3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Welcome to the (Concrete) Jungle
  • A cross-post from the Virile Noir thread, if you'll pardon me, since the question got asked about appropriate postings there:

Being as the whole Vickie-only thing in the render threads in the
    Commons seems to have vanished--and the male-only threads
    flourished--the original reasoning is a bit moot here. No need to rebel
    against non-existent oppression. image 

But I do know that Raet, Dar, LT and I like the boy-adventure render thread that was intended in the VN Category here.

And we have lots of room! If anyone wants a female pinup thread, go for
    it! We had a monthly pinup challenge, for several very fun months last
    year--which I greatly enjoyed. Go forth and mix it up! I know (from
    other conversations) that those who prefer to view the female form were
    feeling a bit left out. Please create what you'd like to see,
    definitely.
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Just to let you know, RDNA have just released v4 weight mapped plus some python scripts and new shaders for free.
  • Raetjor said:

Just to let you know, RDNA have just released v4 weight mapped plus some python scripts and new shaders for free.

AWESOME. Gonna snap those up when I get home!

*cough* Genesis? Whut?

http://www.runtimedna.com/WMV4.html
  • Oh wow.  And that addresses the problems that V4 has, seems to pretty much solve them!  
  • Now I'm really hoping to see the Mill 3 figures weight mapped!  That's really something!
  • m4!!! *FISTSHAKE* :D I'm gonna snap her up too, though I don't know how well she'll work in 2010. I have renders to put together as well for that scene.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • I don't think she'll work in 2010. From what I've been reading elsewhere you need 9 or 2012.
  • Oh, and the answer to "Will there be an M4wm" seems to be "Not any time soon." Apparently V4s mesh was a pain to work with so the main person on that project is going to be working on a male figure of his own for a while.
  • OMG, she looks phenomenal! *snaps up* Ok, the penny saving will now go in overdrive. If anyone ever finds a good deal on P9 or PP2012, PLEASE let me know!
  • Weight mapped M4???? 
  • Weight mapped M4???? 

I answered that question two posts before you asked it. :)
  • Yeah, M4 wm not likely any day soon. UNLESS one of us does it.
  • Oops, didn't read carefully enough, Terre.:)
  • *SIGH*  Well, then I suppose I'll get her anyway and wait to see if I can get the cash for a new comp and whatever version of PP that's out at the time.  *Chuckle* I wonder if that's why WM Antonia looks so...funky... Hm.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Nanobot said:

Yeah, M4 wm not likely any day soon. UNLESS one of us does it.

Good afternoon.

Nano, I fear you are right about M4WM. However, I feel that  at present myself and probably a number of others who'd normally tinker feel they don't understand weightmapping enough to even try and have stab at it.

What is more,  I think there are oodles of other things I need to learn first like getting a beter hang of texturing for instance. And then there is also the day job to consider. Being a teacher requires prep work outwith normal office hours which cuts down on render and experimentation time.

• Wasn't pointing at anyone in particular as being the one to do it--man, what a task. And look at the number of people dedicated to the project on the PoserPlace V4WM page!

Yes, we have day jobs, most of us.
  • Looks like share.cg is trying to make things a bit easier on folks who use only Poser or only D/S. They're splitting the D/S stuff off into it's own category.
  • Nanobot said:

Wasn't pointing at anyone in particular as being the one to do it--man, what a task. And look at the number of people dedicated to the project on the PoserPlace V4WM page!

Oh, don't worry , hon, I didn't take it that way.
  • Raetjor said:

Nanobot said:

Wasn't pointing at anyone in particular as being the one to do it--man, what a task. And look at the number of people dedicated to the project on the PoserPlace V4WM page!

Oh, don't worry , hon, I didn't take it that way.

Hah! I didn't. But I could hear the tiny panicky quaver of "Oh Shit I Have Too Much to Do Already." Leastways, that's what I think when I contemplated it.
  • GAH!  I spent over four hours yesterday installing first a Mac Plus (6.0.8) emulator, then a Power PC machine (7.5.3) on my computer to play an olllddd olllddd game - only to discover that the original makers of the game had decided what the hell, let's update this bitch, people seem to like it.  Plays just fine on modern machines now.  >.<  
    Mantra - a very Link Like game.  But with towns and better music.

• Wish someone would do that for Darklands. Since Microprose is no more I suppose that the toy company that bought them probably owns the rights.
  • Anybody wary of the "big announcement" at Daz? I wonder what crazy thing they'll do now... I'm also wondering if I should just get a few things I *really* want off my wishlist and call it a day/week/month/lifetime...
  • I dunno, I just figured it was them doing something else with genesis, which doesn't affect me.  Or they're finally going to redo the site.
  • I'm thinking of the horrid cloud-based content system someone mentioned. If it's genesis and DS4 related, I could care less. Steam/Cloud systems? Bye, bye.
  • Cloud-based what?? They're already online. Makes no sense.

Game-changing and industry-shaking. Um, Sony bought them! And they're all moving to Japan, yeah. :) LOL. Well, not long to wait.
  • I submitted the M4 dress boots to my Rendo free stuff collection--minus two of the textures that used ParrotDolphin's that the download from here has--and there are 58 downloads already, in 4 hours. 0_o  Good heavens.
  • Nano, check your PMs. 

Are the boots at Rendo different from the ones here aside from the textures?
  • Nope, same boots. But I was a little wary of giving away the textures that use the ParrotDolphin materials at Rendo, where she vends. So, just to be safe, I took out the gold check and the gothic gray. Others just the same.
  • Got it, :) 

Blimey... really need to finish categorizing so I can render! I actually have so many ideas right now... There's gotta be a faster, better way to do this...
  • Mine finally finished!  I had to do six layers...Ambient, Fill, Fire, Spec, Moon, and Zdepth-which I tossed out because the leaves were blocks (I keep forgetting the transmaps don't go through in Zdepth) and after some post...

I think I'm calling this morph Luke.  New morph for M4 which I'm thinking about putting in the second set of freebie morphs for M4 I'm working on.  The BOOTS  have an upper texture I put together based off of an old Chinese tapestry.  I call it Sitting.
    Sitting.jpg
    613 x 1000 - 377K
  • Very pretty. And nicely lit. I like the serenity of it coupled with the goth meets mariachi clothes. Personally, I would maybe have given his skin a bit more spec/sheen and I think I would not have given the boots quite so much ambient radiosity as they jump out somewhat. But that's just me.
  • The lighting was my concentration, really. I know about the whole "Gay Goth Mariachi" thing- one of my friends laughed at the thing already. *Liptwitch*

Too much spec on the metal, noted when it was rendering the layers. The spec on the skin IS there, and there was quite a bit of it but during the postworking process I went with a different flavor and let it fade a bit.

The upper had WAY too much ambient radiosity- I masked out all but the firelight layer on those and they still glow in the dark. Problem with rendering multi-layers and having the picture being larger than your view window is I didn't get to see it until after the ten hours it took for all the renders to crank out. *Smirk*

Thank you very much Raet, for your input! :D
  • Goth Mariachi. *snicker* Aww, I like the buckles! And...what do you mean the boots shouldn't glow in the dark?? It could come in handy.

http://www.buybrightfeet.com/Default.asp?bhcp=1

But it IS one of your lovely serene images, Dar. I think it's fine that he's rather matte; there's not a lot of shiny in that pic.
  • I'm thinking of the horrid cloud-based content system someone mentioned. If it's genesis and DS4 related, I could care less. Steam/Cloud systems? Bye, bye.

Arrrgh! Really? I don't mind the cloud system for computer games, they are usually very large in size, and keeping them all updated can be a pain. 

However with something like DAZ and all the places where you can get content, and the amount of content that a user can have (in tiny little megabytes).....that could get really ugly really fast. >_<

*sigh* Oh Daz what happened to ya...I'm not touching Daz4 with a fifty foot poll, at this rate. o_O

Oh and love the pic GRIM! Very smexy. ^_^

• *shrug* Their decision. They'll have to live with the consequences, whatever they may be.
  • http://www.goldenthrush.2phatgeeks.com/
    :D  Steam punk/ fantasy.  As done by me.  
  • And!

Give a big 3D-noir hello to CelticFire and ElorOnceDark when they come to join in!

Example:

Nanobot: *lights cigarette, takes a drag, exhales*  "Hey babe, you made it. Good on you."
  • Well. Lunchtime lull, huh?

I'm contemplating what to artify next...? Hmm.
  • I must admit, all the speculation over the DAZ 'announcement' amuses me greatly :)
  • I don't think you are the only one there, Jack! :D
  • Ozzfest said:

I must admit, all the speculation over the DAZ 'announcement' amuses me greatly :)

Yeah? *hee*  Well, we'll see soon enough. You have to love the way they hung it out there, it's a veritable red flag in a field packed with bulls. There will be pasture-trampling.
  • Announcement? *Brow* I haven't looked at the newsletter or been on the site for a while now- I miss everything.

*Sprawls, sports a smarmy grin and lifts a brow* Welcome to the lair of VN Celtic and Elor. Cop a squat and stay awhile. :-h
  • "the day had brought nothing but trouble.
    Ozzfest said:

I must admit, all the speculation over the DAZ 'announcement' amuses me greatly :)

Lol, you are probably closer to the horse's mouth in that respect than most of us. If your just faintly amused it can't be that bad, eh?
  • OH- the Cloud thing? Eh, I have little to no idea on what that is, really. Except that it's for gaming. It's a system. And I don't have it. :D
  • Yes welcome Elor and Celtic!
  • Raetjor said:

"the day had brought nothing but trouble.

Ozzfest said:

Lol, you are probably closer to the horse's mouth in that respect than most of us. If your just faintly amused it can't be that bad, eh?

Regrettably, I am just as clueless as everyone else I'm afraid..  I know nuffink!
  • Welcome Elor and Celticfire! :)

Glad you could make it.
  • *sigh*  Soon time to get up and play cook. And serving wench.

Meanwhile, the cutie toons are getting furniture. I guess next they'll need a place to sleep on. And things to cook in and eat out of I feel like I should be doing something else...

Suspiro ergo sum.
  • And welcome to more cool peoples!
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Hi guys!

The mystery announcement... meh... just seems like another way to generate drama.  Not interested.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!