3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
  • I mean, lord only knows what the heck that pack could be for. Aprodite IX has it plugged into her back somehow. *shudder* Some hoses and a face mask would be appropriate for the non-cyborg. :)  But I don't think I'm up to that just now! However, I could always make Easypose hoses for attaching wherever.

Someone, stop me.
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Did some gloves for the Aprhodite outfit... now to do a bunch of UV mapping. And then a spot of rigging.

7-22-2012 4-25-57 PM.jpg
    746 x 525 - 62K
  • Looking good.
  • I'm not focusing well. Balked at MORE glove UVing...

So I'm piddling around with this tonight. It's been suspiciously easy to start. >.> Hmm.  Really, I thought M4 needed some love. Victorian-styled vest. One day, it will go with this suite of gothic clothing I'm building. 

Edit: second subdivision, not refined yet.

8-8-2012 9-17-36 PM.jpg
    466 x 770 - 72K
  • Looking nice and smooth there.
  • And I found the prototype on this charming site--lots of photos of pretty authentic-looking costume! http://www.gentlemansemporium.com
  • Terre said:

Looking nice and smooth there.

Starts out that way. One adds wrinkles later when the mesh is more dense.
  • I'm in awe of Nan's modelling skills but have been experimenting with Marvellous Designer for things other than clothing. Was quite successful with a neural implant (still rendering) not so great with an attempt at hair!

Here's a shalwar kameez and sari I put together for a couple of my characters.
    family_by_dylazuna-d5bavic.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 901K
  • It's nice to see clothing that drapes well instead of relying on morphs. Good job.
  • Lovely. How well do these export to poser?
  • Thank you Terre and Raet.

Afraid I don't use Poser but my understanding is that the .obj's work better in the Poser cloth room than they do in Daz. I have to pose in MD2 and then load the posed .obj into Daz.

If you want to experiment I can let you have the obj's or the trench coat file is in the 'looking for something' thread. Think Rosmaryr on the Daz threads is the expert in this.
  • I'll give it a shot.
  • Not sure if you meant you would give the trench coat a go or the asian outfits. Anyway here are the objects sized for poser 8ft. I've also included the maps I used. The trans map on the sari is only for the chiffon sari not the top and skirt underneath.
    V4_Asian.zip
    11M
  • Dyla - Those outfits look so cool! And I love their faces too, :) Very indian, for lack of a better word, heh.
  • Those outfits are totally dope. Oh yeah, I want that...!
  • Thanks! I'll be interested to know how the outfits work in Poser if anyone experiments with the objects. They are T-posed to V4.
  • Here are two test shots of the newly-rigged conforming Victorian vest for M4. I found this site that sells very wearable Victorian-style clothing, and the images were so good I just got over-excited and broke out in mesh. Tsk, tsk. Anyhow, morphs and textures are required, but here's the first renders.

I beg your pardon for the lack of pants on the mannikin. And hey, he's going to need some shirtsleeves and a collar for this at some point! But this will be good for goth bois for now.

PS - the texture is one of ParrotDolphin's slapped on for a test.

victorian-vest-front-test.jpg
    818 x 886 - 82K
    victorian-vest-back-test.jpg
    818 x 886 - 37K
  • Extremely cool.
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • Looks faboo!
  • Oooh, nice!
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • ooooo is right! I'd definitely use that on my bois.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • ok... odd question here. this is not a render. it's the card i made for my mother in mspaint entirely. it took 13 days, hence the title. i sent her the bmp of it and she couldn't get it in her email, only the, 'tiny', inmage, i'm guessing a preview?
    i tried uploading it here but it only accepted the png version. my post is for three reasons. one is if she can't get the png i emailed after the bmp would not show for her, then maybe i can give her the url to this thread and she can see it here.

two, this is the FIRST art i have done in over a year. i don't render, so i don't
    post renders. this is what art i do, besides real life art like painting.

three, any clue what is wrong with the email providers in the uk where she is that i sent it? a friend in the us on a non windows comp was able to get the
    bmp in email fine, so it's not about windows versus apple... i just wonder if anybody has any clue.

four, there are a trillion colors in this thing. make it larger in paint and look at the signature. the, 'font', does not have a name because i did not name it yet.

five, if you want to move this post to a better thread, please do. i just figured, making, well, i made it, pixel by pixel, mostly pointilisme...

six, edit: it's 800 x 600. why does it show up so small on this post, and twice? it wouldn't accept the bmp version but seems to have made two pngs? : sad and puzzled.
    september6through18.bmp
    800 x 600 - 1M
    september6through18b.png
    800 x 600 - 358K
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Two thoughts, ladyfur: 1)the size of your file maybe too big for her email provider to accept it.2)it may be she does not have a program that willingly opens bmp files. I know the point of bit maps and png files is that there is no loss in picture quality, but that means that downsizing the file can lead to tiny images.
    As for giving her a link to here: from where I'm sitting, I'd say go right ahead.

As for this being your first piece of art in a year: well done! Don't think you have to render!
  • After you upload the file, roll the cursor over the thumbnail and you'll see "Insert Image" appear. Click that, and the code will be added to your comment text. It will probably show up, too, in a larger size. The forum will resize it if it's too large when the page is refreshed. A new copy will be added every time you click the Insert Image link!  and the thumbnail will remain visible, too. That's normal.

Web browsers won't normally render a BMP. JPG, GIF, and PNG are the better formats for the web.
  • hi, reat, nanobot. ok, now i see it put it up on the post with the thumnail under it.
    she just emailed back saying her email was blocking even the png for, 'security'. how stupid is that? :( paranoid, i swear.

anyway i'll send her the url to this page and hopefully she can see it.
    thanks.

oh, and anybody who wants to comment on all the colors, please feel free to do so. as i said, i worked on this for the greater part of 13 days, many hours at a time each day...
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Pixel by pixel? You have an enormous amount of patience. I like the purples in the bushes at the bottom.
  • hi, terre.

actually, i hate pointillism, i'm just good at it. i found myself silently
    yelling at seurat several times. if you watch the scene from, 'sunday in
    the park with george', where benadette peters is begging mandy patemkin,
    who plays george, to please go out with her, but he has to fix the hat, to
    get it just right... it really explains pointillism the best. and her frustration
    with him, lol. i also like the results. his painting is my favorite piece of
    art, period. always has been.

i think the flowers are hydrangeas, at least, by the time i looked at them after i was done they seemed to be. i drew all of the basic shapes using the one pixel brush, like the tree, river, etc, and then started painting them in using both color fill and airbrush and then i pixellated it after that. by magnifying x 6 or 8 gave me the option to go pixel by pixel, but not see the picture as a whole. by going x 2 i could see most of the picture but not really work on it. at real size there is no way to do it well, other than making the tree and the horizon and mountain lines.

i then turned the bmp with it basically colored into a jpg, resaved that to bmp again, this gave me hours of cleanup to have to do on the sloppy gradients, but a lot more colors, so, a trade off, as it were.

i'm still waiting to see if she was able to view this page or not. she is not the most computer savvy person.

anyway, glad you liked it :)
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • I hope she can see it. That was a lot of work.
  • hi, terre. yes, it was. and it was scary, since i literally had been unable to draw anything, even with a pencil on paper, since last year, let alone with my mouse.
    i have a new monitor.

i just emailed her the direct url to the image posted, hoping that works...

and i mistyped, 'raet', as, 'reat', oops, and, 'mandy patinkin', as, 'patemkin'...
    blame my keyboard and lack of coffee. ;)
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • {{hugs}} At least you now have an outlet for you artistic side again.
    I think we all understood what you meant, no need to worry about the typos. :)

• Questions for those who do dynamic stuff:

1. I've got "pockets
    that are not completely modeled, and the inner loose flap pokes through
    the outer bits in simulation. Suggestions?

2. Seems like I have
    some hard deco that had verts that go wild during simulation but snap
    back after it's done. Is this anything to worry about? Its for some
    buttons--nothing fabulously complicated. Buncha cylinders with no
    bottoms.

Edit: Yes, the pocket welts (soft deco) seem to have submerged. Those buttons are some of the weird offenders. Look ok now, don't they? And the pockets don't show the poke-thru well, sorry.

Untitled.jpg
    1035 x 952 - 57K
    pantstest3.jpg
    1035 x 952 - 43K
  • Ooo...This is purty cool, Nan.  I like.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Very purdy.
  • Me wants to texturize, but this weekend sucks for time. I'll have to bash at this during the week. Sounds like you are still fiddling though, so just send it over when you are ready. :)
  • Has anyone fiddled with Poser's height presets? 

I have 'Shape of a Man' and 'Shape of a Woman' from DAZ.com, but once I apply the morphs it still looks off. Only the limbs get scaled and it's -not- a glitch or anything. Then when I pose them, there's tons of readjusting and tweaking, blahblahblarg...I just wasn't satisfied. I then tried the height presets in Poser and I kind of like them, but when comparing one character next to the other I am not sure how well they match up. There's some modifications, but that's only when I first make the model and apply the clothing. It looks more accurate to me than SoaM, but I could be bias :\.

Oh, and I don't even know if I already asked this question here. I recall something being said a long time ago, but I don't remember if it was here or not.
    ladyfur: 'in your easter bonnet, with mandrakes all upon it, you'll be the faeriest fella in the easter parade...'
  • You know, I got one of those but haven't gotten around to fiddling with it. :(  I wish I could help more.

Meantime, back to fiddling with dynamics on a new tee shirt mesh. And doing morph targets to fit it better. This is on Alex...who is rather different from the standard M4 shape. Pardon the rather raw render...Oy, no hair. And the weird Mime-against-wall pose. Test render!

blue-tee.jpg
    623 x 800 - 68K
  • Nice work Nano
  • Ok, so one of the questions I have had for the longest time is what kind of program does DM use to create their products? It's really working for them whatever it may be
  • Anyone want a poseable book for their renders? http://www.sharecg.com/v/66786/view/11/ ... eable-Book
  • Celtic - why not ask them? Could be anything. They've been doing it so long, I'm betting it's Max or Lightwave.
  • Wow, I really enjoy watching your WIP, Nan.  I would love to be able to model what I want in my head for my boys, but really---  don't have it in me to even make the attempt.  That and Hex is still giving me issues...and I haven't gotten a good grasp on Blender yet.  lol

Can't wait to see the rest of those pants.

• I have been SO busy with meshing lately!

There's a flying car, the pants and a bowling shirt, and oxford shoes to go with...a V4 "African" outfit that actually works fabulously on Femasu...jeez... the list... but a lot of these will be going into the Rendo store!

1-22-2013 3-38-25 PM.jpg
    1271 x 582 - 126K
    wip12.jpg
    668 x 796 - 75K
    wip1.jpg
    735 x 861 - 34K
  • The "African" stuff is based on ethnically-flavored modern American apparel, not anything truly African.

wip3.jpg
    717 x 861 - 52K
  • I will be getting those pants/shoes for sure.  XD  One of my figs demands such. Great work with the meshing- you've been a busy Nano!  
  • Those models are great Nan. I really like the 'african' one.
  • The clothes are Poser dynamic--the pants by request, and the rest because, well, loose clothes look better that way. :)
  • Tee shirts added to the slew of things... These are mostly the texture expansion.

wips.jpg
    1000 x 428 - 184K
    wips2.jpg
    981 x 492 - 148K
  • I can't wait for this stuff to come out.  :D

I love those kriffin teeshirts.
  • Sankoo. I'm going to try to get some printed on Zazzle...'cause I want my own!

• I actually own these...except for the rib knit.

wips3.jpg
    900 x 600 - 179K
    wips4.jpg
    900 x 600 - 206K

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!