3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Welcome to the (Concrete) Jungle
  • Until we get some people hired and trained for some duties it's just what I need to do to get my main job done around additional things I need to help with for the time being. Eventually I'll be able to put in more reasonable hours. Until then the overtime will look good on my paycheck.
  • Double post.
  • Good morning. :)
  • good evening.

ok, terre. i hope you hold up to that grind. hang in there.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur

Thanks. I'm hanging in there all right.
    This week will be less. Probably  less than 50 hours. I've put in a little over 39 so far and today is the last day I work this week. Even if I put in 12 hours it'll be a lot less than last week.
  • Good afternoon. :)
    Finally putting in slightly shorter days at work now.
  • An example of what's been happening with the transition at work:
    After 6 weeks of hiccups we should be getting a KeHE (formerly Gourmet Awards, it's a specialty foods distributor) order today.
    The bit that took the longest to work out was getting the tax stuff sent back and forth due to the sale of the store.
    Then came problems with getting the new account set up.
    The guy who handles that stuff finally showed transportation and so on that all they had to do is mirror the old account to the new. After that got done the next problem kicked in.
    A year or so ago we got switched from ordering out of Dallas to Flowermound. For some reason the route still belongs to Dallas so we became a crossdock. Dallas already had an account with that number, and the next number. Apparently they don't have one with the third so the order finally got loaded up and sent out as part of the tail end of a two day trip yesterday.
  • Hi guys! Nothing to report. Spring break is here and we're feeling pretty relaxed.
    Suspiro ergo sum.

Overall things are going worked out at work. Most of the hiccups are done with,
  • In spite of all my best efforts, I just can't get my garden going before late March.

some day, SOME YEAR, I will REALLY get it going in January and I'll get cabbages and cauliflower and stuff.

dammit
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • ok, the title doesn't go with it but happy saint patrick's day.
    this was one of shadow's very first rendered backgrounds and my very first composite. i thought you might like to see it.
    postcard_from_brigadoon.jpg
    800 x 477 - 56K
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • You both did a good job. :) Thanks for sharing.
    Happy (belated) St. Patric's Day.
  • Things are starting to settle down a bit at work. I think I'll be putting in 50 hour weeks for the near future but I've only had two 60 hour ones and more aren't likely, I think.
  • good luck, terre. happy soggy first day of spring.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Terre said:

You both did a good job. :) Thanks for sharing.
    Happy (belated) St. Patric's Day.

thanks. glad you liked it. that was when shadow was just getting into daz, when we were still on webtv. at that time bryce was at version 5. i had seen a friend on a doll collectors' group, 'put', her travel doll into a scene of a beach. that inspired me to composite my doll photo onto shadow's rendered bg using ulead, which we'd gotten free as a perk of a short lived local isp for becoming a member. that isp folded for lack of membership but i still have the ulead disc. installed, now on win7. ;)
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Dry and warm here. :)

• Working on my garden... I'll give updates when I see progress, just so I don't jinx it.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Sounds good to me. :)
  • Good evening. :)
  • My mother will be coming to visit in about a week. :)

We got something worked out at work where soon my days off will be Monday and Saturday. hopefully starting next week (can't do it this week) as that is when my mother will be in town and she had originally scheduled her trip for Mon and Fri being when I'm off.

More good news. We're going to be able to change my days off at work so that I go back to being off on Monday. I may try that next week and see if it works out.
  • Good morning. My mother arrives this afternoon. Probably have to set up her tent in sprinkles.
  • She stays in a tent? How cool!

Finals are approaching, which means I'll be AWOL a lot.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Had to set the tent up in strong wind gusts instead of sprinkles. She prefers camping this way. :)
  • The internet feed at work is one where the store can put in store ads in. There seem to be about two every hour. This week we have Libby's canned veggies on sale. Because of this I've been hearing a familiar jingle several times a day. Late this morning a co-worker (early 30s I think) asked if I liked the new Libby's ad.
    New? Has it really been that many years since that jingle played, played, played on the air, air, air?
  • hi, terre. it's been years, years, years, since it was on the tv, tv, tv... :)

we recently had a close to cat1 storm, hours long power outages, and trees downed. our beloved and wise governor moonbeam, ever the astute observer that he is, declared the 6 year drought is officially over. and in other news, water is wet.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • I'm glad you came through that storm OK. We could have used some of that rain down here. :)

Happy Easter!
  • My mother and I did a touristy thing Saturday. We went here: http://windmill.com/

What the vids (and the pamphlet we got) don't show is the single largest turbine there. It's the GE prototype for the giant (over 200ft tall) turbines used in a wind farm in California. They couldn't erect the thing because they are close enough to the Lubbock airport that the height limit is 75' so it's in pieces on concrete pads on the ground. I was hoping the site would have a photo of the propeller section as it's gigantic and is one of the first things you see when approaching the museum.
    In the opening vid there is a red brick path leading off screen bottom. That leads to where you can view the giant.  The quasi Dutch looking thing near the bottom of the home page is a replica of the first windmill erected in the US on the Flowerdew Hundred Plantation in Virginia in 1621. This one was built in 1978 and moved to Lubbock in 2010.
  • Things are starting to settle down at work. I'm now usually getting 53 hours/week and soon will be able to shorten it some more. I like the way the overtime looks on my paycheck but the longer weeks are very tiring. I'm not 35 anymore. LOL

• Laugh track
    Woman's voice "When do you go at red and stop at green? When you're eating a watermelon."
    Laugh track...

The other two jokes in the ad aren't any better and I get to listen to this all week.
    Well, at least we've gotten some positive comments from customers about the in-store ads.

• Good morning. Cold here. Just had to turn the heater back on.
  • Good evening. :)

I actually put in a hair under 50 hours at work last week for the first time in almost three months. The overtime I've been getting looks good on my paycheck but it is very tiring.
  • Happy Mother's Day!
  • Update on former boss' dad. His most recent CT showed some tumors had shrunk and none had grown.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!