3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Fantasy
  • Well kit-bashed!
  • That it is!
  • Well done, I agree!!
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • A Firnelf's Farewell. Made for the "Let it Snow" contest
    http://lintu47.deviantart.com/journal/Let-it-snow-CONTEST-340516239 it is entered there in uncompressed form.
     I wanted it to be very mono-chromatic and tone in tone.image
    SindarinWeb.jpg
    1848 x 1306 - 760K
  • Same couple of elves.

Sindarin2b.jpg
    1848 x 1306 - 749K
  • I like the way those two came out.Proof that you don't need lots of bright colors to do Elfin images. :)
  • Thanks, Terre. I was hoping a moodier, less brightly technicolor-look would work. I think it does. And it works for the winter setting, I think.
  • Unless you want to do a holiday/festival scene in winter the muted colors work much better.
  • That's what I thought, exactly. If you look outside this time of year all you see are muted colours , the odd red berry excluded, that is.
  • I love those elves and the muted colours. It really works for the setting and the season... you can feel the raw wind, the cold and the wildness just looking at it. The second is my favourite. I like their enigmatic experessions :)

• Thank you.
  • I hoped that I managed to convey the wind and freezing temperatures as well as a distinct feeling of anticipation.
  • These are both excellent, Raet!
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Thanks so much. It's nice to do something other than burly men in various stages of undress for a while, much as I enjoyed putting that calendar together...
  • LOL! Repetition can do that.Yes, calendars...
  • Nanobot said:

LOL! Repetition can do that.Yes, calendars...

Yes. 12 renders in a short period can get old after a while. If I ever do another calendar am going to spread the renders out and do something else in between :)
  • Cold images... in a good way. Yes, very wintery. Win!
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Thanks Suro. Let's hope I do.
  • "Winter's Watch"

My character Cody, in a fantasy setting definitely inspired by "Games Of Thrones". Overall the image came to me on Christmas
    Eve, but didn't really get started on it til this morning. Render time
    was 30 minutes,and when it was done I realized just how much work I had
    ahead of me. However, with the help of Photoshop and about four hours
    work, I think I really captured the mood I wanted. The fur robe was a first for me. Never have tried to paint in clothing but overall I really enjoyed it. Hope you guys enjoy!imageimage
    winfin low.jpg
    1800 x 1145 - 414K
  • I get cold just looking at that! Very nice and wintery.
  • I second Nan's comments. Brrrr.......... Well done. :)
  • Thanks guys!
  • Really well done, Celticfire!
    I like the snow, but Night Watch or not, this is one tough guy: he'll freeze off his nipples if he ain't careful.

• I've been playing with the poser hair room yesterday. Quite chuffed with this Barbarossa. M4 with Tempesta's Mario Skin, Caleb Hair"(over-painted" with beard texture in Photoshop). Mohican is by Smay, with the same shader applied as my luscious beard, which consists of three different hair objects.
    Hope you like him.
    Made him for a man I love very dearly, so don't steal him, not that you would.

Cory_KingWeb.jpg
    1440 x 900 - 511K
  • Nice gift there, Raet. :)
  • really chuffed with the beard and the over painting of the locks. What is more, he loved it! I'm so smitten.
  • ooooh he is very nice, i loooove the highlights in the hair!!
  • Thank you Celticfire. They were done using the clone brush in photoshop and cloning bits from the strand haired beard.
  • Calm In The Storm

Decided to have some fun with this suit of armor I've had for like forever! I think it's pretty nifty!

Enjoy!
    WINTER2LOW.jpg
    1800 x 1237 - 475K
  • Agreed. Nice work. :)
  • So I decided to finally start posting here! My last one was...MONTHS ago, last year I think. WHATEVS. This one is -right- in the middle of my series, but what the heck, better late than never. In this scene "s%&t is about to get real" between two of my characters, Andaerean and Ettrian. 8|

TheHuntPS.png
    711 x 681 - 622K
    ladyfur: 'in your easter bonnet, with mandrakes all upon it, you'll be the faeriest fella in the easter parade...'
  • For the sake of the one in front, I hope he's a very alert person. That other guy looks quite unpleasant at this time.
  • Ooooooh, puffle, this is very tense ad breathtaking!
  • Really nice frame there, Puffle_huff. The leathers look very good in that lighting. Well done.
  • Really nice frame there, Puffle_huff. The leathers look very good in that lighting. Well done.

I agree. The look on the elf in focus face says it all, whilst the other one is simply oblivious. Love it!
  • Sixus 1 has come out with a dragon for Poser 9/pro 2012. http://www.sixus1.com/store/Dragonz
  • Still working on this one, at least in my head... I quite like the angle and lighting, but the skin texture of the guy on the right, I'm not sold on.
    SlaveMaster.jpg
    986 x 530 - 301K
  • By comparison, the guy on the right does sort of stick out, but it's only because--I'm assuming your fellas have SSS shaders/skins? 

Anyways, the look good so far...so fleshy. X3
    ladyfur: 'in your easter bonnet, with mandrakes all upon it, you'll be the faeriest fella in the easter parade...'
  • The only problem I see is that the guy on the right looks like he's lit differently than the other two. Puffle's comment about the skin makes sense to me.
  • Oddly, that is an SSS shader, it came with the texture, but I don't think it does a very good job.
  • Sadly, not all shaders are created equal. Maybe you can play around with it?
  • Terre said:

Sadly, not all shaders are created equal. Maybe you can play around with it?

that is the plan. It shouldn't be too tricky. If it comes to it I try a different skin and push it through EZskin. That way it'll definitely be in line with the other guys in the picture.
  • You'd have a great pic then. Good luck. :)
  • Speaking of shaders, I just figured out just that...No, they're not the same. I have two or three SSS bases for M4 and I just switch the skins around in the material room and some just look...awful. 8 | 
  • So many great renders!  I love coming in and finding a bunch of new stuff for eye candy.

I don't use EZSkin since I don't own the newest version of Poser, but I've been able to get some good renders/shaders out of the 2010's fake version of SSS.  Been playing with Studio's version of it, too.  That and a better  understanding of the UE helps.  An example- Iain.  Still plugging away at him, but he's closer to releasing than before.  Got a little help on the side, too.

inked back.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 208K
    Iain WG Promo.jpg
    1500 x 1186 - 380K
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • There is a back story for these two. Anna, Mikhail's aunt, had lost four children before they were born and once the family knew she again was with child Mikhail took to the libraries within Bram to seek out a way for this to be prevented from happening to this new child.

In his youth Mikhail had been a studious child, fast to find new subjects to study; languages, military tactics as well as obscure magic that remained buried within the maze of books and tomes. In these he happened upon one possibility- The Oracle.

A dangerous undertaking, the Oracle required payment of a personal nature for her answers to questions those brave and strong enough to pass through the Valley of Souls to seek them. The trip was dangerous enough, and one that the young one decided to undertake alone.

Once the Oracle had given her required payment to the young Mikhail he almost balked. It seemed almost too much. Almost.

In return for his aunt's new babe's life, Mikhail gave a portion of his soul to the witch. A small bit, but to Mikhail the price was a heavy one to give. It was done- with a catch. The babe shall life, but since its destiny had been to perish prior to birth he will not receive his One.

The One is the basis of their sanity, without their other half the magic rips through their mind as they age, tearing apart reality and logic until nothing is left but a dangerous, raging beast within them. The babe will live, but he will live a short and agonizing existence prior to the Hunter of the bloodlines finds him. Once that happens- Death comes. Perhaps a little later than originally planned, but he will be taken.

Desperate on his return to find an alternate ending for his soon to be birthed cousin, Mikhail bore the brunt of his father's rage in his leaving without warning as well as the lack of Mikhail informing of the why behind his trip without complaint. His solitude afterward gave him time to once more visit the scrolls and tomes.

It was shortly before Nicolae was born that he stumbled upon a possibility. Again, it bore a heavy price but to be sure of his cousin's continued existence sans the fate the Oracle predicted Mikhail found the required components to the spell without hesitation.

In the end, the spell worked. Nicolae lived, and without having to endure the agonizing pain and insanity that he had been destined to. The crux of this happening bound Nicolae's soul to Mikhail's- The Eldest would become the Youngest's One.

The webs woven are never easy to unwind, or even follow. Mikhail brought a very distinct talent in knotting them further.

(The background is representative of their Elemental bloodlines- Mikhail is Water, Nicolae is Fire. Though each has another facet into each bloodline, I did not included them into this piece.)image
    Fire and Water sm.jpg
    1648 x 2000 - 417K
  • Ariolas, wearing too many clothes, I guess. :)

A little blast from the Renaissance comes to you today, showing the
    Elven mage, Ariolas Maharasen. Ri, as we affectionately know him, is a
    rather unseelie type, but still, he was and is a sword-bearer, his
    goddess Mahara's husband, once--well, long story. He's an Ancient, and
    one of the last full-blooded Elves on earth today. Founder of the Sophic
    and Hermetic schools of magick...Ri was frequently mistaken for
    Mercury, back in the day. The old boy is wily, puckish in his humor, and
    unpredictable--but very wise, and a fearfully strong magus.

And, for those of you who follow my figments, he's Ian Stewart's
    grandfather. And a dear friend of the Gotth clan. Ri is fond of drinking
    lots of Alex's wine cellar and keeping Alex's grandmother, Dolores,
    both amused and warm at night. ;)

He ain't too hard on the eyes, neither. :D Sorry he's wearing so many clothes, but damn, winter in Saxony was COLD.

Production notes: M4 with my own character, but wearing one of the Jepe
    textures for F4, with EZskin2 applied and probably Sabby eyes. Xurges'
    Renaissance tunic, my jewelry. DM set, with a bit of Kelly Lodge (DAZ)
    thrown in for props. Jim Farris' poseable tome open on the table
    (ShareCG). Hair, magic, and mood added in post. Yes, there is a
    half-eaten apple on the table, as well as an open bottle of wine. This
    Elf has a hollow leg.
    Ariolas-research.jpg
    2126 x 2200 - 474K
  • Too many, yes, but it's COLD as you said.  XD  I love this piece, Nan.  Really do.  It's good to see him rendered out again.  ;)
  • Beautiful details and some nice eye candy too.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!