3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
The "I am searching for something specific" thread
  • Oh wow, good job on the bed.
  • Ok so I'm looking for a hi-res tree, something that would be great for close up shots literally maybe a foot or two away from the trunk. Any idea which ones are worth it? I've seen a few but there's no description or photos of how hi res the tree is.
  • I guess my question would be are you looking for Poser/Studio/Carrara or another program?  I had one, that came with vines, that was excellent with close up renders.  I just have to find it.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • http://www.daz3d.com/shop/lisa-s-botanicals-mighty-oak/   This isn't the one I was hoping to find, but it might work?
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Check out Dinoraul's trees on Rendo, too. Slow to render, but nice even in close-ups.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Oh yes, thank you Grim. Yes I'm looking for Daz. I have the LB Mighty Oak, and tested it yesterday, it looks alright but I guess I'm just looking for a really detailed, gnarled trunk. Leaves can be optional. I just need dips and crevices so it won't look so flat in my render
  • Even if it's just tree trunk stumps that would be a great help! And thank you, Surochek, I actually just picked up his dead trees today, and I'm gonna test them tonight, but I have my doubts. maybe I'm just being too picky or demanding lol. But thanks you guys!
  • Try tweaking the textures on one of the meshes -- whichever is finer.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Wow. Pretty stunning work.
  • Holy cow.  I want!
  • Omg that looks amazing! I've long lamented the fact that mages don't have really cool kick ass armor sets in Skyrim. But I usually make a big, beefy barbarian in simple fur armor anyway soooo lol. Anyhoo, new Razor Rider prop, I'm sure this will make Nan very happy!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/razor-rider-hotel-reception/96448
  • I agree with you on the Mage Armor issue; even if most "games" state that the mages aren't strong enough to wear it, I tend to believe they should anyway!  And look durn scary while doing so. XD

I noticed that prop from Razor.  I had half a mind to see if I could scrounge up coins to purchase it myself, but that half a mind tends to wander and get lost. *grin*

• I'm sure we can all scrape up enough tto get this. It's on sale too! http://www.daz3d.com/shop/rons-fog-ii
  • Hey guys and ghouls, looking for an executioner's hood for m4, or even v4 since I could possibly convert it to m4 through Xdresser, any clues?
  • Oh, hmm. There was something at DAZ a while back, I seem to recall, but it was a Genesis-only thing. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-executioner-for-genesis

If you have Poser, we might try to make a dynamic hood...
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • OK, I had fun making a very simple conforming executioner's hood for M4. It needs texturing, but it's otherwise ready to mess with.  Will work on a burlap texture in a bit.
  • Looks like Nan has been hard at work on the hood, but there is also this one:

https://www.renderotica.com/xcart/product.php?productid=29783
  • Oh wow, Nan really got on the ball, thank you so much hun! And yes that one is actually quite nice Dyz. Not too crazy about the shape but I think that's morphable. I think I wanna see what Nan has before I get that one. Everything Nan has put out so far has been great!
  • Aww...I hope you like it. It conforms, has a variety of morphs added in with Morphing Clothes, and a couple of fixit adjust morphs.

Click on the image to download. If you forget at some future date, I've submitted it to Rendo Freestuff, too.

This was fun! I may do some hats at some point, now. :)
    M4-Executioners-Hood-th.jpg
    200 x 200 - 35K
  • Omg Nan, it's booooooootiful!!!! No honestly, it's perfect! Thank you so much! cannot wait to use this however it will have to be after the weekend as I get my full 40 hours working open to close at Fedex fri, sat and sun. Gah! I'm gonna be at work thinking of this alluring prop on my computer at home just begging me to get to work!
  • :D  So glad you like it!
  • Oh yes, it's perfect! I admit I did run it through Xdresser to add some body morphs, but it's a beautiful job you did on it. Getting ready to post my results here sometime this week!
  • Yay! Looking forward to it.
  • Oo.  I may have use for that hood as well.  *Snatch!*  Thank you, Nanodear!  
  • GRIM said:

Oo.  I may have use for that hood as well.  *Snatch!*  Thank you, Nanodear!  

I knew YOU would. :)
  • Nanobot said:

GRIM said:

Li'l ol' moi?  *BEAM*

I don't know what you mean.  >.>

• GRIM said:

Nanobot said:

GRIM said:

Li'l ol' moi?  *BEAM*

Oh yeah. Looking at your desktop on FB? LOL! Uh uh. Not at all.

• Nanobot said:

GRIM said:

Nanobot said:

GRIM said:

Li'l ol' moi?  *BEAM*

Oh yeah. Looking at your desktop on FB? LOL! Uh uh. Not at all.

*BEAM* 
  • Hi guys, i need some help here. A while back I saw an item which was a backpack for V3or V4 which had a see-through umprella come out of it and fit over the head in a very futuristic manner. I think it was an add-on to Uzilite's Liquid Halo. I have tried to find it on Rendo and at daz but their searches produced nada.

Does anybody know what I am talking about and have a link for me? much obliged.
  • Oh I do know what you're referring to.  Let me see if I can find it for you.
  • Raetjor said:

Hi guys, i need some help here. A while back I saw an item which was a backpack for V3or V4 which had a see-through umprella come out of it and fit over the head in a very futuristic manner. I think it was an add-on to Uzilite's Liquid Halo. I have tried to find it on Rendo and at daz but their searches produced nada.

Does anybody know what I am talking about and have a link for me? much obliged.

It's AntFarm's Clambrella. Http://www.daz3d.com/clambrella
  • I could use that in real life! :)
  • Thank you Wayii!  I could remember the exact promo, but couldn't place where i saw it.
  • Thank you Wayii and elynda!
  • I am searching for a normal sweater actually... for Genesis. A big and comfy sweater, something very daily and normal, with or without hood, I don´t care as long as it looks comfortable. :) So far I did not have much look with what I am searching for. I need it to be very casual looking, the textures do not matter so much since I could make my own ones. :)

Here is an example.
  • Did you see the freak 5 big sweater?  http://www.daz3d.com/freak-5-big-sweater

• Oh great, thank you! I never looked for F5 products, to be honest... Sometimes genesis and all the variations still confuse me!
  • Hi everyone, does anyone know where I could find a decent backpack for m4? it could be more of a messenger bag, but it needs to have the m4 included. The only one I have found has been a very rigid backpack that can only be worn on both shoulders at the same time and just looks quite unwieldy.
  • I assume you found this one: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=85844

I'm afraid I don't know of any other. Lots of bags here and there, including free ones on Rendo and ShareCG, but usually they need fitting and adjusting.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • I wonder if Nan will see this question as a challenge?
  • surochek said:

I assume you found this one: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=85844

I'm afraid I don't know of any other. Lots of bags here and there, including free ones on Rendo and ShareCG, but usually they need fitting and adjusting.

Yes, thanks hun, that's the one I was talking about, oddly enough that seems to be the only backpack I have found in the mainstream. Honestly I would love to get my hands on something like this. http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00gvkaRZdqfocM/Triangle-Backpack-WD-7F21-.jpg
  • Right, so, I am looking for a realistic looking panda. Web searches threw one up at re do but the product is no longer available and the vendor did not react to a message. Can anybody help?
  • The bast I can think of is to get a bear and re-texture it. I can't find any pandas either.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!