3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Welcome to the (Concrete) Jungle
  • YES!

The Shaderworks Library Manager has just had an update released!

http://www.runtimedna.com/ShaderWorks-Library-Manager-2-UPGRADE.html
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Nanobot said:

YES!

hope it works, ever since I have started using poser 2010 I have problems with getting the pythons to work, they keep telling me they are missing a "magic number".

• Raetjor said:

Nanobot said:

YES!

hope it works, ever since I have started using poser 2010 I have problems with getting the pythons to work, they keep telling me they are missing a "magic number".

The "magic number" is a specific python error meaning that a python script was compiled under a specific version of both Python and the localization, Poser Python, and the version you are trying to run it under is a later version of either or both.

The advantage of compiling a python script is that it executes faster, because it does not have to be compiled at runtime by the python compiler.  However, as I understand it, what you get out is the "machine code" for the script, which calls commands by their raw index number from a table.  When new commands are added to the language, the index has changed, so these numbers are no longer valid.  Thus, the script must be re-compiled for each new iteration of both.  Given that most Poser Python scripts are very short, compiling them is of little real use.  Semidieu's scripts, however, are very, very long, and would be quite slow to run if they had to be compiled at runtime.  Thus, he pre-compiles them so they run faster.  But, when Python or Poser Python changes, he needs to update everything.  This was not a problem from Poser 5 to Poser 7, nothing changed and no new commands were added.  However, poser 8 and poser 9 have both seen revisions to both Python and to Poser Python, with new commands added, new variables added to the protected namespace, and so on.  Thus, the script needs to be recompiled under the new version for it to work.
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • Raet - as usual, Jim beat me to it. Python itself got updated. It basically means that you need the latest version of the script, and thank goodness most of our favorite commercial/free utility-writers issued updates almost immediately after 9/Pro2012 came out.

And it would be Poser 9/ Pro2012, not 2010 that has that issue, right? At least that's what everyone else has experienced.
  • As I remember, Pro2010 had the same issue with some scripts that were written for P6/P7.  But yes, currently, it's P9/PP2012 that is having the issue, and the reason is because both Python itself and the localization, Poser Python, have changed, adding more protected namespace variables and new commands to both.
  • Ok, let me re-phrase: I have tried using the latest scripts but for reasons unknown they still don't want to work. But might be the service update changed things there, too. I did not experience these problems in the poser 2010 release but the latest 2012 version keeps throwing it up.
  • Try downloading the updates for the scripts again.  All the semidieu scripts I have work in PP2012.
  • I do know that the download pages take careful reading. In some cases the OLD scripts were on the same d/l page as the new ones. If you downloaded both and installed the old over the new...well...there could be issues.
  • I have a feeling it has to do with running windows seven : it does not like unzipping things straight into the right folder with poser being installed on the c drive. I will move poser to a different drive, then do the service update, then install the pythons and see what's what. But thanks for the advice.
  • Raetjor said:

I have a feeling it has to do with running windows seven : it does not like unzipping things straight into the right folder with poser being installed on the c drive. I will move poser to a different drive, then do the service update, then install the pythons and see what's what. But thanks for the advice.

OH. You have Poser in the default Program Files? Bad move. No, Windows security hates that.

It's a bit of work, but if you could reinstall and move it to your D: drive--if you have one!--or to a folder outside Program Files, that would solve most of your issues. I have all my programs on my D: drive in a structure identical to what I'd have on C:, and it was definitely the way to go. The init and roaming app data is still on C, and that way, if something goes south (as it did for me recently), reinstalling is a breeze.
  • I have PP2012 installed on my USB-drive, myself.
  • My PP is on the C, but in Smith Micro and not in Programs. It has its own folder- I've found that if I keep it on the external some of the procedural shaders don't show or work correctly? Eh. They work now, and since my runtime is completely off the tower anyway- it's still working 10x better than beforehand.

*flop* I'm tired. I've so much to do before leaving. Though I did have an awesome birthday dinner! Mm. Lobster and Steak with a bottle of wine did wonders.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Happy birthday.
  • HOPPY BIRFDAY!
  • Happy bday, Dar!
  • imageimageimageimageimageimage
    Suspiro ergo sum.

• Happy Birfday! Woooot!
  • Happy Birthday!  Yummy dinner! *drool*
  • Happy birthday!
  • I got to watch the sun go down today. It was very cool seeing the bright orange ball become just a sliver of light then see that finally slip out of sight behind the distant mountains.

I got a pic, thought I'd share it.

100_7821Sml2Smaller.jpg
    942 x 1256 - 420K
  • Thank you everyone! :) Tomorrow, it's flyboi time. I don't know if I'll be able to be around until my return, so if not--- Happy Holiday, New Year, General Good feelings and love and warmth to everyone!

I love the photo- it's a great shot! Thank you for sharing with us MLB!
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • *waves to Grim*

And the photo? Stunning!
  • *sway....* Hey-o Nan! *Cheeky grin!* I may have some really nice winter ones coming up- from what I've hard, where I'm heading has already had blizzard like conditions. I'm half tempted to hire a dog sled crew. o.O
  • And 60 F in D.C. today. Yep, it's Christmas.
  • It's about the same where I currently am. I'm *still* trying to find a car service that isn't going to want me to bend, grab ankles and smile for the five a.m. drive to the airport. Nnngh....I can't take public transport, I'd get there almost a half hour AFTER my plane leaves! I am, however, glad of the two hour layover. I'm bringing my sketch pad and pens with me this trip. Maybe I can find some inspiration while traveling for a piece. XD I did a few years back and had a couple of nice ones come out of it.
    How's the day for you, Ms. Hawtness? *Snag, squeeze*
  • Hawtness? So not hawt. I look like an elder goth hobbit.

Found these, which are cool.

Animated GIF:

Splodey Xmas Ornament:

• Happy Birthday, Dar!  *squishyhug!*
  • Happy belated birthday, GRIM!!! *huggles*

MLB that pic is stunning, :) Thanks for sharing, ^_^

Nan, those are cool! I especially love the ornament one. I love high speed shots, :)

Hi, all! Not sure I updated on the interview? Well, sorry if this is repeated. Over and done, like always, feel like I botched it, heh. But we'll see. They said I'd get an email and/or call in two weeks. All positions open are night shift, but they are 12 hour shifts, which are better. I still hope it's in pediatrics though...

• This is the first update I remember. Good luck. :)
  • Nanobot said:

You can find more images like that from the original artist's website, here:

http://cinemagraphs.com/

• If you like that, you may also find this site of some interest.  Some of the art depicted here qualifies as reality hacking.

http://www.streetartutopia.com/?p=5982

• Have seen the street art and it's amazing! Well, not in person. The photos sure are fun.
  • I love it when people stand on those street paintings and it looks like they're flying over a chasm or something. Very cool art.
  • Zap zap zap zap....

L885467.gif
    500 x 281 - 493K
  • Merry Christmas! С Рождеством Христовым! Froehliche Weinachten! Joyeux Noel! Feliz Navidad!

...just in case I forget later...
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Just off work...having to adjust to the idea it's Christmas. o.O

Merry Christmas!
  • Merry Christmas and happy Hannuka.
  • Merry Christmas/happy Hanukkah or whatever is appropriate everybody. :)
  • Merry Christmas!
  • *suspicious jingling noises*
  • I believe there are some here who use D/S4, right? The gorilla morph for Genesis is out and is free through the end of the year. It will make a great monster.
    Animal gorilla has some problems.

• Some might have seen this already but I find it hilarious.

Ostrich on skis

• Have nowhere to vent right now.... Had a supervisor tell me at work, very rudely, "Yes, they are sick, that's why they're in the hospital." after I was two kids over my supposed max admissions, had some VERY sick kids on the floor and was with a nurse who was brand new in the unit so I essentially was alone and I asked for extra help.... Took all my will power to not curse that supervisor out right then and there on the phone.... Merry friggin' christmas... *cries* I thank God I didn't loose anyone and I managed to keep every kid stable overnight....

*interviewpleaseworkoutinterviewpleaseworkoutinterviewpleaseworkout* *sigh*

Hope everyone had a better christmas day than I did...
  • *hug AP*  You got to be the angel those kids needed, I hope they're bringing in more like you!  And I hope your interview goes well!
  • *hugs* Thanks, GT. Just needed to vent a little. Had yummy japanese food to lighten my mood and it really worked, :) Now I'm just beyond tired but sleep isn't coming for some reason... :-/

How are you?
  • {{hugs}}
  • Here's an image to lighten the mood: clean and fluffy puppy cannonballing through the house after his bath. Dead stop at the treat station because he knows he'll get one at this point, then carrying off his "prey" to the spot where he'll devour it -- with a slight delay to make sure there's nothing else coming.

Cute fluffy puppy is cute.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Awwww! Though I gotta admit I was waiting for an actual picture, ;-P Didn't start reading after a while because I was waiting for it to load, hehehe.

Thanks, Terre, ^_^

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!