3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Works in Progress
  • Jeeze, going through this thread again had me realize I have a lot going on on top of what I've been doing currently!  It's a good thing to have a record, I forgot about the V4 thing. lol

Working on the deck still, and we've finalized the styles for the houses in the minor arcana.  Working on one house at the moment (taking a quick break from the Major Arcana)- so this is Kai, my OC, in the style that this particular house will be.

Of course, this is just two different raw renders blended together to fiddle with the lighting- the outfit isn't finished nor is the lighting finalized, but it's the idea.

Kai 3.png
    1000 x 1667 - 3M
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • This is going to be a very unique set once you have it finished at this rate. :)
  • Had to insert that image large size, Grimmy dear. It's too fun. :)
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • So glad you like.  :D  I've worked on him a bit yesterday, but the hair mish-mash has been giving me issues on rendering time with several different rigs.  Still tweaking that one- as well as the background.  As it stands he's (M4) is wearing a mix of M4, V4 and V3's clothing and hair. 

Thank you!
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Ooooo! Kit bashing. The results from such mash-ups can be quite good.:)
  • Always kit bashing!  Why stick to just one set??  You pay for them, make the most of'em!  XD
  • Oh- an update.  Another raw render, different lights and sent off for the first round of post work to my partner in crime.  XD  low rez raw render, at that.
    Nanobot said:

Had to insert that image large size, Grimmy dear. It's too fun. :)

You're too funny, but thank you, Nan!

jack (Page).jpg
    1800 x 3000 - 937K
  • This is cool looking, and the setting's palette is beautiful with all that red and black. There's one thing...if I may be so bold...and I don't really understand the reason for his posture. It "reads" oddly, if you get my meaning. I hate to be dense...maybe you'd explain?
  • Nanobot said:

This is cool looking, and the setting's palette is beautiful with all that red and black. There's one thing...if I may be so bold...and I don't really understand the reason for his posture. It "reads" oddly, if you get my meaning. I hate to be dense...maybe you'd explain?

Not dense at all!  This is just a test run- so I was going for a playful if charged position.  That, and when you go through a lot of different sorts of visual kai references you tend to run past several different, and very odd positions they get into for a photo...  I do believe that he's been approved from the baseline (color, hair, clothing, scene, lighting) so I will (when I have time) go back into this file to see about tweaking the position to go better with the description of the Page or Jack- since most of the imagery that is used in the original deck isn't present in this.

Still in WIP mode- so thank you for the input! *SQUEEZE*
  • The red and black colours are visually very strong and eye catching as is his outfit :)

Now I am going to own up to being dense as I don't understand the 'kai' reference. The first image made me think of a puppet without strings (or with all the gear he could be hanging in chains ;) ) but the pose didn't really bother me, however with the staff in hand it does look kind of awkward as I am not sure what he is intending doing with it exactly.

To be honest, I kind of like the simplicity of the first WIP, but then I know nothing about tarot or it's symbolism I just like looking at the pictures!
  • OH. Visual Kei? It's a Japanese pop thing. Some stunningly outre and beautiful costume, there.
  • Gotta question-  Does ANYONE remember the outfit that was for V3, I think, that was a mock-up of the below still from The Nobodies by Marilyn Manson??  I had it, once, and need parts of it for my next WIP.  Please someone say they remember this- I tried searching for a few hours now to no avail.
    demmit.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 100K
  • Bump!  Anyone?  XD
  • Sorry, not me. Just so you know you're not ignored.
    ;)
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • lol-thanks.  Havin' no luck on my end, either.  Oi.
  • I have no idea about the outfit. :(
  • Me neither, sorry.
  • Hm.  Well, I started an attempt at modeling something in C8 Pro last night... if it doesn't work, I'll see about Blender.  Lord knows I have enough tutorials at this point.  *Sigh, grin*  If I get something worth putting up on my progress, I'll post it!
  • I have a request-

If someone has a little free time and would like to help, I need a Poser user to see if I have a character set filed correctly- a tester, if you will.  It is for M4, you need the base, ++, Elite, and Enhanced morphs for him.

If anyone's interested, email me at carriondualities@yahoo.com.

I've had no time to really sit here and rip it apart after I collected the files, and I'm to the point I can't see the forest for the trees and am in desperate need of assistance before he goes up for sale.

Thank you, and I return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

• Oh dear.  I have Elite, ++, but I don't think I have enhanced.  No, I don't, I have muscle, creature, Hiro, Freak, elite and that's all.  I know I wanted the ...I think it was enhanced, but never had the moneys.  >.<  
  • No worries, Goldenthrush, I am on the case!
  • Thanks so much!  Goldenthrush, you can still use him- the tweaking to his muscle structure and his adams apple are what the Enhanced were for.  Just little things.  If you still want him to play with, let me know and I'll email the link to you from the address listed in my original email.

Thanks so much, both of you!

Raet- you have mail.  XD

• Oi.  The installation of Poser 10 went well, figured out my issue with Reality 3 for it, but the first Poser render straight out of the machine went wonky on me.  The plug in for Reality isn't working yet, since I installed the 64 bit and I needed the 32, so this is straight firefly with no special render settings really.  Anyone see this before?image
    gi p 10.jpg
    1000 x 960 - 246K
  • First test in lux/reality with the same file sans hair.  Much work to do- too fuzzy.image
    gi test.jpg
    804 x 1328 - 266K
  • I see what you mean by fuzzy. Looks like a good skin though.
  • Seriously grainy.
  • So, Dawn.  >.<

She clearly needs some second skins, since her wardrobe is small.

So I'm trying to do at least a few that will satisfy the sci-fi folk.

First effort...

2ndSkin1.jpg
    987 x 812 - 43K
  • Oh cool!
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • I really like that a lot! :) More please! :)
  • Working on a street scene...image
    image.jpg
    960 x 516 - 92K
  • Looks promising so far! :) I need to buy those street sets myself.
  • Mavrosh said:

Looks promising so far! :) I need to buy those street sets myself.

Thanks, Mav. I used a fair few different ones in this, there's the Gogo booth and parts of the scifi city set by coflek what'shisface. Then there are the lanterns from the across the cyberpunk streets set (by the same guy), then there is FW's Subway, other lanterns from an RDNA Chinese temple set, the name of which escapes me, and I think the neon woman came from the Hole set at Rendo. Coflek gnorg's stuff is really good for cyberpunk scenes, I find, provided that you add in a few other bits like lanterns, cables, etc.

OOOPS, MISTAKE, IT'S NOT SCIFI CITY BUT TECHNO TOWN CONSTRUCTION SET ONE. MY BAD, SORRY.
  • A bunch of those are already on my wishlist! Especially "The Hole" one... but then... not enough money to get it all. :)
  • Mavrosh said:

A bunch of those are already on my wishlist! Especially "The Hole" one... but then... not enough money to get it all. :)

I got them over time. There are also bits from an old urban sprawl Stonemason set in there, though you hardly notice them. It's all about "mix and match"-fu.

Added in some people, but unhappy with the lighting. So before re-rendering I have now added an extra edge light, a light from above that should lift the figure behind the main guy out of the darkness, and a wide angled diffuse light trained on the Gogo booth.
  • Still working.  This set is all about the black, white and grey.  Looks like it's going to have 5 flavors -- black, white, grey, oreo and zebra.

Eventually I'll likely have to do some more sets in color and then work out a different style or something, but honestly, I'm not taking myself on it.  Too much IRL and not enough crafting time.  :(
    2ndSkin2.jpg
    968 x 761 - 56K
    2ndSkin3.jpg
    625 x 803 - 32K
    2ndSkin4.jpg
    818 x 804 - 55K
    2ndSkin5.jpg
    778 x 807 - 51K
  • Wayii said:

Still working.  This set is all about the black, white and grey.  Looks like it's going to have 5 flavors -- black, white, grey, oreo and zebra.

Eventually I'll likely have to do some more sets in color and then work out a different style or something, but honestly, I'm not taking myself on it.  Too much IRL and not enough crafting time.  :(

I hope you are doing fine. Stress is never healthy.

Those sets look very promising already!
  • So this is what I am working on at the moment. Behind him on the left there will be a full moon and in his raised hand there will be a fire ball. This is why the lighting is like that. :) Some many demon in a nightly scene... yeah, that is what I like. XD
    RenderEdit Image.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 287K
  • Nice to see one of your scenes before you do all your fancy wonderful postwork.
  • Elynda said:

Nice to see one of your scenes before you do all your fancy wonderful postwork.

Haha, yeah, I figured I should show something here as well, why not. :) Pretty boring like this, isn´t it. ;)
    I gave the orange light more falloff and now it shines brighter. I am not sure what kind of hair he will be getting though. Black hair I think... but I have no idea about style and length.
  • Wow, that's impressive.

The second skin spacesuits for Dawn are up on Share CG now.  Hopefully they're not all wonky in the mats and runtime structure.  As has become usual now, if there are any errors, please let me know so I can attempt to fix them.

Grey Space
  • Portrait of the guy of my latest picture.... this is the raw render. Well, the small test version. :)
    RenderEdit Image.jpg
    579 x 750 - 163K
  • Wayii said:

Wow, that's impressive.

The second skin spacesuits for Dawn are up on Share CG now.  Hopefully they're not all wonky in the mats and runtime structure.  As has become usual now, if there are any errors, please let me know so I can attempt to fix them.

Grey Space

Looks really great! As soon as I have Dawn in my Runtime, I will for sure check those out!
  • THANK YOU, Wayii! I didn't know you were working on those!

Mav, the darkness (skin, suit, background) suits this character. Interesting one!
  • Been practicing painting hair and different techniques on post work with P10's renders.  First subject: Mik.  That hair, man..Ugh.image
    mik test 1.jpg
    1500 x 1974 - 338K
  • You gotta start somewhere. I'll bet Nan's initial attempts weren't any better. We're just used to seeing the results of a ton of practice on her part.
  • An apprentice is a master who needs LOTS of practice.

Oh... and isn't lazy...
    :-\"
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • I already said on DA - it came out really good. I am only missing the shadows that I told you about there but then - I am the mistress of forgetting these!

You should see my very first attempt. I will check if I still have that picture and happily post it here! :)
  • I'd love to see it, Mav!  Thank you for the tip on that shadow, as well.  I did it, but not enough.  I think I came across it as an afterthought, and it shows. ;) 

Yeah, Nan and Mav have skillz in the painting area, I agree.  I can do hair with a pencil/pen on paper, but the pen/tablet and I haven't had an agreement just yet on usage.  Couple that with the fact I went to digital due the arthritis locking my hand up after a few hours of pencil work and the lack of time (I did a lot of practice at 4 am in the morning before going to work), and I have to keep plugging.

It's a good thing I'm a great plugger.

No pun intended.  ;)
  • *snicker*

Eventually you'll get it to where you're happy with it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!