3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
  • Yeah, I'll do that for my doctoral thesis. *faints*
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • making a heartshaped box for a friend.  will have ribbon and bow when finished.
    Image1.jpg
    441 x 402 - 18K
  • At this time it looks like one of the quilted top ones. Is that what you intend?
  • Terre said:

At this time it looks like one of the quilted top ones. Is that what you intend?

yeah, i thought it gave it a subtle bit of interest.  kind of like the edge of a pie crust.
  • That's pretty, Can't wait to see what else you do with it. Make a nice bow? :)
  • Nice work. :)
  • I dashed this thing off last night, and decided to package it up as a little Easter Egg for y'all. :D  Clicky the picture to get the download.

This quick and dirty tablet prop will fill in where you need an iPad but don't necessarily need it to be exactly that. (Sams3d has a beautiful iPad freebie!) Low poly, no frills, that's mine--LOL. But it's shiny and glossy and has something on the screen and two buttons. The materials are Poser shaders, but the basic texture should work fine in DAZ Studio. This is very easy to texture, so you can make any screen or frame color you like!

The tablet comes in at zero position, as well as smart-propped to the left hand of either M4 or V4 (three different prop files). There are ALSO hand poses for M4 and V4 to get you started.

I have not tested this in DAZ Studio, which I don't have. But you are provided with a texture map and UV template, that's what counts.

Made using Silo, Modo, Photoshop CS4, and Poser Pro2012.

TO USE:
    Unzip to your main Poser folder and everything should go into the proper folders.

You will find the tablet(s) in the "Cool Tuna" folder in your "Props" folder.

Load up M4 or V4 as usual and then pick the appropriate smart-propped tablet. Or use the un-parented version for leaving around in a scene.
    smartTablet.jpg
    300 x 300 - 60K
  • Cool. :)
  • thanks! 
  • Verra cool! I was inspired during my few hours at home this weekend to start on the marshmallow idea. Let's just say, it's takena turn from being something to eat, to something that just is odd and .................odd. >.> C8 puked a few times, but I think it was due to my system rather than the machine itself. I'm hoping to have a few hours tonight now that the hub-bub of the holiday is gone to get it at least test rendered out to post up here.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Oh, I neglected to say it's not just a marshmallow idea- it's a marshmallow.........thing. Bipedial thing. *Sheepish shrug?* I've been trying to get the right eye done, but I'm thinking that's what is making my system puke when I try to copy the left. Hex kept shutting down after I clicked on the primative and go to smooth it. That second click killed me every time. So, I'm working in Carrara.

Sorta. :D If I can get that second eye copied and pasted and the shader domains down, I'm going to export the thing as a wavefront object and import it into PP to see if I can rig it correctly. I'll work on the UV's later....maybe. I'm still not all that strong in getting those made correctly. Then again, I've never rigged either. LOL I do have some good tuts on the subject matter, so I thought......."Hey. This is a perfect chance to model, rig, map something from scratch. Drive yourself nuts and go for it."

Go me. *Chuckle*
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Jim has done LOTS of rigging in Poser. If you have any question, he can probably answer them. :)
  • Oh, trust me. I have great pleasure in picking through his processes that he posts and try to put a lot of what he has given out by way of tips, hints, ect into my workflow. I'mma keepin' him on speed....type...>.> Yus.
  • GRIM said:

Oh, I neglected to say it's not just a marshmallow idea- it's a marshmallow.........thing. Bipedial thing. *Sheepish shrug?* I've been trying to get the right eye done, but I'm thinking that's what is making my system puke when I try to copy the left. Hex kept shutting down after I clicked on the primative and go to smooth it. That second click killed me every time. So, I'm working in Carrara.

Sorta. :D If I can get that second eye copied and pasted and the shader domains down, I'm going to export the thing as a wavefront object and import it into PP to see if I can rig it correctly. I'll work on the UV's later....maybe. I'm still not all that strong in getting those made correctly. Then again, I've never rigged either. LOL I do have some good tuts on the subject matter, so I thought......."Hey. This is a perfect chance to model, rig, map something from scratch. Drive yourself nuts and go for it."

Go me. *Chuckle*

Oh, lordy, Hex to Carrara... I know one person (Fenric) who can get good stuff out of Carrara, but it seems like a much heavier lift than it should be.

On the other hand, when I started modeling, it was like trying to get across a highly polished kitchen floor in wooly socks. There were lots of comic moments and spills! Keep laughing, it'll get you through.

By the way--although I think he's making Barney, Fugazi1968's little "Make a Beastie" is a nice several tutorials on character creation from absolute scratch in Silo.

Grimmy, we gotta get you a copy of Silo. A lot of what you know from Hex will translate relatively painlessly.
  • Yes it does. My only problem with modeling apps is that you need both hands, and I have a critter who likes to kidnap one arm. I can (sort of) type that way, and use Poser, but modeling? Nope.

Percy has to learn to be content lying on my feet, not my lap! :P
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Nanobot said:

GRIM said:

Oh, I neglected to say it's not just a marshmallow idea- it's a marshmallow.........thing. Bipedial thing. *Sheepish shrug?* I've been trying to get the right eye done, but I'm thinking that's what is making my system puke when I try to copy the left. Hex kept shutting down after I clicked on the primative and go to smooth it. That second click killed me every time. So, I'm working in Carrara.

Go me. *Chuckle*

Oh, lordy, Hex to Carrara... I know one person (Fenric) who can get good stuff out of Carrara, but it seems like a much heavier lift than it should be.

On the other hand, when I started modeling, it was like trying to get across a highly polished kitchen floor in wooly socks. There were lots of comic moments and spills! Keep laughing, it'll get you through.

By the way--although I think he's making Barney, Fugazi1968's little "Make a Beastie" is a nice several tutorials on character creation from absolute scratch in Silo.

Grimmy, we gotta get you a copy of Silo. A lot of what you know from Hex will translate relatively painlessly.

Hm. I should take a look at those tutorials. I'll Google! ;D I can't even use Hex- that blasted program dies on me. Every time. In less than three minutes, no matter what I try to do . The last fail shut the system down completely back to rebooting my computer. I've always had that issue, and no matter now many times I posted issues or wrote in the errors and such not one person got back to me on the subject.

I'd LOVE to get my grubbies on Silo. But would it run on my dual core, five year old machine? Until I update the machine, I'm learning in C8- that doesn't like modeling after 30k of polys. OI. I've learned a lot about vertex modeling via carrara, however. I am thinking when I can get my hands on Silo, both that and learning from Hex will do me some good. *SPRAWL* My chair.
  • surochek said:

Yes it does. My only problem with modeling apps is that you need both hands, and I have a critter who likes to kidnap one arm. I can (sort of) type that way, and use Poser, but modeling? Nope.

Percy has to learn to be content lying on my feet, not my lap! :P

*Snicker* Meanwhile our feline sits on Mark's computer tower and sucks up the heat. Get the feline a base to claim? Something nearby you? Sometimes that works- they can see you and get to you if need be, but they are still in THEIR spot.
  • Percy is a canine. And he's too big for the tower. He does have his base, and he can sprawl on the couch where he can indeed see me...

... but he still whines and begs to jump on my lap and then proceeds to cuddle so sweetly I can't resist the kyute.

Percy (about a year ago):

Suspiro ergo sum.
  • surochek said:

Percy is a canine. And he's too big for the tower. He does have his base, and he can sprawl on the couch where he can indeed see me...

... but he still whines and begs to jump on my lap and then proceeds to cuddle so sweetly I can't resist the kyute.

Percy (about a year ago):

LOL! Well, yes. *Ahem* Too big for the tower. I can see how that face would be hard to resist?
  • Yes, he has those big puppy eyes, even though he's 2. Beautiful brown eyes. Cuddly dog. Can't wait to get home.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • *Chuckle* Meanwhile, the mufuta at home is almost four months old and over 30 pounds and keeps forgetting his paws are the size of the cat's head. It's a menagarie when I get home, and EVERYONE has to do laps around "Pa". *Liptwitch* Mark likes to nudge the old Redneck background now and again.
  • Uh huh. Mister Scary-Fierce, who has a funny family that loves to snuzzle him. image But then, we're sorta fond of fierce people around here...
  • True. That we are. :)
  • Especially fierce little creatures.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Speaking of little creatures. C8, for whatever reason, refused to finish exporting the mallow thing into an .obj file correctly. I managed to export it into a .dxf file instead, but it was so large none of the freakin' other apps would open it. PP, Blender, Hex- all refused. I waited fifteen minutes on each app before having to forcibly close them with the taskmanager. Which I had to do to C8 on several occasions since it errored out as a memory allocation fail, or a system failure message, or ..........the complete system shut down that happened twice on me during my waiting. And dozing off. The third time I passed out over the keyboard was after fifteen minutes of waiting for the .obj file to finish exporting. Left it running and was in bed by ten last night.

*Sigh* I'll see how it goes when I get home. If it won't work...I guess I'll start over in Blender? *Shrug* Haven't used it yet, but why not? Hex won't stay open, C8 is just not happy with this thing... may as well.
  • Sometimes...when memory allocation errors occur for a program like that, I've rebooted prior to starting up the app. That'll clear out allocated memory on Windows.
  • Nanobot said:

Sometimes...when memory allocation errors occur for a program like that, I've rebooted prior to starting up the app. That'll clear out allocated memory on Windows.

Ooo. Dollface, I could squeezele you. >.> *SQUEEZELE* I'll do that and see how it works! I was so tired last night I just could not get the oomph to remember that. Oi. XD

• *isSqueezled!* Well, I'm amazed I have enough brain power to remember that today! Why are Tuesdays rougher than Mondays?
  • Nanobot said:

*isSqueezled!* Well, I'm amazed I have enough brain power to remember that today! Why are Tuesdays rougher than Mondays?

Because we expect Mondays to suck. We HOPE Tuesdays are better-but in all reality they are that nasty little step-sibling that hides out at the top of the steps to throw rocks onto your head as you try to go upstairs. XD
  • .........Jellybelly beans? *Offers?* Mocha and cafe? ..............I think there's grass flavored ones in there somewhere. *shake-y shake-y, GRIN*
  • GRIM said:

Nanobot said:

*isSqueezled!* Well, I'm amazed I have enough brain power to remember that today! Why are Tuesdays rougher than Mondays?

Because we expect Mondays to suck. We HOPE Tuesdays are better-but in all reality they are that nasty little step-sibling that hides out at the top of the steps to throw rocks onto your head as you try to go upstairs. XD

I do believe you're onto something. Mainly, because the shit flows downhill...and the Executives hand it out on Monday. It takes a day to get to me. Through proper channels, of course.
  • Of course. *chuckle* OH! Side-note. Thank you again for that tip, doll. It enabled me to get that mallow-thing exported into an .obj file! Last night I had a half hour so after closing C8 down and opening PP the import only took about three minutes ( I need to find a way to compress that little bugger after I finish him so the .obj file isn't so darned large) and poof! In PP!

I was just starting to see if grouping would be easier in PP rather than C8 when I noticed a funky little circular shadow under his 'feet'. Somehow............I made a floating eyeball somewhere above and to the right of him that exported WITH it. *liptwitch* I'm amused, and going back into C8 to get rid of that thing. Oh, and put his right eye back on. Maybe the floater is the right eye deciding to step out on its own?
  • Pitiful, but hey.  I had to redo him..it.  The first version was way too heavy on the poly's for my system to accept.  Got a migraine and at home today- just wanted to post a pic before I go back to bed.  Hopefully this weekend I can finish the collab between AP and I and rig this ugly little bugger. ;)
    mallow thing.png
    640 x 480 - 132K
  • Gummy Alien! LOL
  • Too cute! and minimalist, too.
  • I think it's adorable! D: 

I'd like to see that little cutey posed and in a scene :3

ladyfur: 'in your easter bonnet, with mandrakes all upon it, you'll be the faeriest fella in the easter parade...'
  • Why do all sorts of mildly scary scenarios come to mind? Of the "if you don't know how to treat them, BEWARE" ??
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • *Snirk!* Thank you, guys and gals! I'm.......shocked at how this thing was viewed. Mark was staring at me for says before he finally broke down and asked "What..........the hell IS that thing?!" To whit I responded "I have no farkin' clue other than something that I am getting finished because I need to farkin' finish SOMETHING from start to finish!"

XD Didn't get to, though. Had a commission piece to work on, with company all weekend, and there was no spare time. I'll keep postin' this little bugger since ya'll seem to like it/him/her?
  • Yup. We like. :)
  • I admire people who can make "no farkin' clue" critters come to life.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Well, there's still morphs to be worked in, but it's not horrible. The texture is one of ParrotDolphin's procedural slap-ons. Thanks to FantasyLT for modeling the shirt!

one-sleeve-test1.jpg
    718 x 852 - 85K
  • Coming along well. :)
  • Oh, how farkin' cool!  :D  I like!
  • GRIM said:

Oh, how farkin' cool!  :D  I like!

I'll take that as a potential endorsement.
    ;)
  • Oh, yeah! ;) Totally. There's somebody in m'skull wanting to try that shirt out, and even as I worked on the original he wasn't happy. NOW? He's wanting. I may work on the original again if I have time this weekend; between work, AP and I's collab and sleep. :D! I did manage to get a commission done, though! I'm not entirely sure I like the finished product completely-but that's just me. *Chuckle* The client loved-that's what counts.
  • Commission done! *celebrates*

Oh, so it's your fault that, mysteriously, when I load the saved CR2 back into a scene, it comes in with the old geometry! I'm still wondering how that's happening, when the path to the geometry folder is perfectly clear and there are NO other geometries in there...Very odd!

So, like, stop working on the other one! *poke*  I'll get this ready to play with this weekend, with a basic texture set. Heck, Alex wants his shirt back. He likes the left-hand button, too.
  • Of course it's my fault. I am *just* that good, sweets. :D I'll stop, I'll stop! *Lean, gnaw!I* Heck, I'm betting the shirt wants -Alex- back. Hell, I would. He's one hawt figment! The left hand button is rather unique, I like it myself. I may have to see about texture making, too. You know my figments-they all have their opinions on what looks good on them. *Chuckle*

How's you, Doll!? *Snag, squeeze!*
  • *isSqueezled!*

EEee hee hee hee That tickles!

The funny thing? When the Wrong Geometry came in...it was Alex-sized! Whut? So yes, the shirt wants him back. LOL
  • Nanobot said:

*isSqueezled!*

EEee hee hee hee That tickles!

The funny thing? When the Wrong Geometry came in...it was Alex-sized! Whut? So yes, the shirt wants him back. LOL

LOL- can you blame it? Not I. :D That tickles huh? >.> Must be loosin' m'touch. *Smirk*
  • grim, cute strafish or whatever he is :)

um... ok, who posted the shirt?... nanobot, nice texture on that,
    kind of almost paisley :)
    ~^..^~ ladyfur

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!