3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Welcome to the (Concrete) Jungle
  • Nanobot said:

O. R.

There ya go...merry Christmas.

.........~.~ *CHEWGLOMP* Mmm... Almost alphabet soup...*eyes Nanola's knee.*
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Is there a letter stuck to my knee? *peers*
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.

• Might be another nurb. (^.- )
  • Mmm. Nurbs. That's an "n" and a "u" and a "r" and a "b" which sounds like Knee! *CHEW, gnaw, growl"

Seriously. I need breakfast. *snirk* OH- darwinsmishap is the sn from AIM. I won't be online after a week-traveling. So if anyone here sees me on AIM, ping me! ;)
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Insanity drop. =)

The happy little bush asked the spirit of the air to dance for it, then watched as the clouds danced past, one by one.
    !100_6479sml.jpg
    942 x 1256 - 353K
  • Yanno...I like that. Reminds me of somewhere-for the life of me I don't know just yet.
  • Heh, looks like my end of the desert.  Or... really, a big chunk of it.  
  • GRIM said:

Mmm. Nurbs. That's an "n" and a "u" and a "r" and a "b" which sounds like Knee! *CHEW, gnaw, growl"

Seriously. I need breakfast. *snirk* OH- darwinsmishap is the sn from AIM. I won't be online after a week-traveling. So if anyone here sees me on AIM, ping me! ;)

You got it, punkin. :)
  • Insanity drop. =)

The happy little bush asked the spirit of the air to dance for it, then watched as the clouds danced past, one by one.

That is unreal-looking. Someone with Vue went bonkers!
  • Hi, all. How goes it? :)
  • Wayii said:

/wave Hiyas.

Hi, hi, :) How are you?
  • /me wave
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • GOod evening. Things are going fine here. How 'bout you?
  • Actually just got a bit of very good news, :) Got an email requesting a phone interview with a hospital I *REALLY* want to work in. Still here in the city, but still! Just the fact that I found it has very high patient AND employee satisfaction makes me very happy, ^_^
  • Sending good wishes for the desired outcome there, AP. :)
  • Great news. GOod luck!
  • Thanks, ladies, :) I'll keep you posted, ^_^
  • Wooot! AngelusPrime good to hear. Best of luck on the interview!
  • Best of luck for the interview , AP.
  • Attention! Mavrosh is now on board. Say hi when you see her. :D  And I hope she gives us an update of what she's been up to.
  • Hahaha, here I am. Thank you so much for the invitation! Don´t ask... my last months have been horrible... not kidding about this... which is the reason why I am rather quiet in forums at the momen...
  • Glad you showed up! Welcome aboard. 
  • Mavrosh said:

Hahaha, here I am. Thank you so much for the invitation! Don´t ask... my last months have been horrible... not kidding about this... which is the reason why I am rather quiet in forums at the momen...

OK...but someone said you'd had an illustration published in one of those picturebooks.
  • hi Mav! *wave*
  • Nanobot said:

Mavrosh said:

Hahaha, here I am. Thank you so much for the invitation! Don´t ask... my last months have been horrible... not kidding about this... which is the reason why I am rather quiet in forums at the momen...

OK...but someone said you'd had an illustration published in one of those picturebooks.

Yes! I have had my first publication which is basically the only good thing which happened to me in the last months BUT this is a very good thing indeed.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Erotic-Fantasy-Art-Paul-Peart-Smith/dp/1907579842

Other than that I am going through a horrible divorce at the moment... but now that I finally have found a nice place to stay for me and my son, a better life will start - hopefully!

And thank you for welcoming me everybody! :)

• Congratulations on the book! That is fantastic.

It's good to have you back in the fold, Mav. Best of luck to you with the other difficulties. *hug*
  • Good to see you again, Mav, :) Congrats on the print and my best wishes and good luck in everything else, *hugs* 
  • In other notes, it was IE that was giving me problems with this site.... Using Chrome now and it's not slow and glitchy at all. :)
  • In other notes, it was IE that was giving me problems with this site.... Using Chrome now and it's not slow and glitchy at all. :)

IE is just notorious. Firefox is about the most standards-compliant of the browsers, and behaves well most time. And then they went and did MORE odd stuff to IE. I can't keep up!
  • Mav - Yay, thank you for letting us get a peek at your printing! And knock on wood for a good resolution to the divorce. Been there, man, and I got off easy--and it was not.
  • Nanobot said:

In other notes, it was IE that was giving me problems with this site.... Using Chrome now and it's not slow and glitchy at all. :)

IE is just notorious. Firefox is about the most standards-compliant of the browsers, and behaves well most time. And then they went and did MORE odd stuff to IE. I can't keep up!

Ok, then it must be my computer... because Firefox wasn't working either... :( Interesting. IE used to be pretty decent, don't know what possessed the makers to screw it up like that... 
    But yay! I'm back in business, so to speak, heh. 
    How are you, Nan?
  • Better than in a while. Had foot surgery back in the middle of October, and started back to work week before last--and since a bunch of my commute is on foot, that's not trivial. Man, the hurty was bad but the TIRED was incredible, coming back to work. I actually didn't feel too awful this morning when I got up. Heh. Ask me again Thursday morning!

Anyhow... took some of that time off to study up on my modeling--whee! That was fun.
  • Yes, I'm odd. I study for fun.
  • Nanobot said:

Yes, I'm odd. I study for fun.

Haha, I am oddo too then... XD 

I am learning C4D at the moment... using this at work and I am already doing all the texturing... now they want me to model and to animate... bahaha... as if...

• Wow, C4D. LT has had hands on that...I think? Not me. I got Modo as well as Silo. Silo is much the simpler and more directed at poly modeling. Modo can do a bit of spline work--and Pixar subdivision and weight mapping. Way fancy stuff! Its render engine is pretty nice, too, but not going to replace Vue and Poser for me.
  • I would gladly give a kidney for C4D. BUT...my comp is about at the edge of leaping from that edge, and I can't spare the time to learn. Considering my job has NOTHING to do with art... I'll have to satisfy myself with trying to eek out time to learn what I have while my computer still functions. XD
  • Nan - Glad the surgery went well and you're back on your feet, pardon the pun, :-P Studying for fun sounds, well, fun! Need to get back into doing that... Me no likey night shifts... have I mentioned that? lol. 

I am trying to learn Blender, since the newest build is a WHOLE lot less scary looking than previous ones. I'll be spending my vacation time learning it. Or at least trying to. 
  • As far a programs go here, the more the merrier!

I got started with Silo from (a) desperation after years with Hexagon and (b) from Fugazi1968's nice tutorials. Mind you, Hex was nice, but it's been buggy from day one and, well, it has not been the favored program in the DAZ3D house, if you take my meaning. Silo does everything Hex does, basically.

I also popped for Modo when I could--and that's more C4D's speed as a modeling package. I do like Modo, but sometimes I get stuck trying to do things there, since my comprehension of its toolbox is incomplete. So I bounce things back and forth between the two right now.

Silo's UV mapping isn't bad. Modo's is a bit better. Of course, Roadkill/UVmapper Classic are free, and that's hard to beat. :) Silo is only $159--pretty darned cheap, if you ask me. Don't ask how much Modo was. It's embarrassing...and a bit like driving Daddy's Jaguar. Heh. (If you had a Dad that had a Jaguar, that is...)
  • On the subject of learning new software: zbrush is on my list. Sofar I've tried using it for the odd head morph, but nothing fancy yet. Must learn hoe to model thins in that, as well as Pegasus.
  • For those with Poser 9 and 2012 SR1 is out. http://poser.smithmicro.com/updates.html
  • Oh, sweet. Thank you, Terre. :)

Where would you use the things that you modeled in ZBrush, Raet?
  • Zbrush has been high on my list too, but I still have Vue to learn!!

I know Joe Quick does most of his stuff in Zbrush. His trenchcoat and other tidbits are all done in Zbrush.
  • And yes, thanks for the headsup, Terre. DL'd!
  • Meh. Still figuring out some of the principles of modeling. I can't justify the big-time programs just yet, and Blender has already driven me bonkers a couple of times. I'll have to graduate to Silo soon, though, because I'm spoiled by well-functioning software lately.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • For most purposes in Poser, you don't need the big-time programs anyway.  ;-)
  • Hence the "justifying" part. *want* is very, very far from "gonna get some day".

Like I want a chalet in Avoriaz. And a villa in Nice. Suuure.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Zbrush does save and export as objs which you can easily use in poser.
  • Heh. Hexagon does too, and I got it for free. But it's a pain in the... sit-upon.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • I love what I've seen on Zbrush. That whole ability to just draw mesh topology onto the mesh just blew me away.

Hexagon? Heh, I forgot that I have that.

Blender, funny thing is now that they've changed the interface to make Blender more understandable I have to learn it all over again. LOL.

• surochek said:

Heh. Hexagon does too, and I got it for free. But it's a pain in the... sit-upon.

Hex does mess up vertex order on occasion, I'm told, which is not cool. Silo is fairly cheap and pretty well-behaved.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!