3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Do Cyber-Chickens Dream of Electric Sheep?
  • Nanobot said:

Ahhh, the ebil smuggler dude Baptiste. :D

Yus.  Who's story I've been gathering momentum on with the addition of Anri, Siek, Melie and soon to be Khold and Mari.  XD
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Ah, I forgot how that worked.
  • Raetjor said:

Ah, I forgot how that worked.

The "insert image" thingie? Yeah. Sadly, it doesn't leap out at you unless you mouse over your thumbnail. And why would you do that after uploading? It's supposed to appear correctly. >_<  Or something. Stooopid software.
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Software sucketh.
    ...not inna good way, neither.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Here are a couple I did this year.imageimage
    image.jpg
    1437 x 794 - 253K
    image.jpg
    1540 x 794 - 313K
  • Nice work. :)
  • Thanks, Terre. Guess the second one should have gone in the fantasy thread...
  • I bet Nan won't mind the crossover.
  • Terre said:

I bet Nan won't mind the crossover.

Of course not! 
  • Raetjor said:

Thanks, Terre. Guess the second one should have gone in the fantasy thread...

It's no biggie.  It's mainly the pinups and noodie-kyooties we need to keep in the right threads so that visitors who might be offended can skip 'em.
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • Those are great, Raet!
  • Nice Raet. Especially like the second one.
  • With a little help from DM... and a lot of dynamics.

CultDiaries2.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • suro, ok., it's probably because outlander is on hiatus but... it makes me think he's in a kilt of some kind. nice.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Yes, it is a kilt, a more traditional-looking one than what you usually see in photos of kilted men. It's a freebie, too.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/55095/browse/11/Poser/Great-Kilts-Dynamic-Props-for-M4
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • ladyfur said:

suro, ok., it's probably because outlander is on hiatus but... it makes me think he's in a kilt of some kind. nice.

OMG you saw that too?  I'm so hooked.

• Yay, Great Kilts! I have seen gentlemen wear them for formal events in real life--only they generally have shirts and such on as well. ;)  Yanno. This chap's mighty handsome.
  • Well, I did admit to lazy rendering. Dymanics over a shirt were taking too long and too much fiddling. I'll have to give it another go, because yeah, it would look darn sharp.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • wayii, yes! i think it is an excellent program, but it's off until next year. i really like jamie, even if he doesn't fit the burly type you might think they would have used for that sort of story. he conveys emotional so well, and he's pretty. i read a few chapters of the book online but i far prefer the show. great costumes and scenery.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Yay Outlander fans! And I have a man who wears a kilt. Buchanan tartan. Scots on his mother's side.

This was us at a friend's wedding a couple of years ago http://sta.sh/020totw1s9zd

• dyla, that's great. almost ren. faire or sca in a way. ok., 3 of us are fans here out of... how many? lol.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • LOL!

Yeah, aside from the occasional rapey themes I was very pleasantly surprised with the series.  It's nice to see something written that doesn't over-romanticize bygone eras as lost golden days to be wistful on missing out about. 

Of course this whole mid-season break thing is a major pain in the ass but that seems to be the way most of these people do things anymore.

You can see why I just had to.
    AirMechanic.jpg
    803 x 812 - 79K
  • I certainly can. :)
  • *wolf-whistle* And he's even CLOTHED. :D
  • Heheheh yeah.  You should see the fur on that chest under those clothes.  He's not one of those effeminate boy-skins.
  • lol- nice one, Wayii.  Nice one.
  • waii, don't ask me why but he reminds me of jethro tull, the singer in it, sort of. i think it's the eyes. good render.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • ladyfur said:

waii, don't ask me why but he reminds me of jethro tull, the singer in it, sort of. i think it's the eyes. good render.

Was that Iain Anderson? Or am I getting him confused?
  • Iain Anderson definitely played the flute. Still does, I believe. Dunno about the singer.
  • i think he played the flute and sang, both.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Ho ho ho!  Merry Christmas!
    Sant-PinUp.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 960K
  • *chuckle*
    Nicely done. :)
  • He's so KYUTE!
  • We need some more jolly elf pinup stuff around here. 
  • He's adorable!  Great work, Wayii.  I did one for the DSA contest page- even if the owner went with the first test render I did of him because of the shadows that showed up on the sky dome in the scene due to the IDL.  I'll post that one here, too, to add to the spirit of things.  Raw Poser 10 render there.  image
    santa4.png
    788 x 492 - 387K
  • Dude, Santa's been hitting the gym there...  O.O
  • LOL - Trust Dar to do it up proper. He looks like Odin without the eye-patch.

You're right, we need jolly elf pinups. :D
  • Oh! Oh! I had an idea for one... :P
  • *Cackle!* Well, the guy's theme was for some sort of Odin-ish story, so ...there ya go.  XD  Ooo...I wanna see this idear of Nan's!  
  • Right Before He Vanished...

image "...burglary call. So, we were chasing the perp down the alley--"

"Actor. Nobody calls them perps except in detective stories, McCarthy."

"Right. Uh. So we had our guns out, and he turned down this dead end. Long run, I tell ya. This guy was fast, for a little fella. Makes me glad I jog."

"On task, please."

"Yeah, so we're in there and have him dead to rights, and... well you're not going to believe this. I mean, we've seen some weird shit. This is New York, ya know."

"Please continue. What I believe doesn't matter."

"Yeah, so...Jesus. Those claws, and his eyes glowed. And he even had furry pointed ears and long teeth."

"Werewolf?"

"Uh, no. He didn't look that weird otherwise. Dressed normal, kinda like a street person only a little cleaner. Layers, ya know. His kicks were old and had holes in 'em."

"Go on."

"Well...man, he snarled at us. Right before he vanished into a bunch of fog or steam or something."

"Vanished." She wrote more. "Thank you for your time, Officer McCarthy."

"Uh, sure. Welcome. You know what that was? Werewolf? Are you kidding me?"

"Well, no. But that wasn't a werewolf, I'm afraid. Something a bit worse."

"Worse?"

"Demon, Officer."

[Silence]

"What was that federal agency you said your worked for?"

"I didn't. But it's the Bureau for Paranormal Affairs. If you see this being again, don't engage. And call me. Here's my card."

"Uh, thanks, ma'am."

--------
    Chu-sont'rai She-ro, a fox demon, slave to a wizard who lived in New York City, in a bit of a prequel story to Sorrows' Master. He's been on my mind, and I just had to chat with him. :)

Production Notes: M4 with my own dial-spun character; Prince Albane skin. JoeQuick's trench coat, and Cyberpunk M4 clothes. "Dead End" set, Coflek-Gnorg I think. Hair, film effects, steam, and demonic attitude done in post in Photoshop. Rendered in Poser2014.
    Shen-Ro-Alley.jpg
    1350 x 1800 - 388K
  • Nice!  I'm surprised you didn't use your dynamic teeshirt.  :D
  • I love this-it's so angry.  He's, that is.

And I love those teeshirts, use'm when I can.  XD
  • Wayii said:

Nice!  I'm surprised you didn't use your dynamic teeshirt.  :D

Duhr... :P
  • lol
  • Fitting the shirt under the trench coat was one really good reason for not bothering with the dynamic--you barely see it.
  • Ok, Nano, please put this wherever it belongs. This will be the flagship one for the exhibit. I did minimal postwork on it, just a little bit of blur for the background and some more rubble on the ground.
    RopedIn.jpg
    1476 x 2066 - 602K
  • and then there was this one, which had a little help from my friend Dany in Quebec.

GreekVDanyWeb.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 933K
  • Those are really nice, Reat.  Great atmospheric lighting on both.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!