3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
  • OK, here's the test render. Hammered iron cuffs, blued steel links. All boned, with IK chain so you just pull 'em around, basically. Joints allow you to open & close the cuffs. The bolts can just be made invisible (hey, it's polygons! And they twist every which way! They are NOT easypose, since both ends will likely be anchored. I guess you could just use the body scale to fit legs if you need leg-irons.

manacles.jpg
    943 x 563 - 93K
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • OK, here ya go, guys. Manacles! Unzip to your Poser folder and everything will go in the right places. There IS a texture template, too, if you want to decorate. They use Poser procedural textures at the moment. And yes, the folder structure is Poser standard. What can I say, that's what I use. Your mileage may vary. Do not feed after midnight.

:D

manacles.zip
  • Thanks, dear! *goes off to download*
  • I've got plenty of shaders to use on these, ^_^
  • I've got plenty of shaders to use on these, ^_^

Oh, good. Enjoy! Torture figment happily...?
  • Thanks so much , Nano. I'm off to download and play.
  • OOoo... Thank you!! Can't wait to use them on someone. XD I think I fixed Scion's body issues- re-made him from the base morphed M4 with the dials only.  I'll update it on Share CG and Rendo when I can.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Okay- I updated the files, but for everyone here this is JUST the body injection cr2 file for Scion.  No folders, just that.  Again, doll-thank you for letting me know.
    Scion Body Inj.zip
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Yay, updated Scion. I rendered that bad boy, I hope you notice.
  • Oh, lord, Dollface...  I noticed, and good GOD he's freakin' awesome.  Thank you, so much, for putting that one together!  *Grin* I loved the 'tude, too!
  • That picture got a lot of hits for going up on a Sunday and not being a nekkid girl! Heh. People are so funny. I'm glad you like him. He's about to become a figment, I can feel it coming on. Another grumpy Elf!
  • I had a fit last night and modeled some boxer-briefs for M4. Like we needed ANOTHER set of regular underpants. But really, I miss having the little shorts that Channing did for David, and nobody else has made any that I really liked. Oh well, good practice, and yikes, M4's thighs are REALLY close together. Makes doing mirrored geometry amusing. Those bits keep gluing themselves together.
  • I try to make sure I get a gander at ALL your works. ;) As for becoming a figment? Good! He should be! *grin!* As for the boxers... I can't imagine modeling a pair, I give you Kudos for doing so. I don't remember if I had Channing's for D3. Maybe, I think I remember a piece done with boxers as a "look at this morph" kinda thing a while back. eh. As long as you aren't gluing HIS bits with the boxers! Talk about ow!
  • GRIM said:

I try to make sure I get a gander at ALL your works. ;) As for becoming a figment? Good! He should be! *grin!* As for the boxers... I can't imagine modeling a pair, I give you Kudos for doing so. I don't remember if I had Channing's for D3. Maybe, I think I remember a piece done with boxers as a "look at this morph" kinda thing a while back. eh. As long as you aren't gluing HIS bits with the boxers! Talk about ow!

Heh. No, no hisbits were glued. The sides of the inner thighs...well, if I pulled vertices out of the mesh (as I was going along adjusting) to far and then mirrored the change to the other side, *Voom*, glued. Oops. Go back, fix. *Voom* Go back, fix. So odd. image
  • I think I'll group the shorts and try to conform them when I get back home. :) 
  • ::Snicker:: Very odd, but maybe they LIKED to be glued to the other side? They were lonely? Oh, if I had access to do any of my artwork at work? I'd be fired in a day. XD ..........just give me a job where I can do what I LOVE....damn them. *Fistshake! Drama and all!*
  • Well, we got *somewhere* tonight, at least.

This is the basic model...no morphs yet.
    boxer-briefs.jpg
    603 x 535 - 26K
  • nice looking trunks, Nano. You are getting better and better at modelling things. Got a picture in the works that uses your manacles, hopefullythe WIP will be done when I come home from work. and I'll post it then probably.
  • I like the basic so far, definitely. :) I was too exhausted and in too much pain to sit at the comp last night- I really shouldn't be here at work today either. Ended up not being able to sleep last night, dozed off I think about 3 a.m.? Woke up (finally) at 7:15 a.m.- as my alarm went onto the two hour mark of going off next to my head. I am Ow today. Can't sit right, can't walk right... Ow. Hopefully it calms by the time the day ends- I'd really like to get that idear out. ;)
  • Raetjor said:

nice looking trunks, Nano. You are getting better and better at modelling things. Got a picture in the works that uses your manacles, hopefullythe WIP will be done when I come home from work. and I'll post it then probably.

Yeah, it needs something else. I'm open to suggestions. Zippers up the fronts of the legs? image No, seriously...
  • Oo. Zippers from leg to hip! One way of getting them off, hm? :P Or, if you can finagle it- can these be laced? Either at the sides or up the back?
    .... Wow. O.o >.> *Slow grin* I think Mark may be in a wee bit of "trouble" when I get home.
  • Zippers from the bottom hem to the top of the waist. Easy access!

Laces, that I can do. A challenge, yes! Thank you!
  • Just avoid zippers going up his bulge, we don't want any accidents.
  • Tru da, Raet.  I've done that. OW. O.O 

A small challenge for the likes of our Nanola!!  Can't wait to see what you do with those, dollface. ;)
  • It just needs a fly and some seams and edge details (all of this can be handled in the texture). I can help, if you want. :)
  • ok, here the WIP, I promised... I re-textured Val's slicer robe to work as chainmail (my first ever texturing effort) and then mixed and matched with Xurges Darklord scirty bits which I also re-textured. Originally trhe manacles were to hang off the belt but that really didn't work in terms of his stance, believe me I went through tonnes of poses and still I'm not happy.  But hey, it's a WIP, right.

Sorry for the dimensions, he is humongous. Also, Nan, his baldy head was a request, personally I'd have given him hair or at used the hood of the outfit to create more mystery.
    imageimage
    EgyptRanger_1h5m28s__Michael 4.png
    2496 x 4000 - 7M
    bazaar.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
  • Wow- pretty cool so far, Raet!!  I like the texturing so far, too-and the bald plate. :)  I am still working on the piece I have for the manacles, but in the end it will involve this guy- Jensen. More morphs I'm working on- this one is Jensen. Or, some of his
    portrait anyway. M4 base, ++, Elite and Enhanced morphs used for him.
    Jeremy Elite for M4 and a resource pack for the eyes.

More to come. image
    Profile Piece.jpg
    742 x 645 - 368K
  • Raetjor said:

Just avoid zippers going up his bulge, we don't want any accidents.

LOL - Oh, hell no!  They would go up the fronts of the thighs, if I did zippers. And be lined, sheesh. However, I spent last night learning to do laces. ;)
  • It just needs a fly and some seams and edge details (all of this can be handled in the texture). I can help, if you want. :)

I was actually thinking that a displacement map would work better than geometry, and be more versatile. The codpiece (front bit) IS a separate chunk, part of the hip group as well as on the UV map.

I spent a bit of time staring at the Jockey website and all the varieties of things they have on there--these were meant to be boxer-briefs, and they fit closely, although the folds, which are not nearly sharp enough, tell a different story. Not all of the styles had "pocket" openings, I found; and those look terribly uncomfortable to use, I have to say.

I'm going to put laces on the sides and see how that goes. Would that be about right? And would one not lace from the top toward the bottom?

If I get this sorted, then I'll make some proper shorts of the sort that actual fellas wear in public, albeit probably better-fitted than most of the baggy asses I see by the drove out here in the station.
  • lol- I have a pair that lace from hip to leg, yes. It's not "public" wear, either. ;)
  • I'd say the lacing should go the opposite direction on account of the waist being the larger end of the thigh, otherwise it would be hard to get into.
    On the subject of the "wyrm tunnelling to the surface" personally I prefer not having to fiddle and instead just pull down , so much easier.
  • I usually lace mine from top to bottom only so the laces aren't poking out through the waist if I'm actually wearing them out of the house (don't ask, I won't tell.). If I'm planning on sticking in the house- I'm took lazy to re-lace'em. ;)
  • So, lace ties at the top for you guys? EDIT - Dar, I lace corsets top to bottom, too. It's the polite way to do it.

And looking on line, I did see the fly-laces, which looked...well, not very useful.

Yes, trying to dig sensitive bits out of pants and through zipper teeth never has seemed like a terribly good idea, but then, there's the mechanics of keeping one's pants from falling down if pulling down. 

Man, it's terrible to have an engineering mind that wonders about the workings of things. And damn, it's been about 20 years since I had a gentleman around the house where I could just grab him and ask/experiment.

In return, I shall tell you anything you ever wanted to know about underwire brassieres. *cough*
  • O.o >.> What, that they can be unhooked with one hand if you're good enough> :D :D
    What do you need from me, dollface? Ask and I shall provide.
  • You're hysterical. :D

No, I'm not good enough.
  • Nanobot said:

You're hysterical. :D

No, I'm not good enough.

D'aw,. Yer just sayin'. *Snicker* Takes time. Took me about ten years to learn how to do that fast enough not to get slapped in the face (Read PUNCHED). ;) Now? Have no need to even remember how.
    Ok- time to head out, end of day here. *Hug, squeezele!*

• Egad, you are NAUGHTY, Dar.

Anyhow...a little phoenix reminded me that I should specify that zippers & laces are NOT for underwear! But a closely-fitted mesh like that could be repurposed for fetishy club stuff that's not completely ridiculous.
  • Engineering mind? Is that why my writer friends find my comments hilariously embarrassing? Because I think of practical mechanics?
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Hey, Suro! Yes, most likely. Inquiring Women Want to Know.
  • Apparently, this woman is more inquiring than others... or maybe just more practical. In a prosaic way, at least when she plots.

I don't do it on purpose, but I end up being the straight (wo)man.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Interesting discussion, there, guys. *chuckle*

• surochek said:

Apparently, this woman is more inquiring than others... or maybe just more practical. In a prosaic way, at least when she plots.

You, the Margaret Lamont of Poserdom?  Say it's not so.
  • O.o *Snirk*
  • You couldn't expect someone with Groucho Marx quotes in her sig NOT to wonder that, could you? Oh, hey, where ARE my quotes?...*rummage rummage*

There, much better.
  • I could wonder if you'd wonder! -lol, yer adorbz, dollface. I do appreciate those quotes, though. Marx was one of my favs for many years. :D Speaking of...must go and find mine. WHERE is it hiding?
  • Nanobot said:

surochek said:

Apparently, this woman is more inquiring than others... or maybe just more practical. In a prosaic way, at least when she plots.

You, the Margaret Lamont of Poserdom?  Say it's not so.

I confess I don't get the reference. I am lacking.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Can you send me the template for the boxer briefs? I don't have that in the package you sent me, Nan. :)
  • Here is the full on face shot of the morphs (Jensen)- ignore the hair. ;)
    Jensen full face.jpg
    980 x 1000 - 403K
  • And here is Tyson- ignore the crappy shadows, I forgot to work the AO on the Elite textures with the IBL. *Snort*
    tyson full.jpg
    1525 x 1000 - 305K
  • OH NOES. Cultural gap!

Margaret Dumont (sorry, I borked that up), who was in reality a very smart, fine actress, and about six feet tall (it seems) always played the foil for Groucho Marx and his brothers in their various movies. She was always the straight-woman, the high-society lady, the proper lady. She's was noted as saying that she had an *awful* time keeping a straight face while playing those roles. Groucho said he thought of her as "practically the fifth Marx brother."

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Dumont

Groucho: Oh, uh, I suppose you'll think me a sentimental old fluff, but would you mind giving me a lock of your hair?
    Dumont (smitten): A lock of my hair? Why, I had no idea you ...
    Groucho: I'm letting you off easy. I was gonna ask for the whole wig!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!