3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Nursoda Noir!
  • Mavrosh said:

awwwww :)
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • ps, i screwed up the last reply. the image was in the text box and so huge i was trying to shrink it so i had room to type... i can't figure out how to shrink pics in quoting and replying, sorry. help?

mav, that was a very pretty picture :)
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • ladyfur said:

ps, i screwed up the last reply. the image was in the text box and so huge i was trying to shrink it so i had room to type... i can't figure out how to shrink pics in quoting and replying, sorry. help?

mav, that was a very pretty picture :)

Just reload the page. The forum will resize it for you. Wait, there were width & height specs in your quote. I took those out and then it resized better. :)
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • OMFG I LOVE THAT, MAV! -Anything- with mandragora in it in just...is just win.

It's so adorable. 8D Looketthatcutelittlefacenkkjsdassa /dissolves into baby talk.
    ladyfur: 'in your easter bonnet, with mandrakes all upon it, you'll be the faeriest fella in the easter parade...'
  • LOL!
  • A little eye texture test using Fon.

FonEyeTest.jpg
    565 x 800 - 381K
  • Nice. :)
  • elynda: i like him or her :)
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • i guess it's a him since i didn't use the female morph :D  Not peeking under the tunic!
  • Slon likes Nan's new Mikey Vest too.
    slonkitteh.jpg
    688 x 881 - 429K
  • Cool. :)
  • He looks quite dashing in it too.
  • OMG! That's awesome! :D
  • How cute is that?
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Magic Book
    MagicBook-800.jpg
    800 x 600 - 178K
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Ooooo! Nice addition to the images here. :)
  • I love this one.
  • Hi everybody, have missed all the old fun...Wayii, great to see the new Slon stuff on ShareCG  :)

• Hi ya skylab!  *hugs*
  • Hi, skylab. Glad to see you. :)
    How've you been doing?
  • Hi Elynda and Terre...have missed you all.  Doing fine on this end, just out of the loop for awhile to deal with the real life details necessary to finally become an officially retired little old lady...haha.   Now I have more time to play and rest than I ever imagined possible.   Just had to face the reality that a high stress (but totally sedentary) career was not doing a thing for my health, and instead it was doing much to make it worse.  So...the past year has been a time of transition, and I'm feeling much better these days.   Recently I started checking on the 3D forums and downloads to somehow catch up to all I've missed (and I've apparently missed a lot...haha), and noticed that Wayii had some Slon stuff posted, so I thought of checking here to see if there was any new activity.  So good to see you all online again  :)   It's been so long since I've attempted a render or animation, it will be almost like starting over.  Have you all being doing any contests on the DAZ forum?  Elynda, I've certainly missed our character challenges and all the joking around...it was great fun.   Hope all is well for everyone here.  I'll keep checking to keep up with you all.  If you ever do another Nursoda contest thread, I'd certainly be interested in participating, just for the fun of it.   Love to everyone  :)

• A number of us have left the Daz forums for good.  Too many changes and none of them for the better there.

Right now, I'm working on a continuing series of Slon goodies to pass out to folks out here through Rendo Freestuff (since Slon is sold through Renderosity) and Share CG.  I would like to invite all and sundry to tag along and maybe do some Slon freebies as well, though I can no longer offer any prizes and we no longer have a super high-traffic forum to FLO from.  It's more of an open invitation in honor of good old times and a spirit of giving and camaraderie that was the first casualty to the dichotomy shift at our old haunts.

*hugs*

I'm so glad you came back and found us here.
  • Yay! Skylab came back! And congrats on your retirement. Huge, change, that.
  • Hi Wayii...I had a feeling that the changes on the old forum didn't set well.  It certainly broke my heart to see all the threads archived without images.  I was in the middle of transition from work, and totally missed their planned shift in the forum.  I lost all my emails, threads, the whole bit.  I had ended up in the emergency room with a serious diabetic spike and had to make the decision how much more of my health did I want to sacrifice to a high stress lifestyle.   After finally retiring and happily stabilizing at home, then I realized everything on the forum was gone.  It was very upsetting but what can one do when decisions like that are made.  I'm so very sorry that it happened.  The work that I contributed was nothing compared to the work that you all created and gave freely.   I'm glad the old gang can at least keep in touch here.  I've only been to Rendo's forums a few times, but just wondering if it would be a possibility for a higher traffic Nursoda thread?   I remember from spending time there once before during a Poser release, many of the same people hang out there that used to frequent the other forum.   If you're ever interested in trying it, I'd be willing to do a SLON STRANGER (or whatever FLO name of choice) direct to new location type of thread at the Commons.  Content from the old threads could slowly be re-posted.  I saved much of the old threads (SLON STRANGER and the Fon and Slon FLO's), so if you're interested, I could send it to you by email in sections.  Just a thought, if you're interested, but if not, I certainly understand.   And yes, I'll try to get back in the swing and create a few more Slon poses in order to join with your efforts.  I've noticed that Nursoda is not creating characters as often, and that is certainly a shame.  His unique work needs support and encouragement, and I feel the same toward this very talented group, so if there's anything I can do to help, just let me know.  

*hugs right back to you all*

~skylab  :)

• Hi Nanobot, good to see you too.  Yes, retirement is a big change, especially for someone as busy-minded as I've always been.  I just had to find ways to make the transition.   A friend from my former place of work gave me a drum set to use for therapy for my leg...and it has indeed strengthened my left leg on the high hat (plus I'm actually learning to play using drum tutorials on YouTube...haha).   So...retirement has not been idle...but rather just a different way to be busy.

:)

• There is something totally, deliciously cool about a retiree discovering a love of playing drums. 
  • Even though I've been a musician all my life, it was indeed a leap into something new...haha...much like Slon jumping on a trampoline.  :)

• Same kinda cool, actually.
  • That it does. :)
  • Oh!  Just added two goodies from Jim to the Slon Compendium!  An ERC CR2 to make posing him ever so much easier and a Developer's CR2 with which one can make clothes and stuff for our little guy.  :D

• Slon ERC was actually supposed to go into the FLO event for Slon way back when, but apparently I was drunk when I made him and forgot I didn't post him.

Hey, don't laugh, I rig better that way.

Aaaaanyway...

The big advantage of the ERC slon is that it makes posing the character vastly easier, particularly posing the ears, trunk, neck and hands.  It's essentially the same as the ERC Fon I released during the FLO for Fon, but it has more options (inspired by what Nan was doing with a similar version).  It's compatible with all Slon clothing, including Wayii's most recent "Second Skins" releases, and all slon Morphs, including the "Slondie" set.

For those who don't use Slon, it's probably not even going to register on their radar.  But if you do use Slon, you will find this dramatically improves your ability to pose the character as you like.
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • For serious, the ERC Slon is SO much easier to use that it's a relief.

I was discussing the Slon stuff today with Nan over lunch.  Between the ERC, some clothing bits that are quietly in production by some very familiar faces and the flurry of conforming second skins and second NuPhila set it's rather like a mini-trip back to the first Love-Of. 

Seeing Skylab return just makes that even cooler, because let's face it -- she was SUCH an inspirational force in the first event that I can't really think of For Love Of and not see her renders, animations and poses.  Most of the original Slonfest gang is here now.  And we've even a few folk in here that weren't in on that first event.

You just don't know how seriously happy that makes me. 

*hugs*

I love you guys.
  • Here you go Wayii....a new Slon pose on ShareCG.  It was already downloaded before I could even check to make sure the page loaded correctly...haha.   Here's the link:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/67779/browse/11/Poser/SLON-KEYBOARD-POSE

Also working on an animation, and will post it on the new "Slon Stranger" at YouTube when completed, at this link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SlonStranger

The three videos posted there now are some Slon oldies backed by a simple keyboard improv I did years ago during a home studio recording project.   I'm just using improv stuff in order to experiment with audio and video mix, while remaining completely copyright safe.   Hopefully I'll have Slon "playing the keyboard" in the upcoming animation....haha.

Am anxious to try the new ERC.  Slon's left ear has always had a small issue with the settings, but I've used him so much, it's a part of my routine to treat the left ear differently than the right during posing.  Am looking forward to trying the new controls.

And...it makes me seriously happy to see the gang together again.   :)

slon-keyboard-pose.jpg
    450 x 424 - 84K
  • Yay!  Time to update.
  • Drum pose for Slon using free set at 3dpmr.com, scaled to fit his leg length.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/67784/browse/11/Poser/SLON-DRUMS

SLON-DRUMS.jpg
    550 x 525 - 136K
  • Cool. =)
  • Nabbed, starred, added and stuffed into the runtime!  Woot!

Query:  Where did the keyboard prop come from?  I'm trying to track down some of these. 
  • The DX7 keyboard that I used is the only one that has working keys, and though it isn't free, it is apparently on clearance now at Rendo, at this link:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=25801

There are only two other free keyboards that I know of, the Pandora obj that recently appeared in Rendo free stuff, here:  http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=70811  (which imports as all white, but has material settings for each part, see example picture below)...

...and the very simple free keyboard on this page:
    http://lab108.x0.com/lab108/inst.html

The Vintage drum set is on page 63 under the 3dpmr.com Free Stuff link (have to join to download).  Pages 64 and 65 have the rest of the Beatles gear, including amps and guitars.

PANDORA-KEYBOARD-MATERIALS.jpg
    800 x 518 - 210K
    NOS-BEATLES-WIP.bmp
    1064 x 378 - 1M
  • Work in progress, since all of the band instruments are available, am attempting a group project using Nursoda's Nos character.  Still working on the faces, have not yet done the hair, and the clothes probably won't be right since I don't have Elynda's clothing skills...haha  :)

NOS-BEATLES-WIP.bmp
    1064 x 378 - 1M
    NOS-BEATLES-WIP.jpg
    700 x 269 - 104K
  • Nice, thank you!

:D
  • You're welcome Wayii  :)

Work in progress, clothing problem solved...by parenting up-scaled Nos head to Doc Pitterbill body.

NOS-BEATLES-WIP2.jpg
    800 x 219 - 82K
  • Muahahaaa!  Suro and I are almost ready to unleash this beauty over on Share CG!

This is why I've been kinda quiet for the last week.  I've been Nancrastinating on the Type III Slon Seconds with this project LOL!
  • This will be Suro's first freebie for Slon.  I'm actually very excited for her, since it's really a nice coat.  Jim (Xaa) also helped out with the rigging (as we all know, he is a fantastic rigger).

I'm looking forward to seeing what GT and Elynda do with it once it's uploaded, since those two always do some very fun texture work and we were careful to include a good texture template.

Oh!  I finally got Doctor Pitterbill.
  • I can't wait to start using all the new Slon stuff  :D

• Here's the band...Nos up-scaled 200% (with invisible body), parented to Doc's body.  

NOS-PITTERBILL-BAND.jpg
    650 x 413 - 147K
  • Oh WELL done.  :D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!