3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Michael 4 Resources
  • The texture template. I'm trying to create a skin for m4 that has scales, and the template for the torso has a resolution higher than the template for arms and head, so I can't quite get the pixel size of my brushes to work just right for scales that fall on the seams. It's been very frustrating, let me tell you!

I´d recommend the same that Dylazuna does... plus a set of high res scale brushes for photoshop: http://fav.me/d3eqokl I used those to create my white alien which you see in the sci-fi section of this forum. :)
  • Yes thank you Mav, this will help out a lot. My biggest pain is getting the seam textures to blend and so far I've been clawing my eyes out. Here's hoping! The texture template guides I'm referring to are from the Daz m4 base, the head template is only 2000 pixels big, but the torso template is about 4 or 5000 pixels big! I've been fidgeting with it and so far no luck. This has limited me to only showing some m4 renders from the front while hiding booboos i'm too tired to fix with hair and clothes or angles lol.
  • Yes thank you Mav, this will help out a lot. My biggest pain is getting the seam textures to blend and so far I've been clawing my eyes out. Here's hoping! The texture template guides I'm referring to are from the Daz m4 base, the head template is only 2000 pixels big, but the torso template is about 4 or 5000 pixels big! I've been fidgeting with it and so far no luck. This has limited me to only showing some m4 renders from the front while hiding booboos i'm too tired to fix with hair and clothes or angles lol.

If the templates you are using are only 2000x2000 then they are not the SnowSultan ones as those are 4000x4000. Try downloading  those ones, link is in my previous post :)
  • (Or resize the templates! You can do that, as long as the proportions are preserved.)
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Uh oh. Idle hands, Devil's work. Look what happened today:

Click the image to download!  (And who's to say these couldn't be fitted onto other figures, too.)
    I do weird things when I'm sick. There are some other materials (tortoise shell, for example) included.
    M4-hipster-glasses-th.jpg
    300 x 300 - 59K
  • OMG LOVE! Thanks Nan!
  • Grabbed with my grabby paws!
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • I expect to see these on your toons, now.  LOL
  • OMG  SRSLY? OMG What a tall order.

Oookay....
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Well, all right.

Rumble at the Train Station
    (Gumdrops Style)

(Yes, those are Nan's M4 specs with her extra textures, too)

RumbleAtTheTrainStation.jpg
    1028 x 692 - 404K
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Weeeheeheeee! *snortle*
    nanofashion.jpg
    688 x 881 - 303K
  • OMG...the dangly earring is just over the top foofy. The rest actually looks fairly normal.

• PS - love the font! What is it?
  • Nanobot said:

PS - love the font! What is it?

Lithos Pro
  • http://fontzone.net/download/LithosPro-Regular/

Part of a package of freeware fonts that Microsoft released into the wild several years ago.  It's an adobe font, but don't go to adobe to get it, they'll charge $135.
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • $135 for a font?!?!  I'm seriously in the wrong business..  (customer service, bleh)

Wow, those glasses look cool, definitely snatching those up, too.
  • LOL, those glasses on Rumble.  :)  So cuteeee!  *dies*
  • DAGrant said:

$135 for a font?!?!  I'm seriously in the wrong business.. 

Fontographers usually don't make much money, unfortunately.  That's just what Adobe charges.  Most fontographers charge a lot less.  And sell a lot less, too.
  • Incidentally, if you're in need of more fonts:

http://www.dafont.com/

Largest collection of free fonts I know of, very easy to navigate the site.
  • Actually, $135 is cheap for a font. I know most people are not accustomed to buying fonts, but in my industry (graphic design), it's status quo. Font foundries like T26 or Hoefler & Frere-Jones (the people that make 'Gotham', which is one of my fave fonts), charge upward of $300 for the family (single font, but multiple weights and styles – ie. bold, italic, condensed, etc.)

Before I got into design I was of the same mindset (fonts should be free!!!), but once you are in the industry, you quickly realize you need to own anything that you put out there into the public or you stand the risk of litigation. In the end, it is not worth not owning! Plus, making a beautiful font is a lot of work.

And Jim is right, Dafont is where I go for some rather nice display fonts that are free to use. One of the better free font sites on the net.

• Meant to add – private users stand less of a chance of litigation, as they are not as likely to be noticed by the font makers, whereas people in the design industry are under their scrutiny. 
  • Seconding LT's bit on design and having properly licensed fonts. T-26 has made rockin' fonts for ages! My favorites, a lot of them.
  • Oh I saw him!  I'm currently trying to calculate how much I can spend to see if I can pick him up with a few other things that are in Rendo's big Pot O Gold sale.
  • Heh. I liked his worn face, but his throat and hands don't match that nice face, so I'm on the fence about him--because I'd have to borrow displacement maps and such from other characters. More work.  >_<

But Wayii puts gloves & full armor on a lot of her fellas, so that wouldn't matter so much, I guess.
  • I'm still contemplating.  His face looks REALLY good and I know her skins and morphs are usually very good stuff, however, I only have so much to spend this month and there seems to be a good bit I actually want that's on sale (as well as one hair I'm still waiting to hit sale...).  So I have to think about it harder than usual.
  • Yep. I think she nailed the face!  I like that she's been working on more worn characters with a lot of mileage on them.
  • Azazel's sure has a toothy grin with those sharpies!  I like the buildup around the horns.  Makes them seem more natural.
  • Good news on the boots--they're pretty good lace-ups.
  • Hmm..can't wait to get home and see if I can dl that. XD On a side note................Metal Monkey! I found eet!
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Metal Monkey??
  • Mmm...yus. Though there had been NO time to even sit at the computer this weekend (again) to even download this little guy I had to get him when I caught sight of him. I don't know what I'm going to do with him, but I have SO many ideas. Little ones. So far. *sigh* Though I will not spend the time I finally got to have with Mark for time at the computer. I can't say how much I miss him even if we see each other every day.

*Cracks knuckles* MONKEY! http://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/itemdetails/?item=10786
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • LT's Textures for the M4 Dress boots are done! (copied from his post in "Makin' Stuff")

Here's the link:

Go ahead and nab them. :)

Hope you enjoy guys!

• Thank you, Terre!
  • Welcome. :)
  • Oh yay!  Thanks LT!
  • You are most welcome! :)
  • LT, they're fantastic.  :D  Thank you.
  • Glad you like them! I hope they prove useful. :)
  • Holy crap- LT, those are beautifully done.
  • Yeah, and you're making me do presets of a whole stable of characters who were only supposed to be one-offs.

Just because I have to play with this one whacky idea... All your fault, LT. And Nano, too. All youse faults.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Heh heh heh... We is ebil.
  • *sigh* I knew that. I keep being ambushed by the scope of your ebilness.

<back to character creation> 3D life is so hard...
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Hey, at least our ebilness is free! Free ebilness for everybody! *showers people with extra ebilness*
  • /has an ebil baff.
  • I must confess that free ebilness is artifyingly inspiring.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • err... baff??? I know not the meaning of this word...
    Suspiro ergo sum.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!