3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
  • Last three. The two on the left...man, I want them for real. The one on the right reads, "Shroedinger's Cat Is Not Dead" on the back. Of course.

wips5.jpg
    900 x 600 - 216K
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Of course.

;)
  • Loving those textures and the shirt. Oh and who could resist the sushi shirt? Awesome!

Nano, which cargo pants are those?
  • Raetjor said:

Loving those textures and the shirt. Oh and who could resist the sushi shirt? Awesome!

Nano, which cargo pants are those?

The pants are a free jeans texture on the Cyberpunk M4 pants from DAZ3d. ElorOnceDark made the pants. Morris did a bunch of great textures for those pants including this freebie. And hey! You can turn the cargo pocket off, too!
  • And...looks like I have to bite the bullet and learn about scripting Python for Poser. Fortunately, PhilC has a massive tutorial written on the subject for a small fee. Looks like a good one.
  • I got those! Just never did a render that close up, I think. Plus I tend to use dark leather version from the apocalyptic set. But seeing that you mention the textures: our own Wayii did a phenomenal job retexturing the set to give it more colour variations.
  • I was sure you'd have them.

And Wayii did a nifty job indeed!
  • Am i that predictable?
  • You have good taste. If that's predictable then so be it. :)
  • Raetjor said:

Am i that predictable?

Only as a cyberpunk fan. ;)  And your style is both stable and distinct--and getting real good, I might say!
  • Nanobot said:

Raetjor said:

Am i that predictable?

Only as a cyberpunk fan. ;)  And your style is both stable and distinct--and getting real good, I might say!

You know, Nano, that makes me so happy! You are so sweet.
  • Next up: copious tutorials on how to get more out of photoshop, like learning how to make logos and 2d buttons and icons, oh and learning zbrush (for morphs, and props).
  • Well! This little bit of work has been submitted to the Renderosity store. My Alex (figment) has been modeling for me.

I spent today doing the promos for the texture addon for it. Will submit that tomorrow, most likely.

main-promo.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 273K
    overclocked-frontjpg.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 395K
  • Raetjor said:

Next up: copious tutorials on how to get more out of photoshop, like learning how to make logos and 2d buttons and icons, oh and learning zbrush (for morphs, and props).

I broke down and got zbrush, finally. >.>  Photoshop, yay!  As you can tell from the promos above, I have lots of fun with it. :)
  • Just finished the Poser expo seminars. Really good stuff came out of it. Reality3 looks like a total game changer. Good luck with the ct store at rendo. Sure people will love getting your models. One thing that came out of the seminar was to treat the main promo like a regular piece of art, ( I.e. tell a story with it) as that grabs buyers more and makes them remember your pieces according to Traveler, Arki and Nightsong.
  • Raetjor said:

Just finished the Poser expo seminars. Really good stuff came out of it. Reality3 looks like a total game changer. Good luck with the ct store at rendo. Sure people will love getting your models. One thing that came out of the seminar was to treat the main promo like a regular piece of art, ( I.e. tell a story with it) as that grabs buyers more and makes them remember your pieces according to Traveler, Arki and Nightsong.

Hah--GMTA where the promo art is concerned!  Thank you for sharing that!
  • Totally. It should be like a book cover.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • surochek said:

Totally. It should be like a book cover.

My thought exactly.
  • Congratulation !!!!!!!!!!!

That Looks amazing.

Im sure that will be a hitter and next week on the whats Hot Page 1 :-)

• karth said:

Congratulation !!!!!!!!!!!

That Looks amazing.

Im sure that will be a hitter and next week on the whats Hot Page 1 :-)

Aww, thank you. When the texture expansion gets approved, I'll put both on sale.

I think people are still a little frightened by dynamics, so...not expecting anything great. I just need to finance my Poser habit!
  • I've been getting more comfortable with the poser dynamics, but it's been slow going.  I can't wait to try these out!  Congrats again!  They look fantastik!
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • These are very easy. Thanks to Elvingdon, I figured out how to save the dynamic settings for the cloth--the really funky dials--so you don't have to figure it out. Also included a preset pose. I even got to script some Python for this pack! Woohoo!

And hopefully the PDF tutorial is clear. No complaints from the testers, so fingers crossed for you. As always, yell if you need help with it.
  • Dynamic make me crazy. I start a new try and bought tutorials and tried the last 5 days a Piece on Milbaby3.

None of the meshes work with sit poses and the time that i have to wait are so different,

Sometimes i wait only a few minutes and sometimes it doesnt stop. No changes on the Settings before.

I think i give up with that Kind of clothes.

That clothroom really kills my nerves*g*

• Really? But then you're so good with modeling anything you want, you don't need the cloth room. Whereas us poor mortals...
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Oh dear, speaking of cloth room...

I'm working on a new set to send to the store: bowling shirt and dress pants. Well, chinos. Casual but not jeans? The shoes are the P3DA oxfords from DAZ.

I feel like a Magritte painting: "These are not trousers."

imageimage
    khaki-front.png
    668 x 796 - 253K
    khaki-b.png
    668 x 796 - 260K
  • I love that they look so real with the details and folds and all.  I don't understand why people can't make morphs of that sort of thing to dial in. 

Well, Karth did on some of her goodies (one of the reasons I always loved her stuff)... but usually people don't put those kinds of details in their models.
  • You can!
  • Sure you can. These are dynamic, so the folds come as part of the sim. Otherwise, it's a matter of sculpting morphs--which you can do in any 3d program that lets you "paint" displacement. Silo certainly does, as does modo. You don't *have* to have zbrush or something fancy to do it--although it's more fun that way. And once the groups are inserted, it is difficult to keep the groups from separating: that's probably why a lot of people don't bother.

On the other hand...I've done JCMs in shoulders of a conforming jacket that make it look a lot better. If *I* can do it, anyone can. I just used the morph brush and followed Jim's instructions on how to use Poser Pocket Knife to make JCMs in Poser. Here: M4 mannikin is missing his pants, but enjoying his nice new jacket.

mcc-wip1.png
    735 x 861 - 219K
  • Cool Stuff !!!!

For good folds that you can dial in you Need a high mesh or a displacement and if you will do it realistic you have to do a lot of different folds.

Thats the Point where i think the clothroom is a much better solution....so i would be happy if some Piece would work how it should.

I would do more Dresses.

For Toon i dont Need that..but for a realistic nice Dress.

Lol..maybe i try it next year again. I try that out since 2009 i think and only one piece was working

nice.

How Long are your working on the correct simulations Settings for a Cloth ?

And how does the Pants look when he is sitting ?

• You guys realise that if the hip group covers the whole of the skirt you can clothify it, right?
  • Elvingdon has experimented with some very good looking hybrid conformer/dynamics doing just that for dresses.

Karth, the best thing to do if you need help with the dynamic settings--which are confusing, I'll admit--is to start with PhilC's Cloth Room Presets. http://www.philc.net/files/freestuff/ClothRoomPresets02.zip

Fugazi1968 has three video tutorials in Rendo's tutorial section that are very helpful for getting a handle on the cloth room. I swear, that man made it possible for me to do modeling and cloth sims. I highly recommend any of his tutorial stuff, for free or pay.

• Yes, Fugazi's videos are amazing, and I hate video tutorials. But I'm addicted to his. So that's saying something (yes, I'm trying to figure out Silo).
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Speaking of which, I need to go find his free tutorials. Because.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Thanks, Masha. He does have a charming, self-deprecating humor. They're also to the point and technically very good. And Masha's a college professor, so if she says the tutorials are good, I'll take that as a true commendation.

OK, took a little bit (had to fix dinner for the father-in-law), and there was a detour to re-create the M4 mannikin--which somehow got buggered up. The pants do require a modicum of morph brush smoothing for the folds in his lap. I've noticed that this can happen with nearly 90-degree bends in dynamic cloth, unless the resource is very, very high poly. I've made these to perhaps slightly less than the M4 density, and generally, they work well.

Please note that the judicious use of the "package helper" smart-prop keeps his lap looking fairly realistic.

wip2.png
    607 x 749 - 186K
  • I made a quick morph with a magnet to loosen the hip area a bit, and it's nicely looser now. Of course, black shoes with brown pants is unforgivable.

wip3.png
    607 x 749 - 185K
  • I need practice with the morph brush, just on general principle.

True, I am easily irritated by poorly organized lessons. It's the bane of real teachers, not just college professors. Fugazi is an entertaining instructor. I'm watching one of his video series now. First run through, I always just sit back and watch.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • He's a lot of fun. I noticed that even when he makes mistakes and goes back to correct them in the video that doing so is instructive.
  • Yes! He does it in such a way that it makes the process even more understandable.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • surochek said:

Yes! He does it in such a way that it makes the process even more understandable.

Which is genius--and makes you feel like, "Hey, I can make mistakes--and nothing will explode! It's OK!"

Because I'll tell ya, when I make something that shows up in these pages, you can bet I did it over a few times from scratch.
  • Oh yeah, but still, starting a 3D project is less messy than starting a RL project. Less paper or fabric messes and less crumpled sketches!

I never, ever count the redos. And the mess-around-with-before-it-sticks sessions? Those don't even register.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • I think I'm almost caught up again.

Almost.  I do want to finish making the bodysuit Beach Bum tops.  That's definitely on the must-do list.  Then a short break and on to that very intriguing bit of M3 wardrobery.  Need to sniff about the UVs for Pyro and that Evil Innocence Space Mechanic outfit.  I could have fun with that, I think.

Trying really hard not to dive in SO deep and over commit SO badly that I burn out for a year again.  That sucked.  I've looked at this year's releases so far and it looks like a saga of overcompensation.  >.<
  • Just do it for yourself. Have fun. Don't have deadlines, at least not deadlines that others will pester you about. Then you can wish and want and plan on doing as many things as you want, because if you release textures later, the person who created the original mesh will get an NEW upsurge in downloads and/or sales. Bonus!

We all can wait for Wayii textures.

Or so we tell ourselves.

If worse comes to worst, we'll go play with older Wayii textures. Like, rediscover them.

What? Who, me? Pointing is not polite, you know!
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • LOL Suro!

I've just been going so crazy with the production this year. 
  • And it's only April! Save some for summer!
  • If I may throw in a little tit bid before having read all you guys posted: the key to using the motlrphbrush effectively, IMHO is to ensure you loch the character wearing the clothes before you start morphing. Poser, in my experience has an unfortunate habit of "losing" track of which object it morphs. By locking the M4 or what ever the underlying object is, you can avoid handy a frustrating headache.
  • Ah..okay..then im stupid.

I bought 2 tutorials from fugazi and i have that clothroom presets.

But this Romper will not work in sitposings. Maybe its because that english is not my motherlanguage.

I will give it a try today again and i will go and buy Nanos Shirt to see if i can handle that*g*

See you ...

• Nanobot said:

Thanks, Masha. He does have a charming, self-deprecating humor. They're also to the point and technically very good. And Masha's a college professor, so if she says the tutorials are good, I'll take that as a true commendation.

OK, took a little bit (had to fix dinner for the father-in-law), and there was a detour to re-create the M4 mannikin--which somehow got buggered up. The pants do require a modicum of morph brush smoothing for the folds in his lap. I've noticed that this can happen with nearly 90-degree bends in dynamic cloth, unless the resource is very, very high poly. I've made these to perhaps slightly less than the M4 density, and generally, they work well.

Please note that the judicious use of the "package helper" smart-prop keeps his lap looking fairly realistic.

Ha..maybe this is my Problem..because i use the Baby in a sitpose and the thigh is bend in 2 directions..side too. So ..as a vendor i can expect that a buyer will use the morphbrush or..better..what do i have to do or write that he dont complain ? That is my really first Problem with this Kind of clothing.

• Yeah. The real problem is that most people just want a Make Art button.
    :P
    Suspiro ergo sum.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!