3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Do Cyber-Chickens Dream of Electric Sheep?
  • You do good work. Then other people with skill and talent do good work with them. :)
  • I liketheperspective in this new one Celticfire, and the lighting. Two things you may want to have another look at are the gun and the Stetson, they look to me as though they float, rather than lying on the bed.
  • Nanobot said:

LOL - I keep looking at those shorts in others' renders and going, "Hey, those are nice looking," and doing a double-take.

LOL! That just made my day hun!
  • Good job! Twenty Minutes, I'm impressed. I really like the lighting and his expression. Where did you get that neon writing from? Is that a model or did you do that in post work?
  • Yeah, like the glowy green. Man in a hurry, that's for sure.
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • And really, this is exactly what a lot of these special effects props are: flat planes with a texture and ambient light turned up. You just made your own!
  • My RPG character in a modern setting... might as well fit here. :) Full size view is recommended. :)

• I like the change of pace! And clothing. Now, that's something different.
  • Well done, Mav.  I like him all updated. :)
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Eh, something I worked on last night and post worked today.  It's simply called "The Artist"  This is the low-res version.
    the artist 2.jpg
    1216 x 1236 - 392K
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Looks like he's trying to decide how to accomplish a specific thing.
  • Even if I put him together *I* don't even wanna know.  :D
  • Nan and LT and Xaa... I've been trying to upload something I finished last night for a while now, and no dice. Any clue why? It doesn't get past the Uploading.... progress bar.
  • There is an upper limit to size for the forum uploads.  I don't remember what it is, but it's not big.  I usually limit my images to 500K, though I've successfully posted images up to 1Meg.
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • Oh, for images? Yeah, best to keep it the same file sizes as the other forums use, which is around 500KB. You can still get a pretty big image out of that after resizing down.

I believe for files, the limit is more like 30 MB.
  • Got it, thanks! Will try again.
  • Hmmm. Still won't upload. Biggest one I tried was 495KB.... Using Chrome if that's of any significance.

• And just tried a 380-somethingKB one that won't upload either...
  • Go with firefox, chrome sucks.
  • I like Chrome, but I tried uploading with both Firefox and IE and still can't.
  • Then the problem is either: 

1) The file itself is buggered.  Such as you have saved a png as jpg or something, but the file extension doesn't match the file format.

2) You aren't clicking the right buttons to do it.
  • General file or image upload procedure, just to cross-check.

Look at the Write Comment box. See the words, "Attach a file" underneath. Click them.
    A Browse text box shows up now.
    Click in the text box.
    Now navigate through your computer's file system to find the file. HAS to have an extension that matches its file type.

If it's a picture, just click the Open button and it will upload.  If it uploads and it's not a picture, you're done.
    In either case, you'll see a thumbnail under the "Attach a file" text box.
    Now hover over the thumbnail.
    The thumbnail will get a border, its file name will appear under the thumbnail, and there will also be the words, "Insert image."
    Click "Insert image". Hopefully you'll see the image appear directly inline underneath your most recently typed text.

• Also, I wonder if you have some sort of security settings to prevent you from uploading files from your present location?
  • I have been able to upload pictures before, but now that you mention security settings... I did install a new anti-virus about a week ago. Could that be it? What sort of settings would I need to fiddle with?
  • As for file extensions, I saved the render layers as pngs, but the final image was a flat jpeg after postwork. The property dialog box says jpeg, and so does the file name. Anything else?
  • Beats the hell out of me, I can't imagine what the problem might be.
  • Well, if you've done it before, and used the same browser, and the files aren't mucked up, then something else happened on your computer between then and now.
  • Had to share a bit of M3 love.  He really does still have a bit of something going, especially if you like a touch of bishonen.
    m3stillgotit.jpg
    630 x 881 - 446K
  • Nice shape to the jaw there to. Thanks. :)
  • Definately like him... M3 had wonderful clothing too!
  • Oh yes. That Privateer set was very nice. :)  Lovely pic, Wayii. I'm so glad you're rendering for us!
  • Nanobot said:

Oh yes. That Privateer set was very nice. :)  Lovely pic, Wayii. I'm so glad you're rendering for us!

True, but he is wearing Hardcore, isn't he? Privateer had a different style to the jacket.
  • Looks like Privateer pants. Wayii has been known to mix and match. :)
  • Wayii usually mixes and matches.

Privateer pants
    Privateer boots
    Shadowdancer shirt
    Hardcore jacket
    Hardcore gloves
    Hardcore belt
    Qain hair
  • Wayii said:

Wayii usually mixes and matches.

Privateer pants
    Privateer boots
    Shadowdancer shirt
    Hardcore jacket
    Hardcore gloves
    Hardcore belt
    Qain hair

And it's a thing of beauty to behold.
  • I wish I had gotten the Gen3 morphs when they were available... Wayii - M3 looks quite dashing under your direction, :D

Grim - Loving all the black and red! My favorite combination of colors, ^_^

Mav - Dang, girl! Your boy's hot!
  • Jim kinda prompted me to suck up as much of the good Gen3 stuff I could afford with a very special V3RR adaption.  I'm very glad I did when I did.  The Gen 3 figures and a lot of their older clothing are superior in many ways to a lot of what's available now for Gen4 and the genesis thing.  What they lacked was good modern texture work and mat settings.
  • I agree. I'm searching through the Gen3 sale right now to see if anything catches my eye. I have a few outfits that I want to try to convert since I never did get the Gen3 figures. I have the bases, but no morphs.
  • Privateer is exceptional.  Get it if you can.
  • Oh, I have it, just haven't gotten around converting it, :-P I converted and added morphs to the jacket, just have to do the rest. You use XD4, right? Any tips on converting shoes and gloves?
  • Oh, I have it, just haven't gotten around converting it, :-P I converted and added morphs to the jacket, just have to do the rest. You use XD4, right? Any tips on converting shoes and gloves?

I tend to experiment till I either get something useable or I give up.
  • Ah, ok, will have to do that too, :-P

So the Gen3 morphs are back in the store... *ponders*
  • Wayii said:

Had to share a bit of M3 love.  He really does still have a bit of something going, especially if you like a touch of bishonen.

awwwww :) now there is one of the few pretty males i have seen rendered in 3d. most of the males are scary, bulky, or mean, unless they are faery or elf or something. this looks kind of like data and his cat... :)
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Awe...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!