3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Welcome to the (Concrete) Jungle
  • happy next year, suro. we have about an hour left.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Happy New Year. :)
  • Oldest daughter is home from her trip to London. Percy (our dog) is overjoyed. We're now all ready for Russian Christmas.

Oh wait, I still have to cook, don't I?
    :O
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Always a complication isn't there? So.... Yay!!!!! & {{hugs}}

Meanwhile it's white out there. Not too deep though.
  • Good morning. :)
  • Presents have been opened and oohed and ahhed over properly. Food was eaten and enjoyed (and the cook received deserved praise), and Wednesday classes start again.

Barely time to enjoy the said presents. Oh well, a long weekend is ahead.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • :D Glad to hear.
  • sounds like you had fun, suro. good for you. :)
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • on 12th night. first time mausi has stayed still enough in months. those are 12 inch square tiles on the floor. she can sit completely within one even as round as she is now.
    mausi162017d.jpg
    1150 x 773 - 679K
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • "Are we done yet? I gave you enough of my time"
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Cute kitty. :)
  • Good evening. :)
  • Okaaaayyyyy, I'm used to weather predictions of rain being a guess that doesn't always work out if they say 50% or so but this time we had a 90% chance for a quarter inch of rain. So what do we have? Mist. Other than that the ground is dry.
  • thanks, terre. gotta love noaa's weather predicting. i think noah would be more accurate and he's been gone for a while. it's cold and dry here. 40 percent of the state is past the 6 year drought. but i want more rain! highest electric bill ever and that is on a fixed income rate. it's a cold biting, bone chilling, yucky winter wanting far more water.

i hope you get better weather as well.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • good morning.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
    Filled out the hiring paperwork for the new company yesterday.
  • Oh hey, good evening! I thought the lights were out, but I had just locked myself out (got logged off and didn't notice it).
    Suspiro ergo sum.

Logged out by the system is what often happens to me.
  • Boy do I have a long list of stuff to discuss with the new manager. A lot has to do with my duties and others are general store things. The most recent addition to the former list is learning that the weekly sale will now be Sunday-Saturday instead of the Wednesday-Tuesday that I'm used to. This means that the sale, the new smart buys (the warehouse TPRs Temporary Price Changes) and the price changes are all on the same day. I'm hoping that the way they handle this is the sale comes first, then the price changes then the TPRs get hung over the next day or two depending on how many there are. (They will already be scanning at the registers.) The current boss has always required the the new TPRs ALL be hung on Sunday even if it's the Super Smart Buy batch which is well over 1000 tags usually. To accomplish that I've had to have other people helping hang them and that causes some problems.
  • terre, good morning. eeek. i hope it all gets sorted soon. best of luck with it. hugs.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • On my way to bed... Tomorrow I"m back to the 1930s and approaching WWII... as it pertains to cinema in Russia. And in my other course, it's all language all the time.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • have fun in old europe, suro.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur

Last day under the current owners. Tomorrow is a new business.
  • good morning, terre. how is old boss' father? is the new business going to be good? i wish you the best. oh, and the email system seems to be sending multiples, i'm sorry. no clue why.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • The hospital has a cutting edge idea with some immune based stuff that they want to try with him.

New business looks to be much more reasonable for me. Some people will be upset as some rules will be more strict than they are used to but everything I saw in the employees handbook simply looked like what I'd want to be doing if I owned a business and wanted my people to dress and behave professionally.

Email doing multiples isn't a problem. No idea what causes it.
  • Girls don't have to wear ties and my loose collar isn't a problem so my worries over the dress code and my neck were needless. :)
  • good morning. ties? terre, who makes women wear ties? that sounds like parochial school and itchy scratchy wool. i hope it's a great job. and i hope old boss' father recovers completely.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • The company that just sold the store made women wear ties. The job is going well.
    No word on the former boss' dad yet. They have an idea they were thinking of trying that was something with the immune system.
  • Truck days are now Mon, Wed, and Fri. For the time being arrival will be 7am. As a result I go in at 7 this morning instead of 5. The only day I still need to be there at 5 is Sunday. I GET TO SLEEP IN!!!!
    Hopefully we can get back to 5am as 7 is when we open but I don't know what will actually happen in the long run.
  • Just planted some seeds for indoor sprouting. Now I need to find/clear a space to keep the mini-greenhouse.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • terre, that sounds good. did they change the store's name as well as its hours?

suro, those are fun to do. we keep meaning to start some seeds but keep thinking it's not warm enough yet. we have those little large tall cup sized sprouters.

it might rain soon. i hope. mausi woke me up today by tapping me on the shoulder with a paw, just like a toddler would do.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur

Long day sat work last week and it will be the same this week. Eventually we'll get past this stage and I'll have a "normal" schedule of some sort.
  • good afternoon.

i hope all goes well for you, terre. we are slowly thawing here.
    i did send another card yesterday to several friends, you included.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • The yearly Superbowl ritual (with food, drink, TV watching, and snarky commentary) is over.

Imagine TV watching by an academic family who, for once, didn't have a single bowl of chips of any kind (dietary restrictions), but still managed to have yummy snacks, a sports fan dad, a European-born wife who cooks and comments, but really doesn't care for football, two Communication major daughters who always comment on TV (content and commentaries), including one who is taking a course in Sports Media (!!!)...

It was an intellectual, low-carb Superbowl. With quality drinks.
    Suspiro ergo sum.

@LF: very nice card. Thanks.

@Suro: Sound like you had fun.
  • We had fun. But why, oh why, does the Superbowl have to be on a Sunday? And if it's such a big American institution, why can't we have Superbowl Monday off?

Seriously.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Good afternoon. :)
  • Good afternoon. :)
  • glad you liked it. terre.

happy valentine's day, all. here is an old render shadow made back on i think bryce 5.
    valday2007signed.jpg
    498 x 463 - 55K
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Good job on his part. :) Thanks.

I hope your day went well. Mine did. :D
  • @ladyfur: ooh, that's pretty, old or not!!
    Suspiro ergo sum.

Just finished a 60.4 hour week at work. Today was 14 hours by itself.
  • thanks, terre and suro. :)

terre, that's awful! did you agree to that many hours? ouch.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!