3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Welcome to the (Concrete) Jungle
  • Apparently the Governor declared Eastern NM a disaster area yesterday.
    According to a volunteer from the Dora Fire Dept we nearly had a number of people die from exposure Saturday night. He said he didn't get any sleep that night and they had people sitting in stuck cars for up to 10 hours waiting for help. People were running out of gas and their cars starting to cool off. One Fire Dept's (I forgot whether it was Dora or Floyd) command pickup was stationed in the parking lot of Wells Fargo here in Portales as a communication depot.
    I got a ride to work this morning and worked from 6am to 5pm.

• yikes! between the north pole melting, the uk flooding, the mississippi river breaching in places... things are really scary weather wise. i hope you don't have to work on nye!
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • I worked this morning but am off now until Saturday morning.
  • Happy New Year!
  • happy new year to you too, terre. i wish nanobot and the others were here...
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • She is sometimes. She's not feeling too well right now.
  • Grim's tough guy reminds me of something that happened yesterday.
    I was heading back to work after dealing with an insurance adjuster at home and our 24 year old ex-marine special forces who is working as a stocker was outside taking a smoke break to settle his nerves, I'd barely missed seeing what happens when a balloon unexpectedly explodes near a combat veteran. He says the Service Center manager looked down at him after he hit the deck and said "No one's shooting at you."

• *POP*

Oh, look! A forum! :D

One of my big presents for Christmas was a whoppingly awful case of asthmatic bronchitis. I still got it, but I'm on the mend. I was pretty much in bed from Boxing Day to New Year's eve. Anyhow...the wrapping said, "no returns," dammit.  Ugh.

Other than that...whassup?
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • terre, poor guy!

nanobot, hi! two words, chicken soup!
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Good morning. :)
  • Good afternoon. :)
  • good evening.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • good morning-cooooooooooooooooooffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
    The insurance adjuster had to zero out the claim for wind damage from Goliath because it was less than our deductible but he now has the claim number for one for the hail damage from last October so we'll see what happens next.
  • goliath? i think i missed an episode, terre. i'm reading without coffee in a cold apartment. our power bill went way up because we are using heat so i'm trying to keep the tiny heater to as low a setting as i can stand and it's cold.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Goliath was name of the storm that hit shortly after Christmas. I'm still not quite used to naming winter storms but this one certainly deserved it.
    {{hugs}} Power bills are going up everywhere, sadly. I hope the temps where you live are the sort where you don't need an A/C in summer. That should help. We have gas heater and that is much cheaper than electric but it isn't an option everywhere.
  • Got the estimate from the insurance adjuster for the hail damage from last October. It comes out to a claim worth following through on when the wind damage one from the Blizzard called Goliath wasn't. We've had another shingle blow loose in the most recent winds. I figure it was loosened in the blizzard and finally tore off.
  • hi, terre. that sounds odd. ok, so a blizzard gets pooh poohed but winds don't? i'm really lost from that one.

we don't get that sort of heat here, and we don't have a/c. we have a tiny portable heater to heat all 4 rooms. kitchen has no doors, bathroom door has to remain open because of the kittens' food and water, and bedroom needs not to freeze. i'm considering getting a second heater for the bedroom next month. maybe i could keep the usage down if we were only heating 3 rooms with one and 1 with the other. power company blames the stove. it's the kind that looks like a 1970's game show prize. it's not the kind of bad cold a lot of places get in winter but i'm cold. rain is forecast today so that will help.

we had to resort to putting the t.p. in an empty metal can. these furry monsters think all paper should be confetti. sigh. it is taking a lot to keep kitten proofing the place as they get bigger. my cats in the 80's were so much better behaved.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • ladyfur said:

terre, poor guy!

nanobot, hi! two words, chicken soup!

Hot and Sour soup! (from the friendly Chinese carryout) That's my version. :)

Here I am, feeling pretty good...but my client, when he got home at 5, apparently heard my lungs wheezing more than I did, and told me to go home and get some rest! Well, durn. Thought I wuz recoverin'.
  • {{hugs}}
  • Good evening. :)
  • good middle of night. i hope that everybody is warm and dry and staying or getting well.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Yup. Staying warm. :)
  • Trying...my hands are still cold enough to not to want to type.

*HUGS NAN* Feel better, wommin!
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • GOod afternoon. :)
  • Good morning! :)
  • good middle of the night again.
    beastlingsat10weekshalfsize.jpg
    750 x 669 - 401K
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • that is their angry at bright light look. it's winter. it's been rainy. it's dark in here. these babies hate bright light. the camera on shadow's lenovo thingy only does bright light. it has no freaking flash. so all we can get now are angry kitty stare pics. i need a tablet thingy with a better camera...
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Still cute kittens.
    Red actually has orange eyes as an adult. I wonder if your red tabby will also.
  • hi, terre. thanks. so far they both have green eyes. felis is pale orange and mausi's fur is starting to be tipped silver on the ends. nothing more has been broken but we will have to get a vinyl shower curtain. sigh.

anyway, this site locked me out again and i have no clue why. it's as if it couldn't remember me. i have the keep me logged in thingy checked.

how are you doing? it's cold here.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Good evening.
    The site does log you out now and then. I simply log back in and check the keep me logged in thing. I haven't noticed how often it logs you out. It seems to be several times a year.
    I hope the kitties don't destroy another shower curtain. One thing that may help is if you could balance a noisemaker like a can with some coins or rocks in it so that it falls and makes a racket when they tug on the curtain. We did that with our towel rack to stop our previous car from clawing the towels. It worked pretty quickly on him.

• Hey ho.

Random cat picture time? Madhava is using Shanti as a pillow. per usual.

favorite pillow.jpg
    2048 x 1660 - 567K
  • Terre said:

The site does log you out now and then. I simply log back in and check the keep me logged in thing. I haven't noticed how often it logs you out. It seems to be several times a year.

Don't worry about that. I think browsers periodically dump their caches and that happens. Nothing you did wrong.
  • Goodness. February already? May we skip to April? March is the worst month of all.
  • nanobot, those cats look very happy. here's the latest of our beastlings.
    beastlingsat11weekshalfsize.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 951K
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • good morning, terre. we have tried almost every trap. none have worked so far. felis is a thief. i can replace my towel if i want to pay close to 30 dollars. sigh. i keep hoping to find it cheaper.

they are looking more like tiny cats and less like kittens now. 12 weeks. the photo was from last weekend at 11 weeks. they are mellowing out a lot since they can get in the window now.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Happy Valentines Day!
  • Hey, all. What say we invite some refugees from RDNA and Rendo here? Mind you, the spammer threat is still real, so it's invites only. But I'll approve any who ask me at Rendo.

The recent takeover at RNDA (merger my shiny metal ass) is quite startling. Nothing to add here, given the quantity of furor going on at RDNA forums.
  • I don't have an account there but have no objections. Some of the folks I've seen look like they are pretty nice. Some I've seen over at Daz and never seen a problem with but haven't actually met them.

• what happened to rdna and rendo? i'm out of the loop. do tell, please.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Oh boy.
    Rendo has decided to start enforcing an old rule against links to off site freebies and has banned a vendor for objecting to that.
    RDNA has been absorbed by Daz3D. They're calling is a merger but given the way things are being done it had to be a buy-out.
  • We have a new roof! Since the old one was a single layer of shingles the contractor was able to just put the metal on top of it. (Insurance covered most, we're paying the difference to upgrade).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!