3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
  • Okay, here's the last. I even did two versions of the black!

Polished:

Weathered:

Black_polished.png
    1571 x 1162 - 622K
    black_weathered.png
    1571 x 1162 - 626K
  •  Thanks for the support, guys!

I will package these up tomorrow. Too late to do that now... but soon.
  • Last post for tonight...

Here's what you can do when you mix and match. Not sure I love the results, but it's there for you to experiment with. Please note, for some reason, when you click the material preset it applies to the whole boot, so you'll have to do a bit of wrangling to point it to the right maps, but that isn't exactly hard to do...

At any rate, here's some samples of the mix and match... tan with black and white and black.

imageimage
    blacktan_mixed.png
    1571 x 1162 - 652K
    blackwhite_mix.png
    1571 x 1162 - 694K
  • Great job. :)
  • Awesome.
  • those shoes look so italian :) who are they for and where will they be?
    excellent work :)
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • These are so damn cool, LT. Thank you for all that work invested!!
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Those are Nano's M4 Boots with textures that LT is making. 

You can get the boots a couple of places:
    Cool Tuna
    Rendo Freestuff

Dunno where LT will put the textures yet.
  • Probably the same places. :)

I'm going to try to get these wrapped up tonight for everyone to partake in, if Nano can spare a moment to help me out.
  • No problem. :)
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • *drool*
  • *chuckle*
    They do good work, don't they? :)
  • >.>  Guess I better get back to modeling...
  • Okay folks. Here we go... at long last, I have completed the texture pack for the dress boots!

They are awaiting approval at Rendo right now (freebie section). Once I get word back and they are posted, I will link it here for you to nab. :)

• They are up! Here's the link:

Go ahead and nab them. :)

Hope you enjoy guys!

thumb_67850.jpg
    200 x 200 - 13K
  • Yay! They'e up! :D
  • And, because I wanted something simple to do, I got back to making from scratch a general version of a shirt I designed for my figment, Alex. This time, I'm making it for general M4, and I'll just put in an Alex morph--so it can be shared. Or whatever. A little experience is a good thing, in this case. ;)

Not even UV-mapped here, nor grouped or nothing. Just straight out of Silo.
    shirt test 0.jpg
    838 x 627 - 22K
  • I've envied that shirt for a long while.  ;)
  • Well, I have to take another run at the UVs later. ;)  Heh, never right the first time.
  • Nanobot said:

Well, I have to take another run at the UVs later. ;)  Heh, never right the first time.

Very nice and quite unusual. Don't know how taxing this would be, so feel free to ignore me, is there any way to show the tension / pull on the fabric where it is attached to the shoulder strap?
  • Well, duh. Of course there is, although the fit wouldn't be so low on the breast if there was much tension, but yeah, some wrinkles front and back would be good. And I'm at the right time in the process to do that!
  • Raet, thank you for pointing that out!
  • Nanobot said:

Raet, thank you for pointing that out!

You are welcome.
  • I loved the first one and have played with it here and there to see if I could get it to work on Iain or Mik, and almost had both! I can't wait to see how this one comes out. I did manage to carve out a couple of hours to toy in DS4P, just to see how certain things rendered in it, ect. It was an ...interesting and learning experience.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Learning experiences...painful in a positive way, hmm? LOL
  • OOOOOOH I want! I love cool shirts for guys that's all goth buckles and stuff! Is it almost finished yet?
  • Nanobot said:

Learning experiences...painful in a positive way, hmm? LOL

Hmm..I am a bit of a masochist.  ;)
  • OOOOOOH I want! I love cool shirts for guys that's all goth buckles and stuff! Is it almost finished yet?

Not nearly. LOL!  The modeling is only half the work.
  • *sits patiently waiting for new shirt*

That said, found a way to make Z-Depth maps within DS! Yay!

And *that* said, I'm going to take my first foray into modeling, but here's my question, what would be the easiest way to make something super conforming? Like, no need to dial specific morphs to match the character.
  • If you find an *easy* way to do that... beware the requests for custom clothes, is all I'm saying!
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • *sits patiently waiting for new shirt*

That said, found a way to make Z-Depth maps within DS! Yay!

And *that* said, I'm going to take my first foray into modeling, but here's my question, what would be the easiest way to make something super conforming? Like, no need to dial specific morphs to match the character.

Superconforming requires all the dial morphs, and then you do something with the text in the file...Easiest way? Use MorphingClothes utility and ask IT to make it superconforming! :D
  • surochek said:

If you find an *easy* way to do that... beware the requests for custom clothes, is all I'm saying!

Oops. I just let the cat out of my bag!  0_0
  • lol! Erm... like I told Nano before, I can hardly model my way out of a cube right now, so clothes are a long way coming.

As for Morphing Clothes... I have that, but I've never gotten it to work.... tips, per favore? *puppy eyes*
  • Well, you start with cubes, so that's good. :))

MorphingClothes only works with clothing and the figures it's made for. It does not convert clothing from one figure to another.

You load a CR2 figure with the morphs you want in the clothing and pick the morphs you want to transfer. Then point at the clothing you want morphs to go into--and you can point at a batch of stuff in a folder--and with your settings set, you push the button and it will save new clothing CR2s.

Really, Ralf's documentation is excellent. I would read it, too.
  • Wayii said:

Yum

HA! Loves it. I might have to steal that from you...steal that and those shoes o3o 
    ladyfur: 'in your easter bonnet, with mandrakes all upon it, you'll be the faeriest fella in the easter parade...'
  • I stole that from Xaa.  :)
  • @Wayii: XD! Aren't just a bunch of theives.

@Nanobot: I don't know how I missed it, but that top looks SO good, Nano. I had the idea of wanting to mke clothing so I went to Prae for some tips. Yeah..no...not gonna happen. I barely know how to to open Poser without pulling my hair out. I'll leave the clothes making to the pros.
    ladyfur: 'in your easter bonnet, with mandrakes all upon it, you'll be the faeriest fella in the easter parade...'
  • You didn't start out knowing studio like the back of your hand, either.  Give yourself time to learn the program.  It really isn't hard.
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • Oh my, the first time I opened Poser... stage fright... and I love exploring new software.

Now I can't imagine life without it.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Oh, that was just me exaggerating, Poser is frusterating, though. If not for my prior knowledge of 3DS MAX and DAZ|Studio I'd be completely lost as certain aspects of both are very similar. 

• Truthfully, it took me a fair while to get up enough speed to be able to step in and model fairly easily, and that was because I had foot surgery and had some time off from work--with a clear head and a foot up on a stool--to really bear down on it. That's why most of the models have been since this past December!

Funny, now when I'm sick, I automatically want to model...
  •   HA! I'm there with ya. I do my best work when I'm ill or like...on vacation from school. Modeling help me feel better so maybe that's why you automatically gravitate towards it too. Speaking of which, I'm starting to feel bad now without Poser. After looking through some of the pages here and seeing the amazing stuff, I -really- wanna get back in it and let the creative juices flow.

• I actually got to Poserize last night for a little while! It was lovely. Made a tablet (like an iPad), too, because the scene needed one. How nice to be able to whip that off when necessary! I'll put it up here & in free stuff this weekend. Darned if I couldn't find one anywhere else on the Interwebs.
  • Nanobot said:

I actually got to Poserize last night for a little while! It was lovely. Made a tablet (like an iPad), too, because the scene needed one. How nice to be able to whip that off when necessary! I'll put it up here & in free stuff this weekend. Darned if I couldn't find one anywhere else on the Interwebs.

There actually is one in in the rendo freebie section.
  • Really? Because I didn't see one that looked right! And I even searched.

*grump*
  • Nanobot said:

Really? Because I didn't see one that looked right! And I even searched.

*grump*

Yep, here is the link
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=67698
  • YEEHAH! Bonus, Raet. That's lovely.

Hey, so I made a crappy tablet. ;)
  • Hey, I wish I could model stuff, would certainly help with my budget that's for sure. And, you know, if you can whip one of those up in an evening, just because you need one, I'd say that is pretty awesome. Now for your challenge, then:
    You have seen the new set by mister unpronounceable "I- made-the-Razor-Rider-diner":
    why not try and create some thing like that, only not just on the outside of the arm, but one that is stored inside the arm (or looks that way) so the arm actually opens up to release it.
    Like below:
    imageimage
    arm_w2.jpg
    1200 x 779 - 105K
    1853776-deusex_arm_super.jpg
    565 x 284 - 20K
  • A blade installed in a full cyber arm, not just worn on the arm? THat would be cool.
  • Terre said:

A blade installed in a full cyber arm, not just worn on the arm? THat would be cool.

yep, that's what I thought.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!