3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Chat (or Complain) About the Forum Itself
  • Raetjor - Re-downloaded it twice thinking the same thing, but that didn't fix anything. And again, the fact that the vendor replicated the problem shows that it wasn't only me. He did *something* to make it not work ok in versions of Poser below P8 and as of right now, P7 is all I have. I'll figure something out... if anything, this will be my excuse to start learning about modeling and such, but thanks anyway.

Complaint - The latest PC offering is gorgeous.... but unusable to me. I really need to start learning rigging. Or just switch over to Poser fully to clothify everything...
  • Which was gorgeous? Elven dress or Comfy Camper Essentials? I'm betting not the camping gear. :P

* A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Meh. I'm no longer part of the daz3d members-whatever I get now will be the freebies, or nothing at all.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Nano - The elven dress, heh. 

GRIM - I'm giving them about 6 more months at most. If the Poser/DS3 friendly stuff continues to dwindle, then I'll fully cancel it. Not even the discount on the originals is worth it anymore.
  • Mine expires in 2 weeks.
  • I let it lapse even before the big sale. Really not worth it anymore.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Eh, I have a few oldies in my wishlist that I had wanted for a while that I won't pay full price for since they're so many, so I'll clear the list of the PC items and whatever originals I have then that's it. Not adding anything new and letting it expire once the last item is cleared.. It really isn't worth it.
  • Well, I cancelled mine, as you know.  The "why" of it isn't worth rehashing, but it's clear the new direction is DS4/Genesis, and that lets me out.
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • Let me out as well. Just clearing the list now.
  • Me as well- though they can take my list and choke on it. As it is some of my oldest purchases have fallen off of the download list. I had to purchae the morphing skull again- after showing proof that I purchased the separate texutre set for it! I couldn't understand why the original purchase was gone off of the list, and by this point I deleted my damn sales receipt. "There is no proof you've purchased the morphing skull files, you will have to re-purchase them.".............Like I'd buy the damn textures without the model?! That was back in '07! They're telling me I Have to keep ALL my receipts because they're dropping the older purchased files off of your account?
    Whatev. I have a terrabyte external. I'm (when I have my comp back) going to start dling and saving the files on my own.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • We just got a 3 terabyte external for that purpose for Jim. I think it's going to be well over half full when hes done getting his books and Poser stuff backed up.
  • Well, to be honest, almost half of my list is only Stonemason stuff. Can't find his stuff anywhere else... but I am just giving myself 6 months to try to get it all. If after that I don't have all from my list, it's getting taken out. I always download everything and save it for that same reason. Want to avoid losing stuff I purchased.
  • Jim saves the installers as part of his backups. Takes up space but that's part of what has reduced the severity of the loss from the HD fiasco we just had.
  • terre said:

Jim saves the installers as part of his backups. Takes up space but that's part of what has reduced the severity of the loss from the HD fiasco we just had.

Oh HECK yes I'd save the installers! More important than the installed runtime stuff.
  • I have both-the installers and the content. BUT only both on the content I use frequently. The installers I keep in folders specifically for those. So far, I have one for Rendo, one for Daz and one for RDNA/Xsurge and one for freebies. It saves mondo memory just to keep the installers and leave them there for when you need them- though I've run into two that had errored our or stated they were corrupted and had to re-download them from "The Site" anyway.
  • Now, if ONLY I could figure out why, when I update the main template for this forum, I do not see the change. The lowercase f in forum up there is driving me crazy. f for fail. *tears hair*
  • Maybe the forum just thinks a little "f" is cute?

I wouldn't sweat the little stuff.

Forum seem to be, from a users perspective, functioning wonderfully.
  • I didn't do it! Not my fault. image

Heh, I refreshed and...poof...forum changed.  :D
    frantic.gif
    36 x 22 - 5K
  • Actually, I seem to have crashed the theme. Stay cool, folks, while I sort this.
  • No, actually I blame LT! It's all his fault! :P
  • Nanobot said:

No, actually I blame LT! It's all his fault! :P

LOL!
  • Of course it is. He's a guy. *ducks*
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • OK, if you see a small mushroom cloud forming over Rockville, it will be because my stress has reached critical levels...
  • *chuckle*
    {{hugs}} the birdy bot. We're still in the early stages. I've been a bit surprised that more hickups havn't happened.
  • Terre is right. The Forum has been incredibly smooth-running.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • I shall take the blame. I instigated some *fixes*. :D
  • In fact, I may have to ask my hosting company to reset to yesterday's files. I cannot for the life of me figure out what has gone kerflutz. Some things that should not be working are, and some that shouldn't are in effect.

• PLEASE STAND BY FOR SYSTEM REBOOT. I'm not sure when exactly it'll happen.
  • Fluffy. Destroyer of worlds...approves...

FluffyDestroyerOfWorlds.jpg
    301 x 340 - 72K
  • There. All fix-ed. :)

Cute puppy... with ebil eyes! @_@
  • I had no idea there was anything going on!  O.o  ...Wow.  Death by cute with that ebil eye puppy.  :D
  • Yes. The magic of system restore! *foom*

Apparently the lowercase f in "forums" on the menu up top is completely essential to system operation. Who knew??

• Heh, the lower case "f" of dooooommmmmm..... LOL.

• I'm thinking whatever sprite or spirit that watches over Nan's forums likes the small 'f', and will insure that changing it is unwise.
  • I'm agreeing with you, Jim.  They *would* do this to a Fredman. Arrgh. Damn faeries.
  • LOL and {{hugs}}
  • Question: Since I forgot to capitalize my name can you change that?
  • I liked FirstBastion's suburban back yards, too.
  • Looks like capital T's are OK.

• Nanobot said:

I liked FirstBastion's suburban back yards, too.

Yes, me too.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • On the new Stonemason: How very  Skyrim!

Gotta check out the subburban back yard.

• Thank you. :)
  • Oh lord, more fan-art for pay. *sigh* But I suppose it's a thin line between working in a genre and doing "looks kinda like" works.
  • Raetjor said:

On the new Stonemason: How very  Skyrim!

See, since I don't have Skyrim yet, I was thinking it looked Morrowind-ish.  :)
  •  Hahahaha....somebody has just lost it...

DC's "Robama" Ad Sends Out Battle Cry to Discourage Manga Sales

Quote one reply...
    2 hours ago by HannoX [Premium Member]
    Instead of blaming manga, DC, why not try coming up with something original?

Heh, I think that one post about sums it up. I'd say they might try to pay for good writing but then the comic industry isn't really known for doing that.

Edit. Turns out some vendor or some such made the add with money DC gives out for advertising. I bet DC has no idea...
  • Sometimes, I really, REALLY hate nursing... last night, I truly was overworked, unappreciated and underpaid. Blegh, blegh, BLEGH. But for every *itchy mom, there is one truly lovely woman, so it wasn't *that* bad last night. But still! Agh! If you're going to complain about the hospital (and well... we all know how I feel about that place, so I don't blame her for *that*) and the staff, why come give us all aneurysms with your constant bitching and attempts at telling us what to do? *grumblegrumblegrumble*

Ok, I feel better now, move along! ^_^
  • *hug*  you touch than you know.
  • Sometimes, I really, REALLY hate nursing... last night, I truly was overworked, unappreciated and underpaid. Blegh, blegh, BLEGH. But for every *itchy mom, there is one truly lovely woman, so it wasn't *that* bad last night. But still! Agh! If you're going to complain about the hospital (and well... we all know how I feel about that place, so I don't blame her for *that*) and the staff, why come give us all aneurysms with your constant bitching and attempts at telling us what to do? *grumblegrumblegrumble*

Ok, I feel better now, move along! ^_^

Oh, the joys of coping with the great unwashed public. Thank you--they needed you even if they were being butts about it.
  • :\">

Egads... you guys really know how to lift someone's spirits, :D *hugs Nan and GT*

Thanks, ladies, ^_^

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!