3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Welcome to the (Concrete) Jungle
  • Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!

We have some snow! Fourth time we've had a white Christmas in 25 years here.
  • Merry Christmas to all! С Рождеством Христовым! And Happy Holidays!

Creche2012-med.jpg
    1250 x 1000 - 465K
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Aww that is cute Suro :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful time over the holidays however, wherever and whenever you celebrate.

December-Card-sm.jpg
    650 x 650 - 204K
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Thanks guys. Both are very nice and much appreciated. :)
  • Out of nowhere...!

A friend asked for this, so I thought I'd share what I made.

Covered toggle switch, one each. Prop with moving switch and cover. Textured & uvmapped. Separate geometry. No readme file because it's idiotically simple: Load the prop from the Props/Cool Tuna/ folder.  Click to download.

• More cool Nan stuffs. :)
  • Thanks Nan, and on another high note, happy New Year's everyone!
    2013.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 1M
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Happy New Year!
  • Hi folks, Happy New Year! I'm having trouble uploading one of my pics which is under 600mb. Any ideas?

Update: got it sorted!
     Note to self and others: do not use grammatically correct punctuation when naming files, computers don't like that!!!

• LOL @ punctuation woes
  • Hehe, yeah. Deposited two: one in other noir and one in the fantasy channel.
  • Good!
  • Can I make a request? LT can you do a pic of Colossus handing Logan a rose?
  • I can see if I can find some time. I am pretty busy and not feeling all that well. I had been working on a Logan/Colossus render, which I kind of abandoned due to lack of inspiration.

Let me see if I can muster energy enough to do that, Raet. But give me some time.
  • You are the best, LT. But really, if you are snowed under, then dont worry about it. bad enough that you aren't well. Please don't pile on more work on my account.
  • I'll put it in the folder of to-dos, Raet. It'll get done at some point. Might be fun to just churn a simple render out.
  • You are a star! :x :x :x
  • Well that was over enthusiastic of my spammy big hands.
  • Aw...A bunch o' love would be good for LT right now, methinks. :)
  • Anyone interested in this competition to win Stonemasons entire catalogue?
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/15430/

Or do you all already have the complete works of Stonemason? :)
  • That looks quite interesting. If you're going for it I wish you the best. :)
  • wow...TALK ABOUT IRKSOME.

HI y'all.  I do live.  

Sendin' LT LURVE.  *Sends!*

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Hello. :)  How've you been?
  • BUSY.  Lemme tell ya.  Well, nah.  That'd just be complaining.  Let's just say life kicked me in the backside one time too many and I'm tired of chewing on leather.

Yeah, that's about right. You?  :D

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Doing allright. Just slowly dealing with the fact that Jim turns out to be allergic to one of the cat allergens that usually arn't tested for. Red is the first cat Jim's ever had who produces enough of one of the saliva based allergens to cause a problem.
    Getting a two year old who's used to kibble to eat canned food as one step in reducing the problem is difficult.
  • Egad. Over 100 spam users applying for forum membership in the past two weeks. Most want to improve our lives through the purchase of Louis Vuitton knock-off. Others think we would benefit from sex or gambling or working at home opportunities!

This is why we don't have open admission here. There are not enough hours in the day to cope with those folks.

Meantime: Good morning!
  • Oi- seriously?  Christ.  GOOD MORNING!  XD  Afternoon.  Evening.  *cough* 
  • Blech.

Good afternoon! :)
  • Blech, indeed.  Good evening! :D
  • Hi folks, Can I apologize in advance forbeing cranky today?
    I don't exactly know what has hacked me off so much but I think it started with last night's parents' night, the text message telling me my cat had pissed on my matttress and duvet, having to buy a new duvet after work last night, and in driving to tesco listening to some idiot woman promoting her, frankly more than backward notions that marriage's prime function is the production of offspring and that therefore same sex marriage was not acceptable. I swear by the time I reached the shop my blood was boiling.
    I slept on a damp, up-side-down mattress which my other half had thankfully steam cleaned and febreezed. This morning I oveslept, rushed out of the house only to get a text reminding me to flip the mattress, so I headed bac, thinking "screw work". On leaving the house a second time, I saw a young, cookie mother wo seemed to think her 8-year-old son should be a fashion accessory molded in her likeness with no concern for the bullying her child was likely to receive. And guess what was on the radio: a Tory defending their new policy of charging people on housing benefit for spare rooms, arguing that if a single parent who has his children three nights aweek would clearly not need the extra room four nights of the week and should probably make it available to his neighbour whose flat is over crowded, or could easily work a few hours overtime to earn extra cash so he could make up for the penalty incurred for having an unoccupied room four nights of the week.
    Suffice it to say, I am livid. I just hope no pupil is putting a foot out of line today, or there will be carnage!!!

(p.s.. I won't have time to set up a render to releave my pent up anger, nor do I have the time to go to the gym or the pool. Please stand well clear, when I blow it will not be pretty!!!)

Sorry, needed to get that out.
  • No apologies needed, Raet.  Trust me, I do believe that was rather polite.  

I would have to agree with you- Days like that when it hits in the manner it has hit you I am best off either not in society at all, or heavily medicated for their safety.  At least *now* I know when I am reaching that point and pull myself out and away from everything and everyone.  Nine times out of then probably not the smartest thing for me to do, but I know if I have that last trigger tripped things will become very nasty, very quick. 

I'mma sending a virtual hug your way!  *HUG*  

• thanks for understanding. That hug did help, Dar.
  • Totally understand.  You should hear some of the rants I usually get going in my head and never put down to paper.  *smirk* Too many would be offended, I think.  Since it did...*HUG* 

XD  You gotta 'nother.  ;)

• @Raet: More {{{hugs}}}
    I hope your day was better today.
  • Thanks for the hugs. Life is better today! And it has been yesterday. Quite frankly if it had been as bad as Thursday I would have wanted to contact customer services to complain, what with it being my birthday today and all ;-)
    Just came across something Stonemason posted on Facebook:
    http://3dartlive.com/2013/poser-expo-runtime-live/

I have signed up for it.
  • Ooh! Thank you for letting us know about that. I signed up, too. The full conference costs actual money, but not that much for three days of workshops. This is a fine idea, given how spread out around the globe the Poser community is. :)
  • Just spent last 9 days in bed with the virus from hell. Started out as a cough and headache with achy joints like flu for around 24 hours, then 3+ days of laryngitus when even swallowing water was extremely painful. Lost my voice completely. Got to the point where I could comfortably swallow again and the chesty cough came back and then I developed a full on 'head cold'. Appetite was mostly nonexistent and whenever I did eat, felt nauseous afterwards. Last few days have been trying to get some strength back so I can stay out of bed for more than an hour without going dizzy. Do not ever want to be that ill again!
  • {{hugs}} I'm glad you're feeling better. People at work have been getting hit hard but not as bad as you did. I also hope you don't have that happen again.
  • *hugs* and yeah! Feel better!

Me, I'm in Austin wading through my late father's personal effects--this is the second pass. My stepMom went through it once to sort for me. So, this is my week for returning and looking at Dad's things.
  • Folks, just a quick hello from me, I feel like I haven't been contributing much in ages.
    Unfortunately I had to say good bye to my cat Friday night. Aged twenty she suddenly suffered acute kidney failure so we had her join the big pride in the sky. Knocked me for six, though, just when I had more or less recovered from a nasty bout of the flu, which is still clearing up and had the generosity to leave me with conjunctivitis. So, the last two weeks haven't exactly been good to me.
    Then I found an interesting email in my inbox this morning. Catalyst Games Lab, the people who hold the license for Shadowrun , the RPG, and whom I had approached about 2 years ago for some freelance work, which came to nothing, asked if I was STILL interested in working for them?!
  • {{hugs}}
  • Thanks, Terre.
  • Welcome. Losing a furry family member isn't easy.
  • hi, terre. looks like linda ronstadt on your link there, nice :)

nanobot, i'm so sorry, condolences.

oh, you too, boris. i hope you get a nice job soon.
    is that really true about the spare room nonesense
    or is that sabre rattling of the nasty torry things?

um... grim, hi, dyluna, chicken soup for the cold,
    anybody i missed... oh, that book thing looked really
    neat, zaa, and it had 59 ratings? good job.

ok, hi to everyone i missed, i'm still breathing and
    writing and it's cold here. hugs.

~^..^~ ladyfur
  • oh, ps: suro, that card was awwwwwww!
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Thanks Ladyfur. Sadly the Tories are going through with the plans. There are lawsuits being filed already.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!