3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
The "I am searching for something specific" thread
  • The title says it all I guess... here everybody can ask for resources that he / she searches but cannot find. Recommendations can go here too I guess... Because so many times I am looking for a prop and get lost. I hope this place is the right one for a thread like this. :)

Like for example at the moment... I am looking for wires / tubes which are poseable... science fiction setting, freebies are welcome of course but this is not a must. Something like those here (http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/razor-rider-universal-props/74074#) but ... poseable. Those here are not, if I got it right. But I am planning on sticking stuff like this into the spine of a character of mine... :) But where to find something like this? I know abour ROns BRushes which have those... but I want them to be 3dimensional... If anyone has an idea or knows something... please tell me. :)

• Great idea for a thread, Mav.

hmm... I seem to think I do have something like that is poseable... but where the heck did I get it?! lol If I figure it out, I'll let you know.
  • Great idea for a thread, Mav.

hmm... I seem to think I do have something like that is poseable... but where the heck did I get it?! lol If I figure it out, I'll let you know.

Thank you! That would be great! :)
  • Not exactly what you're looking for, but this image http://www.daz3d.com/i/galleries/0?id=18555&0  uses Jungle Vines http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/jungle-vines?item=2651
    Maybe with some re-texturing they might work in the absence of something better?
  • Those look quite cool! I will keep those in mind in case I will not find anything... thank you!
  • Natalie to the rescue! Saw this thread while surfing on my nook so stole my dad's comp to be able to post. I actually look for poseable tube thingies. So, check these out!

http://stefan-morrell.com/ This is Stonemason's page. Go to the Downloads link (on the bottom right) and it's the second picture, the Heavy Cable. 

Then there are the RDNA Technophilia ones.

I have all three and all three are great. Hope it helps!
  • While I have the comp, my turn to ask for something, :)
    Anyone seen a fighter jet with a detailed interior? Preferably leaning towards the sci fi genre and preferably for a single pilot?

Thanks! Off I go now. Should be back soonish.
  • Yeah, the stonemanson cable is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much!

(Did you get my note here btw? About the displacements?)

• Ahhhh, that's the one AP! I knew I got it from somewhere. Stonemason has quite a few free goodies on his page. :)
  • I just had a thought. on share cg and in the rendo freebie section they have an easypose tube, as well as a spirally wire with crocodile clip at one end. All you'd then need to do is texture it with one of the textures from fk's dress with the dynamic cords, it should turn it into beady segments, which are not quite what you ate after but a step in the right direction.
  • Mavrosh said:

Yeah, the stonemanson cable is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much!

also try thishttp://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=6590
  • I was looking for a paint brush--as in painting walls of a house--and found a whole PAGE of tool links!

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=177618&flatnum=1
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Ok guys so today I was perusing the Rosity marketplace looking for some stuff Nan suggested I pick up and seeing what else was available, when I saw this advertisement for DM, however, the product used in the advertisement is not from any of their sets that I have, and through years of hard labour I have most of them except the newest one, which it's not from either. Can you guys tell me what set this is from?
    Untitled-1.jpg
    364 x 428 - 112K
  • I'm going to suggest that it's a pastiche of things they've done. Why not write one of them by Rendo site mail and find out?

Oh, and have you checked their 3 pages of products on DAZ3d?
  • Yes I've sent the email as soon as I've seen it but last time I asked them a question it took them quite a while to respond. It does look very familiar but that divider or cage is completely new to me! We'll see then I'll post whatever it is here for those who are curious!
  • OK, thanks.  I really did look at all their promos, and like you, I have most of their stuff, some pose packages excepted, and I didn't recognize it either. I bet it's either new, or privately held.
  • I know! Damn Rosity for teasing me!
  • Ok I just got a response from Danie, she said it is from a piece that should be released tomorrow at Rosity, so here I go burning the midnight oil to wait and see!
  • THERE. See? :)
  • *lies in wait for new set*
  • And trust me, it looks perfect too from that little picture. I can just imagine Fechin with one of his cute slave boys in that setting (hint hint hint) lol
  • And trust me, it looks perfect too from that little picture. I can just imagine Fechin with one of his cute slave boys in that setting (hint hint hint) lol

A seraglio to be abducted from, hmm? a_a
  • Mavrosh said:

Yeah, the stonemanson cable is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much!

Yay! Glad to help. And I responded to the note, :)

Soooo... no one knows of a fighter jet with a good interior?
  • From what I've seen of Jim's searches for vehicles, very few of any kind actually have good interiors.
  • The new DM set is OUT! W00t!
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/dms-dark-legacy/92145

But... here's something us lazy texturers need: STITCH BRUSHES.
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/merchant-resource-stitch-kit/92177
  • Nanobot said:

And trust me, it looks perfect too from that little picture. I can just imagine Fechin with one of his cute slave boys in that setting (hint hint hint) lol

A seraglio to be abducted from, hmm? a_a

*Chuckle* I can think of a few figments that wouldn't MIND that abduction. ;)

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Nanobot said:

The new DM set is OUT! W00t!
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/dms-dark-legacy/92145

But... here's something us lazy texturers need: STITCH BRUSHES.
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/merchant-resource-stitch-kit/92177

Ugh, yet more stuff I needs ze boyfriend to buy.

• Ugh, yet more stuff I needs ze boyfriend to buy.

LOL I know what you mean.  I'm currently agonizing over what's going to make it to checkout.  >.<
  • Well he was a sweety and spent fourty bucks on rosity last for me, getting some things Nan suggested and some new characters for me and the new DM dark set. So maybe next week I'll ask him very nicely lol
  • I wonder if we'll get a coupon, or if the pot o' gold is it for this weekend...?
  • Terre said:

From what I've seen of Jim's searches for vehicles, very few of any kind actually have good interiors.

Ah, ok. Thanks, :) I'll kitbash something together then.
  • Hmm... Turns out my figments have about as much jewelry as I do...

Is there anyone who could point me to a V4 necklace that screams "medieval talisman"? I have one necklace by LadyRhi, but the jewel is a bit small and not scalable, although playing with materials gave it a nice glow. Ideally, a jewel on a chain.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • I could, of course, remember to take a look into the fantasy clothing sets... right?
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • I am looking for an old fashioned grappling hook (with rope attached, preferably, but I can do some mix and match if need be). Seems like something that *should* be out there, but damned if I can find it!

If anyone has run across something like that, please let me know...
  • Found those too. Thanks. Now I need a poseable rope to go with it!
  • No free poseable rope that I know of, rendo has some paid sets.
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • Don't need it free. Happy to pay for good props.
  • I need to find a hindu style crown and a big Indian flower necklace.

Kinda like these...

• n/m
  • Lord Ganesh getting ready for his photo shoot?

• DOH!  I'll find another.

Going to pop him into the WIP area once I get his scene saved.  This one is definitely NOT one of my quick Dash-It-Together-Between-Laundry-Load projects.

• Woah...here's a lady who did the gods as a series of photos--like the one above.

http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/09/the-beauty-and-chaos-of-the-gods/

I'm a Shaivite, so you can imagine this made me gasp:

• That's gorgeous.  Her use of color is just breathtaking.
  • We could really do with something like this...Big sports bags that can hold a child if necessary, that you can open and look into to see some of its contents, be they shoes, towel, swag, guns, you name it.
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&client=safari&q=sportsbag+open+close&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1024&bih=672&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=JTfFT8nMGpPs8QO2gcW5Cg

• Oh! A variety of duffle, hmm? Yes, there is a dearth of luggage, actually.  A morphable squishy bag like that would be a bit of a challenge to do--but in a good way.
  • Hi does anyone have any idea where to find the "Inject PMD" plugin for Daz 3? I've looked for it all over and cannot find it!
  • It was in the old forums, under the maker's own site, so I don't know if you'll be able to access the thread with it from the read-only forums, if those still exist.
  • Another of my friends had  a win32 version, so I'm uploading that here. I offer no guarantees about this .zip file; it's just as I got it from him.
    injectPMD_3017_Win32.zip
  • Yayyy, thanks Nan! I use 62 but I;ll see if I can make it work!
  • Many things that work in 32-bit will work fine on 64-bit win systems.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!