3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Do Cyber-Chickens Dream of Electric Sheep?
  • I think it is DeviantArts fault. I link from there and this site has had major server problems in the last days. But thank you very much! :)
  • Hmm. What format was it? JPEG, BMP, PNG...?

Occasionally there will be a burp with JPEGs due to some little corruption of the file or maybe the kind of JPEG...hard to say without more information.
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • The problem was the HTTP in the image tag HTML was to a download link for the image, not the image itself.  I have edited the post, the image now appears correctly for me.
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • Thank you! :D
  • Appears correctly for me now too. :)

• Xaa said:

The problem was the HTTP in the image tag HTML was to a download link for the image, not the image itself.  I have edited the post, the image now appears correctly for me.

Thank you! The problem was not there before but then, now that I know, I know what to do. :)
  • From what I've heard elsewhere DA has made some changes recently.
  • Terre said:

From what I've heard elsewhere DA has made some changes recently.

Yup. And this is when the most weirdest things happen there. :)
  • Mav, is that Coflek-gnorg elevator from the hotel entrance that you used in the last pic?
  • Raetjor said:

Mav, is that Coflek-gnorg elevator from the hotel entrance that you used in the last pic?

Yup, bought that the other day. Just so fitting for the whole cyberpunk feeling. :)
  • Made this one of Loop to cheer up a friend who has many worries at the moment. The lollipop resulted from a conversation we had. ;)

• Hehe! 

Cool shades!
  • Love Loop- fantastic  portrait, Mav.  XD  Really.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Thank you! he totally grew on me, I don´t know.

• Just because.  HAPPY FRIDAY!
    imageimageimage
    street_art_yarn_crochet_24.jpeg
    650 x 430 - 101K
    street_art_yarn_crochet_1-comments.jpeg
    720 x 478 - 131K
    street_art_yarn_crochet_8.jpeg
    650 x 531 - 118K
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Looooool, yeah right, those rock!
  • Even the most badass characters.... have their moments! XD

• Awesome, both Grim's tree cosy and your Halloween meets Pancake Day picture, Mavrosh. Lovely work on that crepe susette!
  • Agreed. :)
    Does the kitty wants some munchies too?
  • Kitty loves munchies, yes. :)

• Very well done with the posing and lighting in this, Mav.   Fantastic piece!
  • Thank you so much! :)
  • You're so very welcome!  This is Luc, a new OC and morph for M4 that will eventually be made available.  This is the only real render I've gotten so far out of the P10>Reality 3>Lux pipeline so far.image
    luc.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 486K
  • Grim, which set of lux render files are you using? I tried two different ones, the first set produced an error, the older one refuses to recognise reality's ski shaders, somehow.
  • Let's see- I dl'd it a while ago, so I'm not sure.  I think it's V1.3RC1 from the site: http://www.luxrender.net/en_GB/standalone#windows  with Reality 3 for Poser 10.  I have the Hunk textures on him from Mec4D from a while back as well, and for whatever reason the shaders from Poser 10 for the pants didn't come through- I'm assuming it's because they're  a shader system rather than textures.  I do know that they say to use simplified textures for the rendering since Lux doesn't recognize complex shader systems with textures, but I have a fairly complex set of shaders for the SSS and such on his skin and they seemed to come out fine.
  • There's his close up, but this time in Poser 10.image
    Luc Close Up.jpg
    720 x 900 - 390K
  • The Sea Captain.
    Genesis(D5). Lux Render with single sun light. Guernsey sweater made in MD2

SeaCaptainDM Reduced.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 474K
  • Ooo.  He's purty cool- love the warm lighting and DOF you've achieved. The shadows on his sweater seem a tad harsh, though.  Is it me?
  • No it's not you, Grim. I think it might be something to do with the MD mesh, they were even weirder before I postworked them somewhat :)
  • Loop has a new hairstyle. :)

• Looks good. Of course your work always does. :)
  • Whelp- it's been forever and a day since I tried to render my Russian.  Since he was M3 to begin with, the re-make into M4 wasn't entirely exact...which I think I prefer.  I like the look of him now more than previous.

Poser 10>Reality 3>LuxRender>Photoshop.
    Dmitri sm.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 476K
  • That came out really nice. :)
  • Very nice indeed.
  • Thankee!

• Definitely someone who needs less sun, he's got some mad freckles goin' on across those shoulders.
  • grim... mowhawk guy looks a little like puck on glee. brown haired guy looks like geddy lee of rush. :) very pretty.
    dyla, your cabin boy is also pretty.
    mav... if you have ever had to eat breakfast with ashes that fell into it you would not want to repeat it. i never did forgive my grandmother for doing that when i was little...
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Moonlight Swim

Inspired by Lynn Flewellyn's Nightrunner characters, Seregil and Alec
    Wanted to see how much water I could render using Spacebones water objects http://www.sharecg.com/v/25522/3D-Model/Liquid?PSID=7e58eb9e1b47015357acf2c18845a725
    The water rings, main splash, some bubbles and the disturbance under Alec's hand are all Spacebones water objects. I added a few hightlights to the splash using Ron Deviney's Hydro Explosion brushes in postwork.

NightLake3830 PSP DM.jpg
    1800 x 1350 - 3M
  • Looks like you had fun. Came out quite well too. :)
  • This was the latest image I finished up. Sadly, it's been months since I've got my feet wet in 3D stuff, but figured I'd throw this up here. It took me a long time to chip away at this, between withdrawal from meds causing depression, crazy antics surrounding the purchase and renovation of my first home, work escalating in the amount of hours it eats of my life, taking time to get fit, finding love, getting married and the rest... well, there just hasn't been a heck of a lot of time to do art for myself. Perhaps that will change now. :)

Anyway, here's my take on a Kitty and Piotr on 'date night' or more likely, as they get ready for a night out.
    kitty_piotr_final.jpg
    1502 x 1024 - 442K
  • Nice work LT.
    Dyla - I really like that sea-faring one, good job.
    Mav- you know I just love your work.
  • LT, that just gets better the more I look at it. Kitty is so cute! Such sweetness in that image.
  • Agreed. :)
  • Thanks guys! I'm glad that came across. Kitty is a very sweet individual. She can be tough when warranted, but she's kind of spritely and desperately in love with Piotr, who is kind of a gentle giant. I just always enjoyed their dynamic.
  • That is a great piece with Kitty and Piotr, LT- very Kitty-like.  XD  
  • I just finished this one of my Baptiste.  Oh, the issues encountered when I was working on him.  My poor PC was beyond ticked on the first render attempt-  it kept stopping the rest of the renders after initializing the render sequence even after I saved, closed and re-opened Poser.

I hadta wait a day to try again (nothing would render).

Baptiste Portrait Final.jpg
    1068 x 628 - 378K
  • Psst -- I inserted the image into the post. After uploading it, hover over the thumbnail and then click the Insert Image link. It won't show up at first (yay, stupid forum software) but it does when you post or if you click the <> icon twice. 
  • Ahhh, the ebil smuggler dude Baptiste. :D
  • Nanobot said:

Psst -- I inserted the image into the post. After uploading it, hover over the thumbnail and then click the Insert Image link. It won't show up at first (yay, stupid forum software) but it does when you post or if you click the <> icon twice. 

Thorry...XD

I might remember next time?  *snirk*

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!