3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Do Cyber-Chickens Dream of Electric Sheep?
  • Let's get this party started!

* A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Okay - the non VN comments about the forum software and appearance have been split to their own thread.  Those of you who still have comments, suggestions, gripes, or general thoughts to share vis-a-vis the forum and/or it's appearance, please go here:

http://3d-noir.cooltuna.com/discussion/4/chat-or-complain-about-the-forum-itself#Item_30
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • Aha - okay NOW I christen the VN thread to be open. (if Nano hadn't beaten me to it).

*splashes some Noiry-maleness about*

NoirModerne_Defenseless.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 458K
  • Whoops... is that too big?! lol
  • No worries, just hit refresh, the forum will auto-resize.
  • Incidentally:  Yo, Devlin?  If you put a gun to a woman's chin and she still is coming on to you, just shoot her.  She is either batshit insane or a helluvalot more dangerous than any man really wants to deal with.  This is not a "take her home to meet the parents" gal, man.  This is a "take off your clothes, jump in bed, suddenly discover she always carries a small rope and knows more knots than a troop of boy-scouts, and messy ugly painful things follow" kinda woman.

Awww, damn, there he is in bed with her.  Bad things are gonna follow, I just know it.
  • Bad things do follow! a_a

Working on the follow up to this.
  • Aaaargh!  I tried to tell him, man, but these noir detectives just don't listen!
  • Lemme dig mine up again...

Well, my noir detective found a less likely to have rope and harm dame to walk home.  :D  
    assistance1k.jpg
    980 x 1000 - 167K
  • I love that the FemaSu are generally barefoot...no matter what.
  • Loving the Femasu pic.

Nano, or Xaa, not sure whether these should go into this one or the "other Renders" thread, but here they come any way.
    imageimageimage
    BeautyJPG.jpg
    1833 x 1102 - 416K
    DahliaHanging.jpg
    831 x 1078 - 469K
    DahliaCouch.jpg
    580 x 998 - 349K
  • Welcome aboard, Raet! Those look very cybery and male to me. ;)

One note on this forum software, you can insert the full sized image after it is done uploading. You'll see at the bottom of the frame a button that says 'Insert Image'. Click on it and then submit and voila, you'll see it in all it's glory. The forum software does downsize it after you post (it may not happen right away), but just like the other forums, clicking on it will enlarge it. I've dropped them in for you this time. :D

Glad you dropped some renderlicious goodies.
  • Oh and another note, I am not certain that you'll get notifications on posts. I haven't been able to figure that out with this forum. Nano? Any thoughts on that? Email notifications would be handy, but not completely necessary. I'll let that be your call. ;)
  • Oh and another note, I am not certain that you'll get notifications on posts. I haven't been able to figure that out with this forum. Nano? Any thoughts on that? Email notifications would be handy, but not completely necessary. I'll let that be your call. ;)

[in his best imitation of Nan's voice]

You can enable post notification in your account settings.  Click your name anywhere it appears on the page, it will take you to your profile.  On the left-hand column, click "My preferences."  A popup will appear.  In it, you can set your preferences for notifications.

IMPORTANT NOTE:  You must set your browser to permit javascripts on this forum for all the functions to work.  Such as setting your preferences for notifications.
  • Yep. Did that. Still don't get them though. It is possible that my server's spam assassin is killing them. But I did get them if someone PM'd me, but not if a topic I've replied in has a new comment. Either way, I just come back in an check periodically to see if there's been any activity.No biggie. :)
  • Almost certainly it's your server's spam assassin.  I'm getting the notices just fine, but I have cooltuna.com whitelisted. ;-)
  • I'll have to do that. Just thought of it now, for some reason. It can be a rabidly insane spam assassin. At one point, when we first got this server, it was eating almost all of our mail (legit ones too). 9_9
  • And since I would feel quite remiss not posting an image of my comic book character, Tora, here he is. It's not what you'd typically call noir lighting here, but the comic is very much a noir tale (modernized some).

A younger Tora, hunting 'someone' in the jungle...
    tigers_gaze_Rendo.jpg
    1756 x 2200 - 505K
  • Cool. :)
  •  This is as Noir as I can do right now.
    imageimage
    newKidonThePoster2.jpg
    1200 x 1663 - 485K
  • eeps, delete!!!
  • Delete what?
  • Raetjor said:

eeps, delete!!!

I categorically refuse. What's wrong with that picture?
  • Nanobot said:

Raetjor said:

eeps, delete!!!

I categorically refuse. What's wrong with that picture?

non,no there is nothing wrong with the one I left behind. The other one that I posted along with it had to go though: major case of hand poking through body which I had not noticed before. Will have to fix that and re- render before posting it. For now the ravished elf street worker and the one doing the rope dance will have to suffice (they were part of the same picture as the one with the offending hand).
  • Oh, and wait for it, there will- if the render gods are willing- be a render of Mat and Mitch getting hitched in Kyoto and one of them in their flat witheir son for Christmas ( that one took my laptop 3 days to calculate and still needs to be post worked and fiddled with). Does anybody know how to convince my iPad to attach photos to forum messages?
  • iPad, huh? It's made by the Evil Empire. There's no fixing it.

(said the woman with an iPod and an iPhone)
  • Raet, not sure it would work the same way that the forum is set up (though I am no expert on these matters)... The way iOS works is not the same way that a PC or OSX works, in terms of file structure. The browse function would be looking for a folder structure and I don't believe that iOS uses the same kind, so it wouldn't see it. The most sensible thing would be allowing the user to upload things from the 'camera roll', but I haven't the foggiest how you'd do that with this forum software. Unless the Nano has interest in researching this, I doubt it'll happen. I have a feeling there'd be a lot of hoop jumping involved.

(pssst... my company happens to work for the 'evil empire'...) ;)
  • All joking aside, no, the iPad can't upload using the "browse" function.  To the best of my knowledge (as a non-Apple user), iOS uses a proprietary and totally unique system that saves all files associated with an application with the application itself.  Individual files can't be simply "browsed" for, like with a standard folder hierarchy.  While this makes the iPad (and the iPhone before it) able to more efficiently manage storage space by compacting files in a manner similar to how some mail programs compact and store messages (such as Microsoft's Outlook Express), transferring files requires specialized software, the operating system isn't built for it.
  • Xaa said:

All joking aside, no, the iPad can't upload using the "browse" function.  To the best of my knowledge (as a non-Apple user), iOS uses a proprietary and totally unique system that saves all files associated with an application with the application itself.  Individual files can't be simply "browsed" for, like with a standard folder hierarchy.  While this makes the iPad (and the iPhone before it) able to more efficiently manage storage space by compacting files in a manner similar to how some mail programs compact and store messages (such as Microsoft's Outlook Express), transferring files requires specialized software, the operating system isn't built for it.

Thanks, this helps dispel the mystery.

And LT--yeah, you should know just how Evil that Empire is! :P
  • As promised.
    Wedding2Web.jpg
    846 x 1000 - 394K
  • Awww...that's sweet.

Nice kilt! *want*
  • It's by Ness productions . I think I got from their homepage. It is poser dynamic and comes with the sporran pouch and strap which are conforming. I think it is originally designed for D3 but it works fine with M4 if you scale it up a little.
  • Bless you! Thanks! Now, if only that link worked. I had to go to the Home page and then to Downloads 3...which has that URL. *facepalm*
  • I'll have to cp it into an email and sent it to myself. XD For when I get back. Can't do it awork, yanno. Thank you for the link!
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • You are welcome. It easily is the best kilt out there. Now all I need to do is change the tartan for mor flexibility and a bit of displacement together the texture right. Wayii?
  • Sorry slightly drunk on too many double single malts. Last day of term, you see and it being Scotland I could not resist.
  • Raetjor said:

Sorry slightly drunk on too many double single malts. Last day of term, you see and it being Scotland I could not resist.

LOL! Why not? :D
  • Exactly! Got a few more habits of prelim marking to do and then it'll be Christmas. Bring it on. Oh, made proper Christstollen this year for the first time using the family recipe and it turned out well, plus there is white chocolate and cranberry fudge to go round and a hazelnut, chocolate and ginger fruit cake with lemon icing. Let the merry making commence!
  • *faints from sugar overload just hearing about that*
  • Oh. My. I want to be at your place! That sounds amazing!!!
  • I'd say come over, but the transatlantic flight might make that culinary venture a tad less lucrative, methinks.
  • Mmm.... tempting. But yes, that'd be very expensive fudge and fruit cake! Mind you the company would richen the pot. ;)
  • So, after fighting with this all day, I *had* to just show what I have so far. It's not exactly a 'finished' piece, but I took it to the point that it was at least presentable.

This is Tora's friend and rival, Ryuuji. You'll see more of this guy soon, but for now, here's a first look. Suave, dangerous and vindictive – Ryuuji isn't ALL bad, but you certainly never want to take what's rightfully his.

ryuuji1.jpg
    1001 x 1162 - 613K
  • PS. This makes use of Xaa's kick butt SSS. Tweaked to work with a Japanese guy. The coat and shirt are Cocco's dynamic stuff (with my own textures, tweaked from Tabala's procedurals) and the shoes are Predatron's. The ring is a la Nano. :)

I did a quick spot of post-work on this to add hair and a hint of his tattoo and other minor little touch-ups.

• Ah, feels like home here, like good old VN thread at DAZ. I have not been there for ages... is it still alive?

• Eh, sorta!  HEY MAV! *Snag, hug!* Lovely pic you've given us!
    I wasn't so happy with this one, but I'm sharing anyway.  This is my Iain posing as a thief on the edge of a wall somewheres I think.  I really had no story behind it-it was done a month or so back.
    meh watcher.png
    1000 x 800 - 1M
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Still alive, Mav. We aren't abandoning it just yet, as it still allows others to see what we are doing and gives the chance for new people to grow in their skills and be scouted for this forum. This place just gives us the chance to get out from under DAZ's thumb and their TOS rules. :)
  • That's very cool, Mav! What cyber arm thingy is that? I like how it looks to be pinned to his skin, :)

GRIM - I like your DOF there, :) Very nice.
  • Thank you AP. I love the cyber touch- hadn't gotten a chance to get it from Rendo yet, but I love seeing Nan and Mav use that prop. I can't remember the name of the product, but it's from Daz.
  • That's the Cyberpunk arm??

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!