3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Welcome to the (Concrete) Jungle
  • Apropos of nothing but a render I'm setting up...I love Jepe's M4 Hairy with puffy hearts. :)
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • GRIM said:

"But...why is the Rum gone?" *SNIRK*

I saw where that comes from on a "meme" site (though I haven't seen the movie), and really, I have to sympathize with Jack with that one.  Destroying rum because it personally offends her?  Hey, no prob, babe.  By the way, I'm like a notorious pirate and your clothes offend me.  So I'm tearin' 'em off ya.  Now.  Oh, and your virginity?  Man, I find that incredibly offensive to my pirate nature, particularly since you're a stuck-up priss.  We'll fix that now that we've got your clothes off.

I mean, really.  If you're a beautiful woman trapped on a desert island with half-crazy pirate, and the only thing separating you from a pissed off sober half-crazy pirate and a happy sleeping half-crazy pirate is twenty kegs of rum, you don't burn the rum. 

But, of course, it all worked out in the movie, so there we are.
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • GRIM said:

Actually... I have the DS runtime which is a massacre. I have Character Runtime, Clothing Runtime, Props Runtime, Nature Runtime, Weapons Runtime, and Machines Runtime. That's seven total, plus the native Poser Runtime that I've added nothing to but lights/shaders. I kept the Poser runtime with the application due to the shaders not working correctly when I tried to install it elsewhere. I kept the DS runtimie with the app because I was lazy.

Wow. ((O.O))

That is EXACTLY the same as what I'm doing with my new Runtimes, Characters, Cloths, Animals, Nature... Same categories mostly. There is one difference though is I have a Sci-Fi Runtime I'm building in addition to the same categories that you've stated.
    Oh and you're Machines Runtime I call Vehicles. That is any mode of transportation, boats planes cars, motorcycles, ships, military stuff like tanks, helicopters, Humvs.... I'm still rebuilding them too. I had no idea I had so many files. LOL.
  • Nanobot said:

Apropos of nothing but a render I'm setting up...I love Jepe's M4 Hairy with puffy hearts. :)

It does come in so very handy. Just watch out. I have noticed it sometimes producing odd pixelated wholes in the fur, which good old Stuart, the Renderscot, has managed to reproduce, so be ware, you may have to touch things up a tad in post production, but that's easily done. Also, I tend to use the unconformed version once I have the scene more or less set up as even with ik set to off the hairsuit's legs tend to fly off if you have to re-pose your regular M4 using stock poses that you then tweak.

• Another advantage of the unconformed version is that in poser all you doe is duplicate the character in question and it will retain all of the morphs and expressions automatically, which you'd have to redial if you used the conformed version.
  • Xaa said:

GRIM said:

I saw where that comes from on a "meme" site (though I haven't seen the movie), and really, I have to sympathize with Jack with that one.  Destroying rum because it personally offends her?  Hey, no prob, babe.  By the way, I'm like a notorious pirate and your clothes offend me.  So I'm tearin' 'em off ya.  Now.  Oh, and your virginity?  Man, I find that incredibly offensive to my pirate nature, particularly since you're a stuck-up priss.  We'll fix that now that we've got your clothes off.

I mean, really.  If you're a beautiful woman trapped on a desert island with half-crazy pirate, and the only thing separating you from a pissed off sober half-crazy pirate and a happy sleeping half-crazy pirate is twenty kegs of rum, you don't burn the rum. 

And then there's the African Queen...  :D
  • Xaa said:

GRIM said:

And then there's the African Queen...  :D

Oh, man...  AQ was an incredible movie - like a time-capsule of culture and history.  During the filming in Uganda, pretty much everyone was sick as a dog.  The piano-playing scene?  Hepburn had a bucket at her feet to vomit into between takes.  The only one who didn't get sick in the entire cast and crew was Bogart.  He credited this to refusing to drink the local water at all.  Instead, he survived the six-week shoot on a large supply of whiskey he brought along. ;-)

Strangely, the illness actually worked out well in the film.  In the early parts, Hepburn looks drawn and totally beat by the intense heat and the situation.  As they get to the later river/rapids scenes (which were shot at Pinewood in England), Hepburn and everyone else are feeling better and better, and it gives the visual impression of her coming to life through the adventure.
  • For those who are shopping at Daz, please have patience if you encounter a problem that customer service needs to fix. Apparently Cindy West gave notice and trained a replacement before Christmas and the new person is going to take some time to settle into the job.
  • Heard about that... sad/bad news. 

Question for those that know. Peeking through Xurge's back catalog I saw a few V4.1 outfits there. Those would fit V4.2 no?
  • Yes, AP. the outfits made for Vick4.1 do fit V4.2 no bother.
  • GOOD MORNING! *cheeky grin!!!*
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Good morning. :)
  • MOOOOOOOOOOORNING!

Off to do some exercise now, :D
  • Hee. Half a pot of coffee does wonders. :D Go ex-or-size! I'm.. going to try to look like I'm working. >.> Again. <.<
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Morning? Man I'm just about to finish my working day, provided no pesky pupil shows up for tutorials... aah, no such luck . One just walked in.
  • *bounces up and down* I want to see if the cuffs work for you. *bounce bounce bounce*
  • I plan on seeing how they work tonight if I can! Tomorrow if I can't tonight! I'm excited. I have an idear. *Wicked grin*
  • Oh goody!
  • Was snowing in DC. Now, back up in Rockville to go to post-operative checkup, snow has arrived from the south (some miles). Dammit. It's trying to come down more earnestly now!
  • How's the checkup going?
  • I hope the checkup is doing well- and keep the snow! Keep it! Buuuuut...if I get snowed in and they delcare an emergency...I can stay home and play. >.> <.< SNOW! SNOW DAMN YOU! *Ya'll saw that comin', dinja?*
  • *chuckle*
    Not cold enough here for snow at this time.
  • This looks like it might be useful for some of you D/S users.
    http://www.3dlightmaster.com/raspalace/
  • GRIM said:

I hope the checkup is doing well- and keep the snow! Keep it! Buuuuut...if I get snowed in and they delcare an emergency...I can stay home and play. >.> <.< SNOW! SNOW DAMN YOU! *Ya'll saw that comin', dinja?*</p>

My dear Kay is a civil servant. They actually get to stay home when the roads get too bad.

Me, they NEVER have snow days. The damn railroad never sleeps.
  • We occasionally (like once maybe) have a entire snow day.  Most times it's just a delay.  However, they do let you use your own judgment about coming in later.  That said, I just live over the river so have no excuse.  I could go by dog sled if'n I had to.  :)
  • GRIM said:

I hope the checkup is doing well-

I told the podiatrist that I was really excited to have this excellent barometer stuck to the end of my leg. Yeah, I can tell the weather now.

Otherwise, everything is exactly dead normal and good in terms of recovery, even the pain on the ball of my foot. Seems that if you haven't been bending your big toe for a while (year?), then when it does start bending, the little twin "kneecaps" under that first metatarsal joint cry and whine a lot because NOW they have to start working again. But I have good mobility, and I keep pushing it. I was instructed to do more, so I shall. Pushups balanced on my TOES. Ow. Plank. Ow.
  • ouch.  *toe hug*
  • @Nan:{{{hugs}}} I'm all too familiar with that kind of pain. I had to teach each of my knees to bend again after surgery on the joint and then six weeks total immobilization in a cast. That HURT. However, since I wanted to be able to walk, hike, and backpack again.... It was done.
  • *grump* That's it. Next vacation I'm leaving town. These past two weeks, which I requested WELL in advance, I've been called to go to work TWICE. And one of them was new year's eve. They must be out of their mind. They can't get me to do OT when I'm working regularly WHAT on EARTH makes them think I'll go do it during my vacation!? *grumpgrumpgrump*

On other, better news, I have pretty black (well, black-er) hair now! Yay! Got my hair a much needed pampering and trim and it's all pretty and smooth and not jaggy anymore. Much yayness. 
    Nan! If you have snow that means I may get it soon, right? Don't know how to feel about that, heh... I don't want to get stuck at the hospital *again* like last snow storm... *shudder* That said, *hands Nano some ibuprofen and water*, hope the pain goes away soonest, but good news that all is well, ^_^

How are you all doing?
  • Hi AP. Doing all right. Just getting some (rare) reminders from my left knee that (from a medical standpoint) I'm probably past due for knee replacements. Taking glucosamine (total of 1500mg) and chondroitin (1250mg) a day (devided among three doses) has made an improvement in my left knee. I'm well aware that it isn't a cure though. Eventually I'm going to have to have both knees replaced.
  • Eep! Better sooner than later, Terre... don't want that to get much worse... Best wishes.

In other notes, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! *happy dance* It's Agent John Preston! And Gunkata poses! YAAAAAAAAY! http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/sm-chris-m4/90639#
  • Hm. Interesting! I may see if I can pick that up just for the suit-which has a few possibilities for a couple of things I had brewing in one of my six notebooks of Idears. :)
  • Yeah, the suit alone is very cool. The character texture... weeeell.... the eyebrows scare me, but what the hey. 

Morning!
  • Nice suit! They did not show a front or back view with the arms down. so we don't know how those shoulders fare. It's hard to keep them creased like a real suit.
  • True for the views given- as for the character texture, I have Iain and several others I would use other than that one. The suit, if it borks up like some do, I can probably post into something more life-like if need be. Eh, we'll see when I have the casholoa. XD
  • Well, there's always the morph brush or D-formers for the shoulders.
  • True.  I've used the morph brush before, but never could quite get the D-formers understood enough to have those work.  :D 
  • Yeah, me neither. D-formers, magnets, I haven't got a clue. I tried using them once with the help of a practical poser book but, I can't say I understood what I did.
  • Just to let you know, still working on the first pic with Nano's manacles, I think it needs a lot more people in the background. Trying to get it to look like a 1001 nights bazaar/ slave market.
  • *Slinks in....*

*FLASH!!! AH-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah....!(like in the TV series) *

>.> *Slinks off*
  • King of the impossible!
  • Raetjor said:

King of the impossible!

*Bow-with a flourish, even* I do try to appease. *grin* How's you?
  • *waves*
  • *Tackle!*

Whoops...O.o Raet..I may need a pump. I think I squished our Nan. *Cheesesmile?*
  • No, no! I'm OK!  *squiggle* See?
  • Oh, good. *Squeeze* How've you been? How's the toe? How's work? Whazzuuuuuuuuup? :D
  • Did GRIM just have coffee? :-P A little hyper there, :D Hi, all.
  • Did GRIM just have coffee? :-P A little hyper there, :D Hi, all.

Hihi!  YUS.   A pot, and a twenty ounce of DEW. @.@  And...I'm home.  Hee.  Time to work on Jensen's second portrait...Egads, the hair came out WRONG. 0.o
  • Second portrait, huh? Oh my, too much coffee...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!