3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Welcome to the (Concrete) Jungle
  • Good morning. :)
  • Good afternoon. :)
  • hi, terre. it sure is quiet here. is anyone still dropping by anymore?
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • *skulks in*  lurking  *skulks out*
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • I do and sometimes others as well. :)
  • hi, suro, hi, terre. sorry i'm not around much. i have an active concussion and an awful lot of bad luck right now. i hope everyone is well.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Sorry to hear that. Please take care of yourself.
  • Good morning.:)
  • 'been taking care of course schedules and making sure my students don't waste their time in my classes.

Trying to make Russian angst fun. Who else if not me?

And of course all of the usual stuff. And kids. And dog. And life.

I think I need one more drink tonight, don't you?
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • I think I'll get one tonight. ;)
    All is going well here.
  • Good evening.
    Car back from the shop. Turns out that the battery had expired even though it was still in warranty and the sound that has been bothering me recently was due to a recent problem having strained a bearing in the power steering. They say it's still working fine and may continue to do so for a number of years. I'm going to keep an ear on that and see what happens.
  • good luck, terre. i didn't have my birthday last month because i had e-coli instead. hasn't been a fun time. realized i hadn't checked here in ages. hope others are well and not near the hurricane.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • only art i've made this year. my mother's bd card, aug. 31. she loved it. her 16 year old cat had just died and she insists this looks like the ghost cat's spirit. no, her cat was not pink and blue.

anyway, made on win7, using mspaint the xp version of it, not the win7 version.

anyone is free to print it if they like. :)
    happybirthdayaugust2016.big.jpg
    1280 x 991 - 336K
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • That is cute. :)
  • ladyfur said:

good luck, terre. i didn't have my birthday last month because i had e-coli instead. hasn't been a fun time. realized i hadn't checked here in ages. hope others are well and not near the hurricane.

I hope things are getting better for you guys. How is the kitten?
  • mausi will be a year old on halloween. she's doing great.

after 6 months of waiting... we finally all have hot water heaters! and torn up apartments they have to patch up soon.
    yards of red piping, holes in three rooms, giant chunk taken out of the bathroom wall... 50 gallons of hot water we don't have to share with the other apartments!

poor mausi had to be in a borrowed carrier for hours two different days with one more when they do the patching, maybe tomorrow. she was very good.

our place looks like a rubics cube of amazon warehouse boxes from prime pantry, bags, piles of stuff stacked like a house of cards with a barrel full of monkeys teetering on top.

slowly it will get to be organized and turn into an apartment after being partly like this during the 6 month plumber wait.

the plumber is a great guy. he stayed and did electric yesterday just so we'd all have hot water. he doesn't do electric but the handymen, a misnomer, were too busy.

he also tarped and stapled, yes, stapled, plastic over the gaping hole in the bathroom, again, so we didn't have a rodent friendly opening for lord knows how long.

plumber got a bad redwood splinter. i offered tweezers but he said no, he had a pocket knife. turned out he has to go to urgent care, it's too deep, poor guy. :(  in spite of that he finished up today. all that's left is the patching of the holes, hopefully very soon, in all 6 units here.

turned out upstairs with the babies, the guy who yells and swears and his timid wife, had no heater and had been mooching off of us the entire time. i can't wait to see their reaction to next month's energy bill...

~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Sounds like things are going well over all. Good news. :)
  • Odd situation at work as far as holidays go. The boss didn't order any chocolates at all for Halloween and so far the only Christmas chocolates that we have gotten in are just Cherry Cordials and mint M&Ms. He also told the bakery manager to NOT prebook a lot of pies for Thanksgiving saying that he wanted to do something different.
    Halloween wasn't too bad. We just had a full grocery cart of kiddie mix stuff left over and still have half of that a week later. We shall see what comes of the next two holidays.
  • odd about the pies, terre. here is the second bit of art i have done this year. my mother's husband lost his old cat, spitfire. she wanted me to make a memorial for him. mspaint. took hours. hope somebody likes bright colors.
    firecat1.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 282K
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • That is nice. Good work, :)
  • thanks, terre. glad you like it. i was told by my mother that he loves it and is getting it printed. i was just glad to be able to paint on my comp. again. it's not happening often.

i wish people were posting here again.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • A few pop in now and then. I'm trying to think of a way to get them to do so more often.  and actually say something.
  • terre, that would be nice. i'd been posting on amazon but it became a cesspool. so other that a few barely used boards i'm kind of floundering for where to chat now.

has anyone seen nanobot?
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • I see Nan quite often. She's pretty busy but I'm going to remind her about here. :)

Work news here. The store has been sold and will become a Farmer's Country Market on January 27th. :D
  • Sorry I forgot to check sooner. I'm going to get back in the habit of looking every day,
  • Hey ho. Checking in...jeez, has it been that long? I'm embarrassed. :(

I spent the summer buckled down, trying to get both my second book done and the third's first draft accomplished. The third's first draft is done! Now I'm hustling to try to get Book 2, Sorrows' Knights, out by NEXT WEEK OH MY GAWD is it Christmas already??? Sheesh!

I also proved to myself that obsessively reading news about the election and my favored candidate for President did not help her win. :(  My Clinton-Kaine buttons are now collectibles. *heavy sigh*  My Gawd, that election was a train wreck. This upcoming administration looks to be no better.
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Good morning.
    Still looking forward to the change in ownership at work next month.
    Sad news from there to though. The Big Boss' dad (co-founder of the business) has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. He left a note on the time clock asking those who share his belief in prayer being able to accomplish anything to pray for his dad for a complete healing.
  • Hello there! Christmas break is around and so is lounging at the computer with no guilt! Just as soon as I'm done grading 50 exams and 50 papers. The most I ever had for one semester...

Back to reading responses... Actually, the students haven't done too badly so far.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • I hope that went well. :)
  • Still going, but reasonably well. Called it a night. I have two days to finish the papers -- at least the exams are all done!
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Half way there is good. :)
  • Single digit is what was forecast for last night. 7F to be specific. And, yes, it is single digit out there right now. Single NEGATIVE digit. -1F. High is supposed to be 31 and manage to get up to 59 on Tuesday. We'll see.
  • It's even cold in South Texas! We have the heat running and thick sweats on. And it was 80F yesterday.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • hi, all! good to see some posts! thank you for collecting people back here, terre. will you still have your job? i will pray for your boss' father. miracles do happen.

nanobot, glad you're back. :) i won't even read the news since november 8. i just went into shock and i'm staying there.

suro, good to see you. :)

which thread should i use to post the christmas card i spent weeks on in mspaint and finally finished?

more art should get posted on here again soon!
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • We have one called Seasonals which is for that type of thing so they don;t get buried in posts.

I'll be keeping my job. Initially everyone will. Then we see who works out for the new owners. We have a few people who I think will need to change their behavior.

The boss went to visit his dad yesterday. I'm glad he went instead of staying at the store, he works 6 to 7 days a week and needs to take family time. Especially now.
  • thanks, terre. done. it's posted there. i'm very glad you get to keep your job. praying for your boss' father.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • You're welcome. :)
  • I managed to fine the right kind of sympathy card for the family this morning. It took about 10 minutes of poking around and then I finally noticed one card had a header tab saying it was appropriate for the situation. Got it and signed it and left it with the opening checker so she could have other people sign it.
  • *great big sigh*

Done with the semester.

Spent the day crafting and loafing around.

More of the same for tomorrow.

If I don't show up, it's because I'm napping. Cold outside, warm under layers of covers, and the puppy joins me for a cuddle. How can I resist?
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • That would be hard to resist, yes. :)
  • Happy New Year!
    Suspiro ergo sum.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!