3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Horror and Science Fiction
  • I really, really love it.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Jaw droppingly gorgeous. Great composition, powerful poses and lighting that rocks. :)
  • Agree with what everyone else has said. It has a serenity about it, but also a sense of something about to happen/change. The lord taking a moment with his thoughts before getting back to possibly less pleasant business.
  • "Hi! Bye! Gotta fly!"
    "Not with me, you @#^%&!!!!! Put me down or I swear I will end you!"
    Daren decided that day that since he had no work to do (hey, when no one is sick, injured or dying, a doctor doesn't have much to do and that's good!) no one else was going to work, and that started with Preston.

*Please forgive the crappy background... this was more for the poses. Saw it sketched in dArt and wanted to try to recreate it, and these two became my victims.*

Yoink!.jpg
    2050 x 1640 - 354K
  • The poses and expressions are fab, AP! They really capture the moment.
  • LOL
    I second Raet's comments. Good job.
  • That is fantastic lighting, Jim!  AP- great group of wommins there, deadly looking set. ;)

Eh, just finished this- Mistress of Suffering, the second in the set after Master of Swords.
    Mistress of Suffering.jpg
    1500 x 2250 - 403K
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • That shade of red is so *rich*! I love it! Good stuff, Grim dear.
  • Eep!
    And very well done. Who's the third part?
  • Thank you! As for the next-not sure. Have a few ideas, but needed this done.. she was rendered in May. ;)
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Terre said:

Eep!
    And very well done. Who's the third part?

To answer your question, dahlink...Mistress of War  (Sorry, I don't know how to re-size!)
    Mistress of War sn.jpg
    1500 x 2250 - 441K
  • And the next one- Master of Painimage
    Master of Pain sm.jpg
    1500 x 2250 - 449K
  • Wow and eep! Respectively. Good work, GRIM.
  • I am so liking this series. It's very nicely thought out!
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Me too. And the vibrant palette plays very well with darker tinged ideas! Rather intriguing that it doesn't thwart any of the creepy/eeriness of the material. Good job!
  • I'm honored, thank you!

Honestly- this series came by as a fluke.  I was testing lights for Master of Swords with just the figure, and thought..."Hm.  Needs armor."  *Slapon*, then "Hm.  Weapon...not just posing for good looks here."  *Slapon*, then "Christ, he looks like he's grabbing his crotch..." *Pose*, and when it rendered.............I did the background piece in a separate pass and put them together into Photoshop and wanted to finish it.  

*Chuckle* Like Nan has always said, some of my best work came about piddling and part of a series.  *Squeezes'mboth!*  Good morning!

• *Squeezlesback* Accident or not. it's pretty cool!

And...my word, we're rendering women! What's happened to us?? 
  • Really love this tarot inspired series, Grim. They are excellent.
  • At least my wommins aren't the finger in their mouths just shy of being illegal?  XD  I like the kick-*ss, beat you down looks personally.  Michelle Rodriguez may be my next attempt.  Woman's got that look I like. 

And thank you Raet!  I greatly appreciate that!

• GRIM said:

At least my wommins aren't the finger in their mouths just shy of being illegal?  XD  I like the kick-*ss, beat you down looks personally.  Michelle Rodriguez may be my next attempt.  Woman's got that look I like. 

And thank you Raet!  I greatly appreciate that!

Michelle Rodriguez! *heartflutter*
  • *Grin*  I am actually rendering Milla at the moment for a Halloween thingamabob.  When I get Michelle done, I'll make sure to post her for flutterings.  *Squeeze*
  • a Resident Evil inspired theme here.image
    Resident Evil.jpg
    1500 x 1150 - 389K
  • Me likes. :)
  • Photo manip- stock by Gillfeesh.image
    Eye to the soul sm.jpg
    712 x 1072 - 449K
  • Cool. :)
  • Baptiste. A runner, gunner, all around "procurer of delicate goods" sorta guy. If you need it, he can find it. If you have the credits, he can find it and bring it back. If you try to rip him off, you get that smirk right before he hands you your left eye.

Behind smiling eyes is a deadly mind that has a sense of humor as wicked as they come. He comes across as easy going until he needs to be otherwise.

Baptiste Portrait sm.jpg
    700 x 1500 - 265K
  • There's a drop to do, and time to waste. What's a guy gotta do to get paid? Give him ten more minutes, and he'll get paid either way. There's always a line when it comes to "Delicates" and the market place. Even longer on the black market. The bot behind him clicked and whirred its protest to waiting while it hovered, almost but not quite pissing him off out of sheer irritation.

Not that anyone would see it on his face, of course.

Tick, tock. Time's a'wastin'.

Baptiste Waiting sm.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 353K
  • "Well, boy-o, looks like that deal's a no go."

The amused murmur of words were given to the body that had dropped a few feet away from the crouched position Baptiste had taken over the mess on the floor. The 'tsk' sound was quiet as his hands motioned outwards, "you shouldn't have tried it."

The slow stand out of the crouch came with a sigh. What a mess. The sounds of blood splattering came with the swing of the meat hook in his right hand, slightly disgusted at the work that's going to be required to clean this up. "It's a damn good thing I got other buyers, y'wanker."

The alcove wasn't exactly well hidden, considering the building across the street had a clear view of the sixth floor level he currently was on- at least it was after hours. The lights in the windows didn't worry him, he knew the offices were empty. Everyone's gotta put on a show to save face and hopefully avert burglaries.

Looks like it was time to hit the "other" market to check in on his other connections. It's a damn good thing robotics weren't hard to piece out and get rid of.

Whoops Baptiste sm.jpg
    1300 x 1164 - 399K
  • Ah, story time. :)
    Nice work on the renders and thank you for including the story that goes with them. Good art always makes me wonder what's going on overall.
  • Thank you, Terre!

I may or may not have more, depending.  XD  Will have to set up the other main character in the story in Studio for morphing first.  

• Here's a new one from Mitch and Matt's universe.
    HotelRaidColourWeb.jpg
    1848 x 1386 - 731K
  • Upstairs in the coffin hotel. Chronologically this one should come before the previous one.
    HotelAbductionCopy.jpg
    1369 x 736 - 690K
  • Same pic, different filters.
    HotelAbduction copy.jpg
    986 x 530 - 297K
  • Cool. Like the strong sense of lighting.
  • Cool. Like the strong sense of lighting.

thanks, LT. I've been playing with a mix of IDL and normal lights. I changed the regular lights from "constant" to "inverse square" which calculates a more realistic light which is brightest close to the emitter and then loses strength the further away it shines. Drastically increases the render times, but totally worth it. Oh, word of warning: if you try this turn down the intensity of the lights to about 10%-20%, otherwise Poser overexposed things something rotten.
  • A taste of what I've been working on for M4- Armor.image
    Armor 2.jpg
    1960 x 2000 - 443K
  • That looks interesting.
  • Thank you!  Here's another with him.  Just finished it today for another forum for a banner.

Bannersm.jpg
    3000 x 2000 - 325K
  • Very nicely done. It looks like a movie poster to me. :)
  • What Terre said.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Just FYI- Dreamslayerartworks.com is having a Sci-Fi contest called Invasion 2013; to join in you just join the forum and place an entry.  The prizes, so far, have been outstanding- including Poser Pro 2014 and Reality 3 for Poser to name a few.

Contest:

http://www.dreamslayerartworks.com/vB3/showthread.php?8377-Invasion-2013....-Masters-of-Science-Fiction-Past-Present-and-Future

Prize List:

http://www.dreamslayerartworks.com/vB3/showthread.php?8405-INVASION-2013-Day-By-Day-Sponsors-Prize-Announcements

Pst- one of those prizes will be Armor for M4 that I've made. ;)  There are files for DS 3, DS 4.6, and Poser. 

Here is an example banner:

DS3 Banner.jpg
    514 x 314 - 218K
  • Was sicker than hell yesterday- had to stay home.  Slept 16 hours aside from the night before's time... but still, piddled with Apollo again and re-worked his morphs to get this closer to what I wanted for an idea of mine.  Kinda pleased at how he came out.
    riddick 19.jpg
    784 x 800 - 215K
  • I wondered if that wasn't the old Apollo model! Sort of soft-faced, but otherwise a pretty respectable Riddick!
  • Nanobot said:

I wondered if that wasn't the old Apollo model! Sort of soft-faced, but otherwise a pretty respectable Riddick!

Yeah, I changed the face morphs a lot- still could use some work around the jaw and definitely his nose- But thank you! 

I posted something for ya in the Fantasy section.  XD

• For those who didn't get to read it (or who want to read it again):

The full three-book series of "The Barbarians" is complete.

Done entirely in Poser, it's free, and you can find it here:

http://www.whitegryphon.com/freebies.htm

It's an epic graphic-novel science-fiction series that takes place in the distant future.  The story was three years in the making.  Hope you all enjoy it. =)
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • Go. Now. Read.

So much enjoyment.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Getting a little more comfortable with the PP2012 setup as I continue to re-install the literal mountain of content I've collected over the years into less chaotic, smaller runtimes.

Also, I'm getting to really like the Dagonnae figure.  He's got literally nothing out for him at all, but he's still pretty awesome in a composition.  :D

elemental.jpg
    1200 x 874 - 478K
  • Cool. =)
  • Indeed. It even *feels* cool.
    Suspiro ergo sum.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!