3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Do Cyber-Chickens Dream of Electric Sheep?
  • Thanks, Nan. (I replaced the image with one a bit brighter, I just looked at it on the ipad and the original was a tad dim)
  • Oh my, love his whiskers! I couldn't see them before--but this PC at work has a very "dark" vid card that's basically crap, so I generally don't render judgements about brightness until I see things on more than one monitor.
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Ian!

Ian-faradaycage1.jpg
    1800 x 1845 - 451K
  • Good looking figment! :)
  • woo hoo!
  • Passing him on a walk might spark all sorts of creativity, that's for sure.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Heh. I think Ian likes this picture because the POV makes him look tall and imposing. This figment, if you passed him on the sidewalk, is just about 5' 6" in bare feet on days when his hair if fluffy, and is one of the smaller of the boys. Small and imposing, yeah. This shot with the Elven side of the family gives an idea of real scale--he's the runt. His other male relatives are more like 6'. His father, on the other hand, is another very short tank of a guy.

• I love these, Nan- Ian has a soft spot in m'heart he does.  XD  Fantastic family portrait, too!
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • I like the family portrait to. It's interesting to see what she'll do next.
  • Always. *Grin*  That's one fine arteest ladee that had inspired me when I first started out- I'm always lookin' forward to seeing more of her work. 
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Another gift piece of someone else's characters, Jaepheth and Tierith. 

Created Jae's implant using MD2. 

If you have a dART account and want to read their story, you can find it here  http://kessira26.deviantart.com/gallery/38601733

DarkStarRevisedWM.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 538K
  • Very nice work. I hope the recipient appreciated it.
  • ok, I have been scarce. I admit it. but I do still render!

bedpost.jpg
    1860 x 1000 - 754K
  • Nice job. The reflections look very good to me.
  • raet, fascinating render. but who on earth can sleep with an interrogation bright of a light shining in their face like that? ouch. the posing and emotion is great.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Lovely, lovely poses, Raet. :D
  • The posing is great, I concur.  And if you're tired enough, you can sleep anywhere.  *Grin!*  Maybe he was wore out?
  • Thanks, gang. GRIM/Dar: hehehe, 'worn out', you cheeky bugger!
  • Cheeky?  Moi?

;)  Always...and you're more than welcome!

• Left you good folks a present in the hot and bothered thread
  • Raetjor said:

Left you good folks a present in the hot and bothered thread

Yes you did! :)

Meri stopped Alex as he was going out the door on his way to meet Adele for coffee in the town square. Alex was jingling his keys, shifting from one foot to the other, watching Meri, his father-in-law and their Kitsune butler, stride up from the direction of the kitchen. The short demon--in a suit--arrived in the mansion's main hall, with something wiggling in one of his clawed hands, his very blue eyes narrowed.

Alex's own eyes got a bit wider when Meri held out his hand, one of the Zebrats firmly entrapped in it.

The Zebrat wore a nice pink ribbon collar with a bow on it. "What this mean?" Meri demanded. "All the Zebrats have collars today. I not do. Told Gil to get rid of them! They eat the antiques!"

"Um...No they won't. They're afraid of Dolores." Only Meri would be bold enough to accost his employer this way--but Alex wasn't going to say any different. He *was* Ian's dad, and what the hell. He loved Meri to pieces. And Meri could kick his butt any day of the week. "Cute. Pink? It's not Ian. He hates pink. Probably Kerry."

"They not pets!" Meri's ongoing battle with the Zebrats was getting to be a betting sport around the house. So yes, they were pets. Gil's pets.

Alex plucked the Zebrat out of Meri's hand, tucked it under one arm, and said, as he fled, "I'll ask Adele when I see her!"

"NOT LET THAT LOOSE!" Meri bellowed after him.

Oops. Too late. Palmers Rest, North Carolina is about to be overrun by Zebrats from the Kitsune homeworld.

Production notes: M4 with my Alex character, wearing Cyberpunk M4 pants and boots; DM's Meeting Point set as background. Alex's vest and jewelry and the rat collar are in my Freestuff here on Rendo.

Been too long since I Poserized properly! Must. Do. More. Hugs to y'all. :)
    Alex-meetingpoint.jpg
    1996 x 2200 - 492K
  • Awwww, nice scene, like the story that goes with it too!
  • Alex looks very dreamy and thoughtful there. Your waistcoat looks very smart with the leather jeans and the Zebrat is cute ;)
  • Love, love that one of Alex.  Love it.
  • There's a drop to do, and time to waste. What's a guy gotta do to get paid? Give him ten more minutes, and he'll get paid either way. There's always a line when it comes to "Delicates" and the market place. Even longer on the black market. The bot behind him clicked and whirred its protest to waiting while it hovered, almost but not quite pissing him off out of sheer irritation.

Not that anyone would see it on his face, of course.

Tick, tock. Time's a'wastin'.

Baptiste. A long time figment who's never made it out into my gallery until now.

Baptiste Waiting sm.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 353K
  • And his portrait.

Baptiste. A runner, gunner, all around "procurer of delicate goods" sorta guy. If you need it, he can find it. If you have the credits, he can find it and bring it back. If you try to rip him off, you get that smirk right before he hands you your left eye.

Behind smiling eyes is a deadly mind that has a sense of humor as wicked as they come. He comes across as easy going until he needs to be otherwise.

Baptiste Portrait sm.jpg
    700 x 1500 - 265K
  • He fits in here quite well. Nice job.
  • Thanks.  It's been too long since I've done Studio renders- been fiddling with the 4.5 Pro of late.  Haven't had a lot of time to get crap done, either but I'm tryin'.

HI TERRE!  XD

• Haven't done a pic of Mitch and the gang in ages, and am kinda trying to give them a bit of an overhaul using EZskin2.
    Stonemason set, HEV suit by Xurge, Cyberpunk clothing on Matt in the doorway with Post-apocalyptic textures, Jsuit  in black and white on the "Baroness"(left); Dreadz wears EF's Future Cop for M4, no idea about Kheliss' outfit.
    the paper lanterns above mat are from the "Above the Cyberpunk Streets" set over at Rendo.
    YardWeb.jpg
    1148 x 861 - 654K
  • That's a wonderful pic, Raet!
  • Cold nights in a log cabin in the mountains, and warm fires lead to interesting after dinner activity :)
    Inspired by Seregil and Alec from the Nightrunner series by Lynn Flewelling
    FiresideTrystDM.png
    1500 x 1125 - 2M
  • Nanobot said:

That's a wonderful pic, Raet!

Thanks Nano. If you saw my post in the jungle thread, you can see I feel like sending the troops into a confrontation with Daddy Deadshot
  • Fashion Advice: A Witch and His Faerie

"Julian! Julian! Not wear that shirt!"

Ian had stepped out of the Master's Suite sitting room at Gotth Hall and off to the bathroom before they left, so now, of course, E would show up. With fashion advice. She zipped toward him and then hovered, a mighty worry pinching her tiny face.

Julian snorted. "Yeees?" He drew out the word. "Why not?"

"Not wear spells to party! All wrong!"

Julian looked down at the shirt. "It's a design. Not a real spell, E. And Alex got it for me."

"Dat spell not go with those pants!" She bobbed in the air, nearly knocking her new blue had off with her wings. For years, E had worn a very grubby sort of cross between a stetson and an Aussie hat. Somewhere, she'd acquired this new thing, all neon blue suede.

"I'm supposed to take fashion advice from a punk faerie wearing a blue suede hat, a halter, garters, and thigh boots? Really?"

E just bobbed and waved her hands frantically, searching for the correct words, he supposed. English wasn't her first language. All that bobbing made her drop dust in sparkling loops. She didn't dust the way a pixie would, but it was still lighting up the room.

From the hallway, Ian called, "She's right, you know."

"Now you?" Julian spun around on his heel. I thought you liked these pants? And these boots?"

He could hear Ian coming up the hall. "Yeah, I do. Pooky gave 'em to you because they show off the wares, so to speak. And the tee shirt because, well, you're his Witch. But seriously--" Ian finally got to the sitting room and leaned in the doorway, watching E bounce around in the air with that almost-smile he had. "The tee shirt covers up all the good stuff."

Julian blinked, his cheeks reddening. "That's the point. Not to be, uh, on display so much."

"Dude." Ian shook his head slowly. "Pooky better learn that you understand jeans and shirts, suits, and combat gear. Period."

From down the hall, Julian could hear Carol and Adele giggling, having no doubt overheard them.

"What do you want from a forty-something ex-military Witch?" Julian grumbled to himself, scowling at both E and Ian.

---

Prodution Notes: M4 with my own character, and Sam texture; Fane pants with a Wayii texture and my own dynamic tee shirt (here at the Rendo store) with one of the Overclocked designs. V3 "Sarah Spriteling" as E, with Noggin's Butterfly doing the wings, and TailGunner togs. Christmas Nook set from Jack Tomalin (at DAZ). Hair, magic, and a bit of mood enhancement done in post.

Julian-E-lg.jpg
    1724 x 1800 - 922K

• lovely image, Nan.
  • dylazuna said:

Cold nights in a log cabin in the mountains, and warm fires lead to interesting after dinner activity :)
    Inspired by Seregil and Alec from the Nightrunner series by Lynn Flewelling

I went back and took a closer look, and I must say that the rumpled clothing and other details in this are quite lovely. And the toes. :)
  • Raetjor said:

lovely image, Nan.

Thank you, dear. 'Twas just a bit of nonsense that's been jumbled up in my head. ;)
  • I <3 Julian.  He can keep the shirt!  Wear it often!  It's a great render, Nan and I love the interactions in the blurb.

Dylazuna, I agree with Nan.  Very well done and you have a great attention to detail in that piece. Pose, expressions, clothing and bric-a-brack; all add up to making that a very well done render.

• Alex, pretending to be Mr. April. Or something. Mostly I just wanted to do something that had NOTHING to do with a project and to spend some time with Alex. We had a nice chat.

Used the Whiteout set by Synthetic, and some older BH Prostudio lights. Made those boxer briefs a while back; LT textured them for me. ^_^  Vignette effect and hair done in post.

Alex_standing.jpg
    1558 x 1800 - 480K
  • Oh Nan, he's so yummy! And just how detailed is that hair! Great job!
  • Brightened my day and made me smile reading the little story of Julian. I for one think he looks great in his t-shirt.

"Mr April" has a very dreamy/come to bed look in his eyes. He looks gorgeous!

Thanks for the comments on the 'Fireside' image. The clothing was some I made a while back in MD2, I just allowed it to fall past the avatar and land on the floor ;)
  • I like for my pinups to engage the viewer rather than being objects of admiration, so yes, he's smiling a bit about something naughty, I suspect.

The crumpled clothes are totally awesome. Would you consider crumpling some clothes and sharing the (crumpled on floor or on chair) OBJ files? *begs*
  • Oh Nan, he's so yummy! And just how detailed is that hair! Great job!

It was indeed a hair painting festival! Which was a large part of the fun.
  • Yes no problem. I can post up the objects that I've used here. Also, if you let me have an object file (no materials) of the chair you want them draped over and how you want them draped. I can import the chair into MD and drape the clothes over it and then let you have the draped clothing object. The clothes above are a couple of shirts and a pair of knee length breeches, but I have some other items of clothing as well.
    Am going hiking today, but will get crumpling later on :)
  • OH. I didn't have a chair in mind. Oops.   image  Edit: Will pick one out! 
  • Here's basic side chair. Thank you! I hope you enjoy your hike.
    chairs.zip
  • Scattered Clothing.
    I've draped some over the chair back, arm and seat so could maybe double as draping on a bed? None of the items are textured apart from the jeans which were a freebie and came with a texture of sorts.

The items which start Laying_ are my original objects used in the Fireside picture so they are sized for DAZ but the new files I have sized for Poser 8ft. I've also included the pot cloth used in Fireside. That is also DAZ sizing.

Hope you find them useful. Let me know if you want anything else.

I haven't saved any of the scattered poses so can't tweak these objects but you may be able to adjust poses in Poser anyway or use magnets.
    ScatteredClothes.zip
    3M
  • Thank you, thank you!  I can probably tweak them in a modeler, for that matter. And just apply a procedural texture or something. ;)
  • Welcome.
    Shall look forward to some 'untidy' artwork ;)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!