3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Michael 4 Resources
  • Right now, the best collection of links is actually at: http://m4lists.wikidot.com/start
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Hm. I think you're right. I don't think I have more than what's already listed there at home, but if I find some I'll post them too. ;) Thank you, Nans.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • And we'll start a list here of new things when they pop up. I'm not sure how well they keep up with it there.

• I'm sure everyone has seen/purchased most of these, but can't get any better than Xurge for nice, detailed outfits.

• I'm sure everyone has seen/purchased most of these, but can't get any better than Xurge for nice, detailed outfits.

Xurge is full of win.  I just wish he'd do something for Antonia.  :(
  • Contact him perhaps? He seems like a really nice guy.
  • Say, did he design the outfits for assassin's creed, and crisis or is his stuff inspired by the games?
  • Probably the latter the way things have been going. Tons of movie and game inspired stuff going on sale or as freebies in many places. Hopefully he made enough changes to be free of complications.
  • Yes, there will be long pants like these shorts. I'm going to do some shoes, next, since I am very tired of staring at crotches.

Here are the shorts! I'm not a fabulous texturist, but it's got a starter set of six colors and a template. Both PZ2 and Materials collections for changing colors. Click the picture to download.

• I have!! Now I just need to USE! :D
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Snagged! They're fantastic, :) Have NO idea where and how I'll use them, but they're fantastic nonetheless, :D
  • Hey, it's free. Doesn't matter.
  • *huggles* :D Thanks for sharing.
  • Welcome. More stuff coming. ;)
  • Thank you, thank you, thankyouthankyouthankyou! *Imagine, fi you will, a sing -song voice coming out of a guy that really shouldn't...ever...do one.*
  • :D
  • Snagged! They're fantastic, :) Have NO idea where and how I'll use them, but they're fantastic nonetheless, :D

LOL Going to toss them into XD4 and pray it spits out adaptions for Slon, Fon and Antonia.  Hee hee hee!  Oooo.... wonder if I can fit them to FemaSu.... hehehe I'm such a weirdo.
  • Oh! Those are excellent ideas. :D  *imagines Slon in sexy shorts with a package on 'em*

A girl version would be nice, too. :)  They're sort of like Lederhosen. Everyone can wear them.

Lederhosen...image  For Nursoda characters....!
  • Actually, there are traditional lederhosen knee britches that are really interesting

Who knew? http://www.mylederhosen.com/en/sven-bavarian-lederhosen-p-90.html
  • Oh those are pretty!  I'd wear em if they came in my size. Bet they'd be hawt with New Rocks and a big 80s style shirt.
  • Yeah! They're almost eighteenth-century. Hell, the *are* probably. Would be good with Gothic, of the Romantic, not so much bondage sort.
  • And hey, Dar/Grim asked for some good Goth boots! Hey, I feel an outfit coming on...
  • Heck, I want these for ME.

• Leather knee-britches with ...

image  Oooooh. Massively stylin', Wayii. Thank you for the idea!
  • :D

I've always had a way with vintage Goth-Industrial inspired fashion.  That first boot image is the model I own.  They're shockingly comfortable once broken in, though rather heavy (nothing about them is cheap or flimsy and you feel it when you take a step).

One note though-- these are Spanish made boots aimed at Industrial scene folk, which means that the higher boots will not fit a broad or heavily muscled calf well and may require some work with saddle thread and a heavy needle (as well as some good leather scraps) to extend buckle tongues far enough to get your boots fastened above the ankles.
  • I thought they were familiar. See me flattering you with imitation! I don't think I'd wear the knee-boots, since I look ridiculous in tights currently. But the others--under pants! Yes!

Are they leather or vinyl? I do better with leather.
  • PS - the leather knee-britches + boots is what I'm contemplating modeling! And separately, as in, two separate items.
  • Nanobot said:

I thought they were familiar. See me flattering you with imitation! I don't think I'd wear the knee-boots, since I look ridiculous in tights currently. But the others--under pants! Yes!

Leather.  Good bike-quality leather.  Mine are over 8 years old and still in great condition after hard use.
  • Wayii said:

Nanobot said:

I thought they were familiar. See me flattering you with imitation! I don't think I'd wear the knee-boots, since I look ridiculous in tights currently. But the others--under pants! Yes!

Leather.  Good bike-quality leather.  Mine are over 8 years old and still in great condition after hard use.

And now I know what my next pair of shoes will be. :D
  • Damn. I need an alter-ego.

Hm... Think those boots would work on horseback? Because I'm not going to learn to handle a motorcycle and they'd look silly on my little red bicycle.

Which Daughter #1 keeps trying to appropriate.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Nanobot said:

PS - the leather knee-britches + boots is what I'm contemplating modeling! And separately, as in, two separate items.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH! *squeals*

Erm... sorry. Back to scheduled programming. 

Someone needs to make not so unflattering scrubs and ugly shoes (I'd wear those boots.... >_> <_< )... and hospitals need to pick better colors.... I mean, lavender!?
  • Masha, you wouldn't want all that metal cruft next to the poor horse's sides, and the heel may be too minimal to really stay in a stirrup properly.  There's a reason Western boots look like they do!

Who needs a motorcycle?? I walk. Or ride a train. Or ride in a car.

AP - that's right! You like urban assault boots, too! Heh.
  • Hah. Good point about the metal. That's what happens when I think "looks" and not "practicalities".

Looks like Daughter #1 has been a bad influence on me.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Nanobot said:

Masha, you wouldn't want all that metal cruft next to the poor horse's sides, and the heel may be too minimal to really stay in a stirrup properly.  There's a reason Western boots look like they do!

Who needs a motorcycle?? I walk. Or ride a train. Or ride in a car.

AP - that's right! You like urban assault boots, too! Heh.

The heel is actually deceptively deep.  Which is good, because they keep my feet on the pegs when my brother-in-law hits a bump and bounces the back unexpectedly.  With gel inserts, they're not bad on long walks or dancing at Industrial clubs.

The downsides to them are that most offices won't tolerate them and they take a bit of getting in and out of (lacing and four non-decorative buckles -- no zips can be a bit of work). 
  • Yeah, but they're authentic. Good to know about the heels and inserts--I'd have to have the latter, given the foot surgery.
  • Nan -- something VERY nice for M4 by Mamomamo -- http://blog.goo.ne.jp/mamomamo_2007/
  • Wow! That sure is nice! Great jacket! *admires*

And...figment torture commencing once more...the damned boots are rigged and uv'd and everything.Whee! Now they need a few morphs to fit the common figure styles.

dress boots 3.jpg
    629 x 662 - 31K
  • Gorgeous!  They look a bit like one of my favorite pairs of boots from the 80s... mine were full black leather with a row of five steel bat buckles up the foot to the outside ankle.  So very sexy with black straight-legged punk pants!
  • Wayii...O.o  I had the calf-high ones with the skulls. 

* DEAD *

Those, Nan, are abfab.  *Has been watching a little too much Foamy lately*  I can't believe how quickly you've gone through these!
  • Well, they lack the buckles. OH NOES, I need do do some with buckles--but those will be part of my Goth Footwear project. To go along with the Goth Clothing. Wayii, Dar, my dears, feel free to contribute images & whatnot. I need resources and love suggestions.
  • Must sculpt steel bat and skull buckles!

• My boots!
  • Ahem. I will send more goodies your way via email. *GRIN*
  • Oooh, goodies!!
  • Nanobot said:

Yeah! They're almost eighteenth-century. Hell, the *are* probably. Would be good with Gothic, of the Romantic, not so much bondage sort.

Well down south in deepest, darkest Bavaria they still wear them at traditional village fetes, along with braces/ suspenders that have a broad strap across the chest and often sports small carvings of stags, which would have been carved from stag antlers and are fastened to the trousers using buttons made from antlers, too.
  • ooh, nice to know the tradition isn't lost.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Meantime, the intrepid zoologist releases the M4 Dress Boots into the wild! Will they survive and multiply? Note the mating plumage depicted. Clicky the picture to download a specimen.

EDIT - Almost forgot!

6 color combos in both MT6 and PZ2 format:
    Plain black polished leather
    Plain gray polished leather
    Black and white (the spatsy ones)
    Gray gothic - tooled lavender-gray leather upper & matte gray leather heel/toe
    "Steampunk" gold & black checks, depicted.

PLUS hide/show feet poses in case the morphs are insufficient.

OF COURSE there's a UV template. Feel free to muck around with my amateurish texturing. :)
    dress-boots-promo.jpg
    300 x 316 - 42K
  • Glee! *bounces in seat*
  • THANK YOU! *Snag!*

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!