3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Fantasy
  • Let's start another thread...
  • Ah, so I better submit my fantasy pics here then, this is good. :)

Wonderful perspective, Raet! :)

• I have one too... finished it yesterday. had a livstream while hair painting but I was... drunk... hahaha...

• Hossa, Mav, you are knocking them out of the park. Love this guy, especially the work on the displacement and the fact that his skin at times looks like it is covered in a thin layer of ice.
  • Truly stunning. The colours are perfect. Very icy and wintery *shiver*
  • The lovely detail of that is SO yummy. That's just awesome, Mav!
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Oh my, thank you very much, both of you. :)

I have one more of this guy, since I feel like creating a lot with him lately...

• These colour palettes rock. So great.
  • Can I have this one as my Christmas gift, Mav? Froth lice Weihnachten in die Heimat.
  • Thank you very much, both of you!

Raetjor, do you want the big file? NOte me at DA with your mail, I am online at yahoo at the moment. Und fröhliche Weihnachten auch von mir!

• This has been commissioned... Gotta love wet skin and muscles of a "Golden Sain"... 

• Another one to add to my "Mavrosh's Shower" collection. You are the queen of unusual skin design. The golden sheen is amazing. Say is your black and white elf creation up to anything these days? I definitely have a soft spot for him.
  • You guys might find this a tad dark.
    gemetzel.jpg
    833 x 520 - 276K
  • Tad small, more like! I want to see all the details! :)
  • Yeah, sorry. And there is no way of getting it back ; stupid me did not save until poser crashed. Could kick myself for that. is this one better? (had to upscale it hence the blurriness, plus poser died when I wanted to get the z-depth pass., so mo depth of field.
    gemetzel2.jpg
    1319 x 823 - 693K
  • Aha! See now, I totally thought the dragon was part of the tentacular badness originally!  Thank you!
  • This is not too dark at all, I can see everything just fine. :)

Wonderful work, Raetjor! Gotta love all the details! Ah, and the black and white babe... I should work with him again, I know. :)

Until then I have a new one with Kry:

• Cheers, Mavrosh. That's a very dynamic Kry offering there. I like it a lot; his hair is very beautiful and gives the whole picture a lot of energy. Is that the aurora borealis in the background?
  • Looks like it to me. Or a good facsimile. :)

• Looks like it to me. Or a good facsimile. :)

Same here. :)
  • Raet, I posted in the VN thread the same thing, but I see here that you have an 'improved' version of the image that touches on similar things that I was speaking of (sort of). I'll copy/paste it here too. :)

It's a shame that got pinched by Poser crashing on ya. It was shaping up to be a good one! The only advice I'd have given is that to help give a better sense of the tentacles, I'd have put a rim light in the back of them, just to pick them up out of the backdrop a little. Just a bright source (could have remained orange even) from the distant back-right of the image to highlight the edges of the tentacles and character. That way the scene can remain dark, but you are able to easily make out more. 

It's so discouraging when a scene you have worked on for a while goes belly up like that. :\

Seeing this new one, my advice still stands. It could be a very thin highlight of orange, which would play off your blue light on the tentacles (the ones in question here are the back ones behind the guy with the flame sword). Basically, anywhere that there is a dark void, with only a small amount of detail showing can improve by simply adding a rim light on it (even a subtle one). This way you can have your dark scenes, but improve on them. Also, you may want to have a look at Mike Mignolla's work, which is full of dark scenes, but he'll use a colour wash in the backdrop to silhouette things in the foreground. His style is not 3d, but you can learn from it. He's the master of dark scenes!
  • Thank you, yes, this is a northern light in the background actually. :-)

My favorite elf... *sighs happily*

• It's good to see you posting more Mav. :)
  • Hello again! 

Have been quite busy as I am back to school since monday... crazy crazy days, so much to do but I feel pretty good with all this,. Life is going smooth, so to say...

Also I have created a new character, a Tiefling (means: human mother, demonic father) and I would love to share him. 

;;)

This is him, exploring some magic.

And this is him, showing off his psionic power.

And last but not least this one, where I show him half human - because he owns a ring of disguise which gives him an all human appearance when wearing it.

• Cool stuff, Mav. Thank you for sharing this chap!
  • Nanobot said:

Cool stuff, Mav. Thank you for sharing this chap!

Thank you for looking at him! :) At the moment I love playing with the asian feeling, I don´t know... :)
  • Ok, less of a WIP but still not quite there as I still need to fix the expression of the guy in the stocks. and fiddle with the spec channel of the manica I think.
    Prison2.jpg
    1833 x 1144 - 2M
  • Definitely too much spec on the manica; it is almost appearing to me like glossy and new plastic? I still like the texture on that tunic!
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • onderful lights in this, Raetjor, I love the scene and the color scheme. Redo the specular thingy and it should be fine. Ah, one thing, but maybe this is just me: The dude on the right, is he having a clipping with the... sorry, I only know the german expression ... Steckt der da mit der Brust im Pranger oder täusche ich mich?

Still wonderful work so far!

• I think the guy in the pillory, his chest is intersecting the pillar part!
  • PS - what'd he do that he's all tied up??
  • Maybe he was stealing international secrets.... Or, or... Maybe he was caught with the King's concubine... or... maybe the Queen? Or even perhaps he just looked at a guard and thought- "I'm goin' t'jail." ? :D That's part of the fun- making up stories for renders.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Or the Grand Wizard needed test subjects?
  • Actually when last I checked he had whittled on the Grand Temple's steps, Writing something altogether inflammatory about the High Priest in yellow ink. That did not go down too well with the priesthood.
  • Btw that intersection is entirely possible and will get sorted, mind you just getting his arms to where they needed to be was a struggle. I don't think Val, who made it actually tried having somebody in that thing.
  • Raetjor said:

Actually when last I checked he had whittled on the Grand Temple's steps, Writing something altogether inflammatory about the High Priest in yellow ink. That did not go down too well with the priesthood.

I would have said he'd *piddled* on the temple steps. Yeah, you'd get thrown in the hoosegow for that, alright.
    Raetjor said:

Btw that intersection is entirely possible and will get sorted, mind you just getting his arms to where they needed to be was a struggle. I don't think Val, who made it actually tried having somebody in that thing.

Ohhh. Valandar? Well, the kind with the post was a two-person job. Here:

• Shoot, do I have to make one of those, too? image
  • * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
  • Ooo...Nice. Though I don't have a use for that one. *headtip* Maybe.
  • I love this character, I am sorry... 

=:)
  • GRIM said:

Definitely too much spec on the manica; it is almost appearing to me like glossy and new plastic? I still like the texture on that tunic!

turns out Mr BagginsBill's shader used an ambient channel which in broad daylight illumination is pretty but in low torch light causes problems. I have switched it off now and it looks a lot better.
  • Mavrosh said:

I love this character, I am sorry... 

=:)

Don't be sorry...he's one of my favorites too!
  • Raetjor said:

GRIM said:

Definitely too much spec on the manica; it is almost appearing to me like glossy and new plastic? I still like the texture on that tunic!

turns out Mr BagginsBill's shader used an ambient channel which in broad daylight illumination is pretty but in low torch light causes problems. I have switched it off now and it looks a lot better.

Yep. Most of the BB-style shaders glow in the dark.
  • Guess that's the way he avoids stubbing his hairy feet while roaming round Bagend in the middle of the night.
  • *snicker*
  • Raetjor said:

Guess that's the way he avoids stubbing his hairy feet while roaming round Bagend in the middle of the night.

LOL! Now we know. :D
  • :D!
  • Some very nice work Raet and Mav. Love the new characters. 

Great job on the retexturing Raet. Looks very good. :)
  • Commissioned work of a friends character... the print looks wonderful btw... :) His sword was modeled only for him (since this character sword looks like this in the roleplaying camapaign) and I have had the honor to texture it. :)

• And for those that like hunks: The result of an art trade over at DeviantArt. :)

• The golden fellow is one snappy dresser!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!