3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Welcome to the (Concrete) Jungle
  • Good morning. :)
  • hi, terre. i'm sorry, i misplaced the link here and i couldn't get back until now. :( i need to read your posts...
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Terre said:

with how things are in the news this year i don't doubt those jokes were real occurrences. crazy. poor state.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • ok, i caught up now. glad you have overtime. i agree on the bat signal. and i'm really glad your old boss' father is getting better.

is nanobot ever coming back here?
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Now and then she will. Suro too.They just are both very busy.
    Good to see you. :)
  • good morning. i am not online as often these days. i tire too easily. i'll try to get here more often. good to see you too, terre.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Please get enough rest.
    Things are going fine here. New management at work is working out quite well and things are settling down to where I'm putting in more reasonable hours.
  • Happy Independence Day!
  • Good afternoon. :)
  • hi, terre. i'm catching up on sleep finally. my hair is starting to separate from my skull and look less like a helmet after 3 months. i may have as much hair as the cat by now. it's a start. i shocked the neighbor. she'd only seen me with a hat or sweatshirt hood since april so she didn't even know my hair was gone. i forgot and answered the door with my head uncovered...

it has been the coldest spring and summer i've ever seen here. that may be keeping fires down. it's just odd to wear sweats in summer...

i'm glad your job is going well.

i ordered a new mouse, a tiny one. maybe i can get back to art soon. the verdict is tba after it arrives next week.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Hi. ;)
    Glad to hear things are improving. I hope you can get back to art.
  • GOod morning. :)
  • Good news on former boss' dad. A lot of the tumors have dissolved. I hope the other patients in the various clinical trials that MS Anderson is running with immunotherapy are doing well also. No way to know at this point.
  • hi, terre. very happy about the boss' father. i was hoping he'd get better.

the mouse was defective doa and amazon even argued with me over the refund. i'm not risking another one. :(

right now the fridge is acting up and we can't report it until tuesday. last time a fridge failed we had just moved in and lost everything because landlady took 4 days to replace it.
    this time we don't even have any ice. i swept behind it and tried to clean the coils. hoping that fixes it. sigh.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • btw, terre, hope you got the e-card the other day. i missed 4th of july and sent friends a cute summer card instead.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Yes, I did. Thank you. :)

• I keep hoping things will improve for you guys, {{{hugs}}}
  • My oddity for today: The closest ocean port to us is Houston Texas, Over 500 miles to the
    south east. So what do I get as customer phoning a question about late
    this morning?
    A fish counter. The kind where you walk up and pick out your fish and they package it up for you.
  • terre, that is too funny. i was raised in san franciso. in the 80's i was visiting my ex in richmond, virginia. he thought maybe we could reconcile, didn't happen. anyway, i'll never forget calling a grocery store that was walking distance for his apartment to ask if they had lox at their fish counter. 'may-yum, i reckon you need to call yur-self a hard-wary store. they sells all sortsa' locks there.' i had to explain it was fish...
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • posted too quickly. the fridge in our apartment decided to stop defrosting on sunday. we tried reporting it monday only to find out landlady's 86 year old husband died. her family, including handyman son in law, are out of town. we can't even report until thursday. so we were forced to order a mini fridge, mini freezer from wal-barf with free shipping so we can save any of our food since a full sized fridge costs more than our rent. fedex got delayed by the fires, maybe in another 12 to 15 hours...

so we are madly scrambling to keep a soup simmering on the stove with leftovers getting tossed in as the level goes down. the pork hocks were first and now it's chicken wings. don't want to see our electric bill next month.

last time a fridge died here it took ll over a week to replace it with a working used one and we lost everything even with a bag of ice handyman had brought us while we waited. this time we have no ice. shadow wasn't willing to wait. our grocery money went to buying something to save what we have now. you can't buy cold food without a way to keep it cold. what a fun month.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Ouch. ((hugs))

• Me (late this morning) talking to our floral manager. "I see you've got some organic fly killer in."

Kind of ugly things too. Pitcher Plants to be specific.
  • hi, terre. sorry i haven't been here. we bought a mini fridge and mini freezer after we lost a lot of our food. then landlady replaced the big dead fridge with an old used obsolete model of amana that sort of works. shadow went grocery shopping... then, after it had been half full for a while it began to make noises sounding as if it was in its death throes. freezer section had gone to 38 degrees and fridge to 53. we reported it on sunday. handyman came on monday, saw that it did get power, left, and then returned to say we were told it is up to us to solve any more problems we might have with it ourselves! this is how tenants of 17 years get treated. :( they know we can't afford to move, especially with a cat. it stinks. losing her husband did not make her a nicer person and her daughter isn't friendly.

so, we dusted it and moved it and it's working now as long as you don't put much food into it. yeah, i know... luckily the little ones work.

i'd be out of here in a heartbeat if i could but this is all we can afford.

my hair has grown out to the pixie faerie stage and no longer makes me cringe after over 5 months. my ears are still frozen. the weather is warming now but i'm cold all the time even in longjohns, and once again i got a bad spider bite. i swear we just have the greatest luck. at least we do have food and i can eat some.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Did you rent the place unfurnished? If not that bit about the freezer might be illegal.
  • I just had a thought. A lot of people are managing to get help through Go Fund Me accounts. GFM seems to take about 7% for the fee for providing the website and server.
  • Computer upgrade at work will happen the night of Sept 25th. :D
  • People just several hundred miles SE of here have WAY to much water while we lost water yesterday afternoon. Neither my hubby nor me can find an after hours number to call. Hopefully someone called the police and they got hold of someone. The store is only a half mile from my home so it may not have water wither depending on where the problem is.
  • Water back on. :)

The story I've heard was that a minor repair
    was being done and as they were finishing that things exploded. That explains why we had half pressure for several hours and then none at all.
  • hi, terre. haven't been online as much. we are below the top fire in the country. it is at 118k acres now, and there have red flag weather warnings since last week. the eclipse here was painful. shadow slept through it, i watched the wall, and the cat has fussed for over a week.

it's unfurnished. they are supposed to provide a stove and fridge and hot water. as long as the fridge gets power they are covered. luckily the baby freezer we bought is working great. nothing lost from it.

your upgrade will be the day before my birthday.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • I hope the fire doesn't get any closer. Those things can be very difficult to get under control when they get big. We've gotten lucky here and not had any fires big enough for me to notice them much less for the volunteer fire depts from the small town close by to need to send their tanker trucks to fill up at an outlet on the front of the store that exists partly for that purpose.

Poor kitty. I hope she gets better soon.

I'm looking forward to the upgrade. This will be the third time I've had to learn a new program for this job and am curious about what the new one will be able to do.

{{hugs}}
  • hi, terre. the fire is at 8 percent contained by now, the smoke has been incredible. it grew to over 182k acres. i've been worried about friends through 2 hurricanes.

hope all is going well there. hugs.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Going well here. I hope the fire has moved away from you by now.
    As far as I know the people I know that were in the path of the hurricanes came though OK. My brother and sister in law lost power and so had to go stay with her parents but that's not too bad considering.
  • hi, terre. no, not moved, but it is 43 percent contained, which is a miracle. it is 188k acres now, or 189, i forget, expected to be contained by mid october.

glad your relatives are safe. my online friends survived, even one on one of the fla. islands! they lost fences and that sort of thing but not their house nor pets.

now there are new storms approaching. i feel the worst for barbuda. it was all but wiped off the map. don't know a thing about it but i feel bad for its people.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Hi, Sorry it took so long for me to poke back in.

I hope the fire situation is better. We've got rain for the second time today and are expected to have moderate to high chances of rain through Friday.

I feel really sorry for the people who got or will get clobbered by the storms.
  • Anyone ever seen a computer change-out without a bunch of hiccups? No? Neither have I.
    Biggest one was that the new program for me wasn't even downloaded yet. This turned out to be a good thing as it allowed a bad hiccup to be fixed simply by having AFI tell us which folder on my old computer needed to be copied to a flash drive and from their to my new computer and then a guy at TruNo get the communication protocols hooked back up and that took a LOT less time than having to try to fix would have with the new program. The problem was that they had copied the database last week so the sale that started on Sunday and other work I'd done this week was missing. Fortunately Terre ALWAYS did the daily database backup so only a few things actually got totally lost.
    Tomorrow I get to start learning the new program.
    They are having fun getting the new registers doing everything correctly at this time. Fortunately moist of the customers have been quite patient and understanding.
  • Having a fun/irritating time learning the new program so what happens? The printer in the office decides to start jamming and can barely print out normal jobs, forget the label jobs I need to do. Hopefully a tech will be by this morning to replace it.

• oh, terre, i hope you get help with that today!

here is the first bit of art i've made this year. an online friend in the uk is in a wheelchair and ill. she visits a 14 year old pig on a farm. today is the last time she gets to see the pig for the winter because of the cold weather and muddy cobbles that get caught under her chair. i made her this painting in mspaint and she loves it. i thought i'd share it here.
    jennylovesmolly.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 149K
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • ps, the bmp was clearer but bmps don't upload on forums.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • That was a very thoughtful of you. :D i'm glad she enjoyed. it. Thanks for posting it, you do cute work,

Yes, the printer is working properly now. It actually had a couple of problems.
  • I saw an unexpected visitor in the store yesterday over by the ice cream freezers. A young frog hardly bigger than a quarter. It was so tired and hungry that it couldn't jump more than about an inch and so was easily caught by the frozen stocker and taken out front.
  • Trip to Clovis.
     Needed to get a gift card as a wedding present for Jim's sister. His mom suggested Target but there's no Target in Clovis that I know of and there's no way I'm going to bother seeing if there's one In Lubbock. 200+ mile round trip into a big city that I'm only vaguely familiar with a couple small parts of ? Not happening.
     There is a Sears in the North Plains Mall in Clovis though so I headed there.
     A little way into town there was a guy who was being paid to stand at a major intersection holding a sign saying "Sears store closing. Everything must be sold". Figured I'd take a glance around while I was there to see if there might be anything useful. Saw a rack with dvd movies and decided to take a look. 34 Sherlock Holmes movies? Worth looking at. The bolded names on the back were Ron Howard (meh, I know he did do Holmes but haven't seen his work), Basil Rathbone (OK, worth paying 8 bucks for his work even if Watson was incorrectly portrayed as something of a fool in his movies), and Christopher Lee (I don't remember whether or not I've seen his Holmes work or not). Finally get to the checkout stand and they had to send off their gift cards to a store that is staying open. Not what i expected but understandable. Pay for the dvd and figure I'll check Dillards as they are also found quite widely. Got a gift card there.
     At least now I won't be surprised the next time we actually need ot go to the mall and Sears isn't there.
  • I wish there were more people like this in the world.

In fact I wish I'd gotten the number of the school bus so I could call in a commendation for the driver.

I was sitting at the intersection by the store wondering why the bus in front of me was just sitting there when it was a 4 way stop and vehicles were turning in front of it. Finally the bus pulled across the intersection and I saw what was happening. A local man most people call Tiny was crossing the street (it's three lanes wide there) and when you are recovering from a stroke and have one good arm and leg and one only partially usable arm and leg and have to walk with a cane that takes a lot of time. The bus driver had been waiting for him to cross and got tired of vehicles turning in front of Tiny and pulled forward to block traffic. After getting to the other side of the intersection the bus stopped and it's alert lights came on and stop sign popped out. The bus sat there until Tiny was safely out of the street.
  • hi, terre. i've been busy during the fires. that is wonderful about the bus. driver should be commended, hope you can do that. that is great about your movie finds. glad you liked the painting. she sent me a photo of the pig and it does look like how i painted it, well, not as lavender, lol. that was the first time in my life i had drawn a pig.

glad you rescued the frog. :)

i hope you got the last e-card. i sent it during the fires. we are very far from them but we got the smoke. it was so bad shadow had to throw away amazon packaging from an order we'd made that got stalled in the fire zone last week because i couldn't breathe with how toxic it was. i have forgotten what sky looks like. my old hs bf lives down in santa rosa and i've been getting email updates daily. he didn't lose his house but his co worker lost her husband. the fires have been unreal, nothing like them in our lifetimes.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!