3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Fantasy
  • My take on the legend of Phrixus and Helle (and the golden ram).
    Posting as I made use of Nan's rams horns. Ta muchly :)
    Used the LookAtMyHair plug-in to make the fleece and Marvellous Designer for Helle's peplum.
    YellowFilterPSP DMr.jpg
    1200 x 927 - 961K
  • Very cool- I love the poses and lighting especially.  Great render!
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • dylazuna said:

Beautiful characters Grim. Good luck with the competition :)

Thanks!  We'll see.  LOL
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Thanks Grim!
  • That picture is lovely, dylazuna. Really impressed with your furrification and MD output.
  • Thanks Raet. I was quite pleased with the ram myself as my attempts with the Mil Cat have been less successful.

How you doing?
  • Chilling at the moment. I'm at my folk's place on holiday. Enjoying the sunny European weather for now.
  • That's good.
    Whereabouts? We have friends who live in Moos, Baden-Wurttemberg near Lake Constance.

Temp in Malta is close to 30c. Humidity 60%    I hate humidity. It will get worse !

• I'm in Dortmund, Nordrhein Westfalen, about an hour north of Cologne and an hour to the east of Düsseldorf. Annoyingly, i didnt manage to get here before Nano headed back, otherwise I would have made sure to meet up with her.
  • Nice illustration, dyllazuna. :)

And yes, Raet and I just missed.
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Thanks Nano.
    Raetjor said:

I'm in Dortmund, Nordrhein Westfalen, about an hour north of Cologne and an hour to the east of Düsseldorf. Annoyingly, i didnt manage to get here before Nano headed back, otherwise I would have made sure to meet up with her.

No where close then.

Shame you missed each other.
  • Here ya go Nan- XD  Mikhail.  Titled Court Attire.

Mikhail coming from the Court of the Council of Nine to a visitor in the halls. What could bring one to visit, and what will become of the visitor should the reason be decided as inconsequential?  

That will simply be an answer that the Nine will decide.

Court Attire sm.jpg
    900 x 1184 - 320K
  • One body followed Mikhail as he left the Council of Nine and their bickering. He had little to no use for any of the Council. There was only one reason he stood within these halls, and he had quietly stepped out of the main chambers.

While not as finely dressed as The Eldest, Nicolae did choose appropriately for his position as a warrior of their family. The flames started to life as soon as he sensed the presence of another in the main entry chamber that Mikhail had gone into- even though the use of such magic is banned while the Council convened, The Eldest's safety was always forefront in Nicolae's mind.

There will be none to tell him otherwise.

Even as he knew with absolute certainty that Mikhail sensed him, Nicolae said nothing. Let the newcomer show their intent. Should it be ill will, there will be very little to sweep up after the flames die.

(I'll do credits later, I'm tired. XD)

Nicolae Court Attire sm.jpg
    633 x 833 - 485K
  • Somebody could be in a heap of trouble!
  • Just posting the WIP here of the next Court Attire- my Gregori, or affectionately called Gi.  Finally got those blasted indigo colored blue eyes where I wanted them.  Yes- that's purple velvet behind him too. XD

blue eyes.jpg
    718 x 767 - 317K
  • Still WIP mode- but progress!

Gi WIP CA.jpg
    718 x 767 - 311K
  • Court Attire- finished.  This one is Gi, Mikahil's brother and Nicolae's cousin.image
    Gi Court Attire sm.jpg
    1700 x 1100 - 436K
  • Interesting looking family there.
    Nice work on the renders too. :)
  • Thankee!
  • That's my color palette here. Lovely.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Nicolae, now beside The Eldest, stood not quite pleased at the sight of the woman that took it upon herself to "crash the party" as it were. The flames, at least, had been doused by a silent request given to him from Mikhail.

For now.

The Eldest will wait to see just what brought this woman on the doorstep to the Council's chambers. A dangerous task on any given day, but this evening in particular could prove her undoing.image
    The Intruder Fin sm.jpg
    889 x 1250 - 324K
  • Nice work, and now I'm expecting any offensive magic Mikhail may do to be ice based.
  • Hmm... now, why is Nicholae all red-illuminated??
  • Orcs ftw! :) Meet Vruk, my recent Skyrim character, recreated in DAZ. :)

He might not be a pretty boy but for sure he is a hunk! :)

• Very nicely done.
  • Thank you! I really had fun working with more many shapes here. :)
  • Nanobot said:

Hmm... now, why is Nicholae all red-illuminated??

I dunno, I think it's the skin tone and the lighting I worked into the scene.  Either way, it does show a good difference between cold and heat, yes?

AND- my new Poser 10, first full rendering of my Gregori.  Called Resting.  (And Mav- glorious work on all postings!)

Resting.jpg
    1500 x 1440 - 2M
  • Awww, love the details here - and his expression :)
  • No fair!  There aren't any good looking Orcs like that in MY Skyrim game.  :(
  • Elynda said:

No fair!  There aren't any good looking Orcs like that in MY Skyrim game.  :(

I tried my best on him. ;)
  • Gregori is thinking of the next naughty think he'll do. Or planning for new roses in his garden. Hard to tell which.
  • Aonair.... one of the villains, you know. :)

• Very nicely done. :)
  • Thank you! :)
  • Nanobot said:

Gregori is thinking of the next naughty think he'll do. Or planning for new roses in his garden. Hard to tell which.

Both, or trying to figure out how to admire Mr. Aonair without getting one of those blades stuck into an eye socket.  XD  Loverly villain, Mav!
  • He is worth admiring all right.
  • GRIM said:

Nanobot said:

Gregori is thinking of the next naughty think he'll do. Or planning for new roses in his garden. Hard to tell which.

Both, or trying to figure out how to admire Mr. Aonair without getting one of those blades stuck into an eye socket.  XD  Loverly villain, Mav!

Awwwww hahahahahaha!
  • There he is, all finished, the demon that I posted in the WIP thread already. :)

• Great hair choice.  Really suits him.
  • I said it before!  Absolutely fantastic!
  • Thaaaank you all! :)
  • Cool! Good work. :)
  • A closeup of him. :)

• Nice details there, Mav. :)
  • Both are absolutely gorgeous.  Excellent work, Mav.
  • Thank you very much, both of you! :)
  • My personal goldfish... :)

• I like!! Very well done, Mav.  He's purty. 
  • Poser 10- this one was a PITA, the system kept crashing after my processes hit over 2 Mil K. Hair painted in post. I know it's lit oddly since I originally wanted it to be a night scene, but there was no way to light it proper and actually see the detail with moon light, especially the blood river. So, I went artistically rather than realistically and said Hell with it.image
    vlad.jpg
    867 x 1300 - 1M

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!