3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Welcome to the (Concrete) Jungle
  • *Hugs wayii*  rest and recover!
  • Yay, the surgery happened. I hope you'll feel better real soon. *hugshugs*
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Here it is....
    Xaa3P0.zip
    2M
  • Thanks Wayii.

• Recovering okay.  I did a lot of sleeping the first couple of days.  Been off the percocets since yesterday morning, since the pain is perfectly manageable with normal dosages of motrin now. 

Stuck on room temperature liquids (will be for a week) -- mostly water, Ensure and cool mash potato soup (home made organic mashed potatoes with cream, salt and garlic powder in a blender LOL).

Got a little walk last evening.  Made me feel a little less spacey, but was kinda pushing things.  Prolly try another tonight just to alleviate that whole restlessness problem.
  • Glad to hear things are going well. Restlessness is something I'm all to familiar with.
  • Wayii said:

Recovering okay.  I did a lot of sleeping the first couple of days.  Been off the percocets since yesterday morning, since the pain is perfectly manageable with normal dosages of motrin now. 

Stuck on room temperature liquids (will be for a week) -- mostly water, Ensure and cool mash potato soup (home made organic mashed potatoes with cream, salt and garlic powder in a blender LOL).

Got a little walk last evening.  Made me feel a little less spacey, but was kinda pushing things.  Prolly try another tonight just to alleviate that whole restlessness problem.

*hug*
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • *HUG* for Wayii and gratitude for checking in.
  • *hug* Wayii*  Take it slow.  
  • *slides on in to snug-n-hug the wayiiness!* sending thoughts your way doll, and loads of goth-goodness!
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Wayii just posted a new "Hedge Mage" set.  It totally rocks.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/60336/view/11/Poser/Hedge-Mage-v2.0

Ah, weekday lunchtime!
  • "Tumbling along with the tumbling tumbleweeds"  (We need some musical notes here)
    Driving down the highway when a 4' to 6' diameter Russian Thistle decides that it's time to cross the road is a bit startling.
  • FOr those interested, Stonemason's working on another set. WIP thread: http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=184868&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
  • Interesting!

and...four to six FEET of tumbleweed? Yikes!
  • And Stonemason's returning to that odd forest scene. It's as if he either reuses a bit of something else he's made for another project (outside of DAZ ken) and thinks, "Hey, this is interesting. I'll just give them this bit of stuff here that we didn't use, they'll like it." As in, it seems to have a context that I cannot grasp.

Which may be indicative of my powers of comprehension...!

Mind you, I'm putting my words in his mouth because I would do something similar. For all I know, there's a great deal of contemplation goes into these curious compositions.
  • Nanobot said:

Interesting!

Most are smaller but, yes, they can get that big. And when they pile up against a barbed wire fence somebody better come by and clear them away or eventually the wind pushing on the mass will bring the fence down. Huge piles of them also are quite a fire hazard. I've seen photos taken in this area where the wind blew dozens of them into a huge pile that came up to the rafters on a garage or other building. Those piles MUST be dealt with or a spark will cause a huge poof incident.
  • Interesting...you go to that model by asking for things in .lxo (Modo) format and it's $39. Pretty and modern! But that would be so much fun to model, why buy? ;)
  • Terre said:

Nanobot said:

Interesting!

Most are smaller but, yes, they can get that big. And when they pile up against a barbed wire fence somebody better come by and clear them away or eventually the wind pushing on the mass will bring the fence down. Huge piles of them also are quite a fire hazard. I've seen photos taken in this area where the wind blew dozens of them into a huge pile that came up to the rafters on a garage or other building. Those piles MUST be dealt with or a spark will cause a huge poof incident.

So how do you cope with a rafter-high batch of tumbleweed? You can't sweep it away, it'll come right back...unless you gift it to someone downwind...
  • I think they haul them off to a place where they can be safely burned. There are one or two people around here who have machines for making wood pellets (the kind you burn in a pellet stove) and they dump tumbleweeds in them. Supposed to make a decent batch of pellets.
  • Now, making firewood out of them, that's the perfect use! :)
  • I love a lot of the Stonemason sets, but my biggest complaint is that it's all one giant obj file, and with some scenes that I just need like a corner or bench, but yet I have to load the entire thing! Is it hard to make individual props I wonder? Or is that just his personal style?

• I love a lot of the Stonemason sets, but my biggest complaint is that it's all one giant obj file, and with some scenes that I just need like a corner or bench, but yet I have to load the entire thing! Is it hard to make individual props I wonder? Or is that just his personal style?

I just think that's how he rolls.  Others are far better about giving you easily manageable bites to work from.  Jack (Tomalin) and John (The Antfarm) come immediately to mind.
  • You could turn off bits of the larger Stonemason sets or delete the pieces from the scene for the big props. Or hide them--that's the intent, you're supposed to know that.

On the other hand, I see a trend toward little setlets which are less useful and you can't really clomp together into any sort of continuity.

Really, Antfarm's Neverworld is some of the best of both worlds! And he puts good fiddly bits into his work. Coflek-gnorg's older work before he started on "miniatures" was like that, only gritty and scifi, perfect for cyberpunk.
  • When they find their way in, please welcome Skylab, Darkothe, and Ladyfur!
  • Wheee! Glad to be amongst friends again!
  • Yeehah! Glad you made it.
  • WELCOME! XD
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • /me waves
  • Hello, guys. :)
  • Hiii!
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • hi. i think i'm here. it's like 30 something degrees, i'm typing in mittens with a cup of chicken broth, making typos every 5th letter, having to correct, and it's
    raining and windy...

thanks for the invite. the art here is great. i can post something older of mine
    but i don't render so my art is 2d and mixed mediums...

ps, after i posted, i saw that xaa had done what i was going to do, lol.

/me waves back!

old winmx chatroom habits never die...

when i'm not quite so freezing i'll hunt up what i rescued from the demise of my previous gallery on the stol, err, the removed artzone, which i spent hours
    saving last month...

ladyfur
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • {{hugs ladyfur}} I was lurking over on the Complaint Thread and was hoping you could save your stuff. I'm just too inexperienced to have been any help.
  • Yay!  More stragglers finding the way in.  =^_^=
  • Ooh, more craz... I mean, talented artists on the forum!
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • OT: HAPPY 39TH BIRTHDAY TO FREDERIC! ;)

'a paradox, a paradox, a most ingenius paradox!...'

(google it if you have to...)
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • hi, terre...

who are you on daz? i quit posting because of ONE love letter, perfectly britishly spelt, i might add, too many... i wasn't banned, just threatened with being so.
    i decided that if freedom of speech was not allowed in daztopia, well, then...

only one mod is like that, at least to me. most aren't. but he has his knickers
    in a knot over me for some reason...

i dared post the lyrics to, 'hoist the colours'... i be thinkin' it irked him, arrrrrrr!

i have no issues with others from there, including one part of my own ancestry.
    oh, and i love cho. she makes still reading there entertaining.

ladyfur
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Terre is Terre on Daz. She may have crashed by now.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • ok, thanks, suro. i wonder if they are all over there going, 'mad', now that it's an hour into march...
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • surochek said:

Terre is Terre on Daz. She may have crashed by now.

Terre_Farris to be specific. :)
    And, yes, I had crashed. I have to be at work at 5am MST so I tend to go to bed at 8pm.
  • ladyfur said:

OT: HAPPY 39TH BIRTHDAY TO FREDERIC! ;)

BWAHAhahaha! Yes! Yes! My favorite Gilbert & Sullivan!
  • Love Pirates. Even though one of the guys here at work calls me Nankipoo--and I sing the first few bars of "A wand'ring minstrel I" for him every time he does it.
  • Nanobot said:

ladyfur said:

The Major General's Song is what has always stuck in my head best. LOL
  • Terre said:

Nanobot said:

ladyfur said:

The Major General's Song is what has always stuck in my head best. LOL

Yep, yep. And Jim has recited the lyrics for us many times! With variations...
  • Hiya Ladyfur, I think we were friends back in the Daz forums. Glad to see you here!
  • hi, celtic. more likely on artzone, rip, but yes, i'm sure you are one of
    the 254 on my friends' list... i saved it... good to see you, too.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Wayii said:

I love a lot of the Stonemason sets, but my biggest complaint is that it's all one giant obj file, and with some scenes that I just need like a corner or bench, but yet I have to load the entire thing! Is it hard to make individual props I wonder? Or is that just his personal style?

I just think that's how he rolls.  Others are far better about giving you easily manageable bites to work from.  Jack (Tomalin) and John (The Antfarm) come immediately to mind.

:D
  • oooh, the person who posted just before me, up there ^^^, him. is that who i think it is? the one who made really pretty buildings? his avatar picture looks familiar. i'm pretty sure that's not stonemason, and i can't remember who antfarm is... if that is the one who made those beautiful buildings, i just want to say how neat they are... :)
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Might be ;)

Heh thanks! I joined up here a few weeks back - then got snowed under with work.  Just about reached the surface again but half expecting another avalanche.

Hope everyone here is doing ok though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!