3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
  • lol..thats so true*g*

• Raet--Excellent tip! I usually hold the shift key down when using the morph brush to keep it from jumping from figure to figure. Locking is better!

Karth-- This business of needing the morph brush to smooth meshes is one thing that bothers me about taking the pants to market. I am certain that people might write and complain about the crunchy folds, even though they are very easy to fix. I feel bad about this issue, but what on earth can I do? Well, if the pants don't pass Rendo testing, that's that, I suppose. I may just go ahead and submit. If they don't, I'll release them for free and sell the bowling shirt--which does work pretty well, being looser.

Legs bending so hard in several directions at once at the hip, and the legs so close together--I think It's a challenge for a dynamic simulation.

Oh, and I appreciate the language difficulty. Good videos do help that some, at least. And hey, here I am studying Dutch in preparation for my stay in the Netherlands this summer. I appreciate all of your efforts in speaking and writing English even more!
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.

• "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • I have an issue I hope some Studio users can help me with?

I have both DS3 Advanced and DS4.6 Pro.  I know that the material settings you can save from File>Save As>Materials in DS4.6 Pro are saved as .duf extensions and not backwards compatible with previous versions...

My question is this: I have saved a material file using the correct pathways from the texture folder in the surface tab as a .duf extension with a corresponding .png file though the .png file does not show up in the application menu under Pose even when I close out Studio and re-open it to check to see if everything saved.  What the hell am I doing wrong?  My folder progression is thusly:

Runtime/Libraries/character/Armor M4 - injection files

Runtime/Libraries/material/Armor M4 - Poser material files (which work)

Runtime/Textures/Armor M4

Runtime/Libraries/Pose/Armor M4 -which has nothing showing in the program even if the .duf and .png files are in the blasted folder.

I need to figure this out for this to be sold, and I'm beyond frustrated.  I have to get this into DS3 Advanced to set up the files for previous versions as well as the SSS Settings for 4.6... It's a lot of work to get done, and I have very little of it to spare.

Can anybody help?  Thanks!

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Sorry, Dar. Wish I could help with that but I dunno the back end from the front when it comes to DS.
    I feel my Laptop is about to die on me and I have no money to buy a proper machine at the moment but I have a commission due for a friend, so at the moment I am trying tho keep things working with a gob of chewing gum and some hair pins, so to speak.
  • Sorry. I haven't used Studio in years, and 4 not at all.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Hi Dar,

I don't think .duf files show up in the 'poser' content library i.e. the libraries under Runtime. You have to stow them in the DS content section, so any of the folders above Runtime. Then they should show up under the DS content section when you load the program.
  • They changed the file set up then?

Why the h*ll can't they leave crap alone?  

Ok-  I seem to be able to save/see the .duf files as long as I kept them in My Library.  

I cannot get any of the dsa files for DS3 to freakin' show in the menu- the pngs, the .dsa files, nada.

I used to be able to do this.  *FLAIL*

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Don't know if they changed it or not. This is just based on my own experience and saving settings as .duf files. Daz seems to be a bit picky about where you store them  :/

If you are trying to get material settings for daz (in a .dsa) file to show up in the Runtime folders, then there has to be a .png AND a .pz2 file of precisely the same name in the folder. Daz will ONLY show the .dsa file though, the pz2 can be an empty file.

If you want to be able to see the .pz2 files and the .dsa ones though, then you need to create 2 separate folders, one with just the .pz2 and .png files and one with the .pz2, .png and .dsa files. Hope this makes sense ;)

e.g. File.dsa
          File.png
          File.pz2
  • I have a question. 

I've been saving for a modeling program that I can understand : I have Blender, but every time I attempt SOMEthing in it, I just can't get all of the hotkeys remembered.  I know they're supposed to save you time, but with a memory like mine and no time- it's done nothing but keep me from using the blasted program.  I can't spare the ink to print them all out, and where the heck would I tape them too to keep them in easy reach to use? 

Carrara's modeler I've used here and there, but the tutorial options (free or cheap) aren't all that bountiful.  Yes, if I want to pay a hundred bucks ( or near it ) for a tut for C8 or higher, it's there.  Not only that, but 99% are video. I Have No Speakers.  I am not buying any.  If I want music, I turn on the damn stereo.

I have always, always wanted zbrush, 3dsMax, Modo, Silo, C4D, Maya, Vue.. I really wanted to break into one of those after seeing what can be done with the modeling aspect of the 3D art! 

I have an opportunity to get Silo 2.0 for 25 bucks.  I know the program itself hasn't been updated in a L.D.T (long damn time), but as a beginner, I think it'd be the easiest route to go before diving into either zbrush or 3dsMax or something a little more current.

I was actually posting this to get other's opinions, but I think I'm just going to go ahead and get it.  XD 
  • dylazuna said:

Don't know if they changed it or not. This is just based on my own experience and saving settings as .duf files. Daz seems to be a bit picky about where you store them  :/

If you are trying to get material settings for daz (in a .dsa) file to show up in the Runtime folders, then there has to be a .png AND a .pz2 file of precisely the same name in the folder. Daz will ONLY show the .dsa file though, the pz2 can be an empty file.

If you want to be able to see the .pz2 files and the .dsa ones though, then you need to create 2 separate folders, one with just the .pz2 and .png files and one with the .pz2, .png and .dsa files. Hope this makes sense ;)

e.g. File.dsa
          File.png
          File.pz2

Yanno- re-reading this............It makes sense!  Holy Crap, dyl!  The old character, I don't think, needs re-done- I had sent him off ages ago for the store at that site to use, and he's still not listed, nor have I gotten feedback on 90% of the others both myself and the owner/admin of the site sent him to for testing.  AJ, our loverly, did give me his findings- though I don't think the site owner thought they needed to be updated.

I have plans for other characters when I have the time- Dawn, possibly My Michelle, and maybe even Antonia.  Why?  Because there are things I hate about all of them, but I also want to support the other models out there (Rex, Alyson, etc) that are usable other than the other site's overwhelming base models shoved down our throats.

I've been experimenting with Rex, and may work on a few of the Poser Males that came with my P10.  If nothing else, I will see this as time to learn, experiment, and hopefully grow and make a few things I've wanted- spoke about- and never saw anything come about for Michael or even David.

• GRIM said:

I was actually posting this to get other's opinions, but I think I'm just going to go ahead and get it.  XD 

Yeah... I was gonna.  Every time I got into the site, the damn thing wouldn't get to where you could purchase anything.  Though I think it's due to the security levels on the work PC, maybe it's a sign.

*SIGH* Maybe I should stick to what I have and tough it out.  Eh.
  • If you can get Silo there are a lot of good tutorials for sale. I think there's a lot of decent free ones too.
  • Silo is worth buying. It's a nice program for a beginner modeler, and even an advanced one who can't (or doesn't want to) spend Big Bucks.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • OOOOOOOH I would loooooove for someone to make this bad boy figure real life (or at least as real as Daz and Poser could get haha!)
    cthulhuripped.jpg
    583 x 1000 - 130K
  • That is so cool.
  • Elynda said:

That is so cool.

Riiiiiiight!? Really badass Cthulu!
  • Well- since we were last in here, I've gotten my grubbies on Silo (have yet to update it since the 2.3 version seems to have issues on things I don't wanna mess with yet).  I have also won Shade 3D Vrs. 14 Pro (Don't know crap about it, but will).

I've made some simple clothing items, some put up as freeibes on ShareCG and Rendo.  My first attempt at a structure came from the Domes in Arizona that have been abandoned for decades.  They, to me, looked off-worldish so the style of them became my Anari's domicile.

Not perfect (the edging is too sharp on the door and platform, but it was good enough that it could pass as a newer domicile rather than a well-worn one.

I first made the dome, then the base and steps.  Added two planes for windows and then the curtain bar and rings and finally the curtain itself- all done in Silo.  I did make UV maps, but the Poser renders show only material node work, no textures.  Terradome is the land mass I put it on, using Sunlight (both from RDNA) to do the quick and dirty lighting to see how they came out.

I did notice that the sheet has an oddity, no matter what texture I put on it, with the coloring using IBL.  I'm still working on this, so maybe somehow the normals were flipped or something?  
    Front 1.png
    793 x 766 - 704K
    Inside Looking Out through the Window.png
    793 x 766 - 815K
    Inside Out 1.png
    793 x 766 - 1M
    Side 1.png
    793 x 766 - 1M
    Top 1.png
    793 x 766 - 1M
    Frontal Side with Sheet 1.png
    793 x 766 - 1M
    Frontal Side with Sheet Original.png
    793 x 766 - 1M
    Looking Inside.png
    779 x 766 - 938K
  • I'm here!  LOL
  • It's been seen!  It's now gone.  ;)
  • Poof.
  • Cleaned!
  • closed!

• updated!
  • smoooke in the waaater.
  • Hnn.   
  • I was hoping you'd do this in the OTHER forum, not one God and everyone can see, but hey, too late.

Please. Stop. I have re-rigged the boots to both conform at once. The rigging is utterly different now and will have new and wonderful issues! But I have to go to work and have not been able to get at the project since about 9:00 Sunday night.
  • But thank you for finding the Bronze NR problems. Probably more of my switch to JPEGs being rather horridly imperfect.

Was trying to get zip sizes down and had been convinced that one did not really need to see perfect textures in extreme closeup because hardly anyone would use those. Because otherwise, I had 4K textures and the packaged-up zips were hundreds of MB. :(  Too big!
  • ...I'll take'm out!  
  • Awww. Thank you for removing those puppies and moving to the other place. It helps me save face so people don't have to see my wretched goofs as I struggle toward completion. ;)
  • :P

store thumb bloody test.jpg
    900 x 1309 - 1M
  • Another M4 guy I'm trying to finish-first is P9+ mats and render, second is Studio/Iray.imageimage
    Armor portrait.jpg
    1048 x 1357 - 629K
    2.png
    1000 x 1600 - 2M
  • Tough guy. Looking good. :)
  • Yeah, he's a big bruiser. :) 
  • Thank you!
  • Once you get the shaders tuned up for Iray, he'll be great!
  • Well, his skin is pretty red, but my ex had the same skin type.  The hair is neon, nuclear red/orange naturally and sad to say Armor's skin almost matches my ex's perfectly.

I may just keep it just to be a pisser. ;)
  • he looks like conan.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Sneak Peek here on another project character. :) 

sneak peek.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 1M
  • Looking good so far. :)
  • *shoulderlick*
  • lol-thanks. :)

Couple more: The dude above, Torrun for G3M and one of Naidich M4 with a make up option I finished.  

imageimage
    Toruun MUb.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 425K
    MU 1.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 306K
  • different version of the make up ; spec light was set way too  high, but eh.image
    MU 2.jpg
    766 x 776 - 346K
  • Cool! Good progress.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!