3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Welcome to the (Concrete) Jungle
  • *waves to AP* Hey ho!
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • I'm taking a break from all things serious. As in, money-making, deadlined, and all that. Today was a good day, it looks like I'm going to have some good students in my classes, but my poor brain needs a reset. I haven't done any sustained in-person teaching in several years!

Figments! Where are ye?? Surochek needs you!
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • {{hugs}}
    Hi guys. :)
  • Anyone a customer of Eclipse Studios? http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=181224
  • *waves back to Nano* Hi, hi! :D
    Staycation's over for me... back to the barn. Ah well. Another day, another dollar. See ya laters! ^_^
  • Hi, Terre, :)
  • O.o;  You have to be SIGNED IN to see posts.  e.e;  I was wondering why there weren't any posts.
  • O.o;  You have to be SIGNED IN to see posts.  e.e;  I was wondering why there weren't any posts.

*hugs* LOL
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.

Not in this forum, but certainly in the other one. I have seen posts here--but you can't ANSWER them without signing it. No anonymous replies.
  • hM. You know, I remember that about the other- but have always been signed into this one since I applied. ;) I keem my anonymin...anonymininunm... I'm seen, damn it. :D :D :D
    How is everyone today?!
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • *hugs* Happy to see you! I was just wondering if we'd be blessed with your presence today.
  • Nanobot said:

*hugs* Happy to see you! I was just wondering if we'd be blessed with your presence today.

Moi? O.o *Hugsback!* Blessed, huh? If you mean like a rusted copper penny blesses your great-aunt's hospital bed sorta way- sure! :D ...........................I must really, really stop watching the original Twilight Zone's late at night. My humor just is wrong for weeks after. I'm working on an idea...a storyboard kinda idea. It's been knocking and knocking and beating about in my skull hard enough I keep thinking about it upon first grunt of the morning for a week and a half straight.

I think it's time I try and at least make an attempt at getting it out. How's you?!
  • It's just wrong that when I start again reading and reviewing scholarship on Russian culture and history, and must make up lesson plans, that's when I feel the stirrings of the writing bug. It's been dormant for, like, years. And not that I MUST concentrate on a different kind of creativity...

ARGH! Being a writer is HELL! ANY kind of writer.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • LOL- I totally understand, suro. Once that starts, it picks at every thought in your head until it's either write it down or start developing a tic.
  • O.o has anyone else see the new "Idea" of a beard that has been sent out via email from a certain vendor? All I can say is...*Gag*
  • surochek said:

It's just wrong that when I start again reading and reviewing scholarship on Russian culture and history, and must make up lesson plans, that's when I feel the stirrings of the writing bug. It's been dormant for, like, years. And not that I MUST concentrate on a different kind of creativity...

I know how that feels, believe me. My second yesar into teaching I had the urge to write a Halloween play and had to keep it on the back burner until the summer holidays by which point I had swamped myself with ideas.

Oh, suro, can I ask you for help if I ever have to teach the Russian Revolution again? Fun as it was , I found it quite hard to get my hands on decent primary sources what with not being able to read Russian.
  • Sure, Raet, although be prepared for rants and attempts at reeducation. You're talking to the child of 1st+2nd emigres who have been victims of said revolution. I have a "slightly" different perception of things. With documentation.

My husband is even better at it and I'll enlist his help with non-Russian sources. What level classes do you teach? Secondary? College?
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Upper secondary. In fact the Russian revolution topic was for sixth formers, pupils who might have wanted to do history at uni the following year, so it was quite demanding. I got them to buy introductory text books used in first year uni plus made them read John Reed's Ten Days that Shook the world which worked quite well for understanding the early phase but anything post Lenin became a bit of a blur. I think we needed more time for the Stalin years than we had due to having to fill in a lot of background on Tsarist Russia first to understand why it started as well as seeing the continuities.
  • Ahh... yes, it's a great level. Great age. Oh, you're in Germany, right?
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Yes, it is. Far fewer hormones kicking about. To answer your question, though: no I'm not in Germany(unless I'm visiting my family that is). I live and work in Glasgow, Scotland. Mavrosh is in the Fatherland. I know Germany is tiny in comparison to the US, or Russia for that matter, but we found out recently that we are both from roughly the same area. I deduced that from her syntax and expression in English, how much of a freak am I? Turns out, I had a pal at uni who came from her town and was in the year above her in her school.
  • Freak? Not so much. I keep reading uni as "oony" because that's how my friends from Frankfurt/Main used to refer to it -- regardless of how it may be pronounced in England.

And spending most of my secondary-school vacations in Germany didn't help me learn German much at all -- of course we had a common language: Russian!! Well, that's not entirely true. I did manage to reach the level of buying a roll, a train ticket, asking for directions, or apologizing for bumping into people with my huge backpack.

I think it's very cool how you can determine where you're from by language.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • surochek said:

It's just wrong that when I start again reading and reviewing scholarship on Russian culture and history, and must make up lesson plans, that's when I feel the stirrings of the writing bug. It's been dormant for, like, years. And not that I MUST concentrate on a different kind of creativity...

And when you have TIME to work on re-writes, they just dawdle. Unless you're where you can't get your hands on a keyboard.

• Nanobot said:

surochek said:

And when you have TIME to work on re-writes, they just dawdle. Unless you're where you can't get your hands on a keyboard.

EXACTLY!!!
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • If anyone has stuff up on Artzone that they need to get off of it, or friends there that they need to contact, Daz will be making it accessible from Jan 18th to Jan 25th.
  • Thank you, Terre, for the heads-up. :)
  • Thank you Terre! Fortunately-everything I have there, I have on Rendo or DA...or DSA...or FantasiesAttic, or DDU... O.o Yup- though I may go back and see just in case.
  • You're welcome.

Here we go again. Hopefully this transition will be much smoother than the last one.
    http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=181233&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=008a32d6ca9b741d06449736a4fea95d
  • Hmmmmm. I was browsing Amazon and came upon PP2012 for $158 and change. Too good to be true?
  • Nope. Apparently Amazon does deals like that on a regular basis from what I've heard elsewhere.
  • Ah, ok. Will keep an eye on the site then.
  • PP2012 is definitely worth it. Best yet, and has more tools for content creation help.
  • Most interesting. I plan on getting PP2012 for sure, but I don't have the funds yet, that's why I was wondering if $158 and change was a legit price for it since it's so new. They're also offering PP2010 for almost $60. It just sounds too good to be true for me... correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Don't think it's wrong. Amazon often puts deals like this on.
  • Amazon is generally a safe bet--fortunately.
  • Hello all, just wanted to say hi.
  • Hello and welcome. :)
  • Great to see you here GOM! Welcome aboard. Have a whiz about the place. We're just getting started, of course, but there's already some stuff to see. ;)
  • < parachutes in >

It looks like I've been missing a bunch of the fun lately. Heh, I blame work.

Oh and PoserPro2012, most out of box stable version of Poser ever in my personal opinion. Just my opinion of course. Also it has the object as light emitters and weight mapping for figures. Great stuff.
  • Hello all, just wanted to say hi.

Welcome! Nice to see you about. :D

• /me wave
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • Welcome!!  I'm still getting a handle on 2010-  I can wait for an upgrade on programs for now.  If anything, I wanna upgrade the PC.  I want a Boxx.  *HomerSimpsondroolingnoise*  Right.  XD
  • Nice to be here! :) Hopefully I can get out of the artistic slump I've been in for several months now... :)
  • Woo hoo! New people, :) Welcome all, ^_^

• Welcome. :)
  • Zaarin said:

Nice to be here! :) Hopefully I can get out of the artistic slump I've been in for several months now... :)

Yay! You're here! And we're here to help.

By the way, if you want to start a new thread on something, feel free to move about the premesis. :)  We're definitely not limited in any way to themes or whatever. Have fun!

Right now, LT and I seem to have spontaneously begun collaborating on making clothing and suchlike. I'm just a modeling fool! And Elvingdon is creating quite a bit of beautiful dynamic stuff for Anastasia. We're liking Antonia, too, very much. Hmm, maybe Wayii would let me post her big list o' Antonia resources here?
  • Yay! Valis applied! :D Whee!
  • It's the Cool People Club! Yay!
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Zaarin said:

Nice to be here! :) Hopefully I can get out of the artistic slump I've been in for several months now... :)

I don't know if this helps with artistic slumps but it's weird.

I couldn't help myself, I don't even know what it's supposed to be. Hehehe....

wtf_VenusGeeTrap.jpg
    596 x 604 - 73K
  • Looks like a portable snuff-it bag. Or a corporate managers travel 'bury your head in the sand' bag. 

Yeesh. Kinda freaky! 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!