3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Michael 4 Resources
  • Yes it's DS 3 that I'm using. I know I've done it before but cannot remember how. Gah, so irritating!! But thanks Raetjor!
    Wayii; no I'd like to save the morph so I can use it as a character without having to load the same scene over and over again just to use the special m4 characters I've created.
  • Ok so I'm thinking I've asked this before on here, but does anyone know how to save head morphs for later use as an Inj file?

In Poser, don't bother.  Just click Edit>Memorize>Figure, then save it to the library.

In studio, you can buy an add-on to do it, or you can to manually create the files in a text editor.  The basic process for the latter is you zero the figure, then export the head as an OBJ.  Put it in a folder under "runtime" with the character's name, then make a copy of any other poser-made INJ file (such as any other INJ pose for Mikey).  Open the copy in a text editor, and change all the names and folder options to point to your new folder and your new OBJ file.  Resave it with an appropriate name, and it should work.
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • is it just me or is DS not exactly user friendly in that respect?
  • Haha thanks Xaa, and yes I'm beginning to see just how complicated Daz is, but I see what Daz was trying to do. They want you to rely on them for content, and make creating your own difficult and convoluted. Now Xaa when you say text editor, exactly what am I putting into a text editor?

I have poser, would I be able to import a scene from daz into Poser? If so then I could still use Poser to save it?
  • Raetjor said:

is it just me or is DS not exactly user friendly in that respect?

It really, really isn't.

Granted, I find DS2.3 to be the best for making easy-fast basic material files (the more complicated ones are pretty much best done in Poser) but later versions of DS are useless to me altogether and Poser is better for all other aspects of content creation in my opinion.

And that comes from the mouth of someone who traditionally swore by DS pre-Genesis.

Haha thanks Xaa, and yes I'm beginning to see just how complicated Daz is, but I see what Daz was trying to do. They want you to rely on them for content, and make creating your own difficult and convoluted. Now Xaa when you say text editor, exactly what am I putting into a text editor?

I have poser, would I be able to import a scene from daz into Poser? If so then I could still use Poser to save it?

Daz wants you to buy their a la carte, overly complicated developer tools at a markup and then either produce for them or get frustrated and buy their marked up content.

Even during the good DS2.3 iterations, you could not export a das scene file into Poser, though you have always been able to import a Poser scene file (.pz3) into DS.  It has always irked the shit out of me that DS has not been capable of exporting .pz3 scene files.
  • Yep, cannot agree more Wayii. I am really digging deep and I'm beginning to believe that I somehow saved the first character morph I made about two years ago a pz2 file. I still use the character morph today and it works fine. So I'm truly pondering how the heck I did this years ago and not think ahead to save how I did it?!
  • Ok thanks you guys for the help so far! I have finally figured out the path I was originally on. Apparently Daz requires a plug in to make inj/rem files, said plug in can be found here:
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=44444&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Also it is highly recommended by folks I've talked to to purchase Injection Magic offered over at Daz if you're truly serious about making your own characters.
  • You can save dial-spun morphs to head as an .fc2 file--Faces library. That'll do it, I believe. Or as a full-body morph if the neck gets involved somehow.
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Ok thanks you guys for the help so far! I have finally figured out the path I was originally on. Apparently Daz requires a plug in to make inj/rem files, said plug in can be found here:
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=44444&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Also it is highly recommended by folks I've talked to to purchase Injection Magic offered over at Daz if you're truly serious about making your own characters.

OH. Studio! I'm so sorry, I went all Poserish on you. I also recall that INJ-builder thing being the remedy.

Poserish: Yes, an fc2 pose saved in Poser, or just save the whole character to the Character library. (I never needed the Memorize step, somehow.)
  • Just uploaded a free Utopian set for Prae's M4 Zenith:D

Go snag it if you've got the outfit.  Nan did .mc6 magic on it.  =^_^=

http://www.sharecg.com/v/68003/browse/11/Poser/Utopian-Zenith

• After having my nose to those textures for a solid day, I can say with confidence that Wayii manages subtle colors and textures combined with a bold design that is just delightful.
  • Awe!  Fankies!
  • Yes. The number of outfits that would be ignored without Wayii textures is countless.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • I remember when a now ex Daz vendor was doing a WIP thread there were several people who posted that they would be buying the item because Wayii was making textures for it. Before that announcement they were'nt interested enough in the item.
  • I remember that too.  Too bad that vendor didn't turn out to be worth the time I invested in helping them out.  Fortunately for me, there are more vendors like Prae and Karth who are thrilled to see me working on textures for their goodies than there are bad apples like that one.
  • Fortunately for the customers too. :)
  • Terre said:

Fortunately for the customers too. :)

Amen, sister!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!