3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Horror and Science Fiction
  • Nifty! I love seeing these figures used well.  And aquarium full of dagonnae? *giggle*
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Hello again! I would like to share a few works of my cybernetic dark elf. I am loving him, I don´t know, he has been in my head for such a long time and finally I could squeeze him out of there onto my monitor...

Meet Lupenior Vyronor, called "Loop".

Loop-Portrait.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 481K
    RedNights.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 407K
  • Nice work, Mavrosh. He is awesome, particularly those "studs" on his chest.
  • And two more of him. :)

• Raetjor said:

Nice work, Mavrosh. He is awesome, particularly those "studs" on his chest.

Thank you! :) I am having so much fun with him at the moment, I cannot stop working with him. :)

Does my second post whow all two pictures that I linked? All the sudden, I cannot see the second one any more.
  • I can only see the first.
  • Very weird but thank you!

At the moment I cannot link any pictures here. I might try again later or simply tomorrow. There is no hurry. :)

• Nanobot said:

Nifty! I love seeing these figures used well.  And aquarium full of dagonnae? *giggle*

:D

They're really neat.  And they don't bog down the scene at all, so lots of them are fine.

@ Mavrosh

Very neat new guy you have there.
  • Wayii said:

@ Mavrosh

Very neat new guy you have there.

Thank you!

I wanna give my link another try now...

• That one worked. :)
  • He is very cool and unique looking.
  • Thank you! :)
  • Here is another one of this guy. A lot of postwork.... A lot.

• Love he new guy, Mav. Did you pose all those tiny wires? That would have driven me insane!
  • Are his cybernetic arms rubberised? They look it!
  • Thank you Raet! Actually, only the big fat thing, the red one and two medium ones have been posed. The tiny ones have all been photoshopped into the picture.... I have no idea if this was less work, hahaha... ;) And yup, his limbs have kind of that structure. I did not want the surface to be metallic but rather like some sci-fi material, like an armor maybe but also I imagine it feels warm in a way... :)
  • Ah, the big fat one I have sitting in my runtime, too. It's a Stonemason freebie I think.
  • Raetjor said:

Ah, the big fat one I have sitting in my runtime, too. It's a Stonemason freebie I think.

Yup, such as the other 3D tube is... and the weird thingy in the background, just with my own holo textures. :)
  • Not as good as Mav's snakey guys, but I'm pretty happy with this.
    serpentking2_by_elynda-d6izpdy.jpg
    1556 x 2142 - 599K
  • Not bad :)  Not bad at all.
  • Elynda said:

Not as good as Mav's snakey guys, but I'm pretty happy with this.

Oh but this is wonderful! I like especially how the texture on the snake part look like... very realistic! I really like this one!
  • Omg that snake tail took me forever to get right.  He looks pretty good considering "he" is a combo v4/she-freak  :D  Wanted to use that particular Sabby texture.
  • Elynda said:

Omg that snake tail took me forever to get right.  He looks pretty good considering "he" is a combo v4/she-freak  :D  Wanted to use that particular Sabby texture.

hahaha yeah, this tail was made for v4, right? Well, he looks definately like a he! :)
  • Poser 10, V4, Dynamic dress for Antonia, Tomalin's Ward and bits and pieces of others of that set with Mst's MKO for V4.

It's amazing what you run into when you go urban exploring in places that you shouldn't.

Halls of the Asylum 2.jpg
    956 x 1200 - 392K
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Eerie!  Love the little slash of light.
  • Yup, that little bright stripe there does magic! Great job!
  • Thank you!  Maybe it's the only thing stopping her from getting closer. ;)
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Oh then I know where I will stay!
  • Boo!image
    TheChapelDemoness.jpg
    1000 x 562 - 120K
  • Now where is that rosary that nun gave me when I was a teen......
  • But, morning did come, eventually, the dawn light revealing what was left of the once-proud city of San Francisco.  A lone figure strode out from the smoking ruin, her steady gait showing she was not one of the enemies, but a survivor.  As would be discovered over the next month, the only one.  She pushed past the line of National Guardsmen without a word.  To the gathering vultures of the Press, all she would say was "Goddamn zombies."

Clicky for LOTS larger.
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • OK, that's one tough lady.
  • I wouldn't want to antagonize her.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Awesomesauce, Jim! Love it.
  • I want to be on HER team come the zombie apocalypse.
  • Wayii said:

I want to be on HER team come the zombie apocalypse.

Ditto.
  • Oh yeah, no kidding.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Really like that one, Jim!  And I concur with Nan and Wayii- she needs to be on our team when the Z's hit.  XD

Love the pose on yours, Elynda- very well done.

and, pardon my spamming, but I thought I'd catch up the Baptiste story if peeps don't mind.  

• The next afternoon after the few errands Baptiste needed to finished finally were, he set about heading to a very different quarter of the City than was his norm. It was older. Almost refined if you could look past the decay and sheer age of some of the buildings in this quadrant. All of the aging beauty of the structures and statues that were left were ignored as Baptiste made his way down certain streets, hidden alleyways and to a well tucked away building that happened to be his primary target.

He hadn't even topped the steps to the large double front doors when one swung open. The slightly surprised expression on Lucius' face probably matched the one Baptiste wore-before the slant of a smirk took over and changed the expression to something that hinted at predatory.

"Headin' out?" Lucius gave him a slight squint and a nod as he took a lean against the still closed door to his side.

"Yes. Have something to attend to. You didn't Com, I wasn't expecting you." Lucius' tone was almost guarded, the intel beyond vague. That wasn't anything abnormal when the two came across each other's paths in a public setting.

"Well." Baptiste arched a brow as Lucius took that pose against the door. "Thought you might have some time.. Pick up a bottle. Maybe have a little fun."

Lucius' expression hardened...maybe it was just the way his eyes darkened? Baptiste wasn't given too much time to contemplate either when Lucius stood straight and took a few steps closer to the edge of the steps that led into the hall behind him. "No."

The challenge was almost too much to pass up.

Baptiste took one slow step up to near Lucius' position and was brought to a halt by an index fingertip shoved just under his collarbone below the Cell Skin shirt he wore. He glanced down to the finger jabbed into his torso before eyes angled back up to Lucius. "It's just a little fun. Tell me you haven't thought about it." He put a little of that challenge, the temptation, into those two sentences.

It wasn't enough. "I am not your f*cking toy, Baptiste. I will never be one. The answer was, is and will be 'no'. You want that, find it at the Pit." Lucius' voice spoke volumes more than the upfront and straight edged answer-

Baptiste wasn't going to get his rocks off here.

He said nothing as he stepped aside to let Lucius pass and head down the stairs to the cobblestone street that almost gave up the ghost of being a street at all. He stayed silent while the door swung shut behind him- the mechanism automatically closing and locking it behind Lucius' departure on the designated time. It wasn't until Lucius turned a corner and was out of sight when Baptiste gave a disgusted sigh, turned, and prowled away in the other direction.

Maybe he will go to the pit.

Maybe Lucius one day will take the challenge.

Too many maybe's for one damn day.image
    not_your_toy.jpg
    750 x 1500 - 945K
  • It had been disappointing, trolling the seven levels of Torrence. Once part of the 'new and improved' living structure base, it had in the last decade or so fallen well beyond seedy- something that had on more than one occasion proved beneficial to Baptiste in these sort of moods.

Today, however, had not ended in a lucrative manner. Neither for his wallet or other baser pursuits.

He had harbored some small micron of hope for the last building on the seventh level, situated right before the loading bays, but once Baptiste rounded the corner that took him from the lift to the deck told him that micron of hope had been wasted. Even as he walked past the litter, trash barrels and the whore on the second level above him he eyed the well armed Patrol on the stoop of the section that used to house one of the more fruitful 'trade' spots in Torrence.

Evidently it had been sterilized. Beyond the alcove the papers that covered the door screamed legalities of how, why, and who closed the establishment down. He kept the cursing in his head as he nodded and passed by the Patrol to the beaten up dispenser that the bot had been fiddling with while Baptiste made his way along the deck.

As the crates were moved into the loading dock behind him, Baptiste fiddled with the newly "fixed" machine- It was best to be inconspicuous when the Patrol was concerned, he was simply wanting a Carb. Even if the damn dispenser still didn't work. He shoved the machine, cursed, and headed back the way he came just as any normal, disgruntled person would do.

Perhaps it was time to hit more familiar ground. Com with a familiar person. Maybe he'd get a break and a bit of luck.image
    trolling.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 444K
  • In the distant future...

"No deal."

"Why not? The skin bags won't miss them, if they have the brains to figure out they're missing to begin with."

"No. Take them to the market. You'll have your Daric there."

"I do not like them. They smell." The larger of the two waved a hand aside with a snarl.

"That is not my concern. Perhaps you can teach them to bathe? Either way, I will not barter this." Anari lifted a hand to dismiss Siek, even as the news cast behind him carried on in regards to the "skin bag's" riots going on currently in Mid-Town.

Siek snarled again and walked off, the weight of the larger alien even had Anari's chair vibrate in his wake. The sigh was quiet as he turned his head to briefly watch the screen behind him.

It was too risky in dealing with black market goods; too many hands, too much risk and not enough reward. The humans tended to lean toward violence should deals go wrong and Anari was one that wasn't up to shedding blood over a few circuits and motherboards.

Note: Daric is actually gold coins from ancient Persia, but it sounded good. I may keep it for the progression of the story.image
    Conversation2.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 405K
  • Anari finally rented a suitable room at the hostel, shed the armor and stepped into the cleaning unit when the buzzer went off at the entry door. The sigh that escaped him was quiet while the doors circled around him to open up to the small interior of the room.

"Hey, Pastie. Lemme in. Why the hell didn't you call me when you landed, you snarky bastid?"

The voice he recognized behind the entry door had him sigh louder. Yes, Anari debated.

Open the door or pretend he wasn't there?

"C'mon, damnit. I watched you go inside, I know you're in there."

So ends the debate. He will find a towel and open the blasted door.image
    Anari Interrupted Cropped.jpg
    800 x 674 - 275K
  • The meeting at the docking deck had not been forgotten, Baptiste simply heard someone was in town and that someone needed to be taken care of first. When Anari opened the hostel room door and stepped back into the rented room, Baptiste smirked while closing the door behind him.

"Now you choose modesty? Tsk." He copped a squat on the piss ass seat (the only seat) in the room and arched a brow toward the alien runner. "You didn't call. I'm disappointed."

Anari ignored the blithe commentary and returned the arch of a brow back to the human. "I was not aware that was a prerequisite to my arrival. What do you want?"

So impatient. "Siek. I've heard rumors through the grapevine that bastard was on the ground. Is this true?" The teasing look on Baptiste's face was now wiped clean. It was all business.

"Yes. It is." Anari's eyes squinted at the male in suspicion. "You do know he is peddling off some wares." It wasn't a question, at all.

"Of course I do, it's the only reason he "suffers" this planet. Do you know where he went?" Baptiste's tone was cool. Even keeled. Which only aroused Anari's suspicions further. "I assume the market. I did not want what he was trying to get rid of."

Anari did not give a clue as to what the other alien had his grips on- if the male wanted to know, he could go hunt down the larger Siek and ask for himself. "If you do not mind, I would like to get some rest. It was, after all, a very long trip." He did not want to know why Baptiste wanted Siek for. Plausible deniability was crucial when dealing with this human.

"Fine, fine-I'll spare your modesty for hell's sake." Baptiste smirked once more as he stood. Anari was given a head to toe look over before the smirk widened into a wicked, half-slanted grin. "I already know what you've got hiding anyways."

Before Baptiste opened the door, a Com card was put onto the seat with a glance back toward Anari. "Call me if you see him again. He and I have words to exchange."

As the door slid closed behind the human Anari sighed and dropped his focus to the Com card on the seat. Not what he wanted or needed at all; sitting in the mid-point between those two and whatever argument that had gone on between them before was asking for bloodshed.

The blanket was thrown aside with a quiet snarl, the closet door rotated with a shushed sound to reveal the suit he had worn in the lobby.

It was a full two minutes of consideration and silence before the shushed sound of the closet door was heard again.

Fine. Anari will stay. He will Com if/when Siek shows himself again. Then?

He will go back home and stay out of the human's line of sight. Every time he finds himself in it, there's a damn bloodbath.image
    Quick Conference.jpg
    900 x 1000 - 460K
  • Meanwhile:

Even with a new name and life, the "relocation" still didn't set well with Khold. The jumper was cramped and two clicks away from falling apart. The crew seemed better suited to dumping bodies than transporting them. He hadn't even attempted to digest the crap they consider food yet, sticking instead to a meager liquid diet of whatever else he could find at the galley when the crew were busy elsewhere.

In short? This sucked beyond suckage.

Still. He was alive. That was something, at least.

Maybe.

Confined to the cramped sack by the Captain, Khold heard voices over at the ladder that led to the locker. He had no idea who the two men were or what they were actually saying, but someone wasn't happy by the sounds of it. He lay there, stock still, for a good five minutes trying to listen to their muted conversation before he decided enough was enough. With a stretch his hand snagged the handle to the glass door of his sack and closed it, effectively cutting off any sound of the ensuing argument before rolling onto his back with a sigh.

The book and file between he and the sack wall were given a glance before they were dismissed, instead flipping the switch to turn off the light and attempting to fall asleep. He had a good five days before he reached their destination and he can get off of this damn ship, and he wasn't about to stick his head into yet another noose to get himself killed before he could get there.

It was bad enough that he was in this situation to begin with.

Baptiste owed him. Big time. That redheaded bastard was going to pay for the mistake of leaving him alive.image
    Relocated.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 399K
  • Meanwhile part two:

While Anari was interrupted in the hostel, a certain connection waited; Baptiste had commissioned a purchase of a particular bike for a client a good two months prior, one bike that just so happened to be currently on the taxi pad of the skyterminal at the other end of mid-town.

Melie wasn't all that enthused over waiting, considering the nature of the beast he sat on. The pad attendants had taken note of the bike once he started unloading it- enough so that the thought of leaving it there to go look for the red-headed devil was put aside. The last thing Melie needed was the blasted thing stolen.

He was going to give Baptiste another five minutes, and Melie was going to call the man. There was business to take care of, and he needed a farkin' drink. Yesterday. How Melie hated travel.
    melie_waiting.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 353K
  • Interesting. =)
  • Story updates are always welcome. :)
  • That almost needs its own thread so folk can follow it more easily.
  • Thank you!

As for another thread, if no one else minded I can start one?
  • I think so, yes.  I can't see why not.

I think folks will appreciate being able to follow the story without having to dig and search for bits.  :)  I certainly would. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!