3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Welcome to the (Concrete) Jungle
  • LARPing is wonderful for us hams. ;)  There is a DM and die rolls equivalent, but HOW you do what you do is as important as doing it.

Played a Malkavian in a Vampire: the Masquerade LARP, but the group was so-so and way too far away to go on any kind of regular basis. That and I could NOT keep track of what was going on or how they decided anything. But, hey, I was just a loony vamp.
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Nanobot said:

..Vampire: the Masquerade..

Loved the PC game! Was brilliant.. :)
  • Oh,oh, my external HD just told me myruntimes amount to almost 1 terabyte. Time for a serious restructuring and possible a culling, too.
  • Raetjor said:

Oh,oh, my external HD just told me myruntimes amount to almost 1 terabyte. Time for a serious restructuring and possible a culling, too.

Take the easy option, just get another 1Tb hard drive :)
  • want a great laugh? so, just for the fun of it, i looked up the
    shire i used to be in and found they STILL misspell it,
    'wolfscairn', which would make it one wolf's pile of rocks,
    when it was supposed to be, 'wolvescairn', meaning plural.
    they were, 'going', to fix that... it in '80's... i think the seneshal
    got too stoned to write it down in the to do list...

and, just for curiousity, i looked up the shire for where
    we live now, hundreds of miles north of there and...
    i found out the local shire meets, are you ready?
    in the social services conference room!

'hear ye, hear ye! wilst thou handest over
    thy food stamps to the senshal, prithee?'

just kidding, but really...

if you knew how remote and boring it is up here
    you might understand. years back one of the
    candidates for a local office stood at the corner
    the courthouse is located on and practically
    begged all passersby to pleeeease go vote...
    i truly felt sorry for her. she got elected, by the
    way. none of the others even had made a statement
    our a flyer... she still holds the job today...
    yeah, it's that bad.

i'm enjoying the mm bantering over in the
    playgr, err commons this month... fun. i
    keep reading, 'genesis', and thinking i wonder
    who will render phil collins...
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • ladyfur said:

want a great laugh? so, just for the fun of it, i looked up the
    shire i used to be in and found they STILL misspell it,
    'wolfscairn', which would make it one wolf's pile of rocks,
    when it was supposed to be, 'wolvescairn', meaning plural.
    they were, 'going', to fix that... it in '80's... i think the seneshal
    got too stoned to write it down in the to do list...

Ah, that's why I couldn't find it.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Design find! Curious computer-generated housewares and jewelry.

http://n-e-r-v-o-u-s.com/index.php

• * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
  • That lamp is awesome! O_O *bookmarks link*

Just a quick request for you guys, if I may. I'm interviewing with the top NYC hospital for pediatric intensive care this coming tuesday. Needless to say, I'm super excited but the nerves are starting to show. May I ask for prayers/good thoughts/good mojo?? I'll keep you guys posted, :D
  • You got it! : )
  • Absolutely.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Definitely got it.
  • Say hello to puffle_huff, who comes to us from Renderosity, when she signs in--our newest member!

/wave wave
  • Good luck AP.

Welcome puffle_huff. :)
  • (• ε •)  Hello! 

Sorry it took me a while to post. I uh...couldn't find this forum. I went to every thread OTHER THAN this one. 

ladyfur: 'in your easter bonnet, with mandrakes all upon it, you'll be the faeriest fella in the easter parade...'
  • *chuckle*
    That's fine. :) It just means you have a good idea of what's being built here now.
  • I know, right? I know where everything is by doing it the wrong way. The story of my life. 
    ladyfur: 'in your easter bonnet, with mandrakes all upon it, you'll be the faeriest fella in the easter parade...'
  • I drive my husband crazy by doing things the complicated way all the time. LOL
  • Never fear, my dear, it was a very short trip.
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • Welcome, welcome! More artful insanity to come! Yay!
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • (• ε •)  Hello! 

Sorry it took me a while to post. I uh...couldn't find this forum. I went to every thread OTHER THAN this one. 

Hey :)
  • Good luck , AP. will be thinking of you.
  • And welcome to puffle_huff
  • A warm welcome from me as well! :)
  • Here's one for the kitty lovers. Not a cat owner, but I like 'em well enough. Thought this was rather fun!

• Hee! Ya got here! Yay!
  • Here's one for the kitty lovers. Not a cat owner, but I like 'em well enough. Thought this was rather fun!

:)) Thank you!
  • These are masters. And it proves that Percy is part cat. But he's only an apprentice at awkward sleeping. *plotting to stalk the sleeping puppy*
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Egg-shaped sleeper.

kitteh-sleeping.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 347K
  • x'D Infini-cat. I can't see where it end or where it begin..Is that a leg or an arm?
  • OH! And thank you all for your very nice welcomes. ^___^

• Nanobot said:

LARPing is wonderful for us hams. ;)  There is a DM and die rolls equivalent, but HOW you do what you do is as important as doing it.

Played a Malkavian in a Vampire: the Masquerade LARP, but the group was so-so and way too far away to go on any kind of regular basis. That and I could NOT keep track of what was going on or how they decided anything. But, hey, I was just a loony vamp.

Wow, Nan you just keep amazing me. My current group in Vamp is a hoot. I'm playing a male Daughter of Cacophony and I have about 30 6.ft7 Amazonian bald headed daughters after my ass. Good thing I'm playing an elder and my Storyteller likes to keep it fun. We sadly lack loony Malkavians, but we do get pretty wild as we all have a penchant for blowing up Manhattan skyscrapers!

• Good luck with the job interview AP. Positive vibes coming your way.

Hi to puffle_huff

Some of our sleeping cats :)

SleepingCats.jpg
    903 x 1092 - 409K
  • My word, that's a lot of kitty sleepings.  Man, why do I feel so tired suddenly???

OH. And please welcome DAGrant when she finds her way in. She's another lovely person from Rendo here to slum play with us.

I shall go back to having a wretched cold, now.
  • Nanobot said:

LARPing is wonderful for us hams. ;)  There is a DM and die rolls equivalent, but HOW you do what you do is as important as doing it.

Wow, Nan you just keep amazing me. My current group in Vamp is a hoot. I'm playing a male Daughter of Cacophony and I have about 30 6.ft7 Amazonian bald headed daughters after my ass. Good thing I'm playing an elder and my Storyteller likes to keep it fun. We sadly lack loony Malkavians, but we do get pretty wild as we all have a penchant for blowing up Manhattan skyscrapers!

Aw, you're doing a much better job. I was sorta miserable at VampLarp. They didn't fire me, but I'm sure nobody wept when I vanished.

I still have my Malkav mirror and tee shirt. :)
  • I think my favorite and really only successful Larp was played at a fan convention (Wayii may know it, it's called something like Bill and Ted's Excellent Convention. Gad, my memory. Local thing. Fuzzface MacMahon got us into doing that--great fun.) I was a very down-to-earth Native American shaman type who was sort of mellow and odd, but thought that all the hysterical white people were nuts. Yeah, stereotyped, but fun.

Actually, that's pretty much me, but without the Native American.

Hah. That always reminds me of when I was in my teens, and Mom was doing genealogy stuff--a phase moms seemed to go through, back in the 70s. She discovered she was related to Cherokee princess. I think that's what she called that--and she preened for a while about it. Much later, I found out that that's a colloquial term, like "yellow rose," that denotes a person of color who can pass for white--and she probably figured that out and was horribly embarrassed. Of course, why that's a problem, I can't fathom these days, but hey, my parents were a bit on the prejudiced side back in the day.
  • So was my paternal grandmother. It always struck me as odd that she was proud of the fact that one of her great-grandmothers was Cherokee (somewhere in the genealogy stuff I inherited is a tintype that my dad took to a professional in Native American genealogy who said that woman's features are NOT white, she WAS Native American, despite what the marriage certificate says) and yet be extremely prejudiced against everyone else who wasn't white. As a teen I found that confusing.

ETA: Genealogy wasn't a phase for her. She and one of her brothers were professionals and she actually had a publication that she kept up with for some years. My dad was a professional too. Me...... I'm interested, but not enough to follow in their footsteps.
  • Nanobot said:

My word, that's a lot of kitty sleepings.  Man, why do I feel so tired suddenly???

OH. And please welcome DAGrant when she finds her way in. She's another lovely person from Rendo here to slum play with us.

I shall go back to having a wretched cold, now.

Another new face. Great. Welcome. :)
  • Terre said:

So was my paternal grandmother. It always struck me as odd that she was proud of the fact that one of her great-grandmothers was Cherokee (somewhere in the genealogy stuff I inherited is a tintype that my dad took to a professional in Native American genealogy who said that woman's features are NOT white, she WAS Native American, despite what the marriage certificate says) and yet be extremely prejudiced against everyone else who wasn't white. As a teen I found that confusing.

Confused me as well, same thing. No tintypes for us, that I know of.

Terre said:

ETA: Genealogy wasn't a phase for her. She and one of her brothers were professionals and she actually had a publication that she kept up with for some years. My dad was a professional too. Me...... I'm interested, but not enough to follow in their footsteps.

Cool that your folks really did something with it. And yeah, you said your dad was an anthropologist, right?

Was a phase for my mom, or she found out what she wanted. Joined DAR, yada yada. Quite the social climber, she was, and that was not endearing at all. And she had a way of sneering at Dad's Jewish antecedents, too--which he tended to deny, himself, having converted when I was in first grade.

I didn't find this snobbery appealing in the least.
  • I wouldn't have liked it either.
    As far as the DAR goes, if I remember what my dad told me correctly..... I've got something like 14 Revolutionary lines on my mother's side and 13 on his. From looking at the stuff I've now got packed up, it looks like all of my ancestors were in the New World before the Revolutionary war, except for one couple who came over from England in the 19th century.
    You can't have been American for that many generation and not be mixed race, even if your skin, eye and hair colors ARE all Caucasian. Despite the fact that my cheek bones are from this side of the Atlantic I've actually had someone ask me if I was English. LOL
  • Well..! Firstly, WELCOME to the new members! *WAVE!* I'm Dar, in case people get confused- we all did. XD I'm good like that. Secondly, wow-it's been busy up in here! ;) Hopefully I will have time on my last break to sort through more of the threads- I miss being in here.

For now I'm going to squat in my corner and see if I can snag an ankle or two when people shuffle past. I'm in the mood for gnawing today. :D
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • *Sticks out ankle invitingly*
  • Nanobot said:

*Sticks out ankle invitingly*

............O.o

*Slink, slink, slink, hunker......................................TACKLEGNAWGROWLCHEW!*

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • GRIM said:

Nanobot said:

*Sticks out ankle invitingly*

............O.o

*Slink, slink, slink, hunker......................................TACKLEGNAWGROWLCHEW!*

EEEhee hee hee hee Ooh! That tickles!
  • Hi guys, *waves*  I'm DAGrant, or Delaney.  I was so excited to hear that Nan had a group for critique.  Yeah, I'm a Rendobot, but I started posting there for critique, which is few and far between, and I get a lot of, 'That's awesome'  or 'Beautiful' comments, but not a lot that will help me grow as an artist.

I love to offer constructive critique too, but find myself VERY hesitant over there for fear of being branded a hater or blamed for someone picking up their marbles and going home.  Thank you Celticfire for telling me about the group, and thank you Nan for inviting me in.  :)

*hands Nan a tissue!*  get better!

Delaney
  • Hello DAGrant. Have fun here. :)
    I'm a total noob with Poser 7 so technical critiques are beyond me, but I can give you opinions on how things look to my eye.
  • This looks like a tough prize to win but $1000 cash is probably worth a try for some people! http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=186098&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
  • Terre, I would definitely welcome your opinion  :)    I'm not a poser expert, most of the time I click stuff until it looks right to me.
  • Yay, you made it, Delaney!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!