3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Welcome to the (Concrete) Jungle
  • Well! Good news. I found a power supply for the tower under 40 bucks- WITH free shipping. I should have that puppy by the 13th. After much discussion and teeth grinding, it's either the power supply or (I have to look at it again) connectors on the motherboard.

BUT- either/or, I'm happy to at least have an idea on where to go to start fixing this.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Hopefully that fixes your problem.
  • Hopefully! I'll know between the 10th and the 13th. :) That's when it comes in.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Dar - Oh nuts! That's awful! If you had to clean it out, it could at least have the decency to work. *grr*
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Eh... I will just take it as it is. What else can I do? Besides, with the free time now not working on things I've gotten one closet torn apart and will be working on the three upstairs while doing laundry tonight. ;) Then? I'm gonna play SUFFERING. Mwha.
    *Squeeze* Gotta smile or I'll end up on the news. *wink!*
  • Oh. That's how laundry gets done. Now I understand why mine piles up.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • surochek said:

Oh. That's how laundry gets done. Now I understand why mine piles up.

Well.......>.> supposedly. XD I ended up not doing laundry and tearing apart the kitchen, and passing out on the couch after all was said and done and not even getting to turn le ol' Xbox on! The noive of that. *huff*
    Maybe tonight I can get the laundry done without anything else-that way I'm not distracted. THEN...I can play Suffering. Or SH3... Or Black... Headshot to Slipknot!
  • Things are a'changin' over "there".... more vendors moving out. Ah well. Better for us and the vendors. Morning all! ^_^
  • O.o "There" being.... daz? Is it really that bad?
  • wait...can you export the poser settings into something else, like 3ds or another application that CAN bake textures?
  • Things are a'changin' over "there".... more vendors moving out. Ah well. Better for us and the vendors. Morning all! ^_^

How do you know? Or rather, who was it? Had a peek over at daz, but didn't see anything, but I just scanned. Curious to see if they are abandoning daz or the whole poser community.
  • PMs sent. But if The Powers That Be here are ok with me saying it in public, I don't mind.
  • @AP: PMs might be best for the time being. One of the friends that Nan wants to bring in gets upset at long discussions which are negative, and I can see discussions about "that place" getting pretty long.
  • PMs sent. But if The Powers That Be here are ok with me saying it in public, I don't mind.

Well, we're trying to stay off the DAZ radar, basically, and be good neighbors. Me, I'm all about a good gossip, of course, but this is publicly viewable, so I'm behaving in public. image
  • Hm. *Hands over horn polish!* I used up all of mine! *Cheeky grin!* I've been avoiding issues everywhere so far, with anyone from there. I have enough drama in life, don't want it here. *Nod* I COULD use a nice, hot, whiskey and coffee right about now. I may have to make that when I get home before going out and doing.

How is everyone else?! *Snags Nan for a squishy hug!*
  • *salutes* Got it. I'm all done anyway. I'll behave, ^_^

LOVING the emote, Nan, hahahaha. 
  • Yus. You MUST behave. Or else you shall be dragged into the darkest corners of underneath the stairs with the "Thing That Should Not Be" for correction.
    :D
  • EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! I'm behaving! I'm behaving!
  • ....*Le Sigh* Alone again. *Slinks off to his little cubby under the stairs.*
  • Awww *hugs*  i'm here, just not all the way awake yet.
  • I'm here too! 
    Just grumbling at my content database... got possessed into rearranging my runtime to make it more Poser friendly and thus lost all my categorization in DS. Having to redo all that is a royal PITA. But I'm here!
  • Heh. It's lunchtime madness here. Feeding the elder/corralling the dog/trying to decide if I can relax enough to eat just yet.

Typing one-handed.

Dog needs bath.

Oh, and course syllabi in progress.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • AP: I never rebuilt my DS categories. Once I had nice Poser runtimes, I just looked at content as files in DS.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • How did you do yours, Suro? Mine is still only in just one runtime.
  • I tried to follow Zaa's and Elvington's model. Still not sure that's what I ended up with, but basically I created multiple external runtimes (directories). For the file system, so I can find them on the computer, I have them in a file->subfile->subfile->runtime system. If I have a .zip file, I can either drag and drop the runtime folder in the corresponding containing folder.

For exp I have a Clothes->Gen3->Women->Modern->Runtime
    Poser needs a "Runtime" folder to exist inside, even blank, to recognize any containing folder as a library.
    DS doesn't care.

I just broke down my content in such a way that I could find things.

My installer files mirror this structure.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Egads... mine would take ages to turn into that.... We'll see. I was told that the library manager thingy from RDNA saves you all that trouble. Is that true?
  • I don't know.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Ah, ok. But thanks for the tips, :) Once I get enough to upgrade my ancient P7 I'll start being more anal about rearranging the runtime.
  • *Beam!, hug!* I haz freeeendz. *Snirk*
    My runtimes are all separated. Character, Clothing, Props, Weapons, Machines, Nature. Then the HUGE DS runtime I started back before I had the external-which I haven't touched after moving the entire DS folder (app and everything) onto the external. Just didn't want to fiddle with it, but made the new runtimes to work it out in a better way from that point forward.
  • So basically you have two runtimes? The one for DS and the separate ones for Poser?
  • I have two runtimes, but they're both an awful mess.  At least I know where most things are.  *huggsYay!*
  • Actually... I have the DS runtime which is a massacre. I have Character Runtime, Clothing Runtime, Props Runtime, Nature Runtime, Weapons Runtime, and Machines Runtime. That's seven total, plus the native Poser Runtime that I've added nothing to but lights/shaders. I kept the Poser runtime with the application due to the shaders not working correctly when I tried to install it elsewhere. I kept the DS runtimie with the app because I was lazy.
  • *runtime. XD
  • Hee!  Well, I guess as long as it works and you can find stuff, it's good!
  • Sorta an example, I guess:
    C: Programs/SmithMicro/PoserPro/Runtime, ect

F: DS/DS3A/Runtime, ect
    CharacterRuntime/Librarires, ect
    ClothingRuntime/librarires, ect
    And so on for the Props, Nature, Weapons, and Machines Runtimes.
  • It's easier for me, yes!
  • Always interesting to see how people's minds work. I broke up my machines into vehicles, motorized weapons, and then there's stuff in props and tools, depending on what they are. I just don't think of "machines" as a consistent category, I guess.

I suppose if I had grown up in the Soviet Union I'd have a Runtime devoted to Tractors. I wonder what would be categorized as "tractor," exactly.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Tractors are Mobile Machines without a military application.  Unless you're insane and have a welding kit and some spare mini guns.  :D  Also, a sort of chain.  
  • For me, Machines are the tanks, cars, bikes, backhoe's, diggers, mechs, ect. Weapons are guns, blades, garrotes, ect. XD It's "can I get in it or not" for the deciding factor on where it goes. Tractor can be "Farm Equipment, or in my case "Machines". *Grin*
  • ...GT....SSHHH. O.o Now I have to go back to work, darn it. Where's my face shield!? *Slinks off*
  • And so for DS to read them you added all the separate runtimes into the directories list?
  • I ask because I want to use both programs. There are things I have that are DS only (mostly just shaders and light setups) and things I want that are Poser only, so I want both to live happily together.
  • Yes, just add them to DS the regular way, as DS directories and Poser directories... if I remember what they're called in each program. DS reads a higher-level folder, but even in DS, Poser directories need to be pointed to the folder containing the Runtime folder.

Er... makes sense? Please correct me, I haven't messed with DS in months, except to open test runtimes for texturing.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Yeah, makes sense. Poser can read files starting Runtime>libraries>etc down, while DS reads them as content>runtime>libraries>etc. 

Ok, that's going to be a task for another day. Won't be able to get P9 or PP2012 for the time being, so I'll keep what I have.

Thanks muchly!
  • You can have your application search for the directories once you open DS. Then to find the runtimes outside of your DS Runtime, you can switch between "View as Folders" or "View as Tree". I don't know if it's nomral, but it's how I find content that the damn program won't accept into the usual content listing.
    With Poser, you can add folders as long as you have "Runtime" in them.
  • OOoooooOOoooOoo...  BATTLE TRACTOR!  New gladiator TV show!  VRRRRMMMMM!!!
  • OOoooooOOoooOoo...  BATTLE TRACTOR!  New gladiator TV show!  VRRRRMMMMM!!!

LIKE.

Just watching the DS Poser Runtime organization discussion.

I remember Surochek and Runtime vs. RUMtime
  • "But...why is the Rum gone?" *SNIRK*
  • Because it is! 

Hah!

*sniff* Blasted cold air making me so constantly congested! *muttergrumpmutter*
  • Yes. In fact, if I still needed it, now would be a good time for runtime cleanup.

Suspiro ergo sum.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!