3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Other Noir
  • Forgotten.
    Forgotten.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 354K
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Here is the large version in case anyone wanted to do their own wallpapers with Mik's "Resting".  ;)
    Resting.zip
    1M
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Good name, Grim. That looks like a place that a lot of unpleasant things could happen in.
  • Thank you!  I've been a busy worker bee of late grinding out artwork.  In between looking for work and schtuff. XD
  • Nanobot said:

An ...unusual Reaper, to say the least.

Fabulous.
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • going slightly surreal in the noir area, maybe?  dunno- it's indicative of my body's protests right now.  *smirk*image
    Steamed.jpg
    1024 x 1280 - 347K
  • That looks painful, Dar. I hope you're feeling better soon.
    Interesting from an artistic perspective. to. Nice work.
  • Thank you- and it has been.  My arthritis has not been happy lately and it's gotten difficult to walk or type- much less hold a pen.  My hand and hip joints feel as though someone injected glass shards between them.  

Eventually it will settle- I'm hoping the anti-inflammatory medications work and soon.

• Ow on the arthritis! This wet weather locally has had me creaking pretty badly, too.

The contrast on the black of the arms joining the torso...I can't help but recognize the zone between the collar and chest. As I said on Rendo, a little more contrast between background and arms would have shown him smoking his cigar. Which I love--wish it showed up better.

Still, this is a charming image. Love the background, and your usual wonderful kitbash. image
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • The contrast was difficult to work with after putting in the effects on the layer I wanted...ended up being BLUE- so I took them out and left the arm to blend in. XD  Glad you like, thank you so much!
  • Ringmaster- The toys never last.image
    Ringmaster.jpg
    1300 x 1500 - 500K
  • very cool
  • I get a "Something Wicked This Way Comes" vibe from that. Looks good. :)
  • Thank you! Both!  I had an inkling to render Nicolae again...it's been awhile.  So- it's titled "Smirk".image
    Smirk.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 405K
  • If only for the lighting- Called Up Close, done in C 8 Pro.image
    upclose.jpg
    800 x 1500 - 293K
  • Wow...weirdly photographic, that.
  • Thank you!  I spent hours on his skin and lighting- SSS was for skin wax, then more tweaking after that with everything else before I finalized the lights, then more tweaking after that.

I am rather pleased with this one.

• Stunningly realistic. Always amazed how well Carrara does hair. And more than a little envious of your skill.
  • Nan and Raet, good wording. You guys said what I've been trying to format into something understandable. Telepathy doesn't exist so raw concepts do not work for telling GRIM what I think of his render. :)
  • Machinery Noir!image
    noir challenge 1.jpg
    3300 x 1350 - 420K
  • Ooooo.. I like the way that turned out. :)
  • :D  pretty nifty!
  • Date Night:  After Dinner

AfterDinner.jpg
    2000 x 2828 - 586K
  • :D
  • It is not exactly noir. but it is not nude, nor hot and bothersome:Try a little tenderness

CoupleEmbraceBearsWeb.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 326K
  • Btw, there is something odd going on with the standing guy's arm. Gotta check whether poser tried to shorten them and changed the scale or something.
  • The one on the left is kneeling! I see it now. I'm sorry, I took him for a very short person. *cough* But I love the together-pose.
  • Lol.very short indeed he would have been.
  • Great posing.
    It did take me a moment to realize that it was two normal sized guys too. Of course once as a child I did see a man who's torso, arms, and head were full sized while his legs were the size of a young child so that probably had some influence.
  • Well the interpretation is quite right. I wanted to convey the idea that sometimes, in a good relationship, there are times when you feel less man and more boy and all you want is that feeling of safety from the world you had when resting your head on your dad's tummy.
  • Then you did it perfectly. :)
  • Thank you Terre!
  • Very well done, Raet.  Completely agree with that sentiment as well.  
  • This is SuLin the latest character to make an appearance in the collaboration I'm working on. She is Ko's younger sister.

I set myself the challenge of trying to create a shattered mirror image just in render and this is the result. The only postwork is on the border effect and her chipped nails. The blood is also a rendered liquid object by SpaceBones.

SuLin has just done something incredibly stupid even for her, and she's a 'seemed like a good idea at the time' kind of gal. She's staring at the mirror but not seeing her reflection, looking inwards and reflecting on what she has done. Actions have consequences and not always the desired ones.

She's smashed her hand into the mirror in frustrated anger at herself and her image, unaware that she has cut herself. Her inner self/soul/ego is shattered. She's stunned and shell shocked by just how badly things have worked out.

In a moment the adrenaline is going to wear off and the pain from her hand will kick in. Then she will pull herself together, grow a tougher skin and suck it up. But it's going to be hard to go forward when she really wants to start the day over.
    SuLin2DM.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 1M
  • That is amazing dylazuna!
  • Well done Raet. Looking forward to the next image. :)
  • I agree with Raet- very well done Dylarunza!  
  • Very nicely done, dylazuna!
  • Thanks all :)
  • You know, the more I look at that, Dyla, the more I like that. I was just admiring the hand with the chipped nails. That's cool. :)
  • Thanks Nan. I used a photo of real chipped nails as a guide.
  • No wonder they came out so well. I wish more people would use reality as a guide.
  • Artist's references are a must for every artist!
  • Waiting and waiting and waiting...
    Do you ever feel like billing your doctor for the time you waste in the waiting room? 
    :D

WaitingRoom.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 638K
  • *chuckle*
  • Yes.

I made an appointment for X time sharp.  I did not make an appointment to wait for an indeterminate time after I arrive at X time sharp to get a room, then wait an indeterminate amount of time in the room till a nurse comes, then another indeterminate amount of time for the rare actual appearance of a real live doctor.

That's a really lovely render.  It's far too cheery to be a medical waiting room though.  There are just not the emotional overtones of impatience, annoyance, anxiety and discomfort that come with the scenario.
  • Wayii said:

Yes.

I made an appointment for X time sharp.  I did not make an appointment to wait for an indeterminate time after I arrive at X time sharp to get a room, then wait an indeterminate amount of time in the room till a nurse comes, then another indeterminate amount of time for the rare actual appearance of a real live doctor.

That's a really lovely render.  It's far too cheery to be a medical waiting room though.  There are just not the emotional overtones of impatience, annoyance, anxiety and discomfort that come with the scenario.

it is a lovely render! And yes , Wayii, what you said about nervous discomfort is true, but with only two characters and one panel that is a tall order. A series of pictures would document that much better.
  • She has a tense, unhappy body posture that fits, though. Reading the magazine as if she's ready to bolt.

(I end up falling asleep in the waiting room... but I factor in a potential nap when I don't have to mind anyone at all).
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Still under Carrara's spell. Oh, and sunsets.

WesternTown.png
    1000 x 750 - 591K
    Suspiro ergo sum.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!