3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Welcome to the (Concrete) Jungle
  • surochek said:

Meh. Spring here sometimes means not-hot-enough for air conditioning, not cool-enough-for-heat, and !*@&#^ humid!! AND overcast. *grumblemumble*  That means TEA!

Mmm, tea!
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.

• surochek said:

Meh. Spring here sometimes means not-hot-enough for air conditioning, not cool-enough-for-heat, and !*@&#^ humid!! AND overcast. *grumblemumble*  That means TEA!

Well, I guess that's a bit better than here. For the next several weeks we'll be alternating between heater and ACs.
  • And it's was rather cool for March, here. After broiling to death last summer, I hope we catch a break. Touch wood.
  • Something new- titled Unity. Four different M4's using Elite textures and Atlas and finished in Photoshop.
    Unity.jpg
    1485 x 1925 - 413K
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • That is very cool! Love the design elements.
  • It looks like it took a good bit of time and is worth the effort. :)
  • Please note message about forum maintenance tonight, on top of posts.
  • Hm. The adults must be busy.

• Just got done with lunch. :)
  • Yard work. Elder feeding. Lunch. Sorta nap. Dog walking. Oh, and now I've been designated the beer-soda-and-dinner-getter.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Working the usual weekend job, but now during the week!  AND I finally have regular employment- so during the week I won't be on here at all.  It'll be a long day, but it'll be good to be back in the grind again.  .........Even if I managed to get so much artwork done in the process.  XD
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Sorry for having been silent. The shit hit the fan. Split up with my partner, moved out, no broadband, terribly lonely, no desire to make art right now.
    That was the cliff notes. If you want to know more send me a private message.
  • Sorry to hear that Raet. I've been in an art slump as of late too. It's been a long time since I've felt up to doing a piece.
  • @ Raet and LT:I hope things get better for both of you soon.
  • Thanks , LT and Terre
  • You're welcome.
  • Raetjor said:

Sorry for having been silent. The shit hit the fan. Split up with my partner, moved out, no broadband, terribly lonely, no desire to make art right now.

:(  Oh no. I'm so sorry this loss. *hugs*
  • Sorry to hear that Raet. I've been in an art slump as of late too. It's been a long time since I've felt up to doing a piece.

Art slump, but doing fun sports (a wee birdie told me). So I don't feel TOO sorry for you. *hug* *poke* *hug*
  • Hey ho. I'm coming up from zbrush tutorial hell to say hi!

Another friend is joining in--say hi to Minyassa when she gets in. :)  She's a bit of a shader wizard, she is.
  • Where's Miao? Haven't seen him in a bit... Hope Raet's getting on OK, too. Some big bumpy changes going on with lots of us!
  • Hey ho! Been up to my eyebrows in Zbrush... a_a
  • Hmmm.... Think I'll insert an eye-roll giggle from this morning.
    I was expecting the biggest DPI order (a specialty food company the main wholesaler my employer deals with has contracted with). So what happens? The driver of the truck it was supposed to arrive on left it at a store in Roswell which is 90 miles to the west. AFI (the wholesaler) had to have a truck which had deliveries in Carlsbad make a side trip heading home to Amarillo so he could pick up the stuff and get it to us. Hey, compared to what could go wrong, (and has) this was minor enough that I was laughing about it.
  • AFI has had more than its share of stupids. Really.
  • *flops on forum couch*

Good lord, that was a lot of errands. Preparing for the 2 months in the Netherlands is going, but yikes! No worries, I will check in every evening  (It's GMT, I think) unless something is going on.
  • Should be close to GMT anyway. You'll be roughly East of where Raet is.

This is amazing. I love it!
    Raetjor said:

Sorry for having been silent. The shit hit the fan. Split up with my partner, moved out, no broadband, terribly lonely, no desire to make art right now.

A little late, but sorry to hear that Raet. Am sending a big hug your way.

Nanobot said:

Good lord, that was a lot of errands. Preparing for the 2 months in the Netherlands is going, but yikes! No worries, I will check in every evening  (It's GMT, I think) unless something is going on.

Think Netherlands is on Central European Summer Time same as us, GMT +2. Have fun! :)
  • I just looked at my phone. Amsterdam is six hours ahead of me, at EDT, so they're GMT +1, yes?  Looks like you'll be hearing from me very early in the morning, then. ;)
  • Oh good. I suddenly had a vision of a Nanoless summer. Terrible gloom.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Six hours ahead of you and eight ahead of us at MDT. Got it.
  • Oh. Right. Clock math. That makes it 7 ahead of here.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • surochek said:

Oh good. I suddenly had a vision of a Nanoless summer. Terrible gloom.

Try to keep me away, will you? Hah. Won't work.

I suck at clock math. Have to look at the app. >.>
  • I can do +1 or -1. That I can do. More? Or GMT? I have Husband for that, or kids, or yes, apps.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • *Yawn* Sunday afternoon, now. Kay's father *finally* went back home, now that renovations are finished over there. It's so quiet here!
  • Home from work here. I now have a day and a half off!
  • Yay for time off! :)
  • Weather rant! It was in the 90s yesterday! Now winter is back. We're supposed to have a low of around 31F and a 30% chance for snow tonight.
  • Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee. That was yesterday and the night before, right?  Snow, now? O.o  Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
  • Tuesday was in the 90s. Wednesday was cold. High was around 55F.
    No snow happened. It did get below the projected low though. And the winds blew for more than 36 hours.
  • High winds here, too, but no snow. A good long hard rain, some hail. Full creeks, that was a sight -- about gone already. And today a high in the low 70s, that's like winter weather around here! We're all rather giddy.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Just popping in to say hello! I am at the end of week 2 of 8 of the International Butler Academy and up to my eyebrows in practical school. Wishing you a nice week (mostly drizzly and cool here in the Netherlands.

You can see our class on one of the bridges over the river Geul in Valkenburg: http://www.butlerschool.com/whats_new.htm

• That's a great shot!  XD  Drizzly, raining, and still cool over here, too- so East Coast and Netherlands ain't so different.  lol

Hope you're having a great time, even with the up to the eyebrows in practicality!  MISS YEW!
  • Yup. We all miss you.
  • And I wish I had more time to hang with you guyz. On the other hand, I'm having a blast. Yes, I know that Extreme Table Etiquette is not everyone's idea of a good time. On the other hand, I could feel my dearly departed grandmother nodding in approval. LOL  :D
  • You'll have to pass it on. Some of us are curious.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • The clouds decided to play marbles a while ago. Some were almost big enough for golf. I really hope that Amarillo and/or Lubbock don't get baseball sized stuff.
  • For those getting PP2014 I've seen one person so far who says that Roxie loads with her eyelashes selected. LOL

• Nanobot said:

Where's Miao? Haven't seen him in a bit... Hope Raet's getting on OK, too. Some big bumpy changes going on with lots of us!

Sorry - I was in a bit of a miserable state as well. Just - life stuff. Nothing interesting. Happens from time to time.

Hope Raetjor is okay. Stuff like that takes ages to get used to :(

Well,  I have some good news, check out number four on this list:

http://www.thecwa.co.uk/daggers/2013/debut.html
  • I am getting there folks, but thanks for worrying.
    This is the start of month three on my own and I am starting to enjoy it. For reasons unknown the local gay bears seem to think I am handsome, which is unprecedented, and much appreciated. Feels like I am experiencing what others do when they are in college. Quite exciting, actually. Of course there are also so days when life sucks, but on the whole I am quite chipper, so don't worry too much about me.

Love you guys, Raet
  • MiaoShou said:

Nanobot said:

Where's Miao? Haven't seen him in a bit... Hope Raet's getting on OK, too. Some big bumpy changes going on with lots of us!

Sorry - I was in a bit of a miserable state as well. Just - life stuff. Nothing interesting. Happens from time to time.

Hope Raetjor is okay. Stuff like that takes ages to get used to :(

Well,  I have some good news, check out number four on this list:

http://www.thecwa.co.uk/daggers/2013/debut.html

Life happening can be a real pain. Glad things are improving.
    Good luck. image

• Raetjor said:

I am getting there folks, but thanks for worrying.
    This is the start of month three on my own and I am starting to enjoy it. For reasons unknown the local gay bears seem to think I am handsome, which is unprecedented, and much appreciated. Feels like I am experiencing what others do when they are in college. Quite exciting, actually. Of course there are also so days when life sucks, but on the whole I am quite chipper, so don't worry too much about me.

Love you guys, Raet

Glad to hear things are improving.
    Please keep us informed. :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!