3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Comic Style Challenge!
  • Hulk is a sad character at the heart of it. Much emphasis gets put on his rage (which is part of it), but that rage stems from his sadness, I think. Face it, he's hunted, alone, cut off from those he loves, ostracized much like the Frankenstein figure. He has good reason to be angry.

I was always partial to that mythos – partially why I love Edward Scissorhands, which is another great example of that story in a slightly different format.
  • And because I can show you a closer version (much of the fine detail gets lost at the smaller size), here is a crop in of his torso. (sorry to spam with Hulk imagery).

PS, click on it to expand to full size. Hey, this makes a decent wallpaper on it's own. :)

hulk_scene_CU.jpg
    1619 x 1200 - 651K
  • Very cool.
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • Well done , mate. Worth every second you've spent on it. The colour corrections and paint work really lift it.
  • I am in awe!

I love seeing before and after versions. Really makes you appreciate the skill of the artist. I was so green when I started 3d I thought all finished artworks in the galleries were actual renders and wondered why mine sucked big time!
  • Same here, Dyla. That was extremely frustrating at the getgo. Thankfully, Nan showed me the ropes. ;)

I really enjoy the post work part, so I tend to do as much as is needed in the render application and do the rest in Photoshop. In this case, that was a whole lot, but sometimes, it's far less. Depends on the image.
  • Yeah, my renders sucked initially, too. Now I rarely post things that have not at least had some colour correction or brightness adjustment done in photoshop. I must however go back to Nano's tutorials and learn how to paint hair.
  • Nano needs to do some new hair painting tutorials, but screen/audio capture software has been further down on the wishlist for a while. Eh, I could buy fewer toys for a while, I suppose. ;)  What, save up? Me?
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Sweet holy hulk that's quite a difference between the original and the final.  Excellent job!

• Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Mysterious comment!

OK, I had to make a crop-top and shorts for this outfit, too. I'm punting on making them conformables, so they'll be dynamic. They'll crumple better that way anyhow!

Current progress, before I start grouping and Poserizing this stuff. Pay no attention to the colors; that's just for telling material zones apart.

7-18-2012 9-11-08 PM.jpg
    356 x 699 - 64K
  • Spiffy. =)
  • Wowza. Love it. :)
  • *bowing to Master Nan*

Mysterious comment? How did it get in there? Strange things are happening: comments I mean to post don't get posted, and blank comments appear by themselves.

I didn't know the Domovoi (house-spirit of Russian folklore) was tech-savvy.

Or maybe there's a tech spirit I don't know of? A Russian gremlin?

Anyway... LT, I'm envious. I want to be you when I grow up.

Nan, you too. I"ll have a split personality, that's settled.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Awesome, Nan. So impressed.
  • LT and I frequently share a brain, so you can be both of us without too much trouble. LOL!

Thanks, guys. I think I have to make her some long gloves, too, but I'm going to use JoeQuick's starter suit for that. >.> Cheat when you can!
  • Well, since there isn't a comic area, specific, other than this thread, I am sticking my latest one here...

Just a practice piece, more than anything. Trying to keep the art wheels greased. Props to Nano for a little push in the right direction on the backdrop (I was mega-stuck and she pushed me off on the right path!).

Psylocke was always one of my fave females from the X-Men, partially because she's got such a complicated backstory (a low-level, British telepath becomes a powerful, Asian ninja with a bump to her psionic abilities, all due to a magic portal... see complicated!) and partially because, well let's face it, she's h-a-w-t.

I don't do females very often, so it was good practice for that too.

Hope you guys like it. :)

Click for a bigger view!

psylocke_fnl.jpg
    833 x 1200 - 256K
  • Neat. =)
  • Love it.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Came out well. :)
  • Thanks! Yeah, I quite like how it came together too. Who knows, maybe there's more female renders in store for me in the future!?
  • Oh my. Are we losing our mojo?

Nahh. We're still not doing finger-sucking Vickis.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!