3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Fantasy
  • Stepping in to post my latest one... I promise I will be back soon and have something to say again... at the moment I am just so super busy with my real life...

~

"Being the weapon master of his house, he also had to fight in the arena... to show them that he is their best choice for this position."

I know, the blood could be better... but it could be worse as well and I decided to keep it as it is for now. :)

• ~ The elven girl ran to him, not caring about his black skin or the blades in his hands, and she threw her arms around the slender body of the Helmorui, who would have expected everything in this moment - but for sure not a crying child...

"They are all dead, kind Sir... Please help me...!" ~

• Now that sound like a good intro to a story. :)
  • Uh oh. Well, it could be a short story if she was one of the targets... but I'm going "awwww" and hoping not. :D
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Me too. :)

• Nanobot said:

Uh oh. Well, it could be a short story if she was one of the targets... but I'm going "awwww" and hoping not. :D

Haha, aww, no. Actually there has been a picture before this one, showing him taking a shower in the first rain after a drought while traveling... this is why he is shirtless. While doing so, all the sudden this girl ran up to him... and well, yeah, you can see what happened.

This is part of the story for this character and actually he took the girl back to the group of traders that he was traveling with back then. They took care of her and brought her to the next big town on their route. her family had been victims of bandits btw. 

• Meet Yareeva. More of him to come soon. :)

• Intriguingly tufts.
  • Very unique on this one, Mav- I really like the coloring used with him as well.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Interesting.
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • Interesting looking character. Looking forward to more of him. :)
  • GRIM said:

Very unique on this one, Mav- I really like the coloring used with him as well.

Me too. I like his expression, too. Mischievous of the fell kind -- an ordinary human might not survive the night.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Agreed. The tufts and colouring are lovely. Not so sure about the markings on his chin and hand though. I realise they are part of a pattern all over his skin, but in this pose they look kind of out of place.
  • i agree with dyla. the beatnik goatee just does not compliment
    his neat green mohair like eartufts and his eyes and coloring.
    he's pretty otherwise :)
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • This was a piece I did as a prize for someone on dART. She wanted a picture of her character Eleanor (who can transform into a raven and visit other worlds) surrounded by ravens. I used Sean's Darkness as a reference for the pose although it isn't exactly the same camera angle.

The ravens are photo stock images which I placed onto planes in the scene with normal, specular and trans maps and then rendered them with the rest of the image. I also did more postwork than usual on this one.
    imageOriginal render
    RavenDarknessFoggyBackground_WM.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 628K
    RavenRender.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 578K
  • Very nice work there.
  • Like it! Very well done, Dyla.
  • Thanks LT :)
  • wow, great job!
  • Beautiful! <3 Ravens. :D
  • Thank you :)
  • Holy crow...:)  Great work.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • And....I'm slapping a Vic in here just because.  XD  Flight.  Something different...on a few levels.image
    Flight.jpg
    1000 x 1020 - 449K
  • Vic 'n Escher! Cool! :)
  • Thank you!  I hoped it'd be different enough to be interesting, even if it started out as a test.
  • In my experience sometimes tests turn out more interesting than planned things. LOL
  • Cool! I like it.
    Assassin and his Mark sm.jpg
    900 x 675 - 324K
  • Gil: Golden Oni

Oh no! Someone threatened Gil or one of the Gotth troop that he lives
    with. Gil is normally a pretty mellow soul, but challenges brought out
    the monster. I always show him as sweet--here's the flip side for you.

I've talked a bit about my rendition of the Chidimbasi Oni--one of the
    Rakshasa nations. Traditional folkloric Oni are often portrayed as
    bright red or blue skinned. Some have horns; most have tusks or fangs. I
    think: what would the original look like? Well, more human, less flashy
    for the most part.

Gil is from the one clan of golden-haired Oni, the Pelu, who have paler skin and eyes than most as well.

Oni males have the extreme (purposefully bred-in) transgenic
    characteristic of horns and very tufty ears. The women are not nearly as
    tall, and their ears are generally not so tufty. They lack the horns
    and have much smaller fangs. Most could pass for Gaian (that's us) on
    the street.

Better check on your neighbors. You never know.

Production notes: My M4 character with Grand Master (Young
    Knight/Scarred) skin and EZskin2 applied in Poser Pro2012; Surreality's
    Fantasy Eyes (RDNA) and Willow Jewels.
    Gil-bitey1.jpg
    1515 x 1700 - 496K
  • I just love how you've given us an insight to the 'beast' inside the usually gentle and calm Gil.  This is fantastic.
  • I agree. Hadn't noticed the purple eyes before.
  • Damn. He's usually so cuddly. Tread softly around him.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • surochek said:

Damn. He's usually so cuddly. Tread softly around him.

You couldn't tell from this picture, but the only thing that would put him in a "state" would be a serious threat to his people or his territory. He's a very reasonable fellow otherwise. ;)
  • GRIM said:

And this is real cool, too!
  • Gil is awesomeness, plain and simple.  *Grin* and thank you!  I was rather pleased with it myself, after struggling with the damn pose for an hour and a half.
  • For those who use D/S4 here's a new sub-dragon texture set: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/da-dragon-skins-blue---daz-studio/95680
  • Rangerimage
    Untitled-1.jpg
    1500 x 700 - 450K
  • Dar, I love what you've been posting! That new compy is being good to you. :D
  • It sure is! :)
  • Thank you!  I <3 my compie.  :D
  • Mikhail in armor engaged with a Dinokonda. Scene set up/render in Poser Pro 2010, background set up/rendered in Carrara 8 Pro, post work in Photoshop.image
    Stand off sm.jpg
    1176 x 1200 - 381K
  • Interesting critter there.
    Looks like the armor has skulls almost everywhere you could fit them! :)
  • The weapon too! :D
  • Like this a lot, Dar. Great scene. 
  • Thank you very much, LT!  How've you been?!
  • Doin' okay. Still dealing with a lot of stuff relating to the move and the (progressless) reno. Work has been keeping the rest of my time pretty busy. Trying to push some artification out now. :)
  • I'm glad you've been busy though- the alternative isn't so grand.  Besides, idle means trouble.  With me, anyway. ;)  Can't wait to see what you're artifying!
  • Creativity hasn't been at an all time high, so it's just another X-folk image. Trying some different techniques with it. At least that will be a change. :)
  • Ooo.  I really l like your X-folk images!  As for creativity issues, when I start playing around with new techniques (Example: photomanips) that tends to jump start ideas for new pieces.  Maybe it will do the same for you!
  • Did my own version of an Elder Scrolls battle mage armor.  Paladin and Paragon armor upper parts, The Mage robe for the skirt with Wayii's hedge mage texture (hid the upper body and sleeves), Lockwood pants, and  Wildenlander boots.  Harness was from the Alchemist outfit.
    BattleMage.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 513K

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!