3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Fantasy
  • Sorry for being rather silent at the moment. I buried my cat last monday. A sad sad story.

But then I have created this one, maybe you like it!image
  • Ah, and I made a merman! There is only mermaids out there, so why not! :D

• Mavrosh said:

There is only mermaids out there...

Google "Eric Ducharme"

Images

His Website

Note:  His website has a rather nice collection of merman/mermaid images made with his tails by a professional photographer.  Follow the "Gallery>Photos" link from his main page.
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • {{hugs}} My condolences. I still miss Cat and he's been gone nearly three years now.
  • i like the goldfish. :)
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • oh, i posted, then the page changed... and there was the green merman. i like him, too :)
    these remind me of the blue one i thought was a mer a long time ago on here.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • ...condolences on the pets, both of you. hugs. i still miss all 128 of my old cats...
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • I did an art trade with Sandy Dee Dee- she wanted an oriental assassin.  XD  image
    deedee's oriental assassinsm.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 355K
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Cool! But an art trade? That's even cooler!
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Very nice. :)
  • Guess it is fantasy, could be noir, not sure...
    Ginger-Elf-bear.jpg
    1986 x 1068 - 463K
  • Either one would work. Looks good. :)
  • Love the lighting and the character, Raetjor!  Only thing I would change is perhaps lower his eyes just a tad.

That skin tex is fantastic too.
  • Thanks guys. Glad how he turned out.
  • this is a photo i took of a diorama, superimposed over a simple box shadow made in daz or bryce 5, in 2006. i painted the special effects with ulead by hand, well, by mouse, using a 10% transparency. win 2k, monitor was 800X600. i have not done any dioramas since artzone was killed, and very little art, period. i thought i would share this because it was fun when i did doll repair and miniatures. title is happy hallegoween. madame natalia takes the children through the haunted house in the voodoo shop. this is in my ongoing story saga i have been writing for years.

happy_hallegoween2.jpg
    800 x 544 - 59K
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Ooh, that is so adorable! Yay for miniatures!
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Good use of them too. :)
  • A fantasy piece I was piddling with.  image
    amused.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 448K
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • He looks mighty calm for lounging on what looks like COLD stone! Brrrr. Must be an Ice Elf. A very lovely one, too!
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Or he's far too amused at whatever he's watching to care?  LOL Thankee!
  • Or both? Nice work. :)
  • Thank you!  Probably both.  lol
  • I'd read the story right away behind this illustration. It's right out of my favorite folktale books.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Very purty- well done!
  • An old one, prolly shared it already, still chuffed with it and it has a special place in my hard, so I'm going to inflict it on you. Drunk and somewhat emotional.iimage
    image.jpg
    640 x 1136 - 144K
  • The Dwarf has Mail! (Of several sorts, I'm sure.)

You should be proud of him, Raet.
  • I'm worried I might meet him. Yes, you should be proud.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • suro, thank you.
    grim, he's pretty.
    zaa, neat storybook render.
    raet, too funny.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • oh dear, drunk texting...somebody should confiscate my phone...
    Thanks guys, yeah, he got mail but at least he ain't sleepless in Seattle.
  • Oooo well done.  :)
  • I think so to but my opinion may be a bit biased. :)
  • Really, Terre, it's everything about it.  The colors, the sense of motion, the strong harkening to old scifi novel covers I'd snap up rabidly whenever I could..  just well done all over.  :)
  • Yes. You got it. That sums it up. Makes you want to have a story.
    Suspiro ergo sum.

Sculpted that trident in zbrush, pretty quick and dirty job.
    image.jpg
    1540 x 794 - 452K
  • Fabulous! In many ways!
  • Thanks guys/gals. I had fun with it. The splashes help a lot in making it more dynamic.
  • Sure do. Man, that guy's in trouble.
  • Holy shit, Raet.  That's epic.  In the OLD sense of the word.
  • Thank you, Wayii.

While on the subject of epics, for the last half year I've been involved in a bi-monthly(ish) Pathfinder campaign.
    Here is a group shot. We got an elven druid, a barbarian, a half-orc paladin and my own elven magus (spell sword kinda thing; magic and melee capabilities, just very flimsy, lol).
    Not entirely happy with the picture, as I feel we blend too much into the background, so some suggestions here would be appreciated. Probably should try for some edge blended or rim lights.image
    image.jpg
    1540 x 794 - 408K

• Mavrosh said:

Sorry for being rather silent at the moment. I buried my cat last monday. A sad sad story.

But then I have created this one, maybe you like it!image

Mav, I love this guy. His outfit looks like it is one by Xurge, is that right? Actually, need to chat with you about your dark elves.
  • I beg everybody's pardon should this be a necro post.  This is my Pathfinder character Raegoril. He is a magus, or frontline battlemage if you want, capable of sword and sorcery.

IMG_1658.JPG
    706 x 530 - 270K
  • going to attach the story of our adventure so far. tried copying and pasting it in but I would have had to spread it over several messages, so thought I just attach the word document instead. it's a WIP.
    Oh Katapesh.docx
  • Spreading over several posts is cool. Especially if you illustrate it. ;)
  • I shall endeavour to do so. Won't be easy. Kinda require a panda...

• Panda?
    :P

Children's Valentine2.png
    1200 x 1200 - 650K
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • condolences on the cat. i'm sorry. what format is that file and what reads it? i only have notepad and wordpad.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Lol, not that kind of panda, a more realistic one. Our elven Druid has a panda as a familiar/animal companion.
    As for the word file, it's Microsoft word. But no worries, I shall make more illustrations and post in instalments.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!