3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
  • I was working on a bi-pedal, marshmallo....thing.  Sorta.  >.>  I hath no clear idea WHAT it is, but I'm trying my hand at modeling, then rigging, and the UV maps didn't work.  Though for now he's put aside for other stuffs.  ;)  Thank you!
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Got the heart box done.  It's kind of crappy looking but it's a ground mesh for a video game so doesn't matter.  We ended up going with a flat top instead of puffy looking.  The first hard thing i've ever meshed.  A pomegranate and a fruit crate doesn't count.
    Image1.jpg
    572 x 481 - 20K
  • :)
    Well done.
  • Nice bow, Elynda! That looks quite good.
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • I couldn't resist the flowing sleeves on that blouse Elynda showed us! Fiddling around making something for Bella (whose face does need some work, in my mind). Here's a little capture from Silo.

4-23-2012 10-44-39 PM.jpg
    576 x 394 - 43K
  • Oh I love the front of that blouse!  And its good to know I wasnt talking out by backside when I thought it needed help, her face that is
    Let's throw some mesh
  • Her face did sort of disturb me- but I'm still toying with the idea of getting her just because she isn't a Daz or Poser figure.

Love the sleeves, Nan! Dynamic, I assume? I also like the idea of it being a blouse rather than a dress. There are SO many dresses out there already.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Yes, that'll be dynamic. I want to get more puffy folds into the top of the sleeves and bust line, too. Was experimenting with ways to add geometry to the sleeves with extrusions and smoothing, and I think that might work.

And, um, finish that other shirt I've been working on... but making mesh was just too tempting last night.

As for her face--that can be worked on. And yes, it's nice to have some non-Vickie choices. ;)
  • Beautiful Nan. Then when finished we could perhaps convert to Aina?
  • Don't see why not. She might want her own, though. ;)
  • fun stuff with the big floppy dynamic sleeves. :)

dynamic test2.jpg
    734 x 661 - 39K
  • Nice work so far. :) Looks like people will have fun with it once it's done.
  • Thank you, Terre. Needs proper texturing. I shall do a little waist cincher to go over the big skirt, too.
  • This is looking pretty interesting- I agree that it does need textures, and definitely some different lace pattern for the cuffs and neckline. I wonder....would a pencil skirt with a flare behind the knees work with this? I happen to remember a woman wearing something like that in the city, fitted perfetly and with a gathered flare behind the knees on the skirt. Almost 40's style. With the heels she wore I was havin' to eyeball. Wow. This top reminded me of that. :D Like so far!
  • Needs another layer of lace at the neckline. I think with the way it's made, it just doesn't flop!  That texture is one of those slap-on procedurals that pay no attention whatever to the lines of the thing.

The picture it comes from...somewhere in this forum...has a full long skirt with pantaloons underneath! It was rather peasanty, with a cute vest and waist cincher, too.
  • Oooh!  I remember that one.  Ok- got the visual. *Grin* It needs to flop, definitely. *Nodnod*
  • looking good, Nano. Have  another look at your settings for the sleeves, to make the fabric fall a little more softly, it looks too stiff at the moment I think. A good starting point for settings to do with how close the clothing will sit to the skin can be found on the promos for Fabiana's chain dress top (follow link below).

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/jannika-dcords/89922

Cloth stretch resistance and so on take a while to fiddle with but a good starting point is probably to look at the settings cocco's shirt for M4 uses (the one LT likes so much).

• Bouncing around amongst projects, since that's what it's taking these days...with renovations going on upstairs now, right next to my office, etc. etc. things are very unsettled and I have the attention span of a gnat.

The goth-industrial boots. Mind you, everyone will still have their Treadz, which are such staples, but I intend these to be a bit more decorative, with spikes and metal plates and laces and whatnot.

Still early... funny colors are just for setting material zones. Things are still being pushed into shape.

5-6-2012 7-50-43 PM.jpg
    551 x 969 - 70K
  • Very cool so far.  :D
  • oh niiice. That is a nice chunky tread
    Let's throw some mesh
  • Thank you, wimmins. From you, this is a compliment. Yes, it's closely modeled on the tall version of Wayii's boots, and those are awesome.
  • Hmmmm Wayii's boots... /drool
    Let's throw some mesh
  • Yes, they are indeed slobber-worthy.
  • I want boots. Maybe winter will be cool enough to justify adding boots to my wardrobe.

Meanwhile, I *need* walking sandals.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • OH. You mean RL boots!  o_0  I were confused for a moment there.
  • Well, yeah. That's what your 3D boots led to. Wondering how they'd feel on RL feet. And deciding it's already too hot to wear them, so I'd have to wait 'till winter. hee hee
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • They need gel insoles, I'm told, and the originals are made for slim legs (in RL), but other than that, they're made of real leather except for the lug soles & metal bits & such. I hear they're comfortable.
  • Extremely.
  • In >100-degree weather? Winter wear. When it gets below 70. :P
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • surochek said:

In >100-degree weather? Winter wear. When it gets below 70. :P

New Rocks are year-round wear. 
  • @Xaa: Jim, you do realize that your Fedora is among the top 15 favorite Poser freebies at ShareCG? And that everybody is gaga over it? And deservedly, too.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • surochek said:

@Xaa: Jim, you do realize that your Fedora is among the top 15 favorite Poser freebies at ShareCG? And that everybody is gaga over it? And deservedly, too.

Yep. ;-)
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • Xaa said:

surochek said:

@Xaa: Jim, you do realize that your Fedora is among the top 15 favorite Poser freebies at ShareCG? And that everybody is gaga over it? And deservedly, too.

Yep. ;-)

Yay! That's wonderful!  Now if people would kindly realize that your watch is insanely good and buy it.
  • Nanobot said:

Xaa said:

surochek said:

Yep. ;-)

Yay! That's wonderful!  Now if people would kindly realize that your watch is insanely good and buy it.

Seriously. 
  • I need assistance.

I have made a morph using dials and the Morph brush in Poser Pro for V4's face.

I have a system in saving the model with the morphs in Poser Pro, opening Studio, opening the Poser scene in Studio, then inject all of the morph sets into the V4 from the Poser scene to have my morphed model go between applications without having to use a third party exporter or .cr2 maker. I can make the pz2/cr2s from Studio with the morphs that I've done in Poser Pro that way. However, I have come across a glitch.

Custom morphs with the morph brush/tool from Poser Pro does not 'float' between programs it would seem. I need to have both the dialed morphs and the custom work done to her face! Even through the process described above, I only get the dialed up.......O.o wait. I think I made a dial morph for the facial feature changes in Poser Pro. I wonder if I upload a new V4 in the same scene- inject the morph sets, then the body inj cr2 that I was able to make in Studio....and then the face morphs through the NEW dials that had been made (both the morph sets and my custom morhs)....save it as a new scene and do the process over again! I wonder if that'd work!

I'll find out and update! *Ish a little scattered and now excited!*
  • GRIM said:

Custom morphs with the morph brush/tool from Poser Pro does not 'float' between programs it would seem.

The morph brush window has a button to save what you have created as a morph.  Use this.  Once done and you have all the other morphs set the way you want, save the whole thing as an FBM, save the completed character to the library, and export.

If that fails, just render in Poser Pro without exporting, hey. ;-)
  • Jim- I could kiss you.

:D

I will attempt that when I get home- and I have to be able to export this, it's for someone else to use. I'll let you know when it works!! THANK YOU.
  • Ok- I hate to be a PITA- but that just didn't work for me.  I don't know where to save it as a FBM for one- When I saved it, it saved as a dial in Poser Pro.  (If I can export the dial, even better) I attempted to use the script from Partners-Netherworks-PoseToos, but that's for a "Pose", not a morph.  I added it into the library, which saved the morph but not the custom work I did.  Exporting the scene file into Studio and injecting all of the morph sets I've used on V4 only gave me the dialed up morphs I used, but not the custom morph I made with the brush.  I attempted to save the scene as an FBM, no option (that I know of) to do it that way- it saves as a Poser Scene File only.  I went into the Poser's Little Helper, but that wasn't all that helpful- even after saving the V4 base model and following the small bit of instructions that came with it.

I am now attempting to export her as a collada file- the first round had my system throw up a "not enough virtual RAM, idiot" message even if I'm doing this is diagnostic mode with almost everything shut down (which is how I work PP anyway so the thing doesn't die on me). 

I need to get this exported, or saved with the dialed morphs AND the custom work I did to get paid.  I'm almost to the point of asking if the client wants the damn scene file and just give him instructions on what's needed to make it work.  This is really, really ticking me off.  I don't want to by a damn cr2 exporter file, script, whatever....I should be able to do this without one. 

IF I can get it in to Studio, with the custom morph, I wouldn't have a blasted issue.  The PFE works great.........when I can get the d*am (entire) morphed figure INTO it.  *SIGH*
  • GRIM said:

Ok- I hate to be a PITA- but that just didn't work for me.  I don't know where to save it as a FBM for one...

Figure>Create Full Body Morph.
    GRIM said:

I added it into the library, which saved the morph but not the custom work I did.

When you saved the morph-brush work using the button in the morph brush window, set that new dial(s) it creates to 1.0. This will actually bring the morph active, and should allow it to transfer/export. Do this BEFORE you create the FBM, so that the new morph will be integrated into the FBM along with the dialed morphs you already used.  Once you're sure it's there, click the "zero morph" button in the morph brush window to clear out the custom morph (since you won't need it anymore), create the FBM, and away you go.
  • I'll try it out, thank you.  Right now?  It's damn near 12 o'Dark, and I need rest. XD  I'll let ya know if my brain works it out.  *Chuckle*
  • Hey, everyone, anyone here still use Hexagon? If so, is it possible to model something on one side of a cube and use symmetry on the other side?
  • *blink* I don't have a useful answer, myself.

It *should* be possible to do so, but I was not smart enough about modeling when I was still using Hex to do that. Hopefully someone else will pipe up.
  • Ok, thanks, I'll keep my eyes out, :)
    You use Silo now, right? Been eyeing it... I have Blacksmith but I can't figure out the modelling part of it...
  • Yes, I have Silo, and it's my workhorse for everything but UVmapping--which it is not *fabulous* at, but it's no worse than Hexagon. I squandered my money on Modo--which I'll use properly some day--and Modo's UVmapping is fabulous--equal to anything else I've tried.

Blacksmith has discontinued their modeler, so I'd avoid something the company saw fit to abandon.

Silo has sales about once a year...it's getting to be that time, I think! Keep an eye on it.

Also: The Fugazi1968 tutorials on Rendo, the $7 ones? Are all using Silo. That's how I learned it.
  • Oooh, thanks for the news on Blacksmith. Didn't know that. I guess I'll keep it for the sculpting and 3D paint.

*Peels eyes wide open* I'll be on the lookout for Silo! ^_^ Thanks, :D
  • Welcome. :)

• Hey, everyone, anyone here still use Hexagon? If so, is it possible to model something on one side of a cube and use symmetry on the other side?

Something like this?

I just clicked the symmetry button and did a couple of extrusions, and they automatically appeared on the opposite side.

Capture.jpg
    911 x 356 - 41K
  • Thank you, Epi. I knew it wasn't too hard.
  • Nanobot said:

Yes, I have Silo, and it's my workhorse for everything but UVmapping--which it is not *fabulous* at, but it's no worse than Hexagon. I squandered my money on Modo--which I'll use properly some day--and Modo's UVmapping is fabulous--equal to anything else I've tried.

Blacksmith has discontinued their modeler, so I'd avoid something the company saw fit to abandon.

Silo has sales about once a year...it's getting to be that time, I think! Keep an eye on it.

Also: The Fugazi1968 tutorials on Rendo, the $7 ones? Are all using Silo. That's how I learned it.

Mentioning which the Laces video tutorials are on sale for only 5$ on Renderosity right now!!!!! plus with my discount it was too sweet of a deal to pass up!
  • I used the laces tutorial to help make the shorts I did. All of his tutorials are pretty good.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!