3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Welcome to the (Concrete) Jungle
  • You're shitting me. How can that even be legal?

Suddenly I'm feeling like being American isn't a bad thing after all. Sure, most of the world hates us (more than some legitimately) and sure, we've got a completely batshit government that hasn't been as representational as advertised for most of my lifetime... but at least we don't have a pack of assinine uberliberals coming to take away our homes if they're big enough to suit twice our official occupants.

Damn.
  • Raetjor said:

Thanks Ladyfur. Sadly the Tories are going through with the plans. There are lawsuits being filed already.

I hope that nonsense gets squashed. It sounds way too much like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_Room!_Make_Room! getting close to being reality to me.
  • Hi, Ladyfur. Glad to see you back. :) I hope you can poke in more often.
  • Ladyfur! I'm glad you're still with us.

I've been rather MIA, too. Got wrapped up in feverishly meshing and texturing.

I have a slew of things I'm going to submit to the Renderosity marketplace--hopefully sooner than later. :) I redid the M4 dynamic tee shirt and texture expansion. Have also made good progress on a dynamic bowling shirt and dress pants (well, not jeans, more like khakis) set.

Hrm. Let me post WIPs in the Making Stuff thread.
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • We have a new member! When MiaoShou pokes his head in, say hi! He comes to us from Renderosity. :D
  • Thanks very much :)

Lol! That makes me sound like a refugee. Hm. Well, maybe so. Hi everyone - I'm just reading all the stuff that went before. And making a picture to post :)
  • Oh hi!

Welcome to our quiet little artists' outpost.
  • Hello. :) Welcome to the forum.
  • Welcome! ...er... it's not an asylum? I thought that's where they took refugees...
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Hello and welcome, MiaoShou.

@ Suro:  Asylum?! Is that where they took me???

That would explain the padded walls and why my room is so small.

• Hmm... That may also explain why everything is soft and fuzzy.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • And why we have nice people in white coats looking after us!
  • I thought those were the people from the crime lab... am I still undetected, then?
  • Apparently so.
  • Sorry, I'm writing two stories with police in them at the same time and it tends to spill over a bit. Some of the characters are the same in each story - but there's about a year to 18 months between the two. I think it's making me a bit - odd.
  • The figments need to give you the night off now and then!

Who am I to talk? Mine never do.
  • Odd? Then you'll fit in perfectly here. :)
  • Terre said:

Odd? Then you'll fit in perfectly here. :)

That'd be a first. :)

Lol, Nano, sometimes I think I'm all figment and no substance. Does anyone else - method write? I find myself channeling my characters when I write about them. I wander around, well, being them, I suppose. In private. Mostly.

Although - it's quite handy if you have spam phone calls and you're a contract killer at the time :D
  • MiaoShou said:

Terre said:

Lol, Nano, sometimes I think I'm all figment and no substance. Does anyone else - method write? I find myself channeling my characters when I write about them. I wander around, well, being them, I suppose. In private. Mostly.

Although - it's quite handy if you have spam phone calls and you're a contract killer at the time :D

hmm, can't quite remember. Been ages since I last properly wrote anything. I don't think I do, but then I'm not sure how successfully I could inhabit, say a thirty something, female, IT professor looking for tenure.
  • I don't write with an accent, but I wonder how my figments would come through with an unidentifiable Russian/French mixture in English accent.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • My feeling is, they'd be exquisite lay alluring and exotic. Kinda like Gambit of the Xmen.
  • MiaoShou said:

Terre said:

No, mine talk to me. Like they're in the room. I am not psychotic--I know the difference--but it's vivid. Like running a movie in my head, only with smells, too. Occasionally I dream them, too--which is lovely. :)
  • Raetjor said:

My feeling is, they'd be exquisite lay alluring and exotic. Kinda like Gambit of the Xmen.

Oh my yes! *bounce*

• Thing is, I don't "hear" myself speak with an accent. In my mind my English is perfect. The mistakes you might see are typos, of course. *ego preening*

No, linguistically speaking, I'm not very modest. Not in writing.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • I don't hear my German accent anymore neither, though I'm sure it is still lurking beneath the surface despite ten years among Glaswegians.
    I still find it hard to pronounce Viking not whyking, for instance and scrap metal often comes out as screp matal.
  • LOL

I know what you mean. When I'm really tired, my "th" sounds (hard and soft) devolve into "d" and "t". At least I don't "zee"-efy them.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • MiaoShou said:

Terre said:

Yup!  Though when one of your figments is a psychopathic killer with several serious mental quirks, it's a dangerous kinda thing to be doing.  Hihi!  I'm Dar.  XD
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Hi - I'm giddy. I just bought PP 2012 in the sale and am downloading it now!

This is after just getting an email from my best friend who says he got it when it was free but has never been able to load any content into it. WT - ? I had that problem with DS4.5 which is now languishing unused on the laptop but - Poser? Why would that be a problem? Granted he's not a contender for tech head of the year, but still. Is it very different? I have P7 here.

Well, I'm going out for a St Patrick's Day walk, seems a good day to look at something green. To the woods! With a baguette. Hopefully everything should have downloaded by the time I get back :)
  • MiaoShou said:

Hi - I'm giddy. I just bought PP 2012 in the sale and am downloading it now!

This is after just getting an email from my best friend who says he got it when it was free but has never been able to load any content into it. WT - ? I had that problem with DS4.5 which is now languishing unused on the laptop but - Poser? Why would that be a problem? Granted he's not a contender for tech head of the year, but still. Is it very different? I have P7 here.

Well, I'm going out for a St Patrick's Day walk, seems a good day to look at something green. To the woods! With a baguette. Hopefully everything should have downloaded by the time I get back :)

nope, the interface is still the same. The whistles and bells are in the SSS ability for renders. One thing my laptop had trouble with was the preview screen, but fiddling a little with the settings in poser sorted that issue pretty smart ish. Oh and it allows for weight mapped characters like the WM v4.
  • GRIM said:

MiaoShou said:

Terre said:

Yup!  Though when one of your figments is a psychopathic killer with several serious mental quirks, it's a dangerous kinda thing to be doing.  Hihi!  I'm Dar.  XD

Poop. I know you're an ol' softie.

But then...consider who's saying this...
  • Raetjor said:

MiaoShou said:

Hi - I'm giddy. I just bought PP 2012 in the sale and am downloading it now!

nope, the interface is still the same. The whistles and bells are in the SSS ability for renders. One thing my laptop had trouble with was the preview screen, but fiddling a little with the settings in poser sorted that issue pretty smart ish. Oh and it allows for weight mapped characters like the WM v4.

I've found it to be a LOT more stable than P7, and more tolerant of having other things running while it is. Of course, I have a 64-bit system now, so there's more memory to go around.

Still, it's a 3D application. They ALL crash now and then.
  • Raetjor said:

MiaoShou said:

Thanks. Yeah, I'm looking forward to the SSS. New toys! :)

I wouldn't feel it was Poser if it didn't crash occasionally. I treat my P7 with total disrespect and have all kinds of things running along with it. I restart the machine on a regular basis though to cope with it all. Poser creaks and groans a bit but it puts up with me until I ask it to do about the fifth render, then it turns off completely.
  • Nanobot said:

GRIM said:

MiaoShou said:

Terre said:

Poop. I know you're an ol' softie.

But then...consider who's saying this...

O.o  You're gonna ruin my reputaaaaaaaaaation!  XD  I just got up from an all day (but for an hour or so) dead sleep... so not feeling well.  Urgh.  I need...............something.  
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • {{hugs}}
    I hope you get better soon. There's some nasty flus going around.
  • I dunno what it is, but I was up this morning at quarter to seven, went to bed after posting the comment this morning around nine?  Slept until 11:30, got up to take meds, went back to bed and was out until 7:30 tonight.  It's nearly 3:30 a.m. now, and I'm finally able to go back to bed.  Thanks Terre!  *Hugs!* Much appreciated!
  • Poor Dar. Get well soon.
  • Thanks, Raet!  I'mma tryin'.  Feel better today, at least.  Go me!
  • Having a sinus-headachy crappy day myself--the weather is wonky in the Mid-Atlantic states at the moment. *hugs*
  • Popping in to say Hi, :-h wave to new people, and send get well wishes to those feeling under the weather
  • Hi Dyla!
  • Hi Dynla. :)

Sinus problems myself. We're having another dirt storm. It's spring, that means winds and blowing debris.
  • Snowing here in north UK. Settled on the ground and still falling.
  • We're on the "High Plains" near the New Mexico-Texas border. This time of year is bad winds and sudden, steep temp changes. The imported plants like the apricot tree across the street think that because it's warm right now it's time to wake up and bloom. It's not. We WILL get at least one more freeze in the next two to four weeks and maybe more. The little Desert Bird pf Paradise in our front yard won't start budding until close to mid April. It come from a mountain region in Argentina with a climate very similar to ours. I think it uses length of day rather than air temp to determine when to bud.
  • Snowdrops are up here and hellebores, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them sucked back, cartoon-like, into the ground. We have the same problems with peach trees and the like, so people sometimes put them in pots with wheels so they can come indoors if it's very cold. I guess they have a lot of spare space in their houses, not all full of books and PCs and such :D
  • Crocuses are out in my yard, and the daffodils have halted just before blooming--sort of stop-motion. There's a prediction of snow for tonight--very unusual for late March in this part of the world. But so far? Just some chilly drizzle.

My foot (that barometer at the end of my leg) does not say snow. My sinuses are quibbling over the matter, as they're more sensitive to minute pressure shift.  Like, oy! Enough!
  • We've had snow flurries every day for the last week.  My crocuses are up but not open yet.  Leaves of tulips and daffodils are peaking up slowly.   Good sign though...the frozen pond has thawed. 
  • Hi everyone...

i cant see snow and darkness anymore..i neeeeed sun.

But today we have a bit snow again in North Germany.

Snowy easter..ohoh

• {{hugs}}
    We usually have enough warm weather to fool the apricot trees into blooming and then have a freeze about or on Easter.
  • Meh. Spring here sometimes means not-hot-enough for air conditioning, not cool-enough-for-heat, and !*@&#^ humid!! AND overcast. *grumblemumble*  That means TEA!
    Suspiro ergo sum.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!