3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Welcome to the (Concrete) Jungle
  • O.O TOTALLY OT... *Eeeeee!* <---that's my inner geek's head imploding. <br />
    http://translogic.aolautos.com/2012/01/16/translogic-87-electric-delorean-dmc-ev/?icid=maing-grid7|myaol|dl21|sec1_lnk1&pLid=129068

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • How about some chokers/necklaces? http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/finishing-touches-jewelry-volume-1/91192
    Not what I would wear personally, but rather nice looking anyway.
  • Terre said:

How about some chokers/necklaces? http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/finishing-touches-jewelry-volume-1/91192

Nifty! You know those flourishes would catch every hair on your head and pull them. LOL
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Nanobot said:

Terre said:

How about some chokers/necklaces? http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/finishing-touches-jewelry-volume-1/91192

Nifty! You know those flourishes would catch every hair on your head and pull them. LOL

Damn sure would. I prefer my hair long. LOL
  • Oooh, new people! And Jack is here! Yay! 
    Hi, all, :)

Those necklaces are quite lovely. My favorite is the heart choker. 

How goes it?
  • Welcome Jack! 
  • Nanobot said:

Terre said:

Yes, they would.  I've had a few rather less flourishy pieces that I did away with because they literally snatched hair out of my head.  They also ruin lace, netting and loose knits.
  • What's jewelry? *ducks*

(yes, in spite of all appearances, Surochek is female, aversion to jewelry notwithstanding)
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • GRIM said:

O.O TOTALLY OT... *Eeeeee!* <---that's my inner geek's head imploding.

http://translogic.aolautos.com/2012/01/16/translogic-87-electric-delorean-dmc-ev/?icid=maing-grid7|myaol|dl21|sec1_lnk1&pLid=129068

Squuuueeeeeeeeeee.................

I always wanted a DeLorean. An electric one made with even stronger more modern materials that can go 0-60mph in 4 seconds....YAYIFICATIONS!
  • Woooot! Welcome Jack! =)
  • Hey!

Don't mind me if I'm a bit lurky for a bit.. I just need a bit of time get used to the feel of the place.. :)
  • Ozzfest said:

Hey!

Don't mind me if I'm a bit lurky for a bit.. I just need a bit of time get used to the feel of the place.. :)

We all do. Just to let you know, Jack (and other newcomers), if you don't get notifications, add the respective threads to your favourites (just tick the wee star) and you'll get update notifications.

• Raetjor said:

Ozzfest said:

Hey!

We all do. Just to let you know, Jack (and other newcomers), if you don't get notifications, add the respective threads to your favourites (just tick the wee star) and you'll get update notifications.

Thanks for the heads up ;)
  • Ozzfest said:

Hey!

Not to worry. There are some who post a lot and others that are just getting started or only drop in once and a while. You'll find your footing, I'm sure. :)

Just happy that you decided to join in the fun!
  • The lamps in this set look pretty good to me.
    http://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/itemdetails/?item=13857
  • Ozzfest said:

Hey!

Not to worry. There are some who post a lot and others that are just getting started or only drop in once and a while. You'll find your footing, I'm sure. :)

Just happy that you decided to join in the fun!

Quoted for agreement.
  • Happy Monday, all. Let me see...

*brushes dust off of forum*

Time for the DAY SHIFT! 

What y'all doing?
  • Cooking lunch.
  • Nanobot said:

Happy Monday, all. Let me see...

*brushes dust off of forum*

Time for the DAY SHIFT! 

What y'all doing?

Pondering the enigma of George Lucas while resting between laundry and bathrooms.  >.<  I fail to understand that fucker.  Entirely.
  • Just made miso soup, will boil some chicken next and then head out to skyrim while the laptop renders away...
  • I have been between trying to stave off losing almost thirty grand of product to attempting to find almost five grand of returns. Beeeeeeeeeeseeeeeeeeeee... *.*
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Is boiling chicken required before skwyrming?  image

And...George Lucas. There is NO answer.

Regarding saving $30K of ...*head asplodes*
  • I has a lovely weather-related sinus headache today, myself. And am thinking about website strategies and information organization (for work). And hoping that that orange I just ate will hold me until I get home!

Arrgh. What else??
  • Nanobot said:

I has a lovely weather-related sinus headache today, myself. And am thinking about website strategies and information organization (for work). And hoping that that orange I just ate will hold me until I get home!

Arrgh. What else??

Weather related sinus stuff: Bleargh. We had a wind storm yesterday. Brown haze which reduced visibility and made my nose, throat, sinuses, and eyes rather unhappy. I hope Fenric and his family don't have problems with dust. From what I was told several years ago by a customer when we have a storm like that the finest of the dust particles will get carried all of the way to DFW. She said it takes about three days.
  • It's raining so hard up here where I am I can hear the roof protesting. O.o I'm just wanting to get home before the car floats away. .....and it could. Last time the canal rose so much it took the entire parking lot under.

Along with the highway between it and us.
  • Ouch! Good luck.
  • Weather is very nice. But I am in need of food. *off to scavenge*
    Suspiro ergo sum.

• Drops by in the vampire hours.

See's $30K of product.

*head also asplodes*
  • That's more than a third of the price of my house!
  • $30K of *what* is what I want to know, but should not ask. >.>
  • Hmm...yes, it's best left unsaid. :D I did manage to fix the issue, thankfully. Some days it simply doesn't pay to be fumble fingers when typing.
  • I know! An entire box car full of Mac'n'cheese!
  • Nanobot said:

I know! An entire box car full of Mac'n'cheese!

...........o.O * DIES!* Don't forget the bacon! Mmm.. bacon... *twitch!* I want bacon and mac'n'cheese now. ~.~
  • I said it was a box car, not dinner car. ;)  Bacon+mac+cheese = the poor man's fettucine carbonara.  Which I used to LOVE.
  • pasta carbonara. Yummm. Another thing not to eat, but oh, so tasty. I used to make it, too.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • surochek said:

pasta carbonara. Yummm. Another thing not to eat, but oh, so tasty. I used to make it, too.

Yeah, deadly with the carbs and fats--but OH MY. Breakfast pasta!
  • Hey, I don't see tons of Italians die chocking on their carbonara, so it can't be that bad as long as you don't have it with stodgy fries, that is.
  • *sigh* unless there comes a diagnosis of type II diabetes between the last time you make it and the next time you talk about it.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Interesting. If someone has Zbrush they might find this useful sometimes. http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=182028&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
  • {{hugs Suro}} Jim still misses stuff he can't eat anymore too. However, keeping his blood sugar at normal levels just with diet isn't something he's going to give up.
  • Kudos to Jim. Yep, you have to make choices. I don't have diabetes in the least, but getting older, one has to make these decisions.

I do eat a little bit of treat every day, just for sanity, but overall, I eat quite modestly from what I did 15 years ago--even still being (mostly) vegetarian (but not vegan).

Discovering nearly zero-carb cheese sticks (string cheese?) was a great boon.

Green salad tonight, if I get around to it...

I'm still round. But my blood pressure is very normal, and most of the lifestyle-driven issues are not there. Thank goodness.
  • I have moments when my entire head feels like it's going to explode-literally.  More often than not, though, I don't have bp problems.  Thankfully.  Back during high school my bp was so low when I'd go to stand I'd get the white dots and blackening around my eyesight.  Turns out my bp was 89 over 52.  I tried to give blood-they told me I couldn't.  "Do you ever get angry?"  Me: Stare.  "You don't know me, do you?"

Eh, the past decade it's evened out, but I have days when it's so high I've landed in the hospital.  Just once though.  *Grin*  For the most part, I'm fairly healthy if falling apart at the joints.

OT again- this looked interesting at Dragoncom.

• I hope anyone who has stuff on Artzone they wanted to save has done so. Apparently it goes "poof" sometime tomorrow morning.
  • Got my stuff.  However, I think they said everything should be moved to the new site.  Or I could be hallucinating.  One never knows.
  • Terre said:

{{hugs Suro}} Jim still misses stuff he can't eat anymore too. However, keeping his blood sugar at normal levels just with diet isn't something he's going to give up.

Nope. It's an achievement worth bragging about. Here in San Antonio the automatic question is "What do you take?" Me: nothing. Them: *boggle*

Me: fuzzy feeling.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • That's it. I fail at cake decorating. Woe is me.

I can bake them, I can make the frosting, but don't ask me to put them both together in a pretty way. Epic. Fail.

*wah*

• Ack! That'll teach me to read the thread before posting... sorry, guys! Wasn't my intention to talk about sweets after the conversation that's going on, :-p Silly Natalie.

Soooooorry.....
  • How about decorating virtual cake for our figments? There. Back on track.

And we don't discriminate against complaints on the basis of non-ailments.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Heh, thanks, :) I'll make my boys bake a cake soon. Or at least attempt to without burning down one of their houses.

Funny thing about cakes and cupcakes... I can decorate with fondant, but not regular frosting... And they say fondant is harder! To me it's easier... such is life I guess.
  • LOL
    It's OK, AP.
    We're not offended that easily. A bit wistful, perhaps.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!