3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Works in Progress
  • LOL That...is priceless. You've really, really done well with that naughty elf, dollface. He's so damn ...nommable.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • He can peek over my computer anyday :)
  • Computer is acting up and laptop isn't far behind, so just a preview. once my problems are sorted will do a bigger, high res version of this...
    Triptych.jpg
    833 x 530 - 342K
  • Been working on a composition of Lord Ganesh.  This is definitely one of those long, many-day compositions.  >.<

Getting clothing onto F4 can be a bit of a challenge at times.  He was not all that well supported, which is a shame, as his morphs, combined with other M4 and H4 based morphs blend to create very authentic and aesthetically pleasing shapes that offer so much more than is needed by the average male pinup artist.

Despite this, I'm getting kinda happy with how this one is going and think I might actually eventually be able to finish it.
    LordGanesh.jpg
    630 x 881 - 471K
  • n/m
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • n/m
  • It depends on the artist and what aspect of the god they are trying to portray, Nan.

Like most Hindu dieties, there is no single representation.  Each image attempts to evoke a different aspect of the diety.

Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • Just...wow. I like it either way- Wayii, I can't wait to see how this finalizes!
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Very nice! Such lush textures and details.
  • And also serene and mysterious.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • :O

Good luck with that, Wayii! What an interesting subject matter. No matter how it turns out I know it'll be cool. :3
    ladyfur: 'in your easter bonnet, with mandrakes all upon it, you'll be the faeriest fella in the easter parade...'
  • Latest progress.

He's going to take a while, even before the postwork begins.

LordGanesh.jpg
    630 x 881 - 481K
  • Looking fabby!
  • Ditto what LT said, Wayii! The lotus in hand and jewelry really 'waken' the whole render up. Whenever I look at Indian art it's almost always brightly colored and filled with symbolism, this is headed in the right direction. \o/

Oh, I just got Jepe's Enzo and I'm playing with the SSS...MAAAAAAAAN it's so sweet. I'll see if I can stop fondling the keys long enough to post something. Now I'm searching for some kind of a SSS skin resource for men...if there is such a thing. Runtime DNA has one called Ciro which has a pretty basic looking skin so I'm interested in buying it and seeing how I can mod it. I'm still figuring out what it is let alone how it works. 
    ladyfur: 'in your easter bonnet, with mandrakes all upon it, you'll be the faeriest fella in the easter parade...'
  • That's lovely. The headgear and bangles really help it along.
  • Oh wow, this is such a creative picture, I am blown away... cannot wait to see it finished! What inspired you to make this?
  • I'll join the chorus of people who are glad the Wayii was inspired to do this. *waits impatiently for the next installment*

• Mavrosh said:

What inspired you to make this?

I needed to stretch myself and I needed something positive to focus on to get me past the misery of this year's exaggerated pollen counts so that I don't fall into an ugly, unproductive slump of self pity this year.

Lord Ganesh seemed the ideal subject for a lot of reasons.  Composing around such a figure is challenging.  There just is no acceptable pre-made figure to use -- everything must be cobbled together in ways they were not intended for -- everything from the figure of Ganesh himself to every adornment that has to be fit to him.  To put it together in such a way that it is harmonious and graceful, fitting the frame I set without overwhelming it kind of sets my head moving in directions that will be more useful in a year like this one.

It's particularly appropriate, as from what I understand, Lord Ganesh is looked to as a problem solver and lover of learning. 
  • Much tweaking.  His head seemed too heavy so I did some adjusting and reigned in the size of his tusks.  I hated how the initial set of armbands looked, so I swapped them out.  Lots and lots of scene adjusting.

I'm ready to give up on finding a necklace of flowers.  Can't find one anywhere.

Just the same, I'm thinking I'm almost where I need to be to begin postwork.
    LordGanesh.jpg
    630 x 881 - 496K
  • Wow, this is extremely impressive, Wayii. I'm so glad we all get to watch how this comes out. I agree with the tusks/head proportions, this new version is easier to the eye and not so unbalanced. Can't wait to see more!
  • Wayii said:

Mavrosh said:

What inspired you to make this?

I needed to stretch myself and I needed something positive to focus on to get me past the misery of this year's exaggerated pollen counts so that I don't fall into an ugly, unproductive slump of self pity this year.

Lord Ganesh seemed the ideal subject for a lot of reasons.  Composing around such a figure is challenging.  There just is no acceptable pre-made figure to use -- everything must be cobbled together in ways they were not intended for -- everything from the figure of Ganesh himself to every adornment that has to be fit to him.  To put it together in such a way that it is harmonious and graceful, fitting the frame I set without overwhelming it kind of sets my head moving in directions that will be more useful in a year like this one.

It's particularly appropriate, as from what I understand, Lord Ganesh is looked to as a problem solver and lover of learning. 

Thank you for explaining! I cannot wait to see it finished. :)
  • Me too. :)
  • Wayii said:

Been working on a composition of Lord Ganesh.  This is definitely one of those long, many-day compositions.  >.<

Getting clothing onto F4 can be a bit of a challenge at times.  He was not all that well supported, which is a shame, as his morphs, combined with other M4 and H4 based morphs blend to create very authentic and aesthetically pleasing shapes that offer so much more than is needed by the average male pinup artist.

Despite this, I'm getting kinda happy with how this one is going and think I might actually eventually be able to finish it.

ooh, i like elephant head :) he is pretty :)
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Wayii, you are kicking ass and taking names! Love this so much. Those curtains keep making me want to run my fingers along them. :)
  • Love love love the Ganesh.
  • Ganesh is looking really great. I'm guessing that you didn't use that really weird Four Arms for Genesis, since your 4 arms look much more 'natural' .
  • Her system can't even handle D/S3, much less 4. SO, nope, she's doing it the old fashioned way. :)
  • Yeah, Daz punted me out of their revenue stream by insisting on releasing bloated beastware that squishes older systems under their ponderous code.

Besides which, the old way just looks better.  Funny how that works, innit?
  • *tries to imagine what a bloated beastware would look like if rendered*

• Slow, but sure.  So much postwork to do still.
    WIPLordGanesh.jpg
    849 x 1200 - 461K
  • And s much detail. I just noticed the meecie. :)
  • Beautiful. I'm going to want desktop wall paper of this one.
  • @Wayii:  If you're still wanting a flower necklace, let me know and I'll make one.
  • Oh my god, Wayii, that is just really terrific.  I definitely like the gold jewelry much better on him - seems to brighten the whole image and keep things in the style of Indian art, imo.    I second the request for desktop wallpaper here.  Awesome work!
  • Awwwww, I just noticed the little mouse there.... Awwwww..... 
  • Xaa said:

@Wayii:  If you're still wanting a flower necklace, let me know and I'll make one.

A flower necklace would still be a boon.  I'm not particularly looking forward to painting one.  >.<
    Nanobot said:

Beautiful. I'm going to want desktop wall paper of this one.

DAGrant said:

I second the request for desktop wallpaper here.

I'll be sure to save a large version for folks that want desktop fodder.
  • :o!

It's looking so -good-. All the details..I love it!
  • Wayii said:

Xaa said:

@Wayii:  If you're still wanting a flower necklace, let me know and I'll make one.

A flower necklace would still be a boon.  I'm not particularly looking forward to painting one.

Okay. I'll crank out a EP-chain of Skylab's flowers, you can then lay two of them from his shoulders to meet on his chest.
  • Hrm...  A 48-link chain of Skylab's flower is a model about half a gig.  That will need to be a little smaller to be useful.

Just a little. ;-)
  • Okay, done.  Check your PM's on this forum for the link.

Hey, who says insomnia can't be productive? ;-)
  • Yay thank you!

LordGanesh2.jpg
    849 x 1200 - 478K
  • Looks fab.  Right anklet is pokin' thru the foot, tho.
  • Xaa said:

Looks fab.  Right anklet is pokin' thru the foot, tho.

Just when I thought I'd found all the pokies.  >.<
  • Left hand is not actually sitting on his leg, either, if that counts as something to notice?
  • Lighting Fail 101.

Working on something in Poser and....apparently those pillows are VERY flammable 

O_O OMFGIT'SAFIRE!

LOL. I know what I did wrong here, but it's still funny. 
    FIRE.png
    601 x 719 - 658K
  • You set your set on fire! in 3d! That takes talent. :D
  • LOL
    Neat effect you might want to duplicate in the future. :)
  • Now watch, when I actually want to set something on fire it won't work. XD
  • Now watch, when I actually want to set something on fire it won't work. XD

ROFL! Save that light setting, quick!  I know, it's always that way. I have to postwork all my fire, and just settle for a point light to put the light part into the scene.
  • I did! And ditto. When I want fire I use a light then post work the rest.

Side note:  I just got a tablet and your hair tutorial- finally- makes sense. I watched it a few months ago and it was like you were speaking a different language B|. Super helpful, they are. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!