3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Works in Progress
  • Yay! You got a tablet!  I'm glad the painting video makes sense now! 

One of the nifty things about the tablet...as long as the drivers work on your system, they just don't break. Well, my Wacoms don't. Now I'm accumulating a collection after a decade or so... >.>

I want to get a copy of Camtasia to make an update to that--it needs it. I've figured out some other techniques since then--but Camtasia costs a LOT for just making the odd tutorial. I could get a huge Intuous 5 for that money. *slobber*
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Well so far the tut is helpful, but then again I wanted to ask you how you achieved that almost 'wet look' when you painted the hair on that peek-a-boo elf picture in the other thread. I know how it feels when you want to get something that you know for a fact will make something better, but...I mean the old tut style wasn't bad. Maybe you can just wing it? ',:|
    ladyfur: 'in your easter bonnet, with mandrakes all upon it, you'll be the faeriest fella in the easter parade...'
  • Peekaboo....?? er? Which one?
  • The one where you were painting his hair it has like...little bits of purple in it. I just went through all the threads (I think) and I can't find him it was a the top half of a guys head and he had artfully mussed, short, black hair with a streak or two in it. .___.
    ladyfur: 'in your easter bonnet, with mandrakes all upon it, you'll be the faeriest fella in the easter parade...'
  • Oooh, Shantung. I...think that's how she spelled that lovely attitude's name. XD

I love my tablet, and have had fun and frustrations on learning the thing and it's quirks- Still am. Nan's tuts helped me A LOT on that hair issue, and I've found others on CGSociety that can help, too. If I have the links, I'll post them.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Hmm tutorials?  Maybe I can start using my tablet for more than a coaster
    Let's throw some mesh
  • Hmm tutorials?  Maybe I can start using my tablet for more than a coaster

*shock and horror* A coaster??  It makes painting programs--like Photoshop--usable. And vector programs, too, for that matter.
  • I have an intuis 4 from years ago but since I lack that 
    painting talent gene I sorta don't use it much...
    Let's throw some mesh
  • Ninety percent of the "painting talent" is practice, I'm telling you. Training the hands and eyes and mind. And you certainly have trained hands and eyes and mind, if you do calligraphy and stitchery! :)
  • Nanobot said:

Ninety percent of the "painting talent" is practice, I'm telling you. Training the hands and eyes and mind. And you certainly have trained hands and eyes and mind, if you do calligraphy and stitchery! :)

-nodnod- True, true.  

• And thanks for finding for me. XD

• Well, since Gregori is giving me a hard time in getting his version of "Sexy Beast" out, I played with a figment that hasn't been out in a long time-Stryker. Being the owner of Mass Illusion, the old church's main level is not only "Hell" but the place where all of the shows (Bands, Fetish shows, ect.) are played out.  So, this is going to be titled "Stage Presence" when it's finished.  This is the two layers of raw renders; Stryker and the mic.  I'll post the finished product when it's...well...finished. ;)
    stage presence before postwork.jpg
    1500 x 900 - 253K
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Hey, Grim. He looks like Manson met Gaga.
  • Heh.  Thanks!  This is the finished product- just done.  Corrections, matt painting, lighting, tweaking, ect.
    Stage Presence.jpg
    1500 x 900 - 1M
  • Holy crap, Dar, that's fabulous!

• Remember Matt, my guy with the cyberarm, and his baby son? Well, this is his son as a young man and waterpolo player (though I haven't found a cap for him yet.) Actually rendered this  life-size He is probably 175cm tall.
    bRANDONwATERpOLOhEADsHOT.jpg
    659 x 862 - 243K
  • Cyber eyes? Striking coloring, there.
  • Nope, we'll maybe, still working on the concept. Those eyes came from a set I got from RDNA, I think. It was some met people thing.
  • I got Vue 9 Frontier with a 3D Artist mag, and just yesterday managed to get it to connect to Cornicopia3D to have it register.  Of course, the content is minimal, and I don't have the plug in to import other files (including purchased Vue objects/models from Rendo)- but I got to piddle with it anyway.  It's small, it's my first piddle, and here it is.image
    sea scape.JPG
    529 x 298 - 16K
  • Better than I can do with it! Quite lovely.
  • That is very lovely. I like the way the sun behind the clouds came out.
  • Mm. Sunsets. Vue does delicious sunsets! Very nice fiddling ya got there.
  • Thank you!  Now I just need to read through the manual again to export/make larger sized pieces to post.  *chuckle* I was so blasted excited that my computer would WORK with it that I neglected to do that until after it rendered. 
  • LOL at being excited!
  • LOL
    Looking forward to more image by you, GRIMM. :)
  • I want Vue. But if I get Vue, I'll be stuck at the keyboard and no one will ever be able to make me do anything else.

That's assuming that my computer can handle it. Doubtful.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • GRIM said:

I got Vue 9 Frontier with a 3D Artist mag, and just yesterday managed to get it to connect to Cornicopia3D to have it register.  Of course, the content is minimal, and I don't have the plug in to import other files (including purchased Vue objects/models from Rendo)- but I got to piddle with it anyway.  It's small, it's my first piddle, and here it is.image

Cool. =)
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • Thanks!  I appreciate that.
  • Working on an M4 creation- the new version of a Terminator. image
    Terminator Test.jpg
    1470 x 1500 - 442K
  • Looking good. :)
  • Very nice.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Sweeeet.
  • Tweaking on his face still.  Had to change the max parameters on the slope of his nose and corners of his mouth so far- I want him close to the original, enough to remind one of Arnold but not BE Arnold.  That is one ugly sob. XD

imageimage

t head 1.jpg
    1470 x 1399 - 166K
    t head 2.jpg
    1470 x 1500 - 177K
  • Hmm...he's got a long way to go before he gets to ugly.  ;)  Scowling, certainly.
  • Sanka, doll!  I wanted the "I will eat you" look that Arnold had during the Terminator movies, but not BE Arnold.  I have one last test of him, I think the morphs are where I want them to be.image
    t head 3.jpg
    1470 x 1500 - 158K
  • Actually, JoeQuick's M4 morphs would be good for this--in very small doses.
  • I'd like to use them, but this was a request for a freebie package at DSA for their Halloween sets- so can't use'em.  Thank you dollface!  Oh, and I'm getting a new TOWER!  If I could, I'd squee.
  • Oooooooo! Great news!
  • Congrats on the new 'puter!
  • Thank the powers that be.  XD  Thank you both, too!  I'm swinging between three:

A Gateway, 8MG, 1TB HD- Intenl 2nd Gen i5 Core, 3.0GHz w/turbo boost to 3.5 processor, 64 bit with an Intel HD Graphics card.

A HP 8GB, 1TB HD- AMD Vision A6 APU, 2.6 GHz, 64 Bit with an AMD Radeon HD 6530D graphics card.

or Asus 6GB, 1TB HD, Intel 2nd Gen i5Core, 3.0 GHZ w/turbo to 3.2, 64 bit with an Intel HD 2000 Graphics card.

I think I'm leaning toward the HP for the Radeon, but the processor speend and i5 on the Gateway keeps me swinging back to it.  *Chuckle*  

• HP is going out of the PC business, so watch that. Get a 64-bit machine if you possibly can!

Otherwise, YAYifications! Excellent news!
  • First they said they were, then they said they weren't, now they're saying they are? Will somebody pleas make up their freaking minds?
  • terre, you expect businessmen to be consistant? maybe last century... my guess is they are waiting for the latest poll on social media to tell them if they got relect, err, support to continue as a company or not before they decide. ;) i'm only slightly joking here...

grim, congrats on all those numbers in your post that i cannot translate but i'm sure they mean something good.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Good points there ladyfur.
  • I ended up with the Gateway- and SO damn happy with it I could giggle.

I did a test render of a lighting system that I couldn't use on the old PC with that M4 I've been working on- and what once was a six hour (yes, 6) test render is now a minute and a half.

Giddy I be.  Giddy I say.

• Great! Giddy for a good reason, I think. :)
  • I am inclined to believe so.  :)  
  • Piddling with an idea- yes, it's V4.  Just seeing if it'd look right- the eye makeup is about finished, need to work on the face and lips, and I finished the "contacts" and eye textures.  imageimage
    1.png
    703 x 700 - 498K
    2.png
    703 x 700 - 429K
  • My first thought was cyber eyes. Looks interesting so far.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!