3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Fantasy
  • Hooyah, that's one nifty naga!
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Nanobot said:

Hooyah, that's one nifty naga!

Thank you! :) Actually I never liked those creatures but then... yah well. :)
  • Love this. Wow. So beautiful...

The colours and water just make it shimmer and come to life. Great work.
  • Thank you! I am actually very happy I found out my personal favorite settings for a water surface in DAZ... :) My render times always explode though when there is water in a scene... 

Socair again... yes, I know. ;)

Six and a half hours of hair painting in this one... but I need to say that the original picture was way bigger than the web version. 

• Wow, six hours is a lot of time to invest in hair. But the end result is well worth it.
  • Wow, six hours is a lot of time to invest in hair. But the end result is well worth it.

I actually went crazy about it here... because I painted every single hair as a single hair... to see if it makes any difference. And as I said, big original file, print quality, 300 dpi... Btw - it DOES make a difference. ;)
  • It certainly does. When I see someone on another forum say they don't like painted hair I think of what you and Nan turn out and end up thinking they don't like it because it's much more labor intensive than rendered hair.
  • Thank you, Terre.
  • Thank you! :)
  • A new character I'm working on.  Haven't come up with a name for him as I've been doing some renders to develop him a bit.  Suggestions?

Swapped out the picture for one that was a bit brighter.  Was looking bad on my monitor at work as well.  heh
  • Crappy monitor & vid card here at work. It's a bit hard to tell more than: ripped, light-colored, and green-eyed.
  • Hmm, I wonder why Celticfire's image isn't showing for me? The HTML looks OK. *puzzles*  For some reason, it can't find the image.
  • I can't either.

Edit: if you try and enter the URL of the image, you get a Page Not Found message.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Have the same problem. Tried at work and now at home, both times to no avail. Maybe it has to do with its size or te file extension?
  • Raetjor said:

Have the same problem. Tried at work and now at home, both times to no avail. Maybe it has to do with its size or te file extension?

Nothing I can do about it from here. If Celtic put the wrong extension on it...that might do it. One hopes it'll get re-posted. :)
  • Extension is correct, she must have accidentally deleted it before she posted.
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • Looks good now. :)
  • And so worth the trouble.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Ooooh, very worth the trouble!  <3

And um, yes, I was MUCH better at Changeling tabletop RPG than Vampire larp!  Was a Pookah, of course, that turned into a nice tuxedo kitty. My apartment mate was sidhe, and I was his cat.
  • I still love that Pookah character. :)
  • There are a bunch o' people here who ran regular D&D, but me, I did World of Darkness back in the day. I probably wouldn't recognize it now!
  • Sounds like when Avalon Hill bought Rune Quest from Chaosium. The new game didn't even deserve the name it had.
  • Wow, love it, Celticfire, the effects are really very effective..I like the red/green in the vibrant tones echoing the darker tones.
  • Well thank you hun, I really appreciate that! Hope to see more from you too!
  • Yep, that picture is a keeper! The eyes are hysterical, and I love the magick.
  • While I like that image a good bit, I find myself tssking over the notable lack of Nursoda in that host of critters.  Shame, shame!
  • *snickersnort* that was my thought, too.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • PS: Wayii has corrupted me with all that Nursodaness.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Heresy!  >.<
  • Tsk! (Well, at least Celtic didn't post it in the Nursoda thread.) ;)
  • Industrial-sized Elf, Ariolas, and Mikhail--one of Dar/Grim's fellas.

ri-mik.jpg
    1483 x 1600 - 486K
  • Nanobot said:

Industrial-sized Elf, Ariolas, and Mikhail--one of Dar/Grim's fellas.
    /blockquote>

Aaah, the oldies are still goodies. Always loved this one.

• mMM... So have I. *So* well done, Nan.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • *droooooooool* *clings to elfie's arms* Mine.
  • That one has aged well. I was surprised at how old it is! (Like about 2 years or so.) We aims to elicit drooly sounds. Thank you, my job is done.
  • My word, but that all just looks fantastic. The skin, the hair, the elf.... excuse me, I need to go empty my drool bucket.
  • Hey, I have it on rotation in my wallpaper collection, and I'm always happy when it happens. BTW, those are Wayii's textures for Battler on Mik, I think! :D
  • I have Battler, but I still need to pick up those textures. I love them.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Yep, those are the Jade set from Diamonds & Rust.  It's a personal fave.
  • Mavrosh said:

Wow, six hours is a lot of time to invest in hair. But the end result is well worth it.

I actually went crazy about it here... because I painted every single hair as a single hair... to see if it makes any difference. And as I said, big original file, print quality, 300 dpi... Btw - it DOES make a difference. ;)

you mean i'm not the only person who is that much of a perfectionist to want to do something like that? some of my art has been pixel by pixel, many, many hours...

yes, it shows, mav. great job :)
    ~^..^~ ladyfur

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!