3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Welcome to the (Concrete) Jungle
  • Romping = good fun, peace and quiet is blissful when I am trying to learn something though, I'm old, we had to turn off the tv when doing homework. lol
  • We got Mom earphones because we couldn't take her watching TV all the time. Not non-stop cheesy, indiscriminate Russian TV.

Aah... quiet!
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Welcome EG! :) Man, I go away for a day and this place just gets busier and busier.... it's GREAT!
  • Nanobot said:

Yeah, we haz the Wayii and her compendiums! And peace and quiet, as much of it as you want.

Or romp...

We has Wayii. All else past that is gravy.
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • hello hello!
  • WELCOME!!  And as for work- I was more than tempted to rip out all of them and dump them down the empty elevator shaft, believe you me.  With half the work force in a meeting all day, more out for the lunch hours, and a few leaving early I was growling by the time they got it fixed.  At FOUR. 

Tomorrow better be better or some of you may end up hearing about a crazed New Yorker in a church steeple bombing cars with ripped up phone sets.  Erg.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • surochek, Ooo, headphones, around ere I would probably have to wear them to shut out the rest of the household, rather than them using them, but might work. :)

Waves at LT and Goldenthrush.

Okay must go check out the Arts and Engineering Academy and see if there might be a tutorial or link to a tutorial on how to create a developers cr2.  I know I vaguely remember that such things have been done and I need to make one for Alyson2, since the one that comes with PP2012 seems to be for the older Alyson.

Then it will be time to install the latest Blender, decide if I should install Hexagon and see if this is the year I can finally come to grips with learning to model.  Woo Hoo, feels like unpacking after living out of boxes for a long time. :)
  • *grin* Have fun.
  • surochek, Ooo, headphones, around ere I would probably have to wear them to shut out the rest of the household, rather than them using them, but might work. :)

Heh. Used to do that too, but having an elder living with us and with dementia, someone has to remain alert and aware. Of course, that would be Mom. *put-upon sigh*
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Hello!

< wavy waves >
  • For the new folks, when you add an image to a thread, a little thumbnail will pop up when it finished uploading. To add the image in full size, you need to hover over that thumbnail and click 'insert image'. This will pop it into your post and then upon reload, the forum software will scale it down on the server side. Click on it and it will grow again (temporarily). 

It's a little different than the other forum, but you get used to it pretty fast. :)

Waves at LT and Goldenthrush.

Okay must go check out the Arts and Engineering Academy and see if there might be a tutorial or link to a tutorial on how to create a developers cr2.  I know I vaguely remember that such things have been done and I need to make one for Alyson2, since the one that comes with PP2012 seems to be for the older Alyson.

Then it will be time to install the latest Blender, decide if I should install Hexagon and see if this is the year I can finally come to grips with learning to model.  Woo Hoo, feels like unpacking after living out of boxes for a long time. :)

Yay, you're here! :D

Oy, it's late, or I'd show how to do a donor CR2.

If you have Dimension3d's Poser Editor (or some such), it makes life a lot easier, since it organizes it for you a bit like an outline tool.

Very short version: you make a copy and remove ALL the morphs. Take out the textures. Set Figure number to 1.  And morphs hide all over the damn CR2--well, in sensible places, like channels, but still. They must be ferreted out with some care. OH and make sure your geometry pointers point to the CORRECT path and file.

If you don't have some sort of Poser editor, you have to watch the bracket pairs, which is a bit of a chore.

That's it! You *want* to keep the two sets of actor definitions, the chains, the parent-child relationships, and everything else. No morphs, no textures.

PS - there may be some free Alyson2 donor CR2s around. Oh, wait, I made one. It may not be perfect, but here it is! You WILL have to fix the geometry path.
    Alyson2-donor.zip
    1M
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Ideally, you also want to strip out all the materials.  This prevents materials like "eyes" and "skin" being added when you're using the CR2 as a bone-parent for conforming clothing.
  • Oops, bet that would have been me messing up on the image posting, sorry LT and thanks for the heads up.

Wow, thanks so much Nano and Xaa and extra thanks for the loan of yours Nano.  I do have Poser File Editor (just installed the 3.3 update yesterday) and it is way past time that I learn how to use it, so I will try to make my own as well.  I have some for Antonia and I have one for M4, but haven't found much in the way of resources for Alyson2 yet.
  • Nah, it wasn't just you EG. It's different than the other forum, so I expect many were doing it. Just wanted to inform. No need for apologies. :D
  • Looking like there's a weight-mapped Poser V4 coming along.

http://poserplace.phantom3d.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4&start=250
  • Nah, it wasn't just you EG. It's different than the other forum, so I expect many were doing it. Just wanted to inform. No need for apologies. :D

Vanilla (vanillaforums.org) is our forum software. Also PhP-based, but not the same project at all. I picked it because it's *relatively* easy to skin and set up. Not as many frills as phpPBB, but it's OK.
  • Hi EG and any other newcomers!
  • Hello to Animajik when you get here!
  • Waves to Elynda.
  • HIHI!  *Wave!*
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Nanobot said:

Looking like there's a weight-mapped Poser V4 coming along.

http://poserplace.phantom3d.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4&start=250

Waves at GRIM.

Yeah, the work to weight map V4 has been going on for a bit now, looks like there are still scaling issues to be overcome though. 
  • Hiya Evilgidget, nice to have you on board.
  • Well, as for the weight mapping idea on any figure-- I'm not all clear on what exactly it does to begin with. I have some "tomes" to read on that subject but for now I have not the time nor the patience for it. Eventually I will...Maybe it'd help me understand a few things in general. As for the idea of Antonia, V5 and V4 getting this treatment; if this is such a great thing, where is it for M4? *Brow* As a male dominate user here (Ha!) it'd be nice to see something of that outside of the Genesis model.

I actually got to wake up on time this morning instead of sleeping through the alarm for two hours as usual! *Grin!* I have something working on the 'puter at home with the Khold morph from my set. Trying to see how I can tweak the skin nodes on a texture set, and learning the material room for the clothing, AND working on a lighting tut. I was productive! .........I need a cookie. Or a gold star. >.> Something. :D

How is everyone this morning?!
  • Hands GRIM both a chocolate chunk cookie and a gold star.
  • O.o!! *BEAM!* You. You hath just made the Goth-Boi quite content. *bow!* Danke.
  • image image image
  • *waves madly*
  • HEY! .........*SNAG! Cookies!* Ygm, dollface. *Crunch, rumble*
  • *chuckle*  *pats* Welcome, dear.

/coffee
  • I see a few familiar names, thanks for the invitation :) 
  • /me wave

• Ozzfest said:

I see a few familiar names, thanks for the invitation :) 

Much welcome! :D Hope you enjoy your visits!

• Nanobot said:

Much welcome! :D Hope you enjoy your visits!

• Enjoy...creep around...take names and bury..Hey! :D I wanna go hoooome. Already. Anyone else having the Friday "I don't want to work but I have to to eat" kinda day?
  • GRIM said:

Enjoy...creep around...take names and bury..Hey! :D I wanna go hoooome. Already. Anyone else having the Friday "I don't want to work but I have to to eat" kinda day?

As usual, yes. :)
  • Nanobot said:

GRIM said:

Enjoy...creep around...take names and bury..Hey! :D I wanna go hoooome. Already. Anyone else having the Friday "I don't want to work but I have to to eat" kinda day?

As usual, yes. :)

Good! *Snag, packs!* Then we should go home. Now. Like, now. How about now?

....now?

• Fortunately, the real fun course is in the afternoon, so I don't mind waiting. Done with the language ones, now on to the culture course. Lecture ready, music samples ready, tummy full of homemade chicken stir-fry... of course a nap would be good.

This Friday is Friday-ish because it's foggy -- not a normal condition for San Antonio. People are going nuts on the roads. They have no clue how to behave, and the streets aren't even slippery!

I hope it will burn out by home-time.

Hi and welcome to the new members!!
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Hey Jack!  Fancy seeing you here.  :D  Welcome to the neighborhood.
  • Hiya Jack!  I'm already home, Grim and Nan, but I took a bath in honor of your working.  >:)
  • I hope it was a nice, slow, *relaxing* bath. :)
  • Yusss!  Plus I had coffee.  
  • This goes with relaxing? *thinks of tea* Well, I suppose so.
  • I like coffee.  Also it keeps me from falling asleep in the tub.  :D
  • *Waves at Jack*, hiya!
  • MMMmmm...coffee. I can drink a pot of that crap and still fall asleep. Which is why I don't do tubs. One-my happy backside would slip and slide all over the place, and two... I'd end up waking up turned into a prune. Literally. Nope!

• Wayii said:

Hey Jack!  Fancy seeing you here.  :D  Welcome to the neighborhood.

Hiya Jack!  I'm already home, Grim and Nan, but I took a bath in honor of your working.  >:)

Raetjor said:

*Waves at Jack*, hiya!

Hey everyone!.. love the multi-quote on this forum.
  • Hello, welcome, and have fun. :)

• We've got good peeps and bits on this forum, yus. :D

{{mod stick used, my apologies
      --Nan}}

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!